The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Soul Assault

Edziu
Edziu
✭✭✭✭✭
nerf
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    insightful
    #MOREORBS
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    insightful

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Akrimus
    Akrimus
    ✭✭
    nope
    PC EU DC Akrimus (Sorcerer) Daggerfall Bandits
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nerf +2
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo

tumblr_mha658ds1K1r37gzvo2_250.gif

You can't give a gift an just take it back ...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice gift for Templars. SA + RD = GG

I liked it better when you could interrupt it with a stun or crushing shock. But we all know Wheeler at ZOS plays a Templar. So this is the garbage we get.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No! Do not nerf Soul Assault. It's a beautiful spell for us magicka users.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite understand what's new with Soul Assault. Why would you use it AND RD? Why not just continue to spam RD?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    I don't quite understand what's new with Soul Assault. Why would you use it AND RD? Why not just continue to spam RD?

RD doesn't do much against high health targets.

SA does, and it will tear you to quarter health or lower if you don't block it. Then RD finishes you off in a second.
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

SA does, and it will tear you to quarter health or lower if you don't block it. Then RD finishes you off in a second.

Thanks! Wasn't thinking...again. =)
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel soul assault should be nerfed on damage again but given a 20 to 30% boost (over the 15%) when used with Oblivion's Foe Set. This set is already given such little attention, let's have it effect everything under the soul magic line and boost it up.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think ZOS considered all of the consequences of this. The ult is like what, 75 cost? It's so cheap it's practically spammable.

Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Templars will make great use of it. Sorcs will sit in mines/volcanic rune and SA people with the swarm mother set and watch them explode. Magicka Templars will SA/RD spam and you can barely tell the difference between them on the receiving end of so many Jesus beams.
    Edited by Minalan on September 27, 2016 8:59PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to use it on live, but will most likely not use with anymore if the recent changes.
    The point in soul assault was, that it was unblockable. That made it usable vs tanks.

Now my opponents can simply block it. I'll return to dawnbreaker
    I wish they would increase the damage by 15% and make it uncloakable and unpurgeable, but leave it interruptable and unblockable.
    Edited by Dracane on September 27, 2016 9:52PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think ZOS considered all of the consequences of this. The ult is like what, 75 cost? It's so cheap it's practically spammable.

Magicka Sorcs and Magicka Templars will make great use of it. Sorcs will sit in mines/volcanic rune and SA people with the swarm mother set and watch them explode. Magicka Templars will SA/RD spam and you can barely tell the difference between them on the receiving end of so many Jesus beams.

It costs 100 ultimate, like dawnbreaker used to (which now costs 125)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooooo

tumblr_mha658ds1K1r37gzvo2_250.gif

You can't give a gift an just take it back ...

stam shields :)
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can outcome its damage on live servers with hardened ward + dark conversion, your argument is invalid.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I can outcome its damage on live servers with hardened ward + dark conversion, your argument is invalid.

It's not efficient against any kind of shield, even ingenous shield spam is enough to negate its damage.
    It is only really usefull against flesh and this flesh can now block it.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced PvP Player: "Magicka needs a single target, burst + cc ultimate similar to Dawnbreaker"

ZOS: We understand that the community is concerned regarding Radiant Destruction. Here's another long-range, uninterruptible beam and a weak sauce AoE Destro ultimate"

Experienced PvP Player:

1bdp6k.jpg
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Experienced PvP Player: "Magicka needs a single target, burst + cc ultimate similar to Dawnbreaker"

ZOS: We understand that the community is concerned regarding Radiant Destruction. Here's another long-range, uninterruptible beam and a weak sauce AoE Destro ultimate"

Experienced PvP Player:

1bdp6k.jpg

It is fully interruptible and blockable .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you calling for a nerf even used soul assault ? It's pretty underwhelming and NPCs will interrupt it , sometimes dodge it .
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit, soul assault is really going to be a problem in outnumbered situations.
    In a 1v1, you can simply overwhelm the person who uses it and unless he doesn't stop the channel, he will get himself killed.

But when I am outnumbered, then it's pretty stupid to have no way to stop it besides breaking line of sight if it's possible.
    Can't we just leave it as it is ? Unblockable, bashable and no CC immunity ? But add the other changes like 15% damage, not purgeable and not cloakable

It shouldn't be made too noob friendly. You should at any time be in need to decern, if it's wise to use your ultimate or not.
    Edited by Dracane on September 28, 2016 12:07AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have any of you calling for a nerf even used soul assault ? It's pretty underwhelming and NPCs will interrupt it , sometimes dodge it .

I believe my good friend Khajit has missed the patch notes for 2.6.1. This one will gladly assist.

Soul Strike:
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe my good friend Khajit has missed the patch notes for 2.6.1. This one will gladly assist.

Soul Strike:
    This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.
    You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.
    Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.
    This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds.

If I was going to be objective , I'd say those changes will make it feel like a Ultimate worth slotting . 15% more damage means little in a stamina block heavy meta . The CC immunity is what about 3 seconds ? I don't see the fuss . The interrupt is what kept me from using it in PvE at all .
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Soul Assault morph is four seconds, so four of CC immunity. With the stealth prevention, it's actually going to be good against night blades..
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you cast soul assault your movement speed feels like a slow crawl currently . I'm guessing but around 10% movement speed while channeling . The cc immunity is almost completely pointless because of this .
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Soul Assault morph is four seconds, so four of CC immunity. With the stealth prevention, it's actually going to be good against night blades..

Nightblade cloak is broken anyways . Any dot and they can't cloak . Cloak doesn't even remove most dots like the tool tip says .
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblade cloak is broken anyways . Any dot and they can't cloak . Cloak doesn't even remove most dots like the tool tip says .

because cloak doesnt remove dots? Is this a necroed thread? so many old informations
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc

Yup! I roam around Cyrodiil these days and just hope I don't cross those super OP, impossible to kill alone, cancerous Mag Sorcs.

Totally.....
    Edited by Vaoh on September 28, 2016 2:02AM