The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

EP Calls for Aid (PC/NA TF)

• aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkX wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    NACtron wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I can only speak of EST time zone which is when i play. I have been on in the afternoon of the EST time zone and watch DC roll around the map and have been around early morning EST prime time and have watched EP roll around the map. What i can say about those other times that are not prime time is this. AD has no leaders consistently on that i am aware of. From time to time you will find a small organized group running but that's more rare than norm. Prime time 6 pm to 1 am EST you can find at least 2 organized groups being led. In some cases 4 or 5 depending on the day of the week.

From what I hear AD got EMP around 5am EST so they must have something organized outside of primetime right?

Our group stayed up to push it, we don't have anything outside of our very few aussies during oceanic time. Didn't stop the DC zerg from dethroning in just a couple hours and taking both scrolls.

Oh yikes xD Suppose DC has the largest oceanic zerg then.

Nah. DC is still either even or one bar behind AD during Oceanic time. Not always, but often. When AD pushes for Emp like they did yesterday, it is often before any organized Oceanic blue guild is on. They have crowned Emp several times that way. They lost everything and scrolls yesterday because rather than continuing to fight the Emp at the last keep, we took it all. Gave the Emp and AD a choice. Keep fighting for your Emp and D tick or save your stuff. They chose Emp which is what we expected. So after cleaning everything up, we took down the last keep with EPs help.

I was actually proud of EP last night. They worked with blue to dethrone. And of course after the dethrone, it was back to the normal fighting.

Unfortunately the AD raids logged after crowning/when the DC raids logged on and AD went from being ~100 points in the lead to 3rd place on the scoreboards in <12 hours. When my group logged last night things had gone back to normal, ie AD getting farmed by destro ult.

I remember PVP being better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why on earth would you push for emperor if your raid groups already exhausted and about to log? You know having an emperor is a good reason to get sammich between 2 other factions yes? That's like slapping a hungry lion and telling it not to eat you.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »
    Why on earth would you push for emperor if your raid groups already exhausted and about to log? You know having an emperor is a good reason to get sammich between 2 other factions yes? That's like slapping a hungry lion and telling it not to eat you.

It's almost as if we're loosely associated individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and different interests playing on a public server and not a sentient hive-mind that acts in unison...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkylarkX wrote: »
    Unfortunately the AD raids logged after crowning/when the DC raids logged on and AD went from being ~100 points in the lead to 3rd place on the scoreboards in <12 hours. When my group logged last night things had gone back to normal, ie AD getting farmed by destro ult.

I remember PVP being better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah. I feel ya, Skylark. We'd honestly be happy just fighting over Nickel or Alessia bridge all night. Let the campaign points tick evenly the entire night. But getting Emp is kind of a no no. We've all done it, so I'm not really complaining. But it does cause the other two factions to gang up on the Emp's faction, which is what happened.

As we were carrying the two AD scrolls back, one of the guys commented on how being Emp is like a two-edged sword. You feel so powerful and do your best to defend the last keep, and yet you also feel helpless when you can't really do anything about your scrolls.

When I logged off, we did have one big yellow vs. blue brawl going on at Fare farm. Was quite fun I thought.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really difficult to figure out. Achieving emp is a lot more difficult than reclaiming scrolls and inner keeps. Sometimes in this scenario, emp is held and keeps are scrolls are recovered without a lot of trouble. Furthermore, the scrolls do not contribute a lot to the score.

Is it good for the faction? I don't know that it's not. Players are motivated by different things. A faction benefits from hardcore PVP enthusiasts focused on map control -- which is what happens when they play to obtain and hold emp.

I used to dislike emp because it resulted in incredible stacking and faction zergs, but those things are normal now -- regardless of emp.

