Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for Misc. System Updates in One Tamriel

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would like to point out, about the one tamriel update, is its effect on equipment crafting writs for those of us who aren't subbed and don't own the Wrothgar DLC.

All of us who have max crafting and are cp 160 will find no cp90-140 nodes in the world to use to complete our writs. Why should we be forced to respec if we want to find those cp-90-140 nodes? And not to mention if we use multiple characters to do the writs every day, we go through very large amounts of those materials. Farming will take up all of those players time then, they will have no time to do anything else, and that's not fun.

if you are cp160 skill-10 your writs even in craglorn will be for that level cp150-160 so that character will not need those mats. the crag topsd at 140 goes away when all zones scale to you and all nodes scale to you. this was specifically asked and answered not just my imaginings.

For any character running writs, half the nodes/drops-mat, etc will be at their skill level/writ level and half will be at their character level so they will be gathering nodes relevant to their character gear needs or their writ needs every node they hit anywhere everywhere all the time.

this is not a mechanic that says you will lose lots of time gathering useless mats - it says the opposite.

NOTE (edit) This does not mean certain builds, certain practices, certain "ways i do things now" wont need to change or evolve or adapt once OneT comes out. that happens every major patch/update/change.

FOR EXAMPLE: i have found crafting my updated sets as characters level up (thru the fast paced 1-50) to be better off for OneT doing it at the end of a tier (using flax to make lvl24 to wear lvl 24-35just before i start harvesting cotton?) instead of my OldT habit of crafting new gear when the new mat was wearable (crafting flax at lvl16 to wear from 16-25.)

But every major change ihas something some or many have to adapt to... this time crafting is one of those things.

BUT it wont mean LESS MATS available... and it wont mean LESS USEFUL MATS available.

Edited by STEVIL on September 20, 2016 12:57AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven
    STEVIL wrote: »
    One thing I would like to point out, about the one tamriel update, is its effect on equipment crafting writs for those of us who aren't subbed and don't own the Wrothgar DLC.

All of us who have max crafting and are cp 160 will find no cp90-140 nodes in the world to use to complete our writs. Why should we be forced to respec if we want to find those cp-90-140 nodes? And not to mention if we use multiple characters to do the writs every day, we go through very large amounts of those materials. Farming will take up all of those players time then, they will have no time to do anything else, and that's not fun.

if you are cp160 skill-10 your writs even in craglorn will be for that level cp150-160 so that character will not need those mats. the crag topsd at 140 goes away when all zones scale to you and all nodes scale to you. this was specifically asked and answered not just my imaginings.

For any character running writs, half the nodes/drops-mat, etc will be at their skill level/writ level and half will be at their character level so they will be gathering nodes relevant to their character gear needs or their writ needs every node they hit anywhere everywhere all the time.

this is not a mechanic that says you will lose lots of time gathering useless mats - it says the opposite.

NOTE (edit) This does not mean certain builds, certain practices, certain "ways i do things now" wont need to change or evolve or adapt once OneT comes out. that happens every major patch/update/change.

FOR EXAMPLE: i have found crafting my updated sets as characters level up (thru the fast paced 1-50) to be better off for OneT doing it at the end of a tier (using flax to make lvl24 to wear lvl 24-35just before i start harvesting cotton?) instead of my OldT habit of crafting new gear when the new mat was wearable (crafting flax at lvl16 to wear from 16-25.)

But every major change ihas something some or many have to adapt to... this time crafting is one of those things.

BUT it wont mean LESS MATS available... and it wont mean LESS USEFUL MATS available.

You didn't really answer my question. Let me reword it then.

Say I have 7 characters, all max level, all with gear crafting passives at 9. It would require nearly 700 of each cp 90-140 material every day just to do my writs, an amount I can normally get now in about 3 hours. Now it would take 6 hours to get all the mats I need just for the day. Why should I have to spend that much time gathering the mats i need? An account wont stay cp 90-140 forever, and I'm already well past that point.

And I don't have the choice to do tier 10 writs, I'm not subbed, nor do I have wrothgar DLC. If tier 10 writs didn't hinge on us having wrothgar, then that would be fine.

