The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for Misc. System Updates in One Tamriel

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    The overall game is not served by zone-locked mats when thw wehole game and gameplay goes "unlocked zones".

Actually, the resources would not be locked to a zone any more than sets are locked to a zone. It makes sense to place things in zones in order to encourage people to go there. Each zone is different and offers different things. Except for resources. Each zone offers the same resources.

Apples and oranges.

The sets are different flavors of gear and so for certain builds some people might have different sets they want.

But the sets ALL scale to the character.

Similarly, mats all scale to the character.

Thats so every zone is a viable usegul playground for all characters.

If setsvhad thrir level determined by zone of origin, as it does now, you would have a point.

It's not apples and oranges. You have to go to certain zones to farm certain sets and you should have to go to certain zones to farm certain resources. That's the way it works now and it's good.

It's not about scaling to the character, it's about availability of resources. Where you gonna farm steel/dwarve/flax/ebony at cp531 and max crafting?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bmcxp wrote: »
    No it just devastates the crafting economy.

Tell you what... I will copy this to my faves and we can revisit it in 3 months to see how devastated the crafting economy is.

Wish i had done that for all the ENCHANTS ARE DOOMED node threads and POSIONS KILL ESO threads before they launched.

And I'll definitely do the same once Enforcers come.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    bmcxp wrote: »
    No it just devastates the crafting economy.

Tell you what... I will copy this to my faves and we can revisit it in 3 months to see how devastated the crafting economy is.

Wish i had done that for all the ENCHANTS ARE DOOMED node threads and POSIONS KILL ESO threads before they launched.

And I'll definitely do the same once Enforcers come.

Thats no problem though i wont be holdijng my breath on that one.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My proposed solution to the crafting node issue.

First my opinion on some things being thrown around. The current system is perfect for new/casual players. As they adventure and as they naturally level, they will continuously come across crafting nodes with level and/or crafting skill appropriate materials. Putting particular nodes in particular zones ONLY is not in the best interest of what One Tamriel is trying to accomplish. I propose two solutions to the matter.

The one I find the "best" solution is to grant a new "perk" to master crafters - defined as level 50 in the craft and max skill points in the material level passive. This perk would simply allow those crafters to choose their desired "effective" passive rank - perhaps through a slider in the skill section. This would "convert" all nodes in the world into the mat for the tier they have chosen. This is a nice perk for those who have chosen to master their profession and solves the problem nicely. New/casual players will have the current chosen system in place which is the best for them and master crafters will finally have some unique perks.

Another option is to "third" the crafting nodes where the chosen node will show crafting materials for either the crafting passive, player level or zone specific nodes - like they are on Live. While this system is tempting as it brings back a "forced" reason to visit certain areas, this becomes problematic for crafters trying to harvest those low level materials for a particular customer.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Dominoid on September 6, 2016 12:32PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    The overall game is not served by zone-locked mats when thw wehole game and gameplay goes "unlocked zones".

Actually, the resources would not be locked to a zone any more than sets are locked to a zone. It makes sense to place things in zones in order to encourage people to go there. Each zone is different and offers different things. Except for resources. Each zone offers the same resources.

Apples and oranges.

I view this as a reason to go to the zone, in addition to being a broader commodity. One of the cool things about crafting in ESO is that the raw materials have a wider use in-game than merely crafting equipment.

Raw mats have one use in game - to be refined.
    Refined mats have onr use in gsme - msking gear.
    Both can be sold of course.
    Key is, raw ruby stuff refines just as well as steel or kresh so forcing unwanted mats into zone locked geograpy separate from the population of players doesnt srrve either of those better.

But with every major change some ways things are done change so this is one.
    For some reason you don't seem like you really do this stuff. You know when you talk to someone about stuff that you really "know", and the the other person kinda talks the talk and knows some of the lingo but just seems "off"? Yeah, you're that guy. Maybe you do know and your communication is a bit off, but I'd say probably not. How many sets has your master crafter crafted for off-level characters in the last month? How do you think this change is going to affect your ability to continue to do that?

To be honest in the last month? two i think but i dont have a log so... meh.

In both cases they offered me the mats and pay and i turned down both.
    I dont charge for bites. i dont charge for casual crafting and even occasional heavier stuff. (I think the biggest surprise i gave someone was helping after VET went away someone here by giving them a cp160 5pc drop set and crafting them another cp160 set that fitted together while refusing payment.)

