Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Assault

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Edziu wrote: »
    No! Do not nerf Soul Assault. It's a beautiful spell for us magicka users.

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc

Yup! I roam around Cyrodiil these days and just hope I don't cross those super OP, impossible to kill alone, cancerous Mag Sorcs.

Totally.....

Soul Assault is all I run. People get pissed lmao
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    The Soul Assault morph is four seconds, so four of CC immunity. With the stealth prevention, it's actually going to be good against night blades..

Its actually four seconds of CC-ing yourself. While channeling you cannot do anything - you cannot block, you cannot heal yourself, you cannot shield yourself. You are pretty much a sitting duck.

People get all concerned about 4 seconds of CC immunity, but why would you want to CC someone who is defenseless anyway? Just kill him! Even if you are the target of the beam - you can block, he can't. Kill him anyway.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! Do not nerf Soul Assault. It's a beautiful spell for us magicka users.

I have seen it today, sorc just standing in his mines like always, curse etc with mages wrath and soul assault and think if he will have swarm mother set also.
    na chance to survive this if you arent heavy armor templar, dk or streaking/shielding sorc

I know. Holding block is hard. You´ll adapt.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1beady.gif
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Derra on September 28, 2016 7:04AM
    <Noricum>

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    1beady.gif

Thelon, will you be running with SA next update?
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny thing is that SA works perfectly fine right now on live, as it always has. Most people just have no idea how to use it properly, or assume that just because someone survived it makes it useless. There are ways to make this ultimate work on live, without requiring the change. Unfortunately most people cannot learn the game, and so it must be changed to dumb the game down.

I've been having a field day with SA on my live magnb, melting people of all class and build type (magicka & stamina).
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any channel, soul assault too, should be interruptable.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Any channel, soul assault too, should be interruptable.

Only if charging a heavy attack removes you from stealth with beginning of the animation.
    <Noricum>

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mines, shields up, Curse, endless fury, aaaaand SA.

:)

I pray you crit rush me.

Fun fact of the day:

We were fighting a Mag Sorc Emp (Shieldstacker on X1 NA) and we couldn't for the life of us bust his shields. Myself and 2 other friends all slotted soul assualt and counted it off. Can't even imagine his reaction.
    Edited by Jsmalls on September 30, 2016 9:36PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I pray you crit rush me.

Fun fact of the day:

We were fighting a Mag Sorc Emp (Shieldstacker on X1 NA) and we couldn't for the life of us bust his shields. Myself and 2 other friends all slotted soul assualt and counted it off. Can't even imagine his reaction.

Why do people still feel disdain towards sorcs using shields. Literally everyone holding block with a half decent template supporting that is harder to kill than a sorc with shields nowadays...
    <Noricum>

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I pray you crit rush me.

Fun fact of the day:

Must have been a *** sorc. I can shield stack 3 soul assaults if I really have to. His shield game must have been weak.
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even igneous shield spam seems to be enough to negate one soul assault.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ultimate ticks should be dodgeable, interruptable, purgeable and cloakable. How many of the people who defend this piece of crap ultimate have actually played on PTS? It's a death sentence against all medium armor builds who can't instaburst you because it will become nearly impossible to stand up against Fasalla Magdks/Magplars with new Skoria (which are already insanely strong). 1vsX against this crap ultimate will become impossible unless you are a vampire.

And to all the people who permanent cry about stamina being OP: Have you played a normal stambuild in this meta? How fair do you think is it to judge about stambuilds in general because of one race and one set (Redguard + Black Rose) is too strong? If your magbuilds suffer as much as my stambuild did in the first year of ESO (so nearly no magicka based dmg shields, nearly no magicka based healing and no magicka class skill morphs at all for ONE FREAKING YEAR) you have a reason to cry. Complaining now about stam being too strong (again: if you don't stick to extreme meta builds like Redguard + Black Rose stamina builds aren't too strong...) after magbuilds dominated that much in the past is just unfair.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Elmour0Fudd
    Elmour0Fudd
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The Soul Assault morph is four seconds, so four of CC immunity. With the stealth prevention, it's actually going to be good against night blades..