Another thing I have seen earlier in this thread would be to remove the lower levl limit on crafting materials, IE, steel ingots could make gear lvls 1-24, ebony could make lvls 1-50, and rubedite could make any level item. Then I wouldn't need voidstone for my writs, I could simply use rubedite.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Say I have 7 characters, all max level, all with gear crafting passives at 9. It would require nearly 700 of each cp 90-140 material every day just to do my writs, an amount I can normally get now in about 3 hours. Now it would take 6 hours to get all the mats I need just for the day. Why should I have to spend that much time gathering the mats i need? An account wont stay cp 90-140 forever, and I'm already well past that point.

And I don't have the choice to do tier 10 writs, I'm not subbed, nor do I have wrothgar DLC. If tier 10 writs didn't hinge on us having wrothgar, then that would be fine.

Another thing I have seen earlier in this thread would be to remove the lower levl limit on crafting materials, IE, steel ingots could make gear lvls 1-24, ebony could make lvls 1-50, and rubedite could make any level item. Then I wouldn't need voidstone for my writs, I could simply use rubedite.

It will take 6 hours instead of 3 hours to farm your mats.
    True.
    It also means you will gain the same amount of max tier mats.
    Which are far more valuable than Void.

$ Profit $
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven
    Dubhliam wrote: »

It will take 6 hours instead of 3 hours to farm your mats.
    True.
    It also means you will gain the same amount of max tier mats.
    Which are far more valuable than Void.

$ Profit $

That's also a problem, now that everyone who is cp 160 will be collecting max tier mats, the market will be flooded with the max tier mats, as if it wasn't already. The value of max tier materials will plummet. That is unless, the lower level limit on those materials was removed so that they could create any level item, keeping demand high and thus value. Or at the very least softening the impact one tamriel will have on tier 10 mats.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this
    you are cp160 skill-10 your writs even in craglorn will be for that level cp150-160 so that character will not need those mats. the crag topsd at 140 goes away when all zones scale to you and all nodes scale to you. this was specifically asked and answered not just my imaginings

with OneT they have ecplicitly said tier 10 writs using tier 10 matd dont require wrothgar. The crsglorn writs will go as high as 160.

So you can bu "just fine"

I have bern pushing to get the lowrr limit removed as well.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven

see your bolded.

See where i said this
    you are cp160 skill-10 your writs even in craglorn will be for that level cp150-160 so that character will not need those mats. the crag topsd at 140 goes away when all zones scale to you and all nodes scale to you. this was specifically asked and answered not just my imaginings

with OneT they have ecplicitly said tier 10 writs using tier 10 matd dont require wrothgar. The crsglorn writs will go as high as 160.

I was literally just on the pts an hour ago. I made a new character, put 10 points into the gear crafting passives, and started the 3 gear writs. They ALL required cp 90-140 materials.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crafting & Economy
    General
    • The minimum bid and the buyout price for a Guild Trader with no bids have been increased to 10,000 gold from 100 gold.
    I'm curious how this will affect smaller guilds. imo, 10k isn't nearly high enough to prevent troll bidding, but it may be high enough to prevent legit small guilds from affording any trader at all. Seems like the worst of both worlds.

Afaik, nobody asked for this. What we did ask for was moving the kiosk flip time to the weekend during prime time, and a stop to bid spying. Any progress on that?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

I was literally just on the pts an hour ago. I made a new character, put 10 points into the gear crafting passives, and started the 3 gear writs. They ALL required cp 90-140 materials.

Please report.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

A trivial question... where did you initiate the writs? Inside crag or another zone?
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven

see your bolded.

See where i said this

A trivial question... where did you initiate the writs? Inside crag or another zone?

