The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

False Emperors

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Manoekin wrote: »
    no reason to change anything regarding this.

@Manoekin I meant your comment on the controlling guards technique! I remember some of the Ala folks complaining about an EP who used that.. The good old days when "not working as intended" meant you could have some fun with things for a month or three!

Nah one of our friends on EP got very first Thornblade emp by sitting in the tower of AD's bloodport resource, just keeping caltrops on the enemy groups that went there to suicide.
  • Barbet
    Barbet
    ✭✭
    Emp acheesement is over rated. Mater Angler now there's a real acheesement you don't see everyday!

Fake emps have to deal... naw I lost interest
    When I stop laughing, I stop playing
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    How's this for corrupt. Ever been bribed to leave your home campaign before?

cpkVOeR.png

Man, what some people do for a mere achievement which they didn't earn anyway.

I never get emperor since I play to little to keep up with "the big boys". Normally I would respect someone who became emperor but not since many people were handed it over by agreements and guild rotations.

If I would be granted 200k or 50k I would take the money but still stay on the campaign.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Isn't logging onto enemy alliance alts to literally just feed your friend AP a bannable thing? I was under the impression it was.
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    And yes, I think friend farming is bannable...but ZOS doesn't police

@Valencer and @Sandman929 Unfortunately it is not. We reported quite a few people for it, and the responses that we got were always along the lines of, "people can play how they want, and if people want to spend their time in game repeatedly dying to one another then they are entitled to do so".
    @Crown That doesn't sound right man. Surely it's abuse of game mechanics? You're basically cheating the system to obtain emperor status. I really hope they consider taking a stronger stance on this.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

cpkVOeR.png

I never get emperor since I play to little to keep up with "the big boys". Normally I would respect someone who became emperor but not since many people were handed it over by agreements and guild rotations.

If I would be granted 200k or 50k I would take the money but still stay on the campaign.

I'd love to earn the Emperor status just to say I've done it, but I want to do it properly. I always play solo, so I was pretty excited to get it, until these guys rolled in and started feeding. I pretty much gave up and left the campaign. Haderus is now used as a cheap emperor achievement before people move on.
    I tried haderus again 2 weeks ago, went to IC and saw people feeding inside the Arena for the Arena achievement. It's one of the worst places for legit PVP now.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

cpkVOeR.png

I'd love to earn the Emperor status just to say I've done it, but I want to do it properly. I always play solo, so I was pretty excited to get it, until these guys rolled in and started feeding. I pretty much gave up and left the campaign. Haderus is now used as a cheap emperor achievement before people move on.
    I tried haderus again 2 weeks ago, went to IC and saw people feeding inside the Arena for the Arena achievement. It's one of the worst places for legit PVP now.

Aye, I agree. I would love to earn it also so I could show it "look, I have become emperor". But only if I earned it. I don't want it handed to me "because it's my turn". The system is flawed imho.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS doesn't even have any GMs to police with, I can't see them caring about any of this stuff for a long time, if ever.
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are beaten by a guy with purple gear who dont know how to use a siege, you are doing something wrong.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • ness1
    ness1
    ✭✭

cpkVOeR.png

I have many screenshots of ppl harassing me for just beating their ass repeatedly without any emp buffs, when they realise I'm a girl they rage even further and change their insults to more tailored ones. Whenever I've been first in the charts for the whole duration of the campaign I have seen the worst kinds of human beings getting out of the gutter where their soul must reside, solely for the purpose to give me grief. I think I've heard it all. Been bullied and trashtalked by second in line (and their mates) who wanted me out while he was only repairing walls or on siege but never in battle on the field. On one occasion I had felt so sorry for the guy crying he had children to take care for and this was his last holiday... he wanted to help me with Emp run as well, but only If I dropped out immediately after, needless to say it was all a lie, the guys is a useless fighter who reps walls for emp every week, ppl still believe him and help him with emp runs to this day. All that I have lived while running for Emp over the years, just makes me want to vomit sometimes. These people will lie thru their teeth and leave you feeling you shouldn't believe nor trust anyone cause they are all rotten in their heart. Yeah, some ppl in this game contributed greatly to my misanthropy inclination.

Edited by ness1 on October 13, 2016 10:15PM
    eroaria, oranessuno (since 2014)

I have a weird sense of humour, the layers keep on stacking I oftn lose count ...but in truth I love all animals (humans too sometimes) and abhor any form of violence.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimum AvA rank of 50 should sort this out. No more false emperors!
    :]
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't logging onto enemy alliance alts to literally just feed your friend AP a bannable thing? I was under the impression it was.

@Valencer and @Sandman929 Unfortunately it is not. We reported quite a few people for it, and the responses that we got were always along the lines of, "people can play how they want, and if people want to spend their time in game repeatedly dying to one another then they are entitled to do so".
    @Crown That doesn't sound right man. Surely it's abuse of game mechanics? You're basically cheating the system to obtain emperor status. I really hope they consider taking a stronger stance on this.

@Alucardo Cheating the system is very different from gaming the system. We had a discussion on this with the ZOS folks in one of the guild meetings (I think it was Netflix & Chill, though may be have been another - it's been so long I don't recall). From their perspective, breaking the terms and conditions is a bannable offence, though breaking the "spirit" of the PvP portion of the game is not.

@ZOS_GinaBruno It would be nice if you chimed in to confirm that things are still as they were last time we talked about this (or that they've been changed and how). I know your team doesn't like giving long answers that can be subject to interpretation, though a simple "We understand the frustration that some of our PvP player base feels, and while we are considering how we can address situations like this (and even if we should at all), at present farming kills on your friends is not something that we consider against the terms and conditions."