But frankly the majority of the crafting requests i have gotten since vet ranks went away were for top tier stuff because that is where the majority of the demand shifted to.
    (Which is why having the majority of the zones locked to less than top tier is needless and non-reflective of the base population as a whole.)

But, as i have said, i am NOT a trading guild "all my characters are all master crafted in everything" guy like so many who come up with such odd cases for how OneT will wreck the games economy (more and more that sounds to me like double-speak for "how i make money off other players now wont be the same") so as i have said it may affect some more than others. just like every significant or even minor game change does.

Its one of the reasons i advocate not only here but in the feedback threads for them to remove the lower limit on equipment level crafting by mat type.

But without being a crafting guilder with 12 masters of everything, i guess i can still see the sense in linking "what mats are generated" to "what mats can be used" for the overall health of the crafting aspect... even if it means more people having more of the mats they need means those wanting to profit by selling mats wont be able to harvest as much gold from other players.

EDIT:

Was on the toilet when i realized i answered the wrong question. you asked about off-level characters and i answered for off-level character of other players.

i have eight character at cp160+ but four newer characters at 9-35 which i have been levelling. So in the last maybe two mohts i have crafted about nine of them at the levels between 4 and 35. Since some of them were for "lets try this out on expendable mats"

What i found was interesting. i altered my habits to meet the new paradigm. For example - since i have plenty of the tier one mats gathered by all my cp160 guys who aren't master crafters in the various crafts (none have mastered more than three crafts, a few none.) i altered my usual crafting scheme.

i craft at 4 of course. Then i craft at 14!!! not 16 like i used to. i shifted to "craft at the end of a tier instead of the beginning" which meants the lower level got tons of them mats covered the advancement thru like 26. (Note that with scaled nodes in OneT that period between 14-25 would be harvesting the tier 2 mats at 50% so by the time we hit time for the next tier...) Then at the end of tier 2, i can craft tier 23 maxed to serve me while i harvested for tier 3 end.

Not that it is necessary to do that to cover the content even with only 10cp assigned to regen instead of the 531 available.

i did this as an experiment to see how different crafying scheme than the locked zone world would work out.

Some will adapt to change. Some will not. others will gripe. Some will call it an apocalypse.

and some will see the massive good it does for the vast majority of the players.

IF WE HAD POLLED HORSE AND BUGGY MAKES AT THE TIME, WE WOULDN'T HAVE CARS TODAY
    Thanks for that! Now let me explain why people who will do exactly what you are talking about don't like this change!

First, it now puts the onus on others to become farmers. For example, myself and two others are currently questing together on low level characters, and do no farming! None of the characters have put any points into any craft related skill, and we like it that way. The other two players have no interest in crafting, and I have my main to satisfy my crafting desires. After the change we will all need to farm for mats as we do the things that we'd rather be doing, which decreases the fun, and results in poor mat returns because we are all playing together (we only play these characters together) and are "competing" for the mats we come across! So right off the bat this is "bad" compared to the current system because everyone is going to be having less "fun".

Secondly, even ignoring the "less fun" aspect, let's consider the efficiency of farming mats now, vs the method you describe. First there is the issue that the low level characters aren't putting points into crafting, so they would only get 50% of the mats at their level. Yes, they "could" be crafters, but they aren't, and there is no desire to change that. Secondly, they don't have "keen eye", which is quite helpful for quickly identifying mats as you are running around doing other things. I'll be conservative and say that at top skill level it lends a 10% increase in mat farming efficiency. Then there is the fact that my main is much quicker, both in horse speed and because it has streak (which is awesome for farming). Again, I'll conservatively say that is a 10% efficiency improvement. Finally, the "craft at the end of a tier instead of the beginning" conservatively requires about 25% more mats (and even more at the lowest tiers). If you go through and calculate it all out, the low level characters will about 1/3 as efficient as my main is now for farming mats. And this is ignoring the extra time it takes to fight mobs at a low level vs max.

So when the changes make it less fun and 3x more time consuming for people to do the same thing they do now, they get a little riled up!

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »

First my opinion on some things being thrown around. The current system is perfect for new/casual players. As they adventure and as they naturally level, they will continuously come across crafting nodes with level and/or crafting skill appropriate materials. Putting particular nodes in particular zones ONLY is not in the best interest of what One Tamriel is trying to accomplish. I propose two solutions to the matter.

