The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[FAQs] New Life Event

• pinkempyreal
    pinkempyreal
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not being able to get the E option to show my appreciation to another player.. so annoying. :( I've been up close.. sort of far... this is maddening.

You need to use the 'Soiled Napkin' in your quest inventory.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not being able to get the E option to show my appreciation to another player.. so annoying. :( I've been up close.. sort of far... this is maddening.

You need to use the 'Soiled Napkin' in your quest inventory.

Ty, I asked in zone chat, and someone helped me. :)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you exert any control over which quest you get? I mean if you don't like or can't complete a particular one, is there a way to pass on it and get a different one?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    For the Betnick quest you have to eat the stuff on the tables around you after you bring the meat and honey.i also heard that if you re in the first person view, the keg of betnick twice spiced ale to the right of the quest giver will work fine for the achievement too

Hasn't worked for me. Tried twice, first time using it straight after I hand in the ingredients and the other at the end after I've had the food and neither has giving me the achievement.
    Maybe food - drink - food? Will try that next time then try with the crafted drink if that doesn't work
    PS4 EU
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    penek wrote: »
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

Try using food as well for a stamina/sprint boost. Helps a little
  • gothickaiserub17_ESO
    Can you exert any control over which quest you get? I mean if you don't like or can't complete a particular one, is there a way to pass on it and get a different one?

Yeah open the dialogue when she gives you what quest it will be just click "goodbye" and r-etalk to her

Buttons (E, to talk, 1 top option, 2 goodbye) repeat until the quest you want is received

She gets very sticky so even if she gives the same one in a row 5 times... they will eventually all show up!

These quest can be done together! so i dont know why they made it so tough to actually be on the same one as a friend lol
  • Teuton67
    Teuton67
    ✭✭✭
    If you catch extras of the three types of fish during the Shadowfen quest, you can put them in the bank. Then if you get the quest on another character, pull them out of the bank and they can complete portions of the quest.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who contributed and the op!
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing about moving around from zone to zone, easiest is obviously to transport to a friend or fellow guild member, but if you need to go somewhere that you haven't been & don't have a wayshrine unlocked, and nobody to transport to, that's taken care of by One Tamriel. Go to your alliance's zone 1 starter city. At the piers, there will be a boatsman who can take you to the equivalent zone 1 city in another alliance, and then from there the boatsman in the new alliance will take you progressively to each later zone (can't say higher any more) city till you get to the one you want. The boatsmen will always go to the next later or next earlier zone, and will also wrap around, so you can go from the zone 5 pier to zone 1 next. Then once you get to your desired zone, you're on your own, to get from the pier to wherever the quest is taking place.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    People dropping shards and other aoe on the trial of five clawed chests can distract from the 35 secs requirement to open all 3 chests for the achievement five clawed cat burglar required for the glory of magnus achievement.
    Seems you only get one shot at it. smh

Distract in what means? Synergies are activated with X while chests are used with E. Is it something else?

My fault I can't concentrate with all the aoe effects and people jumping up and down on the chests as I try to pick.
    Also with the lag it takes about 2 secs extra per chest to retrieve the contents. 35 secs to do all 3 is kind of short.
    DId it fast enough to pass the quest just not the achievement.
    No biggie I will try again now that it has been pointed out that the quests are daily.

I got the achievement by forcing locks. Took me 5 forced locks to get all 3. My force lock chances where 50%.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    when you kill the oxes in the starter quest city, you get some achievent aswell :smiley:
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone answered something like this yet, but if the quests are "daily," does that mean I can do all 9 of them every day and get 9 reward presents every day? I really wanted one of the cosmetic rewards but was unlucky.

Yes, they are daily and also per character.

So, someone with a considerable amount of free time could do the 9 quests, 12 times a day, every day until the festival ends.
    The festival is running up until January 4th, right? Assuming you are not able to do it on January 4th because it ends too early in the day, that's still 20 days of festival, and a total of... 2.160 boxes (plus as many boxes as you can get on the 4th before the event is turned off). That's the max boxes an account can get during the festival in the same server.
    If you only have one character but still do all the nine quests every day, you will have 180 boxes when the festival ends. I mean, I don't know your daily schedule, but you will have plenty of chances of getting the cosmetic reward you want. And even if you are unable to, they are tradable! You can buy them from other players!

Man, that is a lot of wasted inventory space on crap. Due to sporadic playing, I got dropped from my trading guild. I better find a new one to unload the garbagethat drops in those boxes.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Q. How do I show my "appreciation" to other players?
    A. Stay a bit away from them while pointing at them, not much though. There will be a prompt where you will be asked to press E. DO EET.

Great thread! I have another suggestion and an addition.

First of all to the quoted one, you also get a napkin in your inventory (under quest items) which you can use, but you have to use it before leaving Bethnik. It alsways grants the quest objective "show your appreciation to other players".

As an addional question you should add:

Q: How do I get to the areas of other alliances, I haven't been there before?
    A: Every main city in every region has a navigator NPC, marked either by an anchor or a cart symbol. These NPCs transport you to other regions of the current and foreign alliances for free and at any level.

It became more than obvious yesterday that most people don't know about these NPCs, which have been there since One Tamriel.
    Edited by feyii on December 16, 2016 8:39AM
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dropping shards and other aoe on the trial of five clawed chests can distract from the 35 secs requirement to open all 3 chests for the achievement five clawed cat burglar required for the glory of magnus achievement.

Distract in what means? Synergies are activated with X while chests are used with E. Is it something else?

