The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[FAQs] New Life Event

• stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone ever thought about actually just trying to play the game and find out for yourself,
    as you might do in any other game?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rewards.... top tier i.e. rune boxes and gold recipe....

don't know if anyone else has noticed this..... run the event on three toons. first two got average stuff on first run. second run one of them got a rune box. third toon has the treasure hunter perk and got the gold recipe and two of the rune boxes on one run.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't know if anyone else has noticed this..... run the event on three toons. first two got average stuff on first run. second run one of them got a rune box. third toon has the treasure hunter perk and got the gold recipe and two of the rune boxes on one run.

i got 8 green recipies on my tank (they have the treasure hunter perk)
    and this happened on my healer (no treasure hunter perk)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    - Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance.

I haven't done any Auridon quests at all on one of my characters, and Ayrenn is neither in Skywatch nor in front of Vulkhel Guard Bank. I'm not sure where else to look for her.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    - Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance.

I haven't done any Auridon quests at all on one of my characters, and Ayrenn is neither in Skywatch nor in front of Vulkhel Guard Bank. I'm not sure where else to look for her.

Try her house, near to the wayshrine in Marbruk (Greenshade)

"Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

• AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks! Found her there and now she has mud on her face! ;)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i got 8 green recipies on my tank (they have the treasure hunter perk)
    and this happened on my healer (no treasure hunter perk)

yeah... tried a couple other toons..... looks like it is just rng.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this up. This thread is amazingly helpful, and would be a shame to drop too far down. This answers the questions I see asked in every New Life quest zone over and over again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Since there are lots and lots of questions, mostly always the same, I've decided to answer them all in this thread, hoping it gets stickied.

Q. How do I get the event quest?
    A. In the Crown Store, there will be, in the "Featured" section, the "New Life Festival Scroll". Just buy it, it's free. After you did it, search for it in your inventory and use it.

- You don't have to go to the crown store to collect the quest. I actually walked straight up to Breda when she first spawned on the server. I later then got the item from the crownstore, and now it is stuck in my inventory. So be wary of this! (Thanks Glaiceana)

Q. WHERE IS BREDA?!
    A. Eastmarch, north Kynesgrove Shrine. From Windhelm, go across the bridge and always forward, you can't miss all the players gathering around there.

Q. Where is the double-exp drink?
    When facing Breda, on your left.
    11bu89h.png

Q. I failed an achievement :( What now?
    A. Don't worry, those are daily quests, you got 3 more weeks to try it.

Q. How do I fish?
    A. In Shadowfen (EP), in the southmost part of the map, there will be two highlighted zones, there, you will find special fishing ponds that can be used with ANY bait. If you need baits, there will be an NPC in Hissmir that sells them.
    Suggestion: try to fish in freshly-spawned ponds, so you have a chance to catch something before it despawns from the sheer amount of players.

Q. How do I perform at the castle?!?!?
    A. When you get in the right places, there will be a prompt telling you to press E to perform. You don't actually need to be in group to get the Duo achievement (bug?). You can't use your performance kit while another player is using it, so just spam E hoping to get it off before someone else.

Q. Where is Jorunn/Emeric/Ayrenn?
    A.
    First of all, the three leaders are NOT required to complete the quest, so go ahead and spray whoever you want.
    Be wary that mudding the chiefs will give you a small bounty.
    - Emeric is at his castle in Wayrest, Stormhaven. It's the building near the Wayshrine. You really can't miss it.
    - Jorunn is in a small house near the Windhelm enchanter. From the Windhelm Wayshrine, just go a bit North-East. It is on the left of the enchanter.

To spray the leaders, you have to equip the mudball that you drop from the quest reward boxes. Open inventory, press Q, search for them in "Slottable Items", put the mudballs in one of the slots then use it.

Q. Where is Bergama?
    A. Alik'r Desert, southmost city of the region.

Q. How do I finish the race? I'm too slow.
    A. Spam the lightning dash (for Sorcerers). NBs have insane speed so you're good. Don't know for DKs and Templars, but, as the quest-giver says, a friend can help you to ignite the fires, and you can also use Rapid Manouver or the other variants of the Assault skill to go faster. Also drink stamina pots to run for longer.

Q. Where is the Temple of the Eight Divines?
    A. Grahtwood, southernmost region of Tamriel. From Elden Root (center of the region), go north. If you follow the road, you will immediatly encounter a crossroads. You will know it is the one I'm talking about if there is a Wayshrine near, on the right. At the crossroads, go left and always forward. You will know when you'll arrive.

Q. Where is Bethnik?
    A. See Glenumbra, westernmost region of Tamriel? Well, just a bit lower than that there is Bethnik. There you go.

Q. Where do I get meat and honey for Bethnik?
    A. Just go around and kill everything you find. Wolves for meat, Wasps for honey.

Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
    A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.

Q. Where do I finde Bethnik Twice-Spiked Ale?
    A. It's a craftable drink that drops from the box given to you as quest reward. Either craft it or let someone else craft it for you.

What are the rewards? What do the Sailor's Grog and High Hrothgar Mint do?
    A.
    - I will keep this updated, but so far I found a Provisioning or an Enchanting material, One-use-only Juggling Knives, Swallowing Sword or Mud Balls, in pack of 10s, a Wolfsbane Incense and either a Recipe or Skinchanger motif.
    - Try it for yourselves!