The one I find the "best" solution is to grant a new "perk" to master crafters - defined as level 50 in the craft and max skill points in the material level passive. This perk would simply allow those crafters to choose their desired "effective" passive rank - perhaps through a slider in the skill section. This would "convert" all nodes in the world into the mat for the tier they have chosen. This is a nice perk for those who have chosen to master their profession and solves the problem nicely. New/casual players will have the current chosen system in place which is the best for them and master crafters will finally have some unique perks.

Another option is to "third" the crafting nodes where the chosen node will show crafting materials for either the crafting passive, player level or zone specific nodes - like they are on Live. While this system is tempting as it brings back a "forced" reason to visit certain areas, this becomes problematic for crafters trying to harvest those low level materials for a particular customer.

Thanks for your time.
    I think the bolded solution would be wonderful! Thank you for suggesting it!
  • Stormwalker
    Stormwalker
    Soul Shriven

I agree that the best solution is to allow players to chose what level materials they harvest (up to their current crafting level) but I'm not so sure about only allowing max level crafters to have this perk. If you were going to restrict the perk to master crafters an option would be to add the perk as a 4th rank to the Keen Eye skill lines that would be available at level 50.

Edited by Stormwalker on September 6, 2016 3:02PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the best solution is to allow players to chose what level materials they harvest

But they won't do it that way. Don't forget that ZOS' primary interest is to keep us playing. Main mean for that in PvE is dailies, all kinds of dailies. They have noticed in this forum and probably in their data the loss of interest in crafting writs. Tying lower level mats to crafting writs is a way to keep us doing crafting writs.
    Also, not being able to farm the mats whenever we need them, forces us to keep them in inventory/bank in order to gather enough of them to be able to craft for lowbies. The more stuff we have to keep in inventory, the more incentive there is for... crafting bags, and crafting bags mean... subs.
    No way ZOS is going to let us choose what we farm.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your time.

I don't like the perk, as stated, because it simply means that the game world is even less consistent and bends more to the needs of the game play. To me, there is less harmony between the two and the world simply becomes the more of a painted set piece that provides only the visual backdrop. It's purpose is only so that you don't see the back wall of the stage. Yes, it meets the game play requirements by providing a mechanical solution to the problem at hand.

I feel that, in any RPG game, the game world and game mechanics are of equal importance. I want these things to stay in balance because they are both reasons for playing the game. In other types of games, the game world can be a backdrop that exists only for the purpose of appearance.

The current resource node decisions make the game mechanics more important than the game world, likely in an effort to solve insolvable problems with game play.

As you stated, there are three different goals for crafting resources, and the bad part is that these are often mutually exclusive and can change based on the current situation. The player who wants to make armor and weapons for their character wants resources that can be used to make those. The player who wants to level a crafting skills wants resources that will do writs. It is easy to see why ZOS picked these as they directly address player needs, even if they had to do it in a manner where half the time they player was not getting what they wanted. The third option is the one where people farm or craft for people who cannot, or do not, want to do it for themselves, and this could be considered a niche scenario, especially if making a single player MMO game.

Because I come at this from a "world-game balance" perspective, my thought is to make the resource nodes specific to geography, and then work to solve the other two problems. To me, if I have to have a RNG node in a ZOS environment, the first order of business would be to provide 50% zone level resource and 50% character level resource. This allows characters to get what they need for personal crafting anywhere in the world while also allowing any character to be able to get any resource. The latter is important from a world design perspective.

The solution to the needs of the crafter is a modification of what ZOS is doing today. Rather than giving out a crate of some random resource, give them refined crafting materials that they can use for the next writ. Make the crafting surveys only give out raw resources at crafting passive level. In this way, characters doing writs are more self sufficient while they are leveling. The surveys would be in the zones that supply that resource, and I would adjust the writ reward drop rates so they pretty much always get either a survey or a crate of refined material. There are other issues, like how to get started with writs and how to handle an increase in passive level, how much the player should need supplement writ rewards with active farming/buying of resources, etc.

Edit: fixed auto-correct/predictive-text issues and clarified some statements.
    Edited by Elsonso on September 6, 2016 3:40PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your time.

I don't like the perk, as stated, because it simply means that the game world is even less consistent and bends more to the needs of the game play. To me, there is less harmony between the two and the world simply becomes the more of a painted set piece that provides only the visual backdrop. It's purpose is only so that you don't see the back wall of the stage. Yes, it meets the game play requirements by providing a mechanical solution to the problem at hand.