My fault I can't concentrate with all the aoe effects and people jumping up and down on the chests as I try to pick.
    Also with the lag it takes about 2 secs extra per chest to retrieve the contents. 35 secs to do all 3 is kind of short.
    DId it fast enough to pass the quest just not the achievement.
    No biggie I will try again now that it has been pointed out that the quests are daily.

I managed to do this on both of my characters on my first try without forcing the locks. Just turn autoloot on and don't wait til it tells you that you've picked up the coins, move straight on to the next as soon as you've got one open
    PS4 EU
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the skinchanger motif, if I get and use it, does that mean that the character who learned can craft in skinchanger style for ALL items and crafts? And does anyone know if there will be ways of getting the crafting materials after the event?
    Because I haven't been everywhere yet and I don't feel like running all over the map with even 1 character every day, just so I get enough crafting materials and a motif to craft with.

I'd only do it to sell those mats for lots of money, but I got more fun ways of doing so.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. If you have already accepted the quest, abandon the quest.

Also, the quests are shareable within a group, so you can use groups to control which quest from the ones obtained by each.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    For the Betnick quest you have to eat the stuff on the tables around you after you bring the meat and honey.i also heard that if you re in the first person view, the keg of betnick twice spiced ale to the right of the quest giver will work fine for the achievement too

Hasn't worked for me. Tried twice, first time using it straight after I hand in the ingredients and the other at the end after I've had the food and neither has giving me the achievement.
    Maybe food - drink - food? Will try that next time then try with the crafted drink if that doesn't work

Crafted one worked for me.
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    penek wrote: »
    any idea how to make achievement for signals with someone without blinks or speed boosts like templar?

Try using food as well for a stamina/sprint boost. Helps a little

5pc darkstride + 5pc fiord + rapid = profit
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.

I believe she has a house in Marbruk, Greenshade and found in a few other locations while the AD faction questline is in progress.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on December 16, 2016 10:18AM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally completed all nine quests.

I summarized my experiences and tips overheard here and elsewhere on my blog. Added a few maps too.

Edited by BenevolentBowd on December 16, 2016 10:22AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've just done the performance one with no problems - I think lag might have been primarily the cause of the performing not working. This morning has been fairly quiet and mine worked first time.

However, even after burping loudly into a player's face, the achievement didn't come up. Not sure how to get that one to work at all.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    As an addional question you should add:

Q: How do I get to the areas of other alliances, I haven't been there before?
    A: Every main city in every region has a navigator NPC, marked either by an anchor or a cart symbol. These NPCs transport you to other regions of the current and foreign alliances for free and at any level.

It became more than obvious yesterday that most people don't know about these NPCs, which have been there since One Tamriel.
    Adding to that, you may find this useful: Navigator Routes.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I've just done the performance one with no problems - I think lag might have been primarily the cause of the performing not working. This morning has been fairly quiet and mine worked first time.

However, even after burping loudly into a player's face, the achievement didn't come up. Not sure how to get that one to work at all.

"Showing your appreciation" to another player is just an optional quest step (can be completed using the soiled napkin in your inventory). The Bethnik achievement you get for drinking Bethnik Twice-Spiked Ale, which is a drink crafted from one of the festival recipes. Someone else can craft it for you, if you don't have the recipe yet and you can also drink it, after the quest is already completed (I went back to Bethnik for that, not sure if it works everywhere). The keg from which you drink during the quest is just Bethnik Spiked Ale.
    Edited by feyii on December 16, 2016 11:16AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, finally got it by drinking the crafted ale! Still enjoyed burping in people's faces though! :D
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully a lot of people see this from zone chat. People are asking these same things over and over again.

I got the tag for Emeric during the Mages guild quest. If I would've thought of trying it before I would have got all three.
    Not, sure if it was intended. But you have to throw the mud before initiating combat with them.
    Edited by kyle.wilson on December 16, 2016 11:44AM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean you tried the keg near the Orc? Were you in first person view? If it doesn't work perhaps the person who told me about the first person view had just drunk the crafted recipe. That one works for sure. I drank the drink just after talking to her, ate the food on the tables and got the achievement. I didn't even realise there was a keg until after I burped on someone's face (which was rather surprising at the time)
    Edited by LMar on December 16, 2016 2:45PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Asteroth
    Asteroth
    ✭✭

if you know you wont make it before the 35s mark, just wait until the timer runs out and you can start over
  • Asteroth
    Asteroth
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    What about the drink for the Betnik quest? Is that a normal crafted drink or something I get elsewhere?

Actually, there's a keg near the Matron that you can use to complete the quest.

It completes the quest but it doesn't seem to complete the achievement
    Yeah cant get the achievement either. I have the recipe for the drink, crafted them, drank 2, still haven't got the achievement. Will try again tomorrow when the quest is actually active (had already completed it by the time I was trying to use the drink), and drink the last 2 then.

you have to drink the twice spikes ale before you eat anything
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "- Ayrenn is in the city where the quest is located, in Skywatch Manor, right in front of the entrance (if you have done the previous AD quests), otherwise you'll find her in Vulkihal Guard, where the bank is located, right in front of the entrance."

Okay, the Queen is the only one I can't find...at either location. She is not in front of these locations as stated, or inside by the thrones, as others have noted. I am EP and have not completed AD territory (partial). Any thoughts??? It's the only achievement I can't figure out.

It depends on which quest you are in the AD-questline.
    Queen Ayrenn travels to different locations during this questline, you can maybe find where she is here : http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Aldmeri_Dominion#Quests

Good luck
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the tag for Emeric during the Mages guild quest.

AH AH AH ... Priceless ;-) congratulations, I'm sure it wasn't intended but it's truly funny ! Lol !! :D