The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[FAQs] New Life Event

• elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    penek wrote: »
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

For my Templar I did. Stam regen drink, Rapids, warhorn, rougish escape drought then picked up torch I did it in stealth with stage 4 vamp shadow dancer and she overtook stam builds lol. Crazy fast with huge resourse pool.

I established it was over kill, and on My magblade I used stam drink, Rapids escape drought.and got it too.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but you can pass the fish for the shadowfen part between alts.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.

it might depend on how far your character has progressed in the core quests for the dominion.

look at the quests for that alliance and see what's up next, it's likely she'll be at that location.

I did one quest that had her in the description, but that didn't work - I didn't actually see her. Then I lost her again. This is crazy. I shouldn't have to finish all of AD to do a 5 point achievement. It's also my main character, which means it's the one I want to do the achievements on. Annoyed.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the performance kit thing, move to an area where people are not congregated, seems that maybe it's a space/collision thing.

Once I moved off to the side, out of the crowd, it took.

I've run through the whole thing on one character, gotten burned out of at least two achieves, and so far it mostly makes me want to bounce Breda's head off the table more than anything else.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q. New Lifelagfestival ping too high?! How do I fix that!!!??
    A. Alt + f4
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q. Where is Bethnik?

Good LORD so many people were asking for rides to Betnikh when I was over in Daggerfall yesterday. I mean c'mon guys it's one of the starter zones, not to mention there's a Boatswain that can take you there.

I REALLY HATE the fact that the term "L2P" crossed my mind a few times...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JSilva88
    JSilva88
    Soul Shriven
    @BANK_IT_HERE
    If you've only done one quest for AD then she might still be INSIDE the manor at Vulkhel Guard near the wayshrine; that's where I found the Queen.
    Edited by JSilva88 on December 16, 2016 5:37PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.
    it might depend on how far your character has progressed in the core quests for the dominion.

look at the quests for that alliance and see what's up next, it's likely she'll be at that location.
    I did one quest that had her in the description, but that didn't work - I didn't actually see her. Then I lost her again. This is crazy. I shouldn't have to finish all of AD to do a 5 point achievement. It's also my main character, which means it's the one I want to do the achievements on. Annoyed.
    @BANK_IT_HERE What's your current AD story quest? From that, I may be able to help you find Ayrenn.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • BlackPhillip
    BlackPhillip
    ✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    Since there are lots and lots of questions, mostly always the same, I've decided to answer them all in this thread, hoping it gets stickied.

Q. How do I get the event quest?
    A. In the Crown Store, there will be, in the "Featured" section, the "New Life Festival Scroll". Just buy it, it's free. After you did it, search for it in your inventory and use it.

- You don't have to go to the crown store to collect the quest. I actually walked straight up to Breda when she first spawned on the server. I later then got the item from the crownstore, and now it is stuck in my inventory. So be wary of this! (Thanks Glaiceana)

Q. WHERE IS BREDA?!
    A. Eastmarch, north Kynesgrove Shrine. From Windhelm, go across the bridge and always forward, you can't miss all the players gathering around there.

Q. Where is the double-exp drink?
    When facing Breda, on your left.
    11bu89h.png

Q. I failed an achievement :( What now?
    A. Don't worry, those are daily quests, you got 3 more weeks to try it.

Q. How do I fish?
    A. In Shadowfen (EP), in the southmost part of the map, there will be two highlighted zones, there, you will find special fishing ponds that can be used with ANY bait. If you need baits, there will be an NPC in Hissmir that sells them.
    Suggestion: try to fish in freshly-spawned ponds, so you have a chance to catch something before it despawns from the sheer amount of players.

Q. How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    A. When you get in the right places, there will be a prompt telling you to press E to perform. You don't actually need to be in group to get the Duo achievement (bug?). You can't use your performance kit while another player is using it, so just spam E hoping to get it off before someone else.

Q. Where is Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?
    A.
    First of all, the three leaders are NOT required to complete the quest, so go ahead and spray whoever you want.
    Be wary that mudding the chiefs will give you a small bounty.
    - Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance.
    - Emeric is at his castle in Wayrest, Stormhaven. It's the building near the Wayshrine. You really can't miss it.
    - Jorunn is in a small house near the Windhelm enchanter. From the Windhelm Wayshrine, just go a bit North-East. It is on the left of the enchanter.

To spray the leaders, you have to equip the mudball that you drop from the quest reward boxes. Open inventory, press Q, search for them in "Slottable Items", put the mudballs in one of the slots then use it.

Q. Where is Bergama?
    A. Alik'r Desert, southmost city of the region.

Q. How do I finish the race? I'm too slow.
    A. Spam the lightning dash (for Sorcerers). NBs have insane speed so you're good. Don't know for DKs and Templars, but, as the quest-giver says, a friend can help you to ignite the fires, and you can also use Rapid Manouver or the other variants of the Assault skill to go faster. Also drink stamina pots to run for longer.

