Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have a Pve version of skill abilities from the Alliance War Skills?

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are daily Fighters Guild quests (bounties I think they're called) in Cyrodiil that award AP, no need to pvp, pick them up at one of your alliance bases.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • photonoxx
    photonoxx
    ✭✭
    Yes, there's many PVE quest in Cyrodiil that give AP, repairing wall and door after a siege give some AP too. It's not really hard to get some point in "alliance war" line

Personally, I rarely doing dungeon since I don't knowing many people to group with, so my undaunted line is at level 3 even I would like some abilities of this line, I don't think I'm going to claim to the ability to earn undaunted xp by finding books...

It's just the game I think, a whole part of the game is dedicated to group, and I can regret it, but it's the game, I just have to find a way to do without the benefits which comes with

PVP is not bad, just some people who play in are. For example I think about some big group of player that take a resources and wait other players comes and kill them for farming AP. Their purpose to be here is not playing or have fun, nor taking resources or some keeps, no, it's just killing as many players as they can.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not necessary at all and would be a waste imo rather have them waste time implementing a new skill three with new skills for everyone to use or even better make basic things works as intended.

Besides vigor, warhorn and maybe caltrops there isn't much to gain from the alliance war skills anyway.
    Just go there when you don't have anything to do in pve or something join a big group and spam heals you'll have the skills in less then a day.

I'm not against it but i just think they done more then enough to make all of this alot easier then it used to be some people will just complain no matter how easy they make it not saying you are like this OP i understand it's a game and if you really don't want to do pvp you can find ways around the things you can get from these.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave them in alliance war skill trees, but make all of them useful in PvE. Not only caltrops, detonation, vigor and horn.
    And vicious death set for PvE magicka DK's. Mobs should detonate too.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look! [SNIP] Hello!

edited to remove baiting/flaming comment
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 22, 2016 5:27PM
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    William_21 wrote: »
    This might be helpful to you or might not.

But farming AP is not that bad and it doesn't take that long to, say, unlock caltrops.

Defending/assaulting keeps gives you a nice amount of AP. You don't have to exactly go toe-to-toe with other players.

With the current Pvpers complaining about killer clothes killing them through proc sets..... mmm nope. I'm not stepping foot into Cyrodiil.

I'm 100% pure PVER :)

I would like to earn the same skills from a different and more comfortable approach that is in PvE Territory.

Unfortunately you won't be able too because if you want pvp skills you have to pvp.

Just like the pvp'ers have to bother with pve:

- levelling a character to 50
    - getting skill lines to 50
    - getting enough skill points from quests and skyshards
    - getting fighters guild to 10
    - mages guild to 10
    - morphing all the skills
    - undaunted to 9
    - Farming sets from RNG dungeons
    - Farming sets from RNG drops in open pve
    - Levelling ww/vamp, including actually get ww/vamp.
    - Farming undaunted for monster sets
    - Farming msa for weapons / sets
    - Farming DSA for weapons
    - Farming trials for sets

As you can see all you pve'ers have to do to unlock vigor, which is what i'm guessing you want to do , is to get 86k ap which is like 2-3 hours worth of pvping. I'm sure you can suck it up and handle it.

Be gratful vigor used to be harder to get because it's such a useful skill but because of the crying of pve'er it's not a 2-3 hour job and maxing the alliance war skill lines which used to take million of ap can easily be done in a day now. Goobye pvp progression.

This is a game, don't see why we need to suck up anything that not in our interest just because of bad design. That goes for both sides.

Instead of getting away this concept for good, ZOS nerfed left and right to please complainers. It still pisses people off and just adding to the 'my game got ruined to cater for others' toxicity.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Leave them in alliance war skill trees, but make all of them useful in PvE. Not only caltrops, detonation, vigor and horn.

Vicious death in pve would be broken and stupid.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it deal half or whatever of it's damage to NPC.
    When I saw this set bonus first time, I wanted to go in cyrodiil and PvP to gain it. When I realized it's bonus is PvP only, I went back to my hatred to all PvP.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make it deal half or whatever of it's damage to NPC.
    When I saw this set bonus first time, I wanted to go in cyrodiil and PvP to gain it. When I realized it's bonus is PvP only, I went back to my hatred to all PvP.

Again that would still be stupidly broken.

