The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

False Emperors

Stanko
Stanko
✭✭✭
I have played ESO since launch. For the past few months, I have mostly played on Haderus and I have ALWAYS played as EP. I have a lot of PVP experience and I work to organize the swarm of EP pugs through my main guild, M4D.

Yesterday for the first time ever, I crossed faction lines and used my vet-level DC toon to fight and dethrone an EP Emperor. I was one of twelve apostles of doom in the Legion of Mordor raid that spearheaded the DC assault. No EP force could stand in our path. By 2AM EST, a DC emperor was crowned.

Why you may ask, would I perform such a blasphemous deed? Quite simply, I am tired of False Emperors. I am tired of cheaters with 313cp who subvert the obvious intent of the game. They AP farm their way to the top of the leaderboard (yes, we know exactly what you are doing) and don't contribute anything to the camaraderie that develops among those of us who truly love PVP and fight the battles. They are the people who somehow feel that they are entitled, when they really haven't come close to earning the privilege of wearing the regalia. Quite simply, they are the annoying people who somehow feel that we all play this game for their benefit.

To limit this farce in the future, I propose the following two additional conditions upon Emperorship (in vet-level campaigns).

1) You MUST have maximum CP to qualify as Emperor. The Emperor should be a fearsome force, not some whelp with purple gear.

2) You MUST have achieved the rank of Tribune or higher in the Alliance Wars. It's pathetic that some Emperors barely even know how to use siege, never-mind the strategy and tactics required to properly lead a faction.

Until these measures are enacted, I will continue to cross faction lines and actively work to dethrone the cheaters. I encourage others to do the same. We as a PVP community deserve better. For now, this is the only way.
Stanko: Ebonheart Pact, CP 3600, Templar, Former Emperor on Azura's, Arena Gladiator, Flawless Conqueror, Spirit Slayer, Grand Overlord, Paragon, and of course Merciless.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »
    I have played ESO since launch. For the past few months, I have mostly played on Haderus and I have ALWAYS played as EP. I have a lot of PVP experience and I work to organize the swarm of EP pugs through my main guild, M4D.

Yesterday for the first time ever, I crossed faction lines and used my vet-level DC toon to fight and dethrone an EP Emperor. I was one of twelve apostles of doom in the Legion of Mordor raid that spearheaded the DC assault. No EP force could stand in our path. By 2AM EST, a DC emperor was crowned.

Why you may ask, would I perform such a blasphemous deed? Quite simply, I am tired of False Emperors. I am tired of cheaters with 313cp who subvert the obvious intent of the game. They AP farm their way to the top of the leaderboard (yes, we know exactly what you are doing) and don't contribute anything to the camaraderie that develops among those of us who truly love PVP and fight the battles. They are the people who somehow feel that they are entitled, when they really haven't come close to earning the privilege of wearing the regalia. Quite simply, they are the annoying people who somehow feel that we all play this game for their benefit.

To limit this farce in the future, I propose the following two additional conditions upon Emperorship (in vet-level campaigns).

1) You MUST have maximum CP to qualify as Emperor. The Emperor should be a fearsome force, not some whelp with purple gear.

2) You MUST have achieved the rank of Tribune or higher in the Alliance Wars. It's pathetic that some Emperors barely even know how to use siege, never-mind the strategy and tactics required to properly lead a faction.

Until these measures are enacted, I will continue to cross faction lines and actively work to dethrone the cheaters. I encourage others to do the same. We as a PVP community deserve better. For now, this is the only way.

lmao these ideas are so bad
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tribune? I feel like I have been playing my main forever and I don't even have a moon rank yet.
  • BrosidenTheKing
    It's a two-way street, my friend. DC has plenty of false emperors all the same. Here's a nice video of one such DC group. Crowning emperor will always have players trying to circumvent in-game mechanics. So is life.
    [SNIP]

Edited for Profanity
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 27, 2016 2:03PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it seems, your ego was bruised that a 313 CP player got Emperor with low Alliance rank than you. I have seen low CP players wrecking high CP players in PvP. Low CP hardly means low experience. There are several players, who keep rerolling their characters to play non-vet campaigns. Some of these players have been playing since beta but are yet to hit cap. But they are far more skilled than the average player in vet campaigns as generally non-vet campaigns limit your stats and builds hugely and you are forced to use non-meta builds. When they finally move to vet campaigns, they can wreck people for easy AP.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think a rank limit for emp makes sense, what army would ever want some sergeant as emp or even a veteran
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bothers me about fake emps, is when they and their guild will camp the last emp keep while the entire map, scrolls and campaign is lost.
    Edited by Ackwalan on September 27, 2016 5:37AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck trying to get emp in BwB with these ridiculous requirements boys
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    i think a rank limit for emp makes sense, what army would ever want some sergeant as emp or even a veteran

I'm afraid that that would mean that Emperor would always go to the highest ranking person on the faction, if we're looking for realism.

In martial law, the highest ranking officer usually has authoritarian power over the area they were assigned to lead. This sounds remarkably close to Emperorship.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not easy to get emp, atleast not on a competitive campaign or one where your faction doesn't have the numbers. Haderus might be a bit different in off peak times.

