Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HQnJ2OtVw
yes, a very naive melody :)

initially I had tried to kick off the conversation with questions on a bunch of random topics...

love to fight, carry scrolls, gank, defend, attack, pour oil on folks, repair keep walls til your fingers bleed - this is your thread...

love hearing big and little battle stories, as well as observations concerning the interaction between the alliances in this campaign - who doesn't love a good bridge fight...

big IC fan...at this point i wanna apologize right now for anything weird or crazy i may have done in IC (or for any future stuff)...I'm pretty laid back in cyro - IC has a way of getting me fired up on occasion...

hmmmmm, is it really true cyro reveals whom you want to be, and, IC reveals who you truly are...

if you want - say what's up, and if you like - let us all know what's up...

anyhow - enjoy, and, happy gaming trails...

bonus question: if any one knows where the reference "loose tales" (spelt differently) comes from - you'll win...ummmm, my undying admiration?
Edited by geonsocal on June 23, 2023 2:36AM
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a little something you might enjoy reading about, fight was in Haderus about 2 weeks ago, I'll put it in spoiler tags since its a long one taken from another thread;
    Not really anything amusing to say. But I'll indulge

Sunday night the emperor-ship of a guild mate was threatened in Haderus. I sent out the call to tell him to get out of the Sewers and come back up top to defend the last 4 remaining keeps. By the time he got there, blues gained momentum and pushed really hard towards Alessia where their scroll was. Red was pushing to bottle neck us at Alessia at the same time. So now we're at the last Emp keep.

I had to /yell out enemy sightings quite often in those 3 hours. We had multiple blue 20+ man ball groups stack up on Alessia farm. Thankfully I had experience in this kind of fight. To explain, Alessia's back walls facing the farm are tricky to defend, the blues would stand on top of that hill and fire down siege. I had to coordinate our forces using /yell to help guide them where they needed to repair, since they can hit the 3 walls and flag the keep for their massive army to move in. We had attempts to push up the hill and flank it on the Westside, but those pushes rarely ever work going up those steep hills, you just get burned alive by projectiles. So the best thing to do here, was to repair the walls and harass them the best we could since an all out assault up that hill is suicide.

If you have a huge zerg you're fighting uphill against, you first don't want to let them in. So when they had a big push and broke one wall down I had to call for my group to immediately put up oils 2 on each side of the breach. A group mate and I ran oils on opposite side and we had men standing in the breach shooting arrows, anti-personnel siege, and magic at them through the breach. This fight went out for about 20 minutes and I call for our guys to take care of the guys manning the siege close to the back of where Alessa's Farm ends. The emperor himself pushed out hard, taking out the siege and the rest of AD followed and wiped them out. We had a couple more Skirmishes til well past 12am EST, but when I woke up next morning we still had Emperor.

It felt pretty good to help coordinate that fight, even though I wasn't technically crown or that someone who usually calls the shots. I know from experience just how hard it is to defend Alessia on that side and just knew it was the right time to help out coordinating the effort to keep Emperor. I saw our Emperors Alliance Rank yesterday and I think he got Grand Overlord thanks to keeping Alessia last night. So grats to him.

Are there really any differences between the alliances?
    Organization is the biggest player in Scourge right now. If your group is a sharp as a tack it'll get pretty far and annoy a lot of enemies.

What do you enjoy most about this campaign?
    While lag and big fights go hand in hand when a large fights break out, they tend to be pretty fun to play in if the lag is manageable

If you could change one or two things about this campaign, what would it be?
    More active reds/yellow in off hours, better coordination that is about it

Does it annoy you to see players with multiple characters in different alliances?
    I'm actually more curious as to why they switch, maybe those who do can give us an explanation in the thread? As someone who does not do this, I genuinely want to know why.