It was in stonefalls. I can try again with another character, this time in crag. I wouldn't think that the zone your in when you start the writs should effect what writ you get, should it?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

It was in stonefalls. I can try again with another character, this time in crag. I wouldn't think that the zone your in when you start the writs should effect what writ you get, should it?

it shouldn't but since this was a bug based on what they indicated, was curious if it was craglorn specific.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

it shouldn't but since this was a bug based on what they indicated, was curious if it was craglorn specific.
    I get reliably CP140 writs to 9/10 crafters and CP160 writs to 10/10 crafters. I picked the quests in different locations. Location didn't matter.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

see your bolded.

See where i said this

I get reliably CP140 writs to 9/10 crafters and CP160 writs to 10/10 crafters. I picked the quests in different locations. Location didn't matter.

Good to hear. When i ran some writs in the early pts they seemed to work like that as well.

But since i am a sub i have wrothgar and so... its not possible for me to test the craglorn issues with tier-10 writs.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

Good to hear. When i ran some writs in the early pts they seemed to work like that as well.

But since i am a sub i have wrothgar and so... its not possible for me to test the craglorn issues with tier-10 writs.
    And i have also sub.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

That's why. You guys are subbed, so you get tier 10 writs.

If someone could point me to where ZOS has said they are making tier 10 writs available to everyone and not just people who have access to wrothgar, that would be great.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

If someone could point me to where ZOS has said they are making tier 10 writs available to everyone and not just people who have access to wrothgar, that would be great.

It was at pax, one tamriel session syream second day towards the end. I think those streams got archived online but am not sure of the link.

The reason i know it for sure is it was my question they answered.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

There was one question at least in this video , after 25 minutes. The ZOS guys misunderstood it.

I tested with an account not having Wrothgar, and yes, without Wrothgar 10/10 characters can not do 10/10 writs. The quests are 9/10. @L0rd0fAngmar , sorry about being so thick to understand. I didn't even consider it as a possibility.

In One Tamriel everything is scaled to CP160, except crafting writs without Wrothgar DLC. I consider this a high priority bug. @ZOS_RichLambert BTW: does Phil Draven have a forum account?

And thinking a bit further: Now we can pick writ quests from everywhere and survey maps are everywhere. Why returning writs is hard-wired?
  • L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

There was one question at least in this video , after 25 minutes. The ZOS guys misunderstood it.

I tested with an account not having Wrothgar, and yes, without Wrothgar 10/10 characters can not do 10/10 writs. The quests are 9/10. @L0rd0fAngmar , sorry about being so thick to understand. I didn't even consider it as a possibility.

In One Tamriel everything is scaled to CP160, except crafting writs without Wrothgar DLC. I consider this a high priority bug. @ZOS_RichLambert BTW: does Phil Draven have a forum account?

And thinking a bit further: Now we can pick writ quests from everywhere and survey maps are everywhere. Why returning writs is hard-wired?

Just found this in the PTS patch notes ctrl+f "writs"

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3315974/#Comment_3315974

Tier 10 writs still not being available to players without orsinium is apparently intentional.

Even with the updates to the material nodes.

This is a slap in the face to ALL players who aren't subbed to the game.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3315974/#Comment_3315974

Tier 10 writs still not being available to players without orsinium is apparently intentional.

While it would be nice to get a confirmation from ZOS on this, I'm 99,99% sure that this is a PTS bug. People with no access to Orsinium (no DLC/no sub) should be able to get tier 10 writs (requiring CP150 mats) and survey maps rewarding CP150 mats.

(If I'm wrong, then you're right, it's not fair from ZOS and a real issue for the players in that situation).

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

Doesn't matter. I doubt that Crafting is a primary task in ESO anymore. It is still there for people who want to do it, but I expect ZOS will continue down this path.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

Doesn't matter. I doubt that Crafting is a primary task in ESO anymore. It is still there for people who want to do it, but I expect ZOS will continue down this path.

If crafting is no longer important to ESO, then how will people keep a steady supply of gold mats to upgrade all their new equipment that gets released with each new DLC?

Crafting will always remain an important aspect of ESO, until the day ZOS decides that they wont make any more DLC, or even touch the games balance, for that matter. If they patch the game and nerf or buff something, a lot of players might want to change their builds and that would require a lot of gold mats if they want to stay competitive with the people that have the ability to supply their own gold mats.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

NOTE that they dont say that at all.

