Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[FAQs] New Life Event

117Dios
117Dios
✭✭✭
Since there are lots and lots of questions, mostly always the same, I've decided to answer them all in this thread, hoping it gets stickied.

Q. How do I get the event quest?
A. In the Crown Store, there will be, in the "Featured" section, the "New Life Festival Scroll". Just buy it, it's free. After you did it, search for it in your inventory and use it.

- You don't have to go to the crown store to collect the quest. I actually walked straight up to Breda when she first spawned on the server. I later then got the item from the crownstore, and now it is stuck in my inventory. So be wary of this! (Thanks Glaiceana)

Q. WHERE IS BREDA?!
A. Eastmarch, north Kynesgrove Shrine. From Windhelm, go across the bridge and always forward, you can't miss all the players gathering around there.

Q. Where is the double-exp drink?
When facing Breda, on your left.
11bu89h.png

Q. I failed an achievement :( What now?
A. Don't worry, those are daily quests, you got 3 more weeks to try it.

Q. How do I fish?
A. In Shadowfen (EP), in the southmost part of the map, there will be two highlighted zones, there, you will find special fishing ponds that can be used with ANY bait. If you need baits, there will be an NPC in Hissmir that sells them.
Suggestion: try to fish in freshly-spawned ponds, so you have a chance to catch something before it despawns from the sheer amount of players.

Q. How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
A. When you get in the right places, there will be a prompt telling you to press E to perform. You don't actually need to be in group to get the Duo achievement (bug?). You can't use your performance kit while another player is using it, so just spam E hoping to get it off before someone else.

Q. Where is Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?
A.
First of all, the three leaders are NOT required to complete the quest, so go ahead and spray whoever you want.
Be wary that mudding the chiefs will give you a small bounty.
- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance.
- Emeric is at his castle in Wayrest, Stormhaven. It's the building near the Wayshrine. You really can't miss it.
- Jorunn is in a small house near the Windhelm enchanter. From the Windhelm Wayshrine, just go a bit North-East. It is on the left of the enchanter.

To spray the leaders, you have to equip the mudball that you drop from the quest reward boxes. Open inventory, press Q, search for them in "Slottable Items", put the mudballs in one of the slots then use it.

Q. Where is Bergama?
A. Alik'r Desert, southmost city of the region.

Q. How do I finish the race? I'm too slow.
A. Spam the lightning dash (for Sorcerers). NBs have insane speed so you're good. Don't know for DKs and Templars, but, as the quest-giver says, a friend can help you to ignite the fires, and you can also use Rapid Manouver or the other variants of the Assault skill to go faster. Also drink stamina pots to run for longer.

Q. Where is the Temple of the Eight Divines?
A. Grahtwood, southernmost region of Tamriel. From Elden Root (center of the region), go north. If you follow the road, you will immediatly encounter a crossroads. You will know it is the one I'm talking about if there is a Wayshrine near, on the right. At the crossroads, go left and always forward. You will know when you'll arrive.

Q. Where is Bethnik?
A. See Glenumbra, westernmost region of Tamriel? Well, just a bit lower than that there is Bethnik. There you go.

Q. Where do I get meat and honey for Bethnik?
A. Just go around and kill everything you find. Wolves for meat, Wasps for honey.

Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.

Q. Where do I finde Bethnik Twice-Spiked Ale?
A. It's a craftable drink that drops from the box given to you as quest reward. Either craft it or let someone else craft it for you.

What are the rewards? What do the Sailor's Grog and High Hrothgar Mint do?
A.
- I will keep this updated, but so far I found a Provisioning or an Enchanting material, One-use-only Juggling Knives, Swallowing Sword or Mud Balls, in pack of 10s, a Wolfsbane Incense and either a Recipe or Skinchanger motif.
- Try it for yourselves!

I will update it when other questions will be found and if I get anything interesting
Edited by 117Dios on December 15, 2016 8:28PM
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Would really appreciate it if this wouldn't get lost amidst the endless whine threads. If you have any questions, ask them and I'll try to answer them.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to add this!!!!
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭

I would add that you need to use the mudballs you get as a reward from the boxes, since I actually got to Ayrenn and had no clue how to throw her a mudball after the quest was completed xD
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the drink for the Betnik quest? Is that a normal crafted drink or something I get elsewhere?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »

I would add that you need to use the mudballs you get as a reward from the boxes, since I actually got to Ayrenn and had no clue how to throw her a mudball after the quest was completed xD

Damn, missed it. Thanks for the heads-up.
    xaraan wrote: »
    What about the drink for the Betnik quest? Is that a normal crafted drink or something I get elsewhere?