I will update it when other questions will be found and if I get anything interesting

This was a really nice read, and helpful post :smiley:
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but for the Snow Bear Plunge, you can stay mounted and complete the jumps for the quests :) (if you're trying to do it quickly) It will dismount you but its a lot quicker this way.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple quirks:

Snow bear plunge, you can skip the first fire and make it to the second bridge jump without ill effect. You can overshoot the bridge jump and hit the snow shelf on the right, but as long as you hit the water it'll count. Go too soon off the water fall and hit a ledge on the way down and it may not count though.

Best to drink the twice spiked ale right after you turn in the ingredients to guarantee it counts. After eating it bugged out and I needed to drink it a second time.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • LucasKane_qd
    LucasKane_qd
    Soul Shriven
    I've completed 8 out of the 9 quests, and now Breda will offer me some of the ones I've already done instead of the one I'm missing: Stonethooth Bash. Bug? What am I missing here?

Edit / Solved: Had tried talking to her 15+ times and she wouldn't give me that one quest. As soon as I wrote here and tried again, she did. :sweat:
    Edited by LucasKane_qd on December 20, 2016 1:15AM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just skimmed through the thread and didn't see this listed, for Betnikh and Grahtwood you do not have to be in the blue circles to get credit/ drops from animals. You can kill wolves, wasps and encroaching wildlife anywhere in the zone.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this thread!

I don't know if this will be helpful - but some jewelry does count as "armor" (e.g. my ranger's gait necklace) so you won't get the Snow Bear Plunge achievement even if you're starkers.
    Edited by anadandy on December 21, 2016 1:53PM
  • g0dless420
    g0dless420
    Soul Shriven
    edit, quoted the wrong post, in regards to Queen Aeryin

Yes she is! Thank you. It's the house right by the wayshrine Queens Residence.
    Edited by g0dless420 on December 21, 2016 6:36PM
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably obvious to everyone who is not me, but since it took me a couple of days to figure out:

If you want to do a run of all the quests while grouped with friends, have only 1 person pick up the quest from Breda and then share with the rest of the group. That way you don't have the frustration of someone accidentally picking up a different quest than everyone else.
    Edited by tanek on December 21, 2016 6:49PM
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone ever thought about actually just trying to play the game and find out for yourself,
    as you might do in any other game?

Nope.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
    A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.
    For me it wouldn't come up with the prompt again after the first time. Finally figured out you can also find the Soiled Napkin in your quest items and use it from there
    That worked, thanks!
    :smile:
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    Still need Axes page and Gold recipe
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bumping this, as it's super helpful.

• Xelrick
    Xelrick
    ✭✭✭
    The Sailor's Grog Drink creates a Drunk effect- turns screen green and distorts sound - This drunken affect was only used in a specific normal Area quest before this event.

The Mints give you a Frozen affect, which covers your character completely white. Not sure if it inflicts Cold as well..

These it have no other affects to stats that I know of
    Xelrick: "Do not mix chaos with madness. It will only lead to unexplored adventures."
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    she has mud on her face! ;)

Obligatory Queen reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tJYN-eG1zk
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumpity-bump for the newer players. The mead is now available as a momento, and there are a lot more prizes, but the details in the first post are still a good guide to the process and achievements for this event.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just gotta ask.
    Did a Charity Writ, and it seemed like it wants me to make 12 pieces of furniture, which I KNOW cannot be true, because that's kinda bull. That's alot. I don't even have enough to make 10!!!
    Am I missing something???
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    Ok, just gotta ask.
    Did a Charity Writ, and it seemed like it wants me to make 12 pieces of furniture, which I KNOW cannot be true, because that's kinda bull. That's alot. I don't even have enough to make 10!!!

Nope that's right. But it is white stuff which is (relatively!) cheap to make. There are also Charity Writs for common green items that you only need to make one of
    PS4 EU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, just gotta ask.

Nope that's right. But it is white stuff which is (relatively!) cheap to make. There are also Charity Writs for common green items that you only need to make one of

Right, the white furniture writ will cost you 12 furniture mats of the craft and 24 Imperial style stones, which you can also buy from the craft NPC with the blueprint.

Green is only one item, which makes it relatively cheaper, but unless you are low of furnishing mats, the white ones are still relatively easy to complete.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just gotta ask.

Oi. Then I'm hoping for more green items, I guess. I don't tend to have alot of stuff on hand, which means I probably have to go buy stuff.. thanks for the info!!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing I find annoying about it is just how long it takes to craft 12 furnishing because of how ridiculously slow the interface is!
    PS4 EU
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    To spray the leaders, you have to equip the mudball that you drop from the quest reward boxes. Open inventory, press Q, search for them in "Slottable Items", put the mudballs in one of the slots then use it.

You can use the quest mudballs if you haven't completed the quest yet; you only have to use the festival-box mudballs if you don't have the mudball-throwing quest active.
    Q. Where do I finde Bethnik Twice-Spiked Ale?
    A. It's a craftable drink that drops from the box given to you as quest reward. Either craft it or let someone else craft it for you.

There is also a keg south of the tables that is full of the ale, which you can use to complete that part; there will be a mission-goal marker over it.
  • srmalloy
    srmalloy
    Pandorii wrote: »
    penek wrote: »
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

How about rapid manuever or stamina potions?

I looked over the positions of the firepots before I ran it, and have been able to get the achievement on all of the characters I've run it with -- NBs, Sorcs, and Wardens, without using anything but sprint. I eat a Stamina food, then I start at the SE firepot (the one next to the skyshard). Light it, then run up the steps, hang a left, and run straight west to the SW firepot. Light it, run back east to the intersection, turn left, and run north to the NE firepot. Light it, run W, and follow the path as it jogs N and W to light the NW firepot. You should still have about 15% of your Stamina left at this point if you're not a Stamina character, and should have gotten the achievement.