How mad does it make you that the only alliance that ever gets end of campaign reward gear is DC?
    I honestly don't care, gear isn't the only thing that builds a good player

Do you enjoy mic’ing up while in random groups (outside of guild channels)?
    I tend to group with like minded people

Favorite place to fight (although the action is sparse – I love the layout of cheydinhal)?
    Doesn't matter honestly, as long as the fights are fun and I can get a res

Best pvp guilds per alliance?
    Hard to say

Does anyone else from DC call the IC merchant “[SNIP]?
    I only play on AD in PvP so I don't understand this outside of its context
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 20, 2016 6:17PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner ...thanks for the feedback and for sharing that Alessia battle - much appreciated ...

the cool thing about reading it - is that it's very easy to visualize the whole layout of Alessia (a lot of times to get that keep you have to attack from at least two different sides)...after 30 minutes or so in a single fight, it feels like I've been there forever (was playing EP last night and we stayed in Chapman keep with one of the side door walls down for about 15 - 20 minutes - we finally were able to clear the keep)...I can imagine 3 hours of plugging holes must have been crazy...whew...

maybe about six months ago I consolidated all my characters into one campaign (I have 2 in each alliance)...at the time my inspiration for that was the arena district map (IC) in Azura's Star - it was consistent bedlam and melee's, and, i just really enjoyed the consistency of the experience...it was a little inconvenient for my AD characters because of their particular platform placement (DC and EP platforms literally face one another with a small area of seperation)...it was an excellent place to practice and play (i'll still hang out there from time to time)...

I solo pvp mostly - so for me playing multiple alliance characters in a single alliance is no big deal...for whatever particular banner I'm rocking at the moment - i'm all in and doing my best to support my alliance (it doesn't matter whom I'm fighting against or working with - as long as I'm fighting >:) )...it does make me more conscious about not taunting other players too much, heck I may need them to rezz me the next day...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah - almost forgot...there's an argonian merchant in the DC IC base named 'Licks-His-Claws'...yeah so, there it is :)
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    who would go to work and pay taxes if red/yellow started playing off hours?
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @Takes-No-Prisoner ...thanks for the feedback and for sharing that Alessia battle - much appreciated ...

the cool thing about reading it - is that it's very easy to visualize the whole layout of Alessia (a lot of times to get that keep you have to attack from at least two different sides)...after 30 minutes or so in a single fight, it feels like I've been there forever (was playing EP last night and we stayed in Chapman keep with one of the side door walls down for about 15 - 20 minutes - we finally were able to clear the keep)...I can imagine 3 hours of plugging holes must have been crazy...whew...

Speaking of plugging holes, Roebeck got that this past weekend on Scourge. If you were online this past Saturday from 10am EST - 1pm EST you might of seen a bunch of lag. We had multiple blue raids hit up Roebeck several times. EP pushed and took our home keeps and scrolls so you might have been there/saw the messages of the scrolls being taken. I'll give you the run down on that since that was a big complex fight. Wall of text incoming... I'll cover it with spoilers.
    We were pushing towards Nikel and took it a couple of times, and I think we took Ash around 9am EST. Around 10am we had a big push south from the blues who took back Ash. I had to send out zone messages to get AD bodies to come to Roebeck to defend. Around 30 minutes later, we had DC hitting the front door of Roebeck with a 40 man group. Another group appeared and rode towards the mine-- took it, then proceeded to take down mine side wall(s). 15 Minutes go by and Blue was having a hard time with both walls. Wiped the Mine side group, couldn't get the front door group to stop.

I troll repaired the front door 3 times in a span of 15 minutes. This kept the front door blues from getting into the inner keep walls. Those blues at mine side that wiped appeared again with another group. So now we have around 80-100 blues outside of Roebeck. It was too much. Mine wall came down, then the front door, then the lumberside wall closest to the farm went down one after the other. I called for everyone to get inside the keep quickly we were getting heavily out numbered.