It's a set that is not needed in pve.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't we just do the bounty's and quests there... and never truly pvp?
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    i was quite shocked. now that we have these dungeon I and II the undaunted goes to lv 9 in one day, oh man the days when you needed multiple days atleast.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I get your frustration, but likewise, I also want some undaunted skills, without having to go PvE. I think this will take longer than levelling Alliance war skill lines, but not sure though.
    Same for mages guild and fighters guild. I can get that the mages guild doesn't want someone to get to Rank 10 because he's being a braindead killing machine, as well as the fighters guild having to promote a weakling for reading books.

In real life, same thing applies: if you don't know how to add/subtract/multiply/divide in math, you'll never be able to solve math equations. You can't just ask your teacher (or some overworldly power) to make it so, that by getting better at History, you get better in Math, and that after a very long time of studying History, you'll be solving the hardest math equations in seconds.

Honestly, just go through that hell if you really need a skill. People looking for specific items to finish their set also need to sacrifice alot of time or gold. If you really want something, you'll have to work for it.
    Besides, which skill is it that you want?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    i was quite shocked. now that we have these dungeon I and II the undaunted goes to lv 9 in one day, oh man the days when you needed multiple days atleast.

It does? How? I've been at it for months.. hating every minute too.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Perhaps adding these skills into the fighters guild? You know you have to earn these skills from doing regular dailies from the fighters guild. I'm just now getting into stamina builds, and most of the builds that I've taken an interests of requires some of the skills from the Alliance war.

I have zero interests in doing pvp but I need some of the abilities from the Alliance war. Why not give us an opinion of earning them from the fighters guild through the dailies?

It's called "Alliance War" skills for a reason. They are obtained by participating in the alliance war.

And even as a strictly PvE'ers you can help us in the war.
    - Capture resources --> you have to kill 5-6 NPC''s
    - Scout castles/resources --> you don't have to kill anything, just go there and press "e" to write some notes
    - Heal --> stand on a wall that is under attack. Stay out of sight of enemies and spam mutagen =free AP
    - Go to a castle that is defending. Stay there and leech the tick of AP
    - Check zone chat and wait for someone to say: KFC at keep X. Go to keep X and leech AP
    - Wait for someone to steal a scroll. Then join a group who has a quest for that scroll. Take quest, leave group = free AP is scroll is delivered.

Or just maybe try PvP. You might even like it.

You see here... I as a PVer don't give a skeever damn about the current war in Cyrodiil. I don't just PVE but also do a self RP. My toons simply don't give a damn what 3 idiotic factions do.... In fact my toons prefer that all 3 factions go dig a deep hole somewhere in Cyrodiil, and let them all kill each other until theirs non left. All 3 leaders from each factions are nothing but clowns :grin:

Zos would have to bend over backwards by giving us playable Daedra race (To fight for Molag bal) to actually convince me to step foot inside Cyrodiil...

Well, that means no Vigor for you then. Don't worry. My new alt will spam it for the glory of the Daggerfall Covenant.

You stole @alucardo s signature. I thought you were him at firsz
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me . I'm a PvP player and I don't think anyone should be forced in there to get anything except emperorship . Also I'd like a trial gear to drop in Cyrodiil so I don't need to PVE .

and move the undaunted passives or at least lower the XP to get them like they have done for the War skill lines several times already. How about Meteor too, since we are talking about things we want and do not want to work for?

But seriously, buy some repair kits and stand in a keep for a couple hours. It is easy. And they make it easier for you all the time with constant reductions in AP needed and increases to AP gained. When have they ever reduced the grind for Undaunted? I unlocked Vigor on my newest character (a tank) in 5 hours without ever attacking anyone. How much easier can it get?
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The easiest and more balanced solution is actually to separate gear and the alliance war skill lines from PvE altogether, that is, PvE gear is not usable in PvP (and vice-versa), while the PvP skill lines are not usable in PvE either.

What you earn in PvE stays in PvE what you earn in PvP stays in PvP.
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    The easiest and more balanced solution is actually to separate gear and the alliance war skill lines from PvE altogether, that is, PvE gear is not usable in PvP (and vice-versa), while the PvP skill lines are not usable in PvE either.

