Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[FAQs] New Life Event

• skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    Q. How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    You can't use your performance kit while another player is using it, so just spam E hoping to get it off before someone else.
    I'm tired of this zenisuks ***, doing it on 5th char it was bugged but now those synergiesrs just DONT work for me. And at the same time see many ppl using it toghether without any problems, and dont even enter at the blue quest circle in taverns and i cant use it even if noone in the room. So really fukin *** from incompetent zenisucks
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    What about the drink for the Betnik quest? Is that a normal crafted drink or something I get elsewhere?

Actually, there's a keg near the Matron that you can use to complete the quest.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    Q. Where is Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?

I would add that you need to use the mudballs you get as a reward from the boxes, since I actually got to Ayrenn and had no clue how to throw her a mudball after the quest was completed xD

At 7/10, I went to find Vulkhel Guard and I had the option to throw the mudball. I didn't throw it though. I saw the note about the bounty and wanted to deal with any stolen loot in my inventory just in case.
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the drink for the Betnik quest? Is that a normal crafted drink or something I get elsewhere?

It completes the quest but it doesn't seem to complete the achievement
    PS4 EU
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: You can hit the Leaders while doing the mudball quest but hitting them does not complete the quest.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1, great FAQ.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are a level 50 bow user, you can roll dodge also to get speed boost
  • MasterLenman
    MasterLenman
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the mudball achievement: it should be mentioned that it's a crime to throw mudballs at kings and queens. Make sure to sell all stolen items before doing this.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: You can hit the Leaders while doing the mudball quest but hitting them does not complete the quest.

Hitting Ayrenn in the face with a mudball made my day! I have never laughed that hard while fleeing from the guards. My DK was a law abiding citizen up until that moment but it was so worth it!
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

Yeah cant get the achievement either. I have the recipe for the drink, crafted them, drank 2, still haven't got the achievement. Will try again tomorrow when the quest is actually active (had already completed it by the time I was trying to use the drink), and drink the last 2 then.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Decado
    Decado
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really nice mate, glad somebody thought of this I've seen these questions asked in guild chats all evening so hopefully this will help the less informed or the people who don't have guilds yet, oh and another bump lol
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Yeah cant get the achievement either. I have the recipe for the drink, crafted them, drank 2, still haven't got the achievement. Will try again tomorrow when the quest is actually active (had already completed it by the time I was trying to use the drink), and drink the last 2 then.

It read to me as if you need the quest active; says about being after you've collected everything or something like that. I didn't get the recipe til after I'd done that one so I'm planning on trying again and having the drink between the foods you try
    PS4 EU
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, why does the xp buff drop if you die?

XBox NA
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a bug they're apparently looking in to
    PS4 EU
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »
    Q. Where is Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?

I would add that you need to use the mudballs you get as a reward from the boxes, since I actually got to Ayrenn and had no clue how to throw her a mudball after the quest was completed xD

Can also just go there before completing quest, that's what I did.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.
    Edited by ol_BANK_lo on December 16, 2016 12:44AM
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a bug they're apparently looking in to

Cool. So that should be "fixed" after a 5 hr maintenance 2 days before the event ends.

XBox NA
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Q. How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    You can't use your performance kit while another player is using it, so just spam E hoping to get it off before someone else.
    I'm tired of this zenisuks ***, doing it on 5th char it was bugged but now those synergiesrs just DONT work for me. And at the same time see many ppl using it toghether without any problems, and dont even enter at the blue quest circle in taverns and i cant use it even if noone in the room. So really fukin *** from incompetent zenisucks

One of my characters was bugged with those performance/dance items (neither worked), my other characters were fine.

Q) Why can't I use the Performance Kit or Dazzling Pin yet everyone else can?

A) Because ZOS.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone answered something like this yet, but if the quests are "daily," does that mean I can do all 9 of them every day and get 9 reward presents every day? I really wanted one of the cosmetic rewards but was unlucky.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone answered something like this yet, but if the quests are "daily," does that mean I can do all 9 of them every day and get 9 reward presents every day? I really wanted one of the cosmetic rewards but was unlucky.

Yes, they are daily and also per character.