Still didn't get there, sorry. I'll try to catch it when I do it.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's crafted from one of the new life recipes. A very nice player was giving the drinks out for free in Betnikh.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dropping shards and other aoe on the trial of five clawed chests can distract from the 35 secs requirement to open all 3 chests for the achievement five clawed cat burglar required for the glory of magnus achievement.
    Seems you only get one shot at it. smh
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe could add a list of rewards?
    PS4 EU
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dropping shards and other aoe on the trial of five clawed chests can distract from the 35 secs requirement to open all 3 chests for the achievement five clawed cat burglar required for the glory of magnus achievement.

One shot a day per character. The quests are daily.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • penek
    penek
    i dont see where that promised item or what else for double exp
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    penek wrote: »
    i dont see where that promised item or what else for double exp

There is a keg right next to the npc that gives out the quests, under the tent. It might be hard to see with the sheer amount of people standing around.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭

Distract in what means? Synergies are activated with X while chests are used with E. Is it something else?
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »

It's crafted from one of the new life recipes. A very nice player was giving the drinks out for free in Betnikh.

cool, thanks!
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump to keep this from being lost in the forum abyss
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »

Distract in what means? Synergies are activated with X while chests are used with E. Is it something else?

My fault I can't concentrate with all the aoe effects and people jumping up and down on the chests as I try to pick.
    Also with the lag it takes about 2 secs extra per chest to retrieve the contents. 35 secs to do all 3 is kind of short.
    DId it fast enough to pass the quest just not the achievement.
    No biggie I will try again now that it has been pointed out that the quests are daily.
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    My fault I can't concentrate with all the aoe effects and people jumping up and down on the chests as I try to pick.
    Also with the lag it takes about 2 secs extra per chest to retrieve the contents. 35 secs to do all 3 is kind of short.
    DId it fast enough to pass the quest just not the achievement.
    No biggie I will try again now that it has been pointed out that the quests are daily.

Ah, I see. Sorry but can't really write advices about that. Good luck with your trials!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great idea!
    Additional info:
    In regards to the first question: How do I get the event quest?
    You don't have to go to the crown store to collect the quest. I actually walked straight up to Breda when she first spawned on the server. I later then got the item from the crownstore, and now it is stuck in my inventory. So be wary of this!

To this question: How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    I found that if you are moving forwards when you press E to use the item, it will work. So if it begins to say item not ready, just try walking forwards and pressing it. Also someone suggested that sneaking will make it work too, but I cannot confirm this.

And one more piece of info for a new question:
    Where do I find (insert creature name here) to kill?
    You will see crowds of people at the creatures' spawn points. Its easier to run off and see if you can find a dead one of the enemies, and wait for it to respawn. If not, wait with everyone else, but things will die super quick, be warned.

Hope that helps :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    This is a great idea!
    Additional info:
    In regards to the first question: How do I get the event quest?
    You don't have to go to the crown store to collect the quest. I actually walked straight up to Breda when she first spawned on the server. I later then got the item from the crownstore, and now it is stuck in my inventory. So be wary of this!

To this question: How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    I found that if you are moving forwards when you press E to use the item, it will work. So if it begins to say item not ready, just try walking forwards and pressing it. Also someone suggested that sneaking will make it work too, but I cannot confirm this.

And one more piece of info for a new question:
    Where do I find (insert creature name here) to kill?
    You will see crowds of people at the creatures' spawn points. Its easier to run off and see if you can find a dead one of the enemies, and wait for it to respawn. If not, wait with everyone else, but things will die super quick, be warned.

Hope that helps :)

Appreciate it man. Just a small thing: on the performance, if you use the item while moving or sneaking you just get the prompt for the achievement, the actual quest won't progress, that's why I didn't include it. For the rest, thanks a lot!
  • penek
    penek
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found Ayrenn at Tanzelwil

I haven't done DC/EP quests so how do I get into the house for Jorunn
    Edited by JamieAubrey on December 15, 2016 8:03PM
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

NBs have godlike speed, Sorcs have the lighting dash, DKs I have no idea, but you can ask a friend to help, the quest says that too.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about rapid manuever or stamina potions?
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for this OP.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone happen to have pics yet of the cosmetics? :)

Been poking around and haven't been able to find any.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭

Rapid maneuver (PVP skill but easy to unlock). You don't even have to have it, just group up with someone who does and you'll get the bonus too. Actually, you can also group up with several people and it also counts torwards the achievement!
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Was not aware of how mudbal and stone belch achievement worked
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    Last update for now, I'll see if I can slip one in later, otherwise it'll be tomorrow. Have drunken fun guys!
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
    A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.

For me it wouldn't come up with the prompt again after the first time. Finally figured out you can also find the Soiled Napkin in your quest items and use it from there
    PS4 EU
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really nice faq, thanks OP! :)
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    This is great! I want to shamelessly bump this so it isn't lost.