I would rather have players on my team motivated by emp vs those motivated only by achieving AR50 and therefore farming 99% of the time without a care for the map.

edit:

I should also note that AD had already been pushed to our gates by both DC and EP (which is a regular occurence, regardless of score or emp status) last night, long before obtaining emp and losing a scroll in the process. The emp group contributed greatly to recovering that scroll while obtaining emp.

Edited by zyk on December 7, 2016 11:44PM
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

It's almost as if we're loosely associated individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and different interests playing on a public server and not a sentient hive-mind that acts in unison...

6 keeps to get an emperor. I doubt all of these keeps successfully captured and defended by all AD pugs.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

6 keeps to get an emperor. I doubt all of these keeps successfully captured and defended by all AD pugs.

Groups have different outlooks on Cyro too. Some players like to zerg, others like to fight those players.
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For awhile I have felt that emp is most often a curse for the faction that gets it, though I definitely do not blame anyone who pushes for emp to get crowned or to help a friend.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ball group , proxy Det , Destro Ult with Rapids meta is just as boring as it was when prox Det first came out . I don't really see EP making a lot of good map choices during prime time so I'm not sure off hours is going to sort that issue for you guys . There's like two or three really good groups you have that spread out and grab resources and keeps at evaluation but the majority just seem like AP farmers that don't care about the map .

I suppose I can say the same for every faction right now . We really need a reason to fight for points . People show casing 1 Vs X and small man videos seems more rewarding then faction play right now . It's pretty uninspiring . We are already dealing with people frustrated at broken op gear and Ults leaving or just doing their own thing , I hope we get something soon in the way of a fix or update or this is just another uninspiring campaign .

Just a general rant since everyone's had one but me so far . As you were ...
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    actually last few days even EP zone chat has been lit when people log on and see that they still have all their home keeps etc

majority of people only go through Bridge on the way to Alessia or South, which is almost funny

or at least, while I am logged on, people spread out and keep everyone informed on whats going on and if theres a thread its dealt with

feels great, for a change

Id also like to point out that making AP in Cyrodil is fairly easy and you don't even need to "farm"
    Edited by pcar944 on December 8, 2016 1:46AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Keiryan
    Keiryan
    ✭✭✭

AD has no leaders consistently on that i am aware of.

Okay so AD has no consistent leaders. Other than you I guess, and Frogblast, Manoekin, Cloneinkk, Joshua Warren, Zheg, Unrue, Mojar Stalker, Telel, Megaburn and Night Mother's Listener... Got It.
    From time to time you will find a small organized group running but that's more rare than norm

Taran, Joshua/Zheg, Telel, Megaburn, NML's = Consistent 24 man's (That's at least 4 different groups)
    Unrue/Stalker/Mano/Clone = 12-18 man's I think? ( I know they share a lot of members, but at any given time they are running at least 1-2 different groups)

If those are small groups, what counts as large?
    Prime time 6 pm to 1 am EST you can find at least 2 organized groups being led. In some cases 4 or 5 depending on the day of the week

Okay so all the one's I just listed are NA Prime Time... I didn't count the Oceanic Guilds.
    That was quite a jump from having none.
    Edited by Keiryan on December 8, 2016 2:19AM
    Keiryan / Yuluka / Keir Jong-Un
    Glorious Leader of North DC and The K-Hole
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After we lost emp DC were lock pop, EP were 2 bar, AD were 3 bar. The problem is the DC population is made up of dozens of players who are so tanky they can casually stand on flags rezzing each other while inside an emperor eots with a 16k tooltip, a negate along with some other 10k eots tooltips lol. It does my head in how they can outheal so much damage. So many tanks that they win the war of attrition.

Wouldn't of crowned emp if we didn't think we could hold it, need to go back to the drawing board though to deal with all the tanks and healers.