Red starts showing up since we're going into a 1h 30m battle against blue here. Alessia gets taken by red by now and they're on their way to Faregyl at this point. Blues are hitting mine side and front door at the same time at this point. I let AD know I was going to Ninja my way out of the fortress and onto the exterior where I was planning to cut off the Covenant's flow of troops. I got the Farm/LM side wall 105k health-- enough to put her up slightly and keep troops out. Had trouble with front door-- was being raided by small EP parties and I had a low level Sorc harass me a couple of times. Eventually died to a blue party. They turned around and sent 22 man group to deal with the 10 reds that entered Roebeck.

Resurrected at a camp outside. Snuck into the inner to re group, mine side wall was down and front door was mostly clear. I sneaked out of the front door, past the blues and finally repaired the front door-- around 60k HP, enough to close it. Got spotted then had to trick 8 blues to stop following me by playing a little game of hide and seek.

Once that was over, I creeped over to mine side breech where the largest group was at, and where their reinforcement train was coming from. This fight got interesting because by the time I showed up a sizable force of EP was trying to flank the Covenant from East side-- the side facing Alessia Castle. This opened a nice opportunity for me to do my repairing. Went for it. Once I got the wall up to 57k health they were cut off. The AD behind me at the breach immediately starts repairing inner. They already knew as much as I did this distraction and having the outter cut off is just enough breathing room to get our momentum back on track.

The EP eventually got wiped about 5 minutes later, there was waay to many DC for them to really do what they were planning-- flank n' flip Roebeck for Emperor. DC has men already working on the outter again, by the time it goes down we have oils over the breach. 10 minutes of exchange fire goes through and I on my oil look over at the 30 man group of DC and it hits me. They were losing their resolve to fight, their momentum and endurance where waning. It showed by how they hesitated to rush in. AD gathered up on the breach and I screamed out to them via Text Chat to push DC hard. 40-50 AD RUSHED out of the breach and steam rolled the remaining DC and kept going all the way to the mine.

We got like a 12k Tick from Reobeck when all was said and done. And at this point, red had Altadoon and Mnem, and all of our home keeps. I felt bad after words seeing our keeps wrecked up by Red.

Yeah I don't make enemies necessarily either. No tea bagging no nothing. Always res the dead, even if they use to run EP or DC. All 3 alliances seem to have problems with people who flip-flop to other characters on opposing alliances. 'Spys' and all that. It's created gaps between people who decide later on they want to fight against an alliance they use to be apart of. While the truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter. My mindset is---They are fighting for my alliance now, so lets work with them and build something instead of tearing it down.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 15, 2016 6:27PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner ...dang - you're like a war correspondent (it definitely helps that you write so well)...I love it!!!...I'm glad there are folks like yourself in this campaign...

you mentioned sneaking around a few times - what type character are you playing?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner ...dang - you're like a war correspondent (it definitely helps that you write so well)...I love it!!!...I'm glad there are folks like yourself in this campaign...

you mentioned sneaking around a few times - what type character are you playing?

StamNightblade. It's not all about hitting the cloak button either. It is actually challenging to sneak out of the keep and not get caught by the enemy. Anyone can hide and sneak out to repair walls honestly, but it's not getting caught that's the hardest part. Definitely easier with cloak no matter how you cut it, but still hard.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @socivL ...howdy, what kind of character you playing on - which alliance(s) you playing for?
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    the color and design in their banners.

the behavior of adults acting like children, some are really paranoid. i like seeding ideas into people that are easily susceptible to paranoid thoughts. i.g. this guy in the group hasn't been on mic the entire time - he's spying on us communicating with another alliance - look at his level.

i'd like to see all of the alliances come together and resolve their conflict so we call finally live in peace as one.

Does it annoy you to see players with multiple characters in different alliances?
    it sure does buddy!

How mad does it make you that the only alliance that ever gets end of campaign reward gear is DC?
    it's really hard to get mad at a video game don't you think?
    everyone that finishes in a certain tier at the end of this campaign gets rewards. i get rewards and i barely play.

eh, i dont really care - i just say as many trigger words as possible, it's funny to hear mic tears though. i sure like being a bully.