I feel that, in any RPG game, the game world and game mechanics are of equal importance. I want these things to stay in balance because they are both reasons for playing the game. In other types of games, the game world can be a backdrop that exists only for the purpose of appearance.

The current resource node decisions make the game mechanics more important than the game world, likely in an effort to solve insolvable problems with game play.

As you stated, there are three different goals for crafting resources, and the bad part is that these are often mutually exclusive and can change based on the current situation. The player who wants to make armor and weapons for their character wants resources that can be used to make those. The player who wants to level a crafting skills wants resources that will do writs. It is easy to see why ZOS picked these as they directly address player needs, even if they had to do it in a manner where half the time they player was not getting what they wanted. The third option is the one where people farm or craft for people who cannot, or do not, want to do it for themselves, and this could be considered a niche scenario, especially if making a single player MMO game.

Because I come at this from a "world-game balance" perspective, my thought is to make the resource nodes specific to geography, and then work to solve the other two problems. To me, if I have to have a RNG node in a ZOS environment, the first order of business would be to provide 50% zone level resource and 50% character level resource. This allows characters to get what the need for personal crafting anywhere in the world while also allowing any character to be able to get any resource.

The solution to the needs of the crafter is a modification of what ZOS is doing today. Rather than giving out a crate of some random resource, give them refined crafting materials that they can use for the next writ. Make the crafting surveys only give out raw resources at crafting passive level. In this way, characters doing writs are more self sufficient while they are leveling. The surveys would be in the zones that supply that resource, and I would adjust the drop rates so they pretty much always get either a survey or a crate of refined material. There are other issues, like how to get started with writs and how to handle an increase in passive level, how much the player should need supplement writ rewards with active farming/buying of resources, etc.
    I think of it this way - in the scaled zones, different characters see different mats in the world because of what they're looking for. Currently, in scaled zones characters always look for their crafting or character level (that's the game rule), and so that's what they find (they "overlook" the others). But a master crafter would now also get the "ability" to look for whatever past level they already mastered, and if they chose to look for those, that's what they'd find. It isn't changing the world, it's changing the character behavior. So I don't see it bending the world to gameplay any more than what they've already done in the scaled zones.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they should just make it that we can use any crafting material at any level, just need more of them.

Leave the nodes alone or have them be a mix of mats. Use the Material Passives to reduce the amount needed, as in the initial amount of Steel is say twice or three times what it is now, but use the L2 Material Passive, and it is the amount it is now in Live. That way we still have a reason for investing in the material passive other than for writ reasons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think of it this way - in the scaled zones, different characters see different mats in the world because of what they're looking for. Currently, in scaled zones characters always look for their crafting or character level (that's the game rule), and so that's what they find (they "overlook" the others). But a master crafter would now also get the "ability" to look for whatever past level they already mastered, and if they chose to look for those, that's what they'd find. It isn't changing the world, it's changing the character behavior. So I don't see it bending the world to gameplay any more than what they've already done in the scaled zones.

My point is that they have already bent the world and I am trying to get them to see a way to unbend it. I view this from the perspective of how the world should work, in the context of the world they created. This, in turn, is a view from my perspective about how the world and the game should be in harmony for an RPG game.

In the real world, when you need groceries, you drive to the grocery store. You don't get there and find that it is a gas station half the time, "overlook" it, and continue on to the next place you saw a grocery store. Worlds rarely work that way, but Tamriel in ESO does when it comes to resources. Yesterday, when I stopped by an ore node it was iron, but today it is ebony. In an hour, it might be iron, again. The world bends to the needs of game design and with no other reason than that.

More specific to your point, as a master geologist in the real world, you know where to find specific rocks and you go there to find them. You don't just find whatever rock you are looking for next to the road simply because you are a master geologist. You know you are not going to find diamonds alongside the road because you happen to be a master geologist. Most worlds do not work that way. It is very unusual.

In a point that you did not cover; when you are learning about limestone, half the rocks you come across are not going to be limestone just because that is what you are learning right now. When you advance to granite, you don't suddenly find there is no more limestone to be found among the piles of granite that have suddenly appeared.

A well thought out persistent world does not work this way unless there is a good reason that a world should work this way. In ESO, the world works this way because that is how the game play needs the world to work. The world bends to accommodate what is essentially an arbitrary need designed to address an arbitrary problem with game design. No further thought is given to it.

Don't get me wrong... The solution you provide is a good game mechanic for a game where the world just needs to be a backdrop for the larger game. I don't view that as a property of an RPG game like ESO.