So, someone with a considerable amount of free time could do the 9 quests, 12 times a day, every day until the festival ends.
    The festival is running up until January 4th, right? Assuming you are not able to do it on January 4th because it ends too early in the day, that's still 20 days of festival, and a total of... 2.160 boxes (plus as many boxes as you can get on the 4th before the event is turned off). That's the max boxes an account can get during the festival in the same server.
    If you only have one character but still do all the nine quests every day, you will have 180 boxes when the festival ends. I mean, I don't know your daily schedule, but you will have plenty of chances of getting the cosmetic reward you want. And even if you are unable to, they are tradable! You can buy them from other players!
    Edited by Abeille on December 16, 2016 1:48AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Betnick quest you have to eat the stuff on the tables around you after you bring the meat and honey.i also heard that if you are in the first person view, the keg of betnick twice spiced ale to the right of the quest giver will work fine for the achievement too (just a rumour, the actual keg has Betnick Spiked Ale, not the twice spiked one!!)
    Edited by LMar on December 17, 2016 12:43PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Yes, they are daily and also per character.

So, someone with a considerable amount of free time could do the 9 quests, 12 times a day, every day until the festival ends.
    The festival is running up until January 4th, right? Assuming you are not able to do it on January 4th because it ends too early in the day, that's still 20 days of festival, and a total of... 2.160 boxes (plus as many boxes as you can get on the 4th before the event is turned off). That's the max boxes an account can get during the festival in the same server.
    If you only have one character but still do all the nine quests every day, you will have 180 boxes when the festival ends. I mean, I don't know your daily schedule, but you will have plenty of chances of getting the cosmetic reward you want. And even if you are unable to, they are tradable! You can buy them from other players!

wow dang thanks for doing all the math for me! that's relieving, I can probably get the item I want them
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    For the Betnick quest you have to eat the stuff on the tables around you after you bring the meat and honey.i also heard that if you re in the first person view, the keg of betnick twice spiced ale to the right of the quest giver will work fine for the achievement too

Oh does it? I did it after drinking that crafted drink, I didn't know it worked without it since I was unable to get it on the PTS. A very nice and handsome naked Altmer gave me one.
    Disclaimer: I am not encouraging anyone to accept drinks from unknown naked mer. Even if they are handsome.
    Edited by Abeille on December 16, 2016 2:13AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had someone make me some twice-spiked ale and I consumed it but did not get credit. Do you have to be in Betnikh? I drank mine with Brenda.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had someone make me some twice-spiked ale and I consumed it but did not get credit. Do you have to be in Betnikh? I drank mine with Brenda.

I was in Betnikh. I drank it, then I ate everything on the tables and then I belched on people. Got the achievement.

Meet my characters:

• ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.

Okay, I think I have finally figured out that the Queen is somewhere else in AD. ZOS, did you take into account people who had started but not finished the quests??? These are supposed to be easy, fun quests, but I am pulling my hair out trying to track down the queen. I don't have the desire or time to complete all of the AD quest lines to figure out where she is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it might depend on how far your character has progressed in the core quests for the dominion.

look at the quests for that alliance and see what's up next, it's likely she'll be at that location.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    penek wrote: »
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

How about rapid manuever or stamina potions?

With that it took less than 30 seconds to complete. Remember time starts only when you light the first fire. Locate all 4 braziers and find a good running route before starting.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dropping shards and other aoe on the trial of five clawed chests can distract from the 35 secs requirement to open all 3 chests for the achievement five clawed cat burglar required for the glory of magnus achievement.
    Seems you only get one shot at it. smh

Distract in what means? Synergies are activated with X while chests are used with E. Is it something else?

My fault I can't concentrate with all the aoe effects and people jumping up and down on the chests as I try to pick.
    Also with the lag it takes about 2 secs extra per chest to retrieve the contents. 35 secs to do all 3 is kind of short.
    DId it fast enough to pass the quest just not the achievement.
    No biggie I will try again now that it has been pointed out that the quests are daily.

Really easy with Legerdemain lock-picking passive. Just force them and move on to the next. If you get unlucky and break 1 or 2 picks it's still get you under the timeline.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not being able to get the E option to show my appreciation to another player.. so annoying. :( I've been up close.. sort of far... this is maddening.

Ok.. I asked in zone chat and apparently you need to use the soiled napkin in your inventory under quest items (for anyone else stuck on this part). :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on December 16, 2016 3:39AM