Sometimes emp works out and gives a couple of hundred point on the leaderboard, other times it doesn't. AD has eots users on the top of the leaderboard though which are definitely worth crowning if the opportunity comes... eots emperors are like the most broken thing in this game since 0 cost batswarm.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    actually last few days even EP zone chat has been lit when people log on and see that they still have all their home keeps etc

majority of people only go through Bridge on the way to Alessia or South, which is almost funny

or at least, while I am logged on, people spread out and keep everyone informed on whats going on and if theres a thread its dealt with

feels great, for a change

Id also like to point out that making AP in Cyrodil is fairly easy and you don't even need to "farm"

There's been a few organized EP groups on oceanic time lately and when it breaks off few off us cap resources before evaluation ticks and make some AP holding those resources. It's fun. Get some nice smaller fights there for the most part.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keiryan wrote: »
    AD has no leaders consistently on that i am aware of.

Okay so AD has no consistent leaders. Other than you I guess, and Frogblast, Manoekin, Cloneinkk, Joshua Warren, Zheg, Unrue, Mojar Stalker, Telel, Megaburn and Night Mother's Listener... Got It.
    From time to time you will find a small organized group running but that's more rare than norm

Taran, Joshua/Zheg, Telel, Megaburn, NML's = Consistent 24 man's (That's at least 4 different groups)
    Unrue/Stalker/Mano/Clone = 12-18 man's I think? ( I know they share a lot of members, but at any given time they are running at least 1-2 different groups)

If those are small groups, what counts as large?
    Prime time 6 pm to 1 am EST you can find at least 2 organized groups being led. In some cases 4 or 5 depending on the day of the week

Okay so all the one's I just listed are NA Prime Time... I didn't count the Oceanic Guilds.
    That was quite a jump from having none.

Consistent means we have a sufficient number of them for a majority of the day. Currently most of the people you listed are not on until later . This leaves hundreds of dumbminionites to sit around being derpwits and losing ground instead of actually trying to win things. That doesn't even take into account que clogging AP mules sent over by people in other factions so that they can farm them.

Also please do not miscount the two to six others in their pack in order to arrive at twenty four. This one is aware that as the worst player in their faction they're easily worth a dozen of their super skilled opponents but not all of Telel's group members are equally terrible.

As an example of both things please reference khajiit's last stremed group run. During Telel's run the 'massive zerg' of two to eight people was AD's only PVP group for four hours. Only as the pack decided that four hours as the only PVPers on the entire server was enough did we see other groups forming and begin to push the map.

Khajiit also does not wish to sound as rude as an elf but this is where they remind you that the worst player in the game does in fact have proof streamed live over the internet if any elfish persons care to be shown how silly they are.
    Edited by Telel on December 8, 2016 4:41AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Keiryan
    Keiryan
    ✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    Consistent means we have a sufficient number of them for a majority of the day. Currently most of the people you listed are not on until later . This leaves hundreds of dumbminionites to sit around being derpwits and losing ground instead of actually trying to win things.

Does any faction have consistent forces on all day long? I was using consistent as an indication of people who will reliably run groups, of course people aren't on all day all the time, some do have real lives (I assume). Every faction has the same problems and anyone who has taken the time will have noticed that every faction has an ebb and flow to it's peak times and they know how to work within those bounds if they want to play the map (I still don't even know why people want to do this)

Edited by Keiryan on December 9, 2016 3:37AM
    Keiryan / Yuluka / Keir Jong-Un
    Glorious Leader of North DC and The K-Hole
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistent means we have a sufficient number of them for a majority of the day. Currently most of the people you listed are not on until later . This leaves hundreds of dumbminionites to sit around being derpwits and losing ground instead of actually trying to win things.

(I still don't even know why people want to do this)

Plenty of people prefer objective based PvP over an endless game of team deathmatch. Despite the large and clear flaws to Cyrodiil, map control is still engaging for many.
    Edited by NACtron on December 9, 2016 2:10PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭

(I still don't even know why people want to do this)

Plenty of people prefer objective based PvP over an endless game of deathmatch. Despite the large and clear flaws to Cyrodiil, map control is still engaging for many.

because its actually fun
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...