Let me just add to the above: "PvE gear is not usable in PvP (and vice-versa), except for PvE crafted gear".
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »

Sorry, but complete separation of the gear would be bad.
    If one would play both aspects of the game, just imagine the shear space needed to save all of PvP and PvE gear in case of separation. It would be better to tweak stuff so they work in one way against players, and other when enemy is mob or NPC.

In case of dreaded Viper set that would be like this:
    • when you attack enemy from melee range ( up to 5m ) you deal 7k poison damage. This has cooldown of 4 seconds.
    • If the target is another player, you deal 7k poison damage over 4 seconds. This has cooldown of 4 seconds.

Even if only done like this, the difference between purgeable DoT and instant damage would be huge in PvP. Also, even if unpurged, this set would be just another variant of sheer venom that has 6 sec cooldown of DoT poison damaga dealt on execute skills. And you don't see many players *****ing about that one, do you?
    PvE aspect would be unchanged, and it would still be a solid PvP solution, but not OP as it is now.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    William_21 wrote: »
    This might be helpful to you or might not.

But farming AP is not that bad and it doesn't take that long to, say, unlock caltrops.

Defending/assaulting keeps gives you a nice amount of AP. You don't have to exactly go toe-to-toe with other players.

With the current Pvpers complaining about killer clothes killing them through proc sets..... mmm nope. I'm not stepping foot into Cyrodiil.

I'm 100% pure PVER :)

I would like to earn the same skills from a different and more comfortable approach that is in PvE Territory.

You do know you can AFK inside a keep and still earn AP, right?! So basically pretend you're playing BDO and doing AFK fishing.. but in this case you're AFK PvP'ing :P
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Sorry, but complete separation of the gear would be bad.
    If one would play both aspects of the game, just imagine the shear space needed to save all of PvP and PvE gear in case of separation. It would be better to tweak stuff so they work in one way against players, and other when enemy is mob or NPC.

In case of dreaded Viper set that would be like this:
    • when you attack enemy from melee range ( up to 5m ) you deal 7k poison damage. This has cooldown of 4 seconds.
    • If the target is another player, you deal 7k poison damage over 4 seconds. This has cooldown of 4 seconds.

Even if only done like this, the difference between purgeable DoT and instant damage would be huge in PvP. Also, even if unpurged, this set would be just another variant of sheer venom that has 6 sec cooldown of DoT poison damaga dealt on execute skills. And you don't see many players *****ing about that one, do you?
    PvE aspect would be unchanged, and it would still be a solid PvP solution, but not OP as it is now.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Well, my idea would be that there would be a storage space in the base at Cyrodiil that would take the PvP-only sets. The normal bank/storage, etc would handle the rest.

Although I understand your reasoning behind different effects for players and NPC's, I am still not really convinced that the gears should cross over, except for crafted gear sets.

NOTE: Crafting Stations of all the existing crafted sets would be available in locations in Cyrodiil too.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me . I'm a PvP player and I don't think anyone should be forced in there to get anything except emperorship . Also I'd like a trial gear to drop in Cyrodiil so I don't need to PVE .

Trial gear?

Any gear. Just think of dungeonset weapons. Brrrrr.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's ZOS's idea to make (force) a player to do a bit of everything... some things you think you hate/don't like, might actually be enjoyable... worst case, you spend 2 days doing something that's less than enjoyable (in case of getting Vigor). I'm sure there are more things you've done in the game that you don't really like doing.

PvP players have the same "issue"... the undaunted passive (mettle) is quite useful, but takes running dungeons every day for 2 weeks on end.. so just think about that, you could have it worse.. you could be forced to play PvP for 2 weeks instead of 2 days :smile:

Though I'm not sure that my pain will make your pain less severe.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather earn mine in a PvE version of Cyrodil.

I don't think it's right to give this type of stuff without doing the specific content that unlocks it.

I don't think that's asking for too much either as a few campaigns are really almost a PvE version so ZOS should just adjust it as such
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 22, 2016 11:59AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had zero interest in PvP, but wanted vigor so bad. Eventually I caved in, strapped on some inpen and dived in.

You know what? It's fun! Plus, as others said, the feeling of achievement when I unlocked vigor, then caltrops, was pretty nice.

Also its nice walking around with the corporal title even though I'm terrible at PvP.