Anyways, don't see what the big deal is. If he made more points then everyone else and his faction was strong enough to cap the keeps then good for him. If he is in a guild that contributed to capping the inner keeps then that is even better, otherwise that guild might of pushed a different objective instead. If you really have a problem with it get a guildy to outfarm him in AP and crown them, although tbh emperor in the current meta is pretty overrated. Gives a nice health bonus to everyone though, and your faction will earn more points on the scoreboard from holding more keeps for a short time.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 27, 2016 6:09AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How's this for corrupt. Ever been bribed to leave your home campaign before?

cpkVOeR.png
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

cpkVOeR.png

lol yeah I've been offered 50k to leave BWB before.
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cpkVOeR.png

Did you take it? =D
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Stanko wrote: »

Both of these requirements are quite elitist, and this is coming from someone is who is well beyond the CP cap and a Former Emperor.

While I don't approve of the ability to AP farm your way to Emperorship, and firmly believe that doing so undermines the entire purpose of the title and achievement, preventing people from trying to legitimately strive for this goal on the basis that they haven't farmed enough AP and experience directly defeats the purpose of the restrictions you're attempting to impose.

Does the Emperorship system need to be reevaluated? Yes. Is this the way to fix it? Absolutely not.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you take it? =D

nah, I spent a few hundred k making yellow lvl 40 gear and getting lvl 40 IC jewlery and invested time. :p I have abdicated several times for people though, because I wanted to and not for money lol. Although I do think it's fair to give someone your end of campaign rewards if they abdicate for you close to the end of a campaign.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 27, 2016 6:24AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a two-way street, my friend. DC has plenty of false emperors all the same. Here's a nice video of one such DC group. Crowning emperor will always have players trying to circumvent in-game mechanics. So is life.
    [SNIP]

There is so much going on in this video , So wow . Good tower farm . Good team work . The chat arguing got confusing and left me wanting to get back to watching the fight . Like the Spartan cut scenes just the other stuff made it tedious for me not knowing what's going down on .
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 27, 2016 2:06PM
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about... you learn to outfarm the so called AP farming no0b? lol
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to disagree on both ideas. With the rank the problem is that it's character based, so my main is high level while all my adds are still low. I don't see a reason why I can't be crowned emp on them. It also doesn't depict skill as I've insta killed people on my templar that were 10 ranks higher then me.

Cp wise it also doesn't make sense. Emp gives you enough buffs to be effective, having max cp or not. Comes by, I know very good players that had been off the game for a little and are not 100cp under the cap because of it, this again is unimportant. Ivr played against plenty of bad max cp players which did worse then someone with just 200.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Well... the main priority should be to fix the lag.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cpkVOeR.png

I was offered 200k to stop farming AP in Haderus one time. I took the money and ran my happy ass to the tempering alloy bank!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cpkVOeR.png

I was offered 200k to stop farming AP in Haderus one time. I took the money and ran my happy ass to the tempering alloy bank!

And they say you can't make money in PVP
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    Guild of Shadows asked me to pay 500k gold to have them push my emp.
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    It's not easy to get emp, atleast not on a competitive campaign or one where your faction doesn't have the numbers. Haderus might be a bit different in off peak times.

Anyways, don't see what the big deal is. If he made more points then everyone else and his faction was strong enough to cap the keeps then good for him. If he is in a guild that contributed to capping the inner keeps then that is even better, otherwise that guild might of pushed a different objective instead. If you really have a problem with it get a guildy to outfarm him in AP and crown them, although tbh emperor in the current meta is pretty overrated. Gives a nice health bonus to everyone though, and your faction will earn more points on the scoreboard from holding more keeps for a short time.

I was up for 40 hours straight during my emperorship.
    Limiting it to 531 cp players would be a bad decision in my opinion. The next patch looks to bring so many former players and former emps back. it would be stupid if they couldnt push for emp
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol CP and rank have nothing to do with skill... *cough* Lothar Wolf, Methuselah *cough*
    Bad ideas from the OP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better idea is to remove emp and replace with a detailed point system/leaderboards for actual competitive pvp.

But that can only happen after class balance, and if ZoS is willing to put in the work.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    Stanko, I agree with you 100% that these false emperors are a joke. But dont go on the forums bragging about LoM Success of crowning EMP at 2am. Heres a fight we had with them 4v20ish
    <vid excluded>

wow, that was probably the most annoying pvp video ever. maybe it's just because I don't know any of those NA guys but with all those interruptions, i barely made 30% before i had to close the vid. impossible to watch

Us Americans love our reality TV drama lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Kas wrote: »
    Stanko, I agree with you 100% that these false emperors are a joke. But dont go on the forums bragging about LoM Success of crowning EMP at 2am. Heres a fight we had with them 4v20ish
    <vid excluded>

wow, that was probably the most annoying pvp video ever. maybe it's just because I don't know any of those NA guys but with all those interruptions, i barely made 30% before i had to close the vid. impossible to watch

Us Americans love our reality TV drama lol.

I can't even stand the news in America, to much loud music and overly excited. :P
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    donJay wrote: »

Sheet. I'd have done it on my own for 50k.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    donJay wrote: »

Sheet. I'd have done it on my own for 50k.

Make me emp Bae, I pay you nothing! ;)
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What annoys me the most is, Haderus was my home for the longest time. I played in that campaign as a regular probably longer than most who have been there. I never got emperor, and I'm alright with that. What I wasn't ok with was these trash guilds that come by, break down and repair walls, get emp and then leave again.
    When I refuse to leave the campaign because they wanted emp they would feed each other by logging enemy factions and surpass the AP I got by actually playing properly.
    The system is faulty and definitely needs looking at.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp doesn't mean anything. I'd like it change, but I don't know of a way that isn't open to the same backdooring as the current system, so I've just made my peace and decided to not care about it.
    Can anyone think of any method of ranking that isn't exploitable? If ZOS policed their own game it'd be a different story.