Q. Where is the Temple of the Eight Divines?
    A. Grahtwood, southernmost region of Tamriel. From Elden Root (center of the region), go north. If you follow the road, you will immediatly encounter a crossroads. You will know it is the one I'm talking about if there is a Wayshrine near, on the right. At the crossroads, go left and always forward. You will know when you'll arrive.

Q. Where is Bethnik?
    A. See Glenumbra, westernmost region of Tamriel? Well, just a bit lower than that there is Bethnik. There you go.

Q. Where do I get meat and honey for Bethnik?
    A. Just go around and kill everything you find. Wolves for meat, Wasps for honey.

Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
    A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.

Q. Where do I finde Bethnik Twice-Spiked Ale?
    A. It's a craftable drink that drops from the box given to you as quest reward. Either craft it or let someone else craft it for you.

What are the rewards? What do the Sailor's Grog and High Hrothgar Mint do?
    A.
    - I will keep this updated, but so far I found a Provisioning or an Enchanting material, One-use-only Juggling Knives, Swallowing Sword or Mud Balls, in pack of 10s, a Wolfsbane Incense and either a Recipe or Skinchanger motif.
    - Try it for yourselves!

I will update it when other questions will be found and if I get anything interesting

tgOLsU2.gif

You Sir, iz da man
    Edited by BlackPhillip on December 16, 2016 5:51PM
    ASSASMITE COVEN
    FRIENDLY DUNGEOUN RUNNERS
    ANGRY UNICORN TRADERS

Blackphillip Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Blackphillip Da Goat Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, good info. You're a good citizen for putting this out. Now, just if people will actually come here and see this. You'll be surprised how many players don't use this forum, and same questions will still be asked continuously in the game. Kudos to you, though, for this.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I think I have finally figured out that the Queen is somewhere else in AD. ZOS, did you take into account people who had started but not finished the quests??? These are supposed to be easy, fun quests, but I am pulling my hair out trying to track down the queen. I don't have the desire or time to complete all of the AD quest lines to figure out where she is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Okay, so I found her! And all thanks to a random YouTuber. She sent me to the Throne Room. The queen wasn't there, but I picked up a quest from the king on the throne, which contained the Queen in the description. I followed that through a series of quests, including Lost in Study, Hear of the Matter, Fit to Rule and The Orrery of Elden Root (which is where I accidentally found her). I went to trigger something as part of the quest, and accidentally threw a mud ball at the queen standing next to it (didn't see her at first). lol. Soooo frustrating to have to do all that for a 5 point achievement and eventually a cheesy title. Thanks, ZOS!
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please compile a list of all rewards/Rune boxes etc from the festival?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @117Dios not sure if its been covered elsewhere in the thread, but what exactly does the gold recipy do? i know its connected to fishing - but how?
    thanks in advance
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @117Dios

I found King Jorunn in the Rift under the EP tent near the Honrice Tower Wayshrine. I've done the entire EP quest line, so I'm not sure if this is his final or only resting place or not.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

@BANK_IT_HERE What's your current AD story quest? From that, I may be able to help you find Ayrenn.

Thanks, bud. I did series of quests starting from a king in the Throne Room (per suggestion from someone on YouTube), and finally stubbled into her.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got the special acheivements on the first run. Here's my steps:

Breton: there are a lot of players around, just hit the E to preform once it's available and you should get it.

Redguard: the race doesn't start until you light the first one. So identify their locations and plan a route. I'm a magicka Templar, used stamina food and one stam+speed potion. I started at the one by the sky shard first. Then ran to the one closest to the quest giver. Drank potion and sprinted across the bridge to the third. Had enough boost to make it to the fouth and earn the achievement.

Orc: Someone was nice enough to be handing out the twice spiked ale for free. I returned a 1000gold tip with my thanks. I'll also pay it forward when I get the recipe of my own. Went to the highlighted region, killed some wolves and a wasp for the ingredients. After returing them I drank the twice spiked ale right away. Was a little concerned when my character burped, thinking I had wasted my chance to "show appreciation." I then drank tge regular ale and ate the foods. I was a little up the ramp as the house-wife walked away when I was prompted to use the napkin, completed the step while facing away. Likewise I just stood among the players up top until I got the E prompt there.

Bosmer: Found AD Queen in ValkelGuard mansion, hit her and paid my bounty. Skuld King was in house near dye station, hit him an quickly turned out the door. Was able to sneak back to wayshrine. Went to Wayrest castle. Stood behind the gaurd off to the side of the queen. Hit the king, used an invisibility potion made it to the front door. I use a pardon, thieves guild dlc, to clear the bounty. When back to skywatch to finish the quest. I think royal guards are fair game but I hit the regular ones too just because. After you get 10 NPCs you can hit one of the ambassadors.

Altmer: got the full explanation from the quest giver at the temple. Opted to pay the gold. Then I went by one of the dead bodies below and killed at least 5 of the blood suckers spawning there for the other half of the achievement.

Khajiit: if you are comfortable picking locks, this one isn't that bad. I open the chests between 55 and 23 secs on the count down timer and got the achievement. I broke one pick and slipped off at least a couple tumblers in the process.

Dunmer: like the Breton one, there are other players there. Just hit E.