@themdogesbite I know you're joking but the basis of that idea is sound. Raising the rank requirement to something like 24 (8 million earned) would at least require that the player be somewhat experienced.. Most of us who have hit AR50 have reached the point that we don't care anymore! After your 50th time emp (not counting back-to-backs due to night-caps by other factions) it just gets tiring to have to care about the campaign and map - in my case these days, I just want to play for an hour or two and have fun with friends. Your EU crew were among the first AR50s - how do you feel about PvP these days?
    Edited by Crown on September 28, 2016 1:16PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭

cpkVOeR.png

lol i have been offered a measly 20k to leave campaign before

i disagree with OP tho, it's great that a pvp noob can get emp by repairing walls and get that dye and costume, they often get good, end up pvping more and are thrilled at the achievment...
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmfao @ ap farming being "cheating"
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets add in emperor points, instead of deff and off ticks and only does will count for. Can still ap farm for rng boxes and end rewards.
    But maybe that will lead to more problems.. just be happy with the HP buff everybody gets when having an emp.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • EdTerra
    EdTerra
    ✭✭✭
    Emperor status isn't designed for overskilled 1vZerg players....
    which emperor in real life was able to kill a whole army alone ?

I don't care anymore if my opponents is the emp or not, sometimes I win, but most of the time I die cauz they are using #MetaEzMod + emperor passiv, this is just to much

most of useless emps got it only for the achievement...

[EU] AD - Erdril v16 N(oo)B | AR40
    [NA] EP - Erdril NB

Still a solo player in this zergfest

Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPJv3O6DC5ZYECfF3-rQ-Q
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »
    I have played ESO since launch. For the past few months, I have mostly played on Haderus and I have ALWAYS played as EP. I have a lot of PVP experience and I work to organize the swarm of EP pugs through my main guild, M4D.

Yesterday for the first time ever, I crossed faction lines and used my vet-level DC toon to fight and dethrone an EP Emperor. I was one of twelve apostles of doom in the Legion of Mordor raid that spearheaded the DC assault. No EP force could stand in our path. By 2AM EST, a DC emperor was crowned.

Why you may ask, would I perform such a blasphemous deed? Quite simply, I am tired of False Emperors. I am tired of cheaters with 313cp who subvert the obvious intent of the game. They AP farm their way to the top of the leaderboard (yes, we know exactly what you are doing) and don't contribute anything to the camaraderie that develops among those of us who truly love PVP and fight the battles. They are the people who somehow feel that they are entitled, when they really haven't come close to earning the privilege of wearing the regalia. Quite simply, they are the annoying people who somehow feel that we all play this game for their benefit.

To limit this farce in the future, I propose the following two additional conditions upon Emperorship (in vet-level campaigns).

1) You MUST have maximum CP to qualify as Emperor. The Emperor should be a fearsome force, not some whelp with purple gear.

2) You MUST have achieved the rank of Tribune or higher in the Alliance Wars. It's pathetic that some Emperors barely even know how to use siege, never-mind the strategy and tactics required to properly lead a faction.

Until these measures are enacted, I will continue to cross faction lines and actively work to dethrone the cheaters. I encourage others to do the same. We as a PVP community deserve better. For now, this is the only way.

I agreed about pretty much everything you said until you talked about "cheaters". I don't accuse anybody of cheating without proofs. Same goes for spying. But I know what you mean. Alot of people who go for emperor barely uses sieges, or barely even communicate with other group leaders to work the map. I've seen recently some EP on top of the leaderboard yelling in zone and in chat trying to give orders when not later than 1month ago, he was a pure 1vXer who never cared about winning the campaign and pushing the inner ring. I really wish emperorship was more focused on playing the objectives over killing a bunch of enemies in choke points and staying for defense ticks.
    Edited by frozywozy on September 28, 2016 5:57PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alucardo Cheating the system is very different from gaming the system. We had a discussion on this with the ZOS folks in one of the guild meetings (I think it was Netflix & Chill, though may be have been another - it's been so long I don't recall). From their perspective, breaking the terms and conditions is a bannable offence, though breaking the "spirit" of the PvP portion of the game is not.

@ZOS_GinaBruno It would be nice if you chimed in to confirm that things are still as they were last time we talked about this (or that they've been changed and how). I know your team doesn't like giving long answers that can be subject to interpretation, though a simple "We understand the frustration that some of our PvP player base feels, and while we are considering how we can address situations like this (and even if we should at all), at present farming kills on your friends is not something that we consider against the terms and conditions."

@themdogesbite I know you're joking but the basis of that idea is sound. Raising the rank requirement to something like 24 (8 million earned) would at least require that the player be somewhat experienced.. Most of us who have hit AR50 have reached the point that we don't care anymore! After your 50th time emp (not counting back-to-backs due to night-caps by other factions) it just gets tiring to have to care about the campaign and map - in my case these days, I just want to play for an hour or two and have fun with friends. Your EU crew were among the first AR50s - how do you feel about PvP these days?

Honestly, i was never big on getting emperor myself. Got it first time during fps drop era in Celarus when i was a Colonel. After that i held it for one Thornblade cycle in 1.5 when i was General. I found it to be more effort then fun and decided it's not worth it for me.

PvP theese days for me is more about the company of the people i've played this game with for so long then the fights, the AP is just a decent bonus now. Before lowered AvA rank requierments my goal was to reach Assult and Support 10 on all classes, sadly i had Templar left before it took close to no effort to reach said goals.

I guess most of us that still play do it for the same reasons, it's not to many options arround anyways atm and i still se so much potential within ESO. I guess i just hope for something similar to what i find to be the golden age of PvP in this game where there was no problem to wake up at 10 in the morning and play until you were about to fall asleep in the chair at night.
    :]