Its actually four seconds of CC-ing yourself. While channeling you cannot do anything - you cannot block, you cannot heal yourself, you cannot shield yourself. You are pretty much a sitting duck.

People get all concerned about 4 seconds of CC immunity, but why would you want to CC someone who is defenseless anyway? Just kill him! Even if you are the target of the beam - you can block, he can't. Kill him anyway.

love this having used this ultimate with my very first character and no clue on anything was a fun item but yep had to have a lot of soul gems to play with it lol,
    Damn dead again

I did learn something, only use it when you know the target can't get to you lol

Try Cat herding it's fun thay said you'll love it it's a good honest job........ bollock's you need Silverweave body armour to stop em fighting, but a stuffed mouse on a string can help!

• Snarrffffff

[/PC NA mainly dead Breton magic sorcerer b]

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Alg5EQDPhr8CemxApWeDYYkydrc

oh what fun
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate ticks should be dodgeable, interruptable, purgeable and cloakable. How many of the people who defend this piece of crap ultimate have actually played on PTS? It's a death sentence against all medium armor builds who can't instaburst you because it will become nearly impossible to stand up against Fasalla Magdks/Magplars with new Skoria (which are already insanely strong). 1vsX against this crap ultimate will become impossible unless you are a vampire.

And to all the people who permanent cry about stamina being OP: Have you played a normal stambuild in this meta? How fair do you think is it to judge about stambuilds in general because of one race and one set (Redguard + Black Rose) is too strong? If your magbuilds suffer as much as my stambuild did in the first year of ESO (so nearly no magicka based dmg shields, nearly no magicka based healing and no magicka class skill morphs at all for ONE FREAKING YEAR) you have a reason to cry. Complaining now about stam being too strong (again: if you don't stick to extreme meta builds like Redguard + Black Rose stamina builds aren't too strong...) after magbuilds dominated that much in the past is just unfair.

While I agree that the new SA is trash, that you think an interruptable channel should be dodegable just tells me you are just another stam player whose only sense of balance in PvP is dodge roll should avoid everything remotely threatening.

And, yes, "normal" stam builds stacking high weapon damage to power Rally + Vigor, running around with Shuffle and auto-snare ridiculously strong gap-closers that negate 100% light armor resistance do just fine if you are say a Khajit or Orc if you're wearing Viper or Widowmaker cheese.

Sorry your build sucked for a year after release, but good "balance' isn't attained by having your build being OP for one year so everything averages itself out. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the reason we have this stupid SA ultiamte in the first place is that stam is too powerful in the first place and this is Wrobel's "solution" to fixing it? The more you keep justifying and trying to hold onto your OP build because of past grievances, the more stupid dumbed down crap Wrobel will throw at us in an attempt to address the very imbalance you seek to hold on to.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joy pretty much nailed that one. Not much to add.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree that the new SA is trash, that you think an interruptable channel should be dodegable just tells me you are just another stam player whose only sense of balance in PvP is dodge roll should avoid everything remotely threatening.

Dodgeroll is my only spammable defense, stambuilds can't stack shields for ever. So yeah, it should counter it.
    And, yes, "normal" stam builds stacking high weapon damage to power Rally + Vigor, running around with Shuffle and auto-snare ridiculously strong gap-closers that negate 100% light armor resistance do just fine if you are say a Khajit or Orc if you're wearing Viper or Widowmaker cheese.

Interesting. Suddenly we swtiched from magicka builds are underpowered to light armor builds are underpowered. Why don't you talk about heavy armor mag builds (for example magdk or magplar with Fasalla)? Because they are already extremely strong and it wouldn't fit this "magicka builds are underpowered QQ". Maybe you will realise that the stambuilds you are complaining about are using Black Rose... and guess what, medium armor gets also rekt against that Black Rose meta.
    Sorry your build sucked for a year after release, but good "balance' isn't attained by having your build being OP for one year so everything averages itself out. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the reason we have this stupid SA ultiamte in the first place is that stam is too powerful in the first place and this is Wrobel's "solution" to fixing it? The more you keep justifying and trying to hold onto your OP build because of past grievances, the more stupid dumbed down crap Wrobel will throw at us in an attempt to address the very imbalance you seek to hold on to.