I do want to point out that it is likely that my perspective is represented inside the studio. None of what I say here is particularly original or revolutionary. It was just not the prevailing opinion on the matter. I don't expect ZOS to change until the people who made the decisions have reason to change. Those who dislike what I am saying can rest easy.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Actually, they should just make it that we can use any crafting material at any level, just need more of them.

Leave the nodes alone or have them be a mix of mats. Use the Material Passives to reduce the amount needed, as in the initial amount of Steel is say twice or three times what it is now, but use the L2 Material Passive, and it is the amount it is now in Live. That way we still have a reason for investing in the material passive other than for writ reasons.

This gets into crafting as a whole. Generally speaking, the mechanics behind crafting in ESO are solid. The player can craft at any level. They can improve upon crafted items to make them better, within the specific level. There is sufficient complexity such that it allows for variation and character growth. It is simple enough to understand, although they need better tool tips to help with this.

What I would change about crafting, upon refinement of the crafting skills, is the interaction between different resources and how that changes the outcome. I would make blacksmithing and clothing more like alchemy in that the benefits come from mixing resources, and that knowledge is driven by skill points. Weapons and armor are stronger due to the mixture. Metal alloys. Weaves and layers of cloth and leather.

Woodworking is fine as it is, as are enchanting and provisioning.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the material changes please don't change it for a vocal minority they will adjust.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First my opinion on some things being thrown around. The current system is perfect for new/casual players. As they adventure and as they naturally level, they will continuously come across crafting nodes with level and/or crafting skill appropriate materials. Putting particular nodes in particular zones ONLY is not in the best interest of what One Tamriel is trying to accomplish.

But One Tamriel is making particular sets drop only in particular zones, so how is keeping resources the same way not in it's best interest?

This though:

is a fantastic idea. May be the best one I've heard. ZOS listen to this one!
    Edited by Holycannoli on September 6, 2016 6:09PM
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    This may be the wrong thread but I can't find anywhere else better.

I'll had a look at the new alliance styles in the crown store. They look really good, especially the Covenant and Pact sets, however the dominion yellow is a bit washed out. The horse is OK but the clothes are a bit drab. Would it be possible to use a more vibrant yellow.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First my opinion on some things being thrown around. The current system is perfect for new/casual players. As they adventure and as they naturally level, they will continuously come across crafting nodes with level and/or crafting skill appropriate materials. Putting particular nodes in particular zones ONLY is not in the best interest of what One Tamriel is trying to accomplish.

But One Tamriel is making particular sets drop only in particular zones, so how is keeping resources the same way not in it's best interest?

I see the point, but having the perfect set is not essential at all to character leveling or skill leveling. Having the "aha" moment of where sets drop is perfectly acceptable a hundred hours into the game while finally figuring out where that level 10 woodworking drop is 100 hours into the game is far too late.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [

So when the changes make it less fun and 3x more time consuming for people to do the same thing they do now, they get a little riled up!

Sigh... every update that makes any significant change will FOR SOME PEOPLE make what they do now less effective and often less fun.

That doesn't mean it makes any less sense to do it. While a few people will either find things less fun or less efficient than the way it is now on the broader whole game level MOST people will be better served by tieing resources in to need - nodes scale to characters - getting back to the efficiency we had when the progression of characters levels was strict linear geography and the progression of mat nodes was also.

But i still say, the better approach to "fixing" the less fun and less efficient" is NOT TO SAY WHOA LETS NOT MAKE THE CHANGE" but instead to say "hey lets let crafters use their high end mats they now get everywhere to make any level gear."

that way, the mass of people are served by always getting relevant mats everywhere anytime AND the master crtafters can harvest ANYWHERE ANYTIME and get mats they can use on any level of gear. Many will be well served by the constant link between MATS in and MATS needed on a larger economy thing.

Oh but wait... that wont solve the problem that if everyone everywhere gets effective mats it will be harder for master crafters to harvest gold off players who dont have their own mats.

Hmmm...
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This though:

is a fantastic idea. May be the best one I've heard. ZOS listen to this one!

Sorry... but for my money the better idea is to not make the master crafters choose between which mat they want to harvest but to simply remove the minimal level on mats so the master crafters can always gather top tier mats and use them to craft ANY level of gear.

thats a lot simpler to manage long term and has an analogous change already put in - remember when they overhauled enchant nodes they removed the upper limit?