They say you wont get an ORSINIUM survey or writ to orsinium without having the DLC.

Currently, real game, craglorn is scaled to cp90-140. Across the board. All nodes and drops are tier 9..

In OneT the scale of all those will be based off character level and skill level.

So it is not sure that they intend to have writs for non-orsinioum buyers cap out at tier-9 anymore.

here are the notes you referenced

You no longer need to be Champion 10 or above to obtain Crafting Writs for Craglorn and Orsinium.
    Note: You still must have access to Orsinium in order to receive an Orsinium crafting writ.
    All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.

if you saw something more explicit please link to the part or quote it.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

see your bolded.

See where i said this

And i have also sub.

If crafting is no longer important to ESO, then how will people keep a steady supply of gold mats to upgrade all their new equipment that gets released with each new DLC?

Crafting will always remain an important aspect of ESO, until the day ZOS decides that they wont make any more DLC, or even touch the games balance, for that matter. If they patch the game and nerf or buff something, a lot of players might want to change their builds and that would require a lot of gold mats if they want to stay competitive with the people that have the ability to supply their own gold mats.

When I referred to ESO, I was talking about the game. Crafting remains important for Bethesda Marketing, for the reasons you mention. However, as an aspect of the game itself, one that provides depth of game play, it has suffered greatly under the Crown Store, and One Tamriel does nothing to help it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if resources all now scale how do my max level crafting characters acquire lower level resources???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    So if resources all now scale how do my max level crafting characters acquire lower level resources???

Lucky crafting writs.

Edit: Ok, needs more. You will get random lower level materials when turning in crafting writs. Crafting is now more of a secondary activity in the game, centered around your personal needs.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 2, 2016 2:10PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky crafting writs.

Edit: Ok, needs more. You will get random lower level materials when turning in crafting writs. Crafting is now more of a secondary activity in the game, centered around your personal needs.

SIGH. So this means I have to go back to doing the utterly useless crafting writs, where I'll get an incredibly tiny amount of mats. Great. Just great. This is entirely unacceptable. A lot of my crafting is done specifically to make my guildies things as they are leveling up. Now I won't be able to. Peachy. GG ZOS.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky crafting writs.

Lucky crafting writs.

SIGH. So this means I have to go back to doing the utterly useless crafting writs, where I'll get an incredibly tiny amount of mats. Great. Just great. This is entirely unacceptable. A lot of my crafting is done specifically to make my guildies things as they are leveling up. Now I won't be able to. Peachy. GG ZOS.

Well, they can do their own farming for materials, and craft their own things, so it all works out in the end. Right? That is the best thing about making crafting personal. No pesky depending on others, messing around selling stuff in the Guild Store or trading between players. Right? No matter where you go, every time you turn around, there is something you either need for your character or need for your crafting leveling.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky crafting writs.

Lucky crafting writs.

Well, they can do their own farming for materials, and craft their own things, so it all works out in the end. Right? That is the best thing about making crafting personal. No pesky depending on others, messing around selling stuff in the Guild Store or trading between players. Right? No matter where you go, every time you turn around, there is something you either need for your character or need for your crafting leveling.

Which totally screws over those who make their gold by crafting, not just those of us who like to be able to do it just to be nice. Not everyone enjoys crafting and it has always worked out well with the system in place of the mats you need for specific levels being in specific zones. This was really ill-considered.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lucky crafting writs.

Lucky crafting writs.

Which totally screws over those who make their gold by crafting, not just those of us who like to be able to do it just to be nice. Not everyone enjoys crafting and it has always worked out well with the system in place of the mats you need for specific levels being in specific zones. This was really ill-considered.

Yes having most everyone else in the game getting mats they need in nodes and drops and getting sets they can use all scaled etc... that will make it so even casual play types will have much less need to pony up gold to get what they need.

Wiyjout mismatch zone locked rewards shafting others and creating exploitable shortages for the many, how will the few sellers survive?
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky crafting writs.

Lucky crafting writs.

It is. They are hurting a large part of the multi-player part of the game.