Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Metemsycosis ...oh man, still sitting at work plugging away at my computer...I swear if it wasn't for the whole bill paying and having to eat thing I'd tell everyone to go to hades and sit home comfortable numb gaming away...

who's side you fighting for right now? much action on the map right now?
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2016 9:05PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couple of interesting things from last night:

got kicked from an AD guild (for some crazy reason, just about every guild I've ever joined has been AD affiliated) while playing an EP character fighting some AD players...hmmmmm, coincidence - i wonder...

did some weird farming outside of Chalman with a couple of other EP players - one DC player kept jumping down to fight about 4 of us, over and over again...occasionally 1 or 2 other DC players would join in, but, we just kept killing the same people over and over again (thankfully the player was a sorcerer whom I happened to have a bounty on)...after about 20 minutes or so it got pretty old...

4 days left to the campaign...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 5, 2016 6:16PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm...let's do a little guild talk...i still remember the very first guild i joined, and, when i was actually able to figure out how guild banks, stores, rosters, history - all the stuff worked...

for the first 3 to 4 months of the game i had no clue about sets or guild stores...i didn't start doing any research until after about maybe 7 to 8 months in...i wanted to craft and i had no clue...i started coming to the forum regularly in june or so (by then i started to realize how much i didn't really know)...

i remember my first store bought set was Ashen's Grip (i was a templar and it made me wanna be a dragon knight)...can't remember exactly - but , i think my first crafted set was also ashen's...

the guild was Traders Refuge, great no fee guild, had a chance early on to play with some of the guild in ic...still a trusted member (need to do a better job of remembering to drop off gear, beer and coin :) )...

because my main is a dc character - early in the game, i spent a ton of time >:) in wayrest...every time i ported in to make a trip to the store (early on, i swear - it felt like i was shopping every single day, every single day, day after day) the very first person i would come to see was Atin...after, a couple of months of shopping i started recognizing guild names: banana surprise, the purple gang (now permanently stationed in rawl'kha - good job), earth station, mournhold mafia, mafia slayers, 5 dollar motifs, biohazard, cubs fan, and on and on and on - i appreciate you all...but, the guild which i bought from most frequently; and, the one which i visited the most was back alley trading (bat)...

i sell most stuff super cheap (i know cuz i shop a lot) - for me, with 8 characters i have to clear inventory...but, with a small 5k weekly fee i make an easy 20k or so a month (i really have no idea, maybe sell 30 to 50 items a week, i keep all crafting items though, but, sell nothing less than 500)...

one of the best things to come out of this forum was finding out how to contact their gm (super nice)...

i started paying attention to the guild alliance status when i realized you could claim keep, resource, and outpost (not sure about the towns in cyro) merchants...i spend a bunch of time breaking into places and getting to the merchant first, might as well claim it for my guild...

i was on a DC character when i suddenly realized all my guilds were AD...that was over 8 months ago, and - all my guilds are still AD...i have zero clue as to why - although seeing my name appear on both your guild roster and death recap - could be a bit of a deterrent >:)

the last two guilds which i joined were both pvp guilds - DAB something or another (sorry, i'm old - loved listening to Mo talk though, he had me rolling B) )...@Yung_deezy818 is fortunate to have found a really good group to run with - definitely a good incentive to want to log on and play...

personally, i'm a little more though like @Takes-No-Prisoner - i have a good idea of where to go on the map, and, generally because of that - there are other people there too...it's nice to be able to do your own thing...after work - it's good to have some quiet (note to self regarding work, gotta stop logging on at work - okay, unrealistic - need to be more disciplined and only occasionally log on, huh, maybe)...

4 days left and i have 5 characters at tier 3...need to get busy the next few days and put some work in for "the mighty dragon" o:) on two more...

Edit: just got my best payoff yet in AP, 24.4k for surviving after having both walls went down while defending blue road, over 50k in a little over an hour - for me, that's really good...one more character to go...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 6, 2016 5:07AM
  • BoxOnWheels
    BoxOnWheels
    Soul Shriven
    Dc player here. Love reading your posts. Really interesting to read about battles I was involved in from a different players perspective. This campaign has been an interesting one. Lots of unfortunate drama in DC lately, and I am afraid it's going to bleed over in to the next campaign. Gonna be hard for us to pull it together, but I am glad we are probably walking away with a victory this time around.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc player here. Love reading your posts. Really interesting to read about battles I was involved in from a different players perspective. This campaign has been an interesting one. Lots of unfortunate drama in DC lately, and I am afraid it's going to bleed over in to the next campaign. Gonna be hard for us to pull it together, but I am glad we are probably walking away with a victory this time around.