Funny... I haven't complained one single time about being underpowered at this time. If I would behave like some magicka people are behaving right now the forum would have 100 pages of stamina up QQ threads. Also funny that magicka builds got buffed by making Lich easier to get, by buffing Skoria, Infernal Guardian set and lastly that Soul Strike change. I bet most of the people who are complaining haven't even tried out all this new stuff on PTS.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not even true. Stamina doesn't require redguard or black rose to be strong or OP.
    Black rose falls in the category cancerous in my opinion, but it's not the reason why stamina is superior to magicka.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

This is why i'm not impressed by new buffed Soul Assault.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm with Joy on this. Everyone here is forgetting about how ridiculous and over the top the new stamina two hand and bow ultimates are.

Like a berserker rage using the two handed ultimate over and over again is any less ridiculous than the ONE ultimate they can't dodge.

Suck it up, dry up your stam tears, and use the new sword and board ultimate to block it. It's free.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul assault is just gonna be used to slay solo players by zerglings. I see quite a few complaining about Berserkers rage but imo I dont think its as strong as incap or dawnbreaker in 1v1s right now.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    1beady.gif

Thelon, will you be running with SA next update?

Apparently Thelon's spiderman meme machine is broken and all he can post now is "potatoes"
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodgeroll is my only spammable defense, stambuilds can't stack shields for ever. So yeah, it should counter it.

You can just block it. :trollface:
    This is exactly like the shieldbreaker debate all over again (you can just heal it). Won´t be an issue in 1v1. When you get zerged you get melted because according to our lead combat designer thats how the game should work.

#feelthebalance
    #getwrobeled

I´m to tire to go into detail why your rambling is just a meaningless stambiased assessment full of half truths and conveniently left out facts.
    <Noricum>

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

This is exactly like the shieldbreaker debate all over again (you can just heal it). Won´t be an issue in 1v1. When you get zerged you get melted because according to our lead combat designer thats how the game should work.

#feelthebalance
    #getwrobeled

I´m to tire to go into detail why your rambling is just a meaningless stambiased assessment full of half truths and conveniently left out facts.

some I agree to compare to shielbreaker and some no...for shieldbreaker you need to waste your 5 item set slots insted of other set and I dont see to much players now with shieldbreaker, now only very small amount is using this while SA only what do you need to put only ult without wasting your sets for your build
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt turret just as bad??
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

#feelthebalance
    #getwrobeled

some I agree to compare to shielbreaker and some no...for shieldbreaker you need to waste your 5 item set slots insted of other set and I dont see to much players now with shieldbreaker, now only very small amount is using this while SA only what do you need to put only ult without wasting your sets for your build

Well that´s like saying the 1 to 4p bonus of shieldbreaker were not the best combination of those setbonuses you could wish for...

Soulassault is wasting an ultimate slot (50% of your possible ultimates) on something that will be entirely worthless against any magica build with a shield and any stamina build using sword and board (when not outnumbering them).

It´s a very specific counter to a very specific build combination (stamina without 1hand and shield) relying on rolldodge as main defense.

Are there better 5p bonuses than shieldbreaker? Surely there are - but there are better ultimates than soulassault aswell. It still has barely any relevance for anything but 1v1 and Xv1.
    <Noricum>

• Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I am all for an ultimate that won't be shrugged off easily by a simple purge/cloak/bash/shuffleTick. But to be fair, id like to see a player limited to only 1 Soul assault affecting him at once.

Sure players could do it in sequence, but maybe it will help slow down the Zurges use of it?
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for an ultimate that won't be shrugged off easily by a simple purge/cloak/bash/shuffleTick. But to be fair, id like to see a player limited to only 1 Soul assault affecting him at once.

Sure players could do it in sequence, but maybe it will help slow down the Zurges use of it?

Its not jesus beam that can be spammed over and over. Multiple people using SA on you simultaneously will happen of course, but it won't be common.