How would it be better to harvest KRESH that only works on three levels of gear cap than to harvest ancestor silk and have it usable on ANY level of gear cap?

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know that this is just me being selfish, but...

1. When I do high level writs I want high level materials in return. I don't want the random chance to get the relatively useless (to me) 25 low level materials.

2. I don't want surveys that take me out of my writ destination. I don't need to be bullied into seeing the rest of Tamriel, I've seen it all already, and we already have things like DB quests. ZoS might want to force me to visit far flung places, but I imagine that's more for their convenience than mine (most likely to cover up a lack of new content).

3. Almost all of my crafting uses high level materials. The current system works perfectly me for me in the new DLCs because I get a full quota of high level materials. I don't want low level materials - particularly if I'm given them instead of high level materials - but I don't see why they can't be found in what once were low-level zones.

4. If they are going to change writs then why not take it as an opportunity to be imaginative? Give a bonus for adding a trait to gear; give a bonus for enchantments that require more than just Ta; give a bonus for tripots and using blue recipes.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Sigh... every update that makes any significant change will FOR SOME PEOPLE make what they do now less effective and often less fun.

That doesn't mean it makes any less sense to do it. While a few people will either find things less fun or less efficient than the way it is now on the broader whole game level MOST people will be better served by tieing resources in to need - nodes scale to characters - getting back to the efficiency we had when the progression of characters levels was strict linear geography and the progression of mat nodes was also.

But i still say, the better approach to "fixing" the less fun and less efficient" is NOT TO SAY WHOA LETS NOT MAKE THE CHANGE" but instead to say "hey lets let crafters use their high end mats they now get everywhere to make any level gear."

that way, the mass of people are served by always getting relevant mats everywhere anytime AND the master crtafters can harvest ANYWHERE ANYTIME and get mats they can use on any level of gear. Many will be well served by the constant link between MATS in and MATS needed on a larger economy thing.

Oh but wait... that wont solve the problem that if everyone everywhere gets effective mats it will be harder for master crafters to harvest gold off players who dont have their own mats.

Hmmm...
    You reply to me, but it appears you've haven't actually read what I've written. First, I've never said to keep the mats the same as now - in fact, I've said (in another thread that you are also involved in) that is not a workable solution! And secondly, I don't craft anything for money - I do it for free, including mats, for myself and my friends (exactly the example I gave that you quoted)! Why do I do it? Because that's the most fun for everyone involved - and I want to keep it that way!

Please note that I don't think the system is unworkable, I'm just hoping for a better solution that will only broaden the appeal of the change.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry... but for my money the better idea is to not make the master crafters choose between which mat they want to harvest but to simply remove the minimal level on mats so the master crafters can always gather top tier mats and use them to craft ANY level of gear.

thats a lot simpler to manage long term and has an analogous change already put in - remember when they overhauled enchant nodes they removed the upper limit?

How would it be better to harvest KRESH that only works on three levels of gear cap than to harvest ancestor silk and have it usable on ANY level of gear cap?

Because the cp160 mats are too valuable to be used on lower level gear. You need 10x the amount of them for cp160 crafting, so who's going to waste that on low level gear?
  • bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    The value of the tier 10 mats will drop because of the market being flooded by the majority of the CP160+ players who can only harvest tier 10 nodes.
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because the cp160 mats are too valuable to be used on lower level gear. You need 10x the amount of them for cp160 crafting, so who's going to waste that on low level gear?

OMG...

So because ruby whatevers are so valuable one should spend time harvesting kreash to craft the low level gear all these master crafters are worked up about instead of harvesting ruby which could be used for the same thing and more?

this makes no sense!!!!!!!!!

Again what i said was

the only difference in my proposal is kresh would say take 9 mats vs 12 for ruby but the time spent jumping zones to get kresh plus the loss of tier 10 mats anytime you were outside of "top zones" for all the worldwide quests would further cut down.

I stand by my statement - for those who want to be 10-10 and harvest mats useful to low level crafting, the better rule change to any locked zone options is to get the lower limit on crafting mats dropped so you could "suffer" thru ALWAYS harvesting top tier mats everywhere AND still get to use them when needed for low level gear.

Locked zones (ie taking away useful mats from other harvesters in many zones) is only better for harvesting gold off other players who you get to buy mats off you.