There were quite a few notable people that left DC, so the drama is not surprising
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There were quite a few notable people that left DC, so the drama is not surprising

zone chat on the dc side is a toxic mess......like Jerry Springer on crack
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Edit: just got my best payoff yet in AP, 24.4k for surviving after having both walls went down while defending blue road, over 50k in a little over an hour - for me, that's really good...one more character to go...
    I got that tick too. But what a fight that was! My friend was Emperor (we pushed hard for that Saturday daytime) and the defense at BRK and fight at BRK lumber that evening must have lasted over 4 hours. Such fun though.

PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

zone chat on the dc side is a toxic mess......like Jerry Springer on crack

Ok, now I'm really curious!
    dotme wrote: »
    I got that tick too. But what a fight that was! My friend was Emperor (we pushed hard for that Saturday daytime) and the defense at BRK and fight at BRK lumber that evening must have lasted over 4 hours. Such fun though.

I remember that, blue wouldn't stop pushing on BRK. I didn't bother going up there, cause I figured ya'll where having a farming hay day.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 7, 2016 4:30PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @BoxOnWheels ...thanks for stopping by and checking in - hope all is going well for you in the wild world of eso (and even wilder world of scourge :) )...

I see you're a little new to the forums - please let us know if you have any questions on how to make stuff work - over the last couple of months it's been a crash course on how to insert images, gifs and videos, and, how to use Bulletin Board (bb) code on the forums here (I finally even found the signature thingy :o )...

@wazzz56 - wazzzz up? (sorry, couldn't resist :p )...

it's funny - scourge (and to a lesser degree the forums) is a little bit like one of those pyramid schemes - in order to keep everything working right and fun, we're all very dependant on "new" players joining in...

on the topic of "toxic" chatter- it's a shame, honestly, I'd say about 90% of the folks out there in scourge all totally cool...it's that very vocal 10% messing things up for everyone else...

someone on another thread had very astutely pointed out that we no longer have "gamemasters" out there playing with us...personally, i'm normally not a big fan of "hall monitors" - but, so that everyone can enjoy their experience, we need some game masters to help enlighten/"wack over the head" some folks whom have a tough time controlling themselves in social settings...
  • BoxOnWheels
    BoxOnWheels
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the warm welcome, @geonsocal ! Luckily underneath all the toxic drama, I have found it incredibly easy to get involved with some amazing groups of players so far. Im fairly new to the game, only CP 270, but have found ways to remain useful to my alliance. They, in return, have been extremely encouraging. The big wigs of DC can keep on arguing with eachother, and I will just keep enjoying the game the way I have been. Hope to see you all on the battlefield (and hopefully not because I am on the receiving end of a tea bag).
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @BoxOnWheels ...thanks for stopping by and checking in - hope all is going well for you in the wild world of eso (and even wilder world of scourge :) )...

I see you're a little new to the forums - please let us know if you have any questions on how to make stuff work - over the last couple of months it's been a crash course on how to insert images, gifs and videos, and, how to use Bulletin Board (bb) code on the forums here (I finally even found the signature thingy :o )...

@wazzz56 - wazzzz up? (sorry, couldn't resist :p )...

it's funny - scourge (and to a lesser degree the forums) is a little bit like one of those pyramid schemes - in order to keep everything working right and fun, we're all very dependant on "new" players joining in...

on the topic of "toxic" chatter- it's a shame, honestly, I'd say about 90% of the folks out there in scourge all totally cool...it's that very vocal 10% messing things up for everyone else...

someone on another thread had very astutely pointed out that we no longer have "gamemasters" out there playing with us...personally, i'm normally not a big fan of "hall monitors" - but, so that everyone can enjoy their experience, we need some game masters to help enlighten/"wack over the head" some folks whom have a tough time controlling themselves in social settings...