Alternatively, pvpers, go ahead and do trials and dungeons, you might actually enjoy them!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps adding these skills into the fighters guild? You know you have to earn these skills from doing regular dailies from the fighters guild. I'm just now getting into stamina builds, and most of the builds that I've taken an interests of requires some of the skills from the Alliance war.

I have zero interests in doing pvp but I need some of the abilities from the Alliance war. Why not give us an opinion of earning them from the fighters guild through the dailies?

The fact other than 3 or 4 skills from the FG and MG are all useless, I'm all for anything that makes those skill lines worthwhile.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screw all you guys! I should be able to rp my way to vigor and undaunted! So get off my lawn!!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think everyone has to occasionally do things that they don't enjoy in the game from time to time, whether that be spending all day doing dolmens and world bosses to get a set they need, helping a friend farm a dungeon over and over again for a monster hat (or a burning spellweave staff :lol: ) grinding up another character when you have already done the story a million times, or partaking in a bit of pvp, even if you don't enjoy it, to get a skill you want.

Everyone has to do things that they don't find necessarily fun and put a bit of tedious work in to get what they want at the moment, and I don't see how levelling alliance war is any different...
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on December 22, 2016 12:41PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

It's called "Alliance War" skills for a reason. They are obtained by participating in the alliance war.

And even as a strictly PvE'ers you can help us in the war.
    - Capture resources --> you have to kill 5-6 NPC''s
    - Scout castles/resources --> you don't have to kill anything, just go there and press "e" to write some notes
    - Heal --> stand on a wall that is under attack. Stay out of sight of enemies and spam mutagen =free AP
    - Go to a castle that is defending. Stay there and leech the tick of AP
    - Check zone chat and wait for someone to say: KFC at keep X. Go to keep X and leech AP
    - Wait for someone to steal a scroll. Then join a group who has a quest for that scroll. Take quest, leave group = free AP is scroll is delivered.

Or just maybe try PvP. You might even like it.

You see here... I as a PVer don't give a skeever damn about the current war in Cyrodiil. I don't just PVE but also do a self RP. My toons simply don't give a damn what 3 idiotic factions do.... In fact my toons prefer that all 3 factions go dig a deep hole somewhere in Cyrodiil, and let them all kill each other until theirs non left. All 3 leaders from each factions are nothing but clowns :grin:

Zos would have to bend over backwards by giving us playable Daedra race (To fight for Molag bal) to actually convince me to step foot inside Cyrodiil...

Well, that means no Vigor for you then. Don't worry. My new alt will spam it for the glory of the Daggerfall Covenant.

You stole @alucardo s signature. I thought you were him at firsz

Not stealing, but copying. And I added hands to it. He copied that from me.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I think everyone has to occasionally do things that they don't enjoy in the game from time to time, whether that be spending all day doing dolmens and world bosses to get a set they need, helping a friend farm a dungeon over and over again for a monster hat (or a burning spellweave staff :lol: ) grinding up another character when you have already done the story a million times, or partaking in a bit of pvp, even if you don't enjoy it, to get a skill you want.

Everyone has to do things that they don't find necessarily fun and put a bit of tedious work in to get what they want at the moment, and I don't see how levelling alliance war is any different...

Hey @SadieJoan ! :wink:
    How are you doing?

Anyway, if playing the game isn't about having fun and involves mandatory tediousness, then there is something that can be corrected in the design, I think. Not all people like the same in a wide scope game as ESO, that's why choice should be there.

I have PvP'd a lot in the first stages of the game and now I find it boring and certainly not fun anymore. It doesn't mean I won't help a mate in need once in a while, but I would never dream of forcing a friend to go through something he found boring in the game.

With the options in place (a PvE Alliance War campaign) and a separation of PvP and PvE gear and Alliance Skills, you could provide a wider range of choice for people to get what they liked the most without tediousness.

What I have been observing in the forums is that people who prefer PvP have a hard time figuring out why the PvP population diminished (and is probably diminishing still) and try to compensate for that by defending mandatory PvP for those who don't care or don't enjoy it. I am all for a non PvE option for those who couldn't care less for trials or dungeons or PvE quests :smiley:
    Edited by Zyrudin on December 22, 2016 1:12PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no alliance war skill that you "need" to have for pve. Some skills that are nice to have, sure.
    It's so ridiculously easy to get to level 6 assault, I'm not sure why this discussion is even necessary.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.