Fortunately i cannot fathom ANY chance ZOS will wreck their OneT design with zone locked mats.

unfortunately, with the base "seemingly" so divided its dubious they will settle on any immediate fix.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [

Hmmm...
    You reply to me, but it appears you've haven't actually read what I've written. First, I've never said to keep the mats the same as now - in fact, I've said (in another thread that you are also involved in) that is not a workable solution! And secondly, I don't craft anything for money - I do it for free, including mats, for myself and my friends (exactly the example I gave that you quoted)! Why do I do it? Because that's the most fun for everyone involved - and I want to keep it that way!

Please note that I don't think the system is unworkable, I'm just hoping for a better solution that will only broaden the appeal of the change.

I am all for improvements.
    i see the scaled everywhere mats as a necessity for the new game world.
    I also believe the narrow range of mat-to-gear-cap is as outdated as zone-locked mats and SHOULD be dropped but even if it isnt we will be in a much better place with all scaled nodes.

My only real objection to having a "harvest toggle" so you can pick what mats one harevsts is its a waste. WHY have to toggle, why have to track inventories of dozens of of mat levels, force the addition of a new element when you can just remove an existing limit and keep existing screen elements and accomplish the same net result?

As an example, i argued a while back that in thieves troves you havee "shipment boxes". these contain basically a ten pack of generic loot. I have to then open them separately. My suggestion was "just list the sellable goods in the trove? Save me the extra clicks. its needless complication.

Same here? Why have a "gimme kresh instead of ancestral silk" setting instead of saying "silk can do what kresh does too?"

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your time.

You have the best idea

Thanks for your time.

Agreed with your proposal..or leave the system as it is right now. All the nodes of the base game must remain the same. DLC must be scaled. But I'm ok with @Demonoid opinion too.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed with your proposal..or leave the system as it is right now. All the nodes of the base game must remain the same. DLC must be scaled. But I'm ok with @Demonoid opinion too.

just to be clear i understand.

So in OneT if i decide to go to my "silver zone" to start my quest thru levels 3-50, then i wont be harvesting ANY mats relevent to my character level or useful at all and will be harvesting kresh and those stuff and thats what you think must happen?

if i dont own DLCs i dont get access to farming tier 10 mats?
    craglorn stays limited to tier 9?
    When i get mage guild and fighter guild quests to different zones to level those guild skills, i get mats set to those zones regardless of what my gear cap level is?

Even tho the the enitire original linear flow from zone to zone of content and character leveling is gone, we must keep the nodes as they were built back then to match that specific now extinct leveling scheme?

Am i reading this right?
    Edited by STEVIL on September 9, 2016 9:44AM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    I feel since all strength named Soul Gems are being revoked and replaced with 'Grand' Soul Gems, they may as well lose the 'Grand' part too, since the Soul Skill line and loading tips all say to use Soul Gems, they no longer need to be Grand since it no longer refers to a strength tier.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONE TAMRIEL
    • Treasure chests found from a Treasure Map have a guaranteed chance to drop one random set piece that can drop in that zone.

They still don't drop set items (tested just a few minutes ago).
    Treasure_Map.png

Terrible job with the set loot tables so far.
    Guild dailies don't drop set items, CE treasure maps don't drop set items, yet you can grind all day in front of a boss or dolmen and get a full set in a matter of hours.

Questing and exploration have ZERO rewards.
    Grinding and camping get ALL the rewards.

GG ZOS.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure under which feedback catagory I should post this, but this thread seemed the most appropriate.

Female Facial hair -spicifically eyelash accesories- removes bosmer antlers when worn.I don't know if this is intended but antlers being catagorised as facial hair doesn't sit right with me. Could you guys please consider moving antlers, horns and such to a different catagory? My characters antlers are an iconic feature and she would like lashes that go with her dress but doesn't force her to cut off her beautiful antlers that she's polished and grown for so many years ;)
    Edited by elven.were_wolf on September 16, 2016 11:07AM
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • L0rd0fAngmar
    L0rd0fAngmar
    Soul Shriven
    One thing I would like to point out, about the one tamriel update, is its effect on equipment crafting writs for those of us who aren't subbed and don't own the Wrothgar DLC.

All of us who have max crafting and are cp 160 will find no cp90-140 nodes in the world to use to complete our writs. Why should we be forced to respec if we want to find those cp-90-140 nodes? And not to mention if we use multiple characters to do the writs every day, we go through very large amounts of those materials. Farming will take up all of those players time then, they will have no time to do anything else, and that's not fun.