@geonsocal lmao not the first time I have gotten that....and yeah it is a minority with all the nonsense and to be fair I see it on AD side too, just not as prevalent

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's right folks - we have a winner: using the name base of Waz, having an argonian named - Wazilla, very nice indeed :p ...

almost forgot to mention - if you all see something weird and crazy going down out there (yes - the weirder and crazier the better), please share :)

I forgot to check last night, but, it looks like KUSH with DC will finish the campaign in first with over 10 million AP (i think that's right)...that's putting some serious work in...

oh yeah - anybody know what's up with the housing located to the southeast of ft. aleswell?...i don't think i've noticed anything similar surrounding any of the other keeps...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 7, 2016 7:01PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, tough night farming AP... felt like i made half of my AP repairing walls...for those of you who've actually repaired walls, just for the AP - you understand what a thrilling game experience that is :#

finally got a chance to defend a spot (bleakers) and got an 8.9 AP tick...

because I'm trying to get to 100k AP with each character I've become more familiar with how AP is scored...after the fight at bleakers most of the players left quickly before the score was complete and awarded - for a lot of players though - i don't really think AP matters much to them...

oh yeah, something cool - playing EP at the moment, ran into a group of AD outside of blue road mill by myself...they could have wiped me in about a second or so (especially seeing how I was firing a ballista at them about a minute earlier) - we ended up dancing :p

love those moments - i try very hard to stay impartial (so I can play all sides in the same campaign); but, it's hard not to notice, there are a bunch of cool folks (also met and kicked it with some great folks from DC and EP) playing in scourge for the yellow team...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 8, 2016 8:11AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh I wish I had more time to pvp lately
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Ugh I wish I had more time to pvp lately

@DannyLV702 ...how ya doin Vegas :)

shoot with the double chest drop going on in wrothgar from now until the 21st, it looks like I'll need to do some research and spend some time trying to learn how to do vMA to go get some good weapons...there goes a bunch of hours from my life...

I'm not sure I'll be having too much time to pvp for the next couple of weeks myself...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.0 That Bleakers farm last night was great
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.0 That Bleakers farm last night was great

Died there once. Stayed away after that... lol

I'll admit it is a bit of a head-scratcher to me that Zenimax would remove the doors from towers to discourage farming, then in the same update allow unlimited instant respawns at outposts. Instead of reducing farming, they seem to have given it a massive boost there...
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you sit down and consider -- a Resource helps out a keep, a Outpost only links to outer most keeps in the enemies territory. If an alliance takes it and plays around the Outpost it doesn't really affect the other two keeps in close proxy to it. While having 2-3+ players farm a Resource is really annoying. When the door was there, people came to flip the flag back only to have the enemy sit inside and farm because a door existed there. With the door not being there, I can go to a enemy resource and take it back behind the safety of the tower. But the enemy can go inside and freely engage me at will.

Outposts are a lot more out of the way, takes a team to take it, and defending it is a lot easier over a Resource. With an Outpost, you may pass by it freely without coming in ear shot of the enemy. Resource farming is a lot harder to ignore because of how it helps a keep level up. Points is also a thing to consider, if I was a yellow and took Chalman Mine, your guys over in Red would get annoyed-- it's your way to level up your walls. With yellow sitting on the mine to farm it, you lose 2 points in the 30day or Resource campaign after an hour or so. With an Outpost, it is only 1 point either way to yellow or red.

You know what is funny though? Despite Blue and Red that would not stop engaging us at Bleakers, blue insisted on taking our keeps while red decided to farm at Bleakers. Both alliances could have easily taken Emp in the time we were farming. Which would have been smart, but instead they wanted to feed Yellow AP. It is however end of the campaign, so I guess no one really cared what happened any way.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 9, 2016 4:32PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you sit down and consider -- a Resource helps out a keep, a Outpost only links to outer most keeps in the enemies territory. If an alliance takes it and plays around the Outpost it doesn't really affect the other two keeps in close proxy to it. While having 2-3+ players farm a Resource is really annoying. When the door was there, people came to flip the flag back only to have the enemy sit inside and farm because a door existed there. With the door not being there, I can go to a enemy resource and take it back behind the safety of the tower. But the enemy can go inside and freely engage me at will.

Outposts are a lot more out of the way, takes a team to take it, and defending it is a lot easier over a Resource. With an Outpost, you may pass by it freely without coming in ear shot of the enemy. Resource farming is a lot harder to ignore because of how it helps a keep level up. Points is also a thing to consider, if I was a yellow and took Chalman Mine, your guys over in Red would get annoyed-- it's your way to level up your walls. With yellow sitting on the mine to farm it, you lose 2 points in the 30day or Resource campaign after an hour or so. With an Outpost, it is only 1 point either way to yellow or red.

You know what is funny though? Despite Blue and Red that would not stop engaging us at Bleakers, blue insisted on taking our keeps while red decided to farm at Bleakers. Both alliances could have easily taken Emp in the time we were farming. Which would have been smart, but instead they wanted to feed Yellow AP. It is however end of the campaign, so I guess no one really cared what happened any way.

really good stuff...yeah, lately I've had the feeling that just about everyone on the map is just out there "farming" (myself included)...hopefully with the beginning of the new campaign there will be a little more map "strategy" going on...