Favorite place to fight
    ep spawn base/area in the north east and east part of the map in the far corner of cyrodiil.

the biggest zerg group that rolls 40 on 5 and then tea-bags, this can be for any alliance.
    classy stuff.
    i still remember the first and only time i've ever won a combat. i tea-bagged for hours until my RL *** were numb.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah - almost forgot...there's an argonian merchant in the DC IC base named 'Licks-His-Claws'...yeah so, there it is :)

I do kinda want to hear the story of how he got his 'revised' name.
    socivL wrote: »
    who would go to work and pay taxes if red/yellow started playing off hours?

mmmm True I guess
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 15, 2016 9:06PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with you about the differences in the alliances - on the rare occasions I do mic up, it kills me to hear folks talk smack about the other alliances...seriously what are they thinking - they got androids or Martians playing over there...no, they have crazy, wonderful and geeky people playing over there, just like us...

what's the thing about your level?

personally I like that you like messing with folks - it makes the game sooooooo much more interesting (if I really just wanted to do my own thing in a bubble - I'd play fallout 4 more)...

any particular reason you don't like alliance swapping - i get that vibe from a lot of players...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw man, nothing that interesting - like some weird npc animations...I read today there's an npc over by shark's grotto in hew's bane that pea's against a wall - gotta go see that...sounds like a perfect candidate for the blade of woe >:)...

I play about twice a week with a good buddy from jr high - were both old aarp age farts now, but, he definitely brings out the juvenile in me...

one day when we were playing in IC and taking care of business in the home base I happened by Licks-His-Claws and started shouting out over the mic excitedly - hey look, it's[SNIP]s...yeah, my buddy didn't really see too much amusement in it - but, it still gets me every time I see that crazy argonian...
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 20, 2016 6:17PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yellow seems to have given up on Scourge. Otherwise, no.

It's always populated by all three factions. There are large battles. There is a good mix of skill levels.

Alliance lock for the duration of the campaign. No multiple characters of different alliances.

Yes, very much. As a filthy casual I don't have time to level up alts and progress in Cyrodiil for each faction. Too many of the better players simply switch to the winning team. It reminds me of middle school dodgeball where all the best players want to be on the same team. It doesn't make for much of a contest and it sucks for everyone else.

Not mad at all. I'm AD but DC runs a coordinated campaign. They seem to have a cohesive strategy and the numbers to execute it.

Not at all. I'll do it to listen to the group leader but I can't stand the music players, loud chewers, whiners, the constant use of the word f*g and its derivatives. It's 2016, do we still need to talk like that all the time?

Favorite place to fight (although the action is sparse – I love the layout of cheydinhal)?
    The best place to fight is the breach of a castle with a large siege group and a large defensive group. Both sides have a forward camp and battles move in and outside of the castle walls. Those are great.

No idea. I think when Council of Hydra (AD) gets together on Scourge that they do pretty well. There are some DC guilds that just wreck shop and seem to be very well coordinated. I am not familiar with any EP guilds. (No offense to EP, I'm just a filthy casual)

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Not at all. I'll do it to listen to the group leader but I can't stand the music players, loud chewers, whiners, the constant use of the word f*g and its derivatives. It's 2016, do we still need to talk like that all the time?

I am so happy to hear you say that - that's EXACTLY how I feel - i really mean that, exactly how I feel...I've been a little hesitant to bring that up - but, it's one of the reasons I rarely group...seriously, I had kinda hoped homophobic and sexist comments had started to fade away in the 2000's - it's incredible just how comfortable some people are spewing that filth out of their mouths, I work in a warehouse, spent a bunch of time in the military, I'm fine with "colorful" language - that hate stuff is like poison in my ears...whew, time to calm down - see, this is why I never brought it up myself...

for myself (6 characters/2 each side) - i play a particular character based on how I feel...last night I played my magsorc (is it just me - or does that character type simply get increasingly hard to solo pvp each and every day :# ) whom is AD - we were getting crushed the whole time I was on...

I understand how you feel though - especially with talk of some players stealing scrolls for the other sides (it's hard for me to understand that action)...