Argonian: the spot farthest from the wayshrine is less crowded. We are talking the difference between being among the first dozen to cast on a new hole vs sharing one hole with a couple others at most. Any bait works, I believe it's RNG. Keep going until you have five of each. You can trade or give away your extra.

Nord: you only need to be naked for one of the jumps. I took off my tabard and jewelry just to be safe. You jump from the high spot, and you can ride your mount off if you like. There's a nice cannonball animation to go with it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSilva88 wrote: »
    @BANK_IT_HERE
    If you've only done one quest for AD then she might still be INSIDE the manor at Vulkhel Guard near the wayshrine; that's where I found the Queen.

I had one a few random ones. I found her The Orrery after doing a series of quests starting from a king in the Throne Room (per suggestion of someone on YouTube). Still annoying. I spent hours tracking down the right quest line, and even had to abandon a quest when the final person wouldn't spawn in for me. All that for a 5 point achievement and a cheesy title. I don't think ZOS thought about people mid-quest - only non-starters or completionists. Thanks, though.
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    @117Dios not sure if its been covered elsewhere in the thread, but what exactly does the gold recipy do? i know its connected to fishing - but how?
    thanks in advance

@puffytheslayer Can't upload a screen now, but it basically gives magicka and stamina recovery. It also lets you know what manner of fish spawn in various ponds and alerts you for fish activity.
    @117Dios

I found King Jorunn in the Rift under the EP tent near the Honrice Tower Wayshrine. I've done the entire EP quest line, so I'm not sure if this is his final or only resting place or not.

@The_Outsider I think that it's because you already did quests in the EP. The location that I wrote is 100% sure.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    thanks in advance

@puffytheslayer Can't upload a screen now, but it basically gives magicka and stamina recovery. It also lets you know what manner of fish spawn in various ponds and alerts you for fish activity.
    @117Dios

@The_Outsider I think that it's because you already did quests in the EP. The location that I wrote is 100% sure.

yeah - i just dropped one and the alerts to fish acivity part... what the? am going to log on to my crafter in a moment learn it, make it & wind out whats happening - LOL
  • sagesourceb16_ESO
    sagesourceb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you have all four levels of the lockbreaking perk in Legerdemain, you can breeze through the lock-picking challenge. You don't strictly have to pick the lock; you have to get into the box.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noice! Thank you!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks in advance

It basically just gives mag and stam regen. In theory it also gives keen eye to fishing spots but it's so faint I was on my fourth one after taking it before I spotted any sort of effect. Other than that it brings up the type of fish in place of fishing spot when you point at it (the ones I tried all said River Fish) but most of the time that's obvious anyway, or will be after a cast or to. Might save you a little bit of bait in the long run but not really worth the other ingredients for such small effects
    PS4 EU
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Took me 15 mins of trying to show appreciation before I could, is it bugged?
    Edited by Metal10957 on December 17, 2016 4:31AM
    For the Horde!
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?
    Do the timed quests in a group. Put the slowest players closest to the quest turn-in. For the locked chest, put the most inexperience one on the simple chest.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks in advance

It gives a "Keen Eye" affect to fishing holes and tells you the water type when you target it. eg. Freshwater.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on December 17, 2016 5:01AM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to know what all the different gold rune boxes are. So far I've gotten a Filligree Hood and a Mud-Ball Throwing thing. Haven't opened them yet.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I get to Betnikh? may be more useful than Where is Betnikh?
    If you do not have the Stonetooth Wayshrine, or any other players to port to, the Boatswain Gilzir, next to the Daggerfall lighthouse in Daggerfall Harbor, will offer passage to Betnikh.
    It's doable without any skills or food if you plot a good route. Start at the northwest one, then do northeast and southwest, and end with the southeast one. Don't wait for the whole animation of lighting the fire to play through.
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Can someone please compile a list of all rewards/Rune boxes etc from the festival?
    @DPShiro Go here: New Life Gift Box. There may be a couple that we don't have yet, but most are there.
    Auricle wrote: »
    I'd love to know what all the different gold rune boxes are. So far I've gotten a Filligree Hood and a Mud-Ball Throwing thing. Haven't opened them yet.
    @Auricle Four that I know of so far:
    Colovian Filigreed Hood (Hat)
    Colovian Fur Hood (Hat)
    Mud Ball Pouch (Memento)
    Nordic Bather's Towel (Costume)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Are there pics of the runeboxe hats and costumes?
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know what exactly hissmir fish eye drink do? Does it increase chance of fishing a rare fish or simply highlighting fishing spots?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    thanks in advance

It basically just gives mag and stam regen. In theory it also gives keen eye to fishing spots but it's so faint I was on my fourth one after taking it before I spotted any sort of effect. Other than that it brings up the type of fish in place of fishing spot when you point at it (the ones I tried all said River Fish) but most of the time that's obvious anyway, or will be after a cast or to. Might save you a little bit of bait in the long run but not really worth the other ingredients for such small effects

oh... is that it?
    was kind of hoping it would help you catch 'master angler achievment' fish more inteligently :(
    Edited by bebynnag on December 17, 2016 1:35PM