I wonder if we'll see AD jump out to an early lead again?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends on Pimmy, Sanj, XanderDances and possibly other group leaders willing to push for emp or the map. Once Sanj or Xander gets a group together and rolling, they are consistently tough customers for Red and Blue. So if you run into those two guys, I would steer clear unless you're with an organized group.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the last two campaigns I've slid from 98% PVP to 10% PVP. I think I'll dig in for the next one though.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    For the last two campaigns I've slid from 98% PVP to 10% PVP. I think I'll dig in for the next one though.

With One Tamriel launch, you certainly were not the only one. I still some how managed to break 1.2mil AP over the course of the campaign, despite farming a lot in PvE land.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With One Tamriel launch, you certainly were not the only one. I still some how managed to break 1.2mil AP over the course of the campaign, despite farming a lot in PvE land.

look at you "player" - you part of that 1 mil club...nice work @Takes-No-Prisoner ...good job man :p
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    I run and lead groups in good dabs n hash (kingkeith420 also known as girly is GM) and we are preping guild for next campaign. I also run with pimmy and his guild and they been running groups prepping too.Vengeance of the dominion is a new guild I joined and liking a lot. They were ones farming at bleakers last night. Very organized and great people. Can't wait till next camp and see if we can hold lead longer then two weeks and finally take this camp.
    Edited by Yung_deezy818 on November 9, 2016 11:52PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they farm Arrius last night? Zone chat was getting a little salty over it
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's right folks - we have a winner: using the name base of Waz, having an argonian named - Wazilla, very nice indeed :p ...

almost forgot to mention - if you all see something weird and crazy going down out there (yes - the weirder and crazier the better), please share :)

I forgot to check last night, but, it looks like KUSH with DC will finish the campaign in first with over 10 million AP (i think that's right)...that's putting some serious work in...

oh yeah - anybody know what's up with the housing located to the southeast of ft. aleswell?...i don't think i've noticed anything similar surrounding any of the other keeps...

I am glad you appreciate the lil things! just made my first female toon....her name..Wazette

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could say it was because of One Tamriel, but I was just washed out with PVP. Same old, same old, same old.

I was in Pimmy's group last night but I blue screened and found myself at a never ending loading screen when I tried to log back in. After five attempts I gave up. A pity. I was having a blast.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

I wish I could say it was because of One Tamriel, but I was just washed out with PVP. Same old, same old, same old.

I was in Pimmy's group last night but I blue screened and found myself at a never ending loading screen when I tried to log back in. After five attempts I gave up. A pity. I was having a blast.

I've run into this, log into an alt like a crafter, then log back into the guy you were just using. That should fix it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @wazzz56 ...just curious...do you play multiple characters a lot - if so, how often do you switch up your characters...I'm learning that the when I switch it takes me about an hour or so to get get reacquainted with my abilities and how I have them slotted (I try to keep similar stuff, like shields, healing, long range attacks and executes in roughly the same postions)...

it usually takes me playing the same character two days in a row before I'm really proficient with them...I used to switch them up every few hours...

Edit: with pve it doesn't really seem to matter much, but, with pvp switching up characters is a lot more challenging...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 10, 2016 8:45PM
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    {
    Did they farm Arrius last night? Zone chat was getting a little salty over it
    Vengeance of the dominion changed their MOTD yesterday stating they are moving to azura star but will be in other camp for guest. I believe tblaze and Rent a Zerg AD mercs were the ones farming Arrius though I'm not certain for sure. I don't get why arrius oppsed to doing it to glade mist seeing DC has first and has proven last three camp they are the bigger threat. I'm all about holding horns and balancing both sides but how are we gonna win staying pushing EP to gates when we need them and their numbers to help push DC during their huge nighttime player base. Let EP push chal dragon alswel and pop other blue stuff they aren't. It's all about strategically pushing the 1st place team and gaining points. Yeah EP are easy points to gain but no point if we take them to gates meanwhile DC is pushing or holding emp and taking our home keeps by time AD comes down then both EP and DC push us to gates. We gotta get our heads together on balance. It's a chest game. Learn when to hold front line def. have groups home side def and a group taking keeps. Def and Ofense are both important. AND REPAIRING HOME KEEP WALLS FROM LEVELING OVER TIME
    Edited by Yung_deezy818 on November 10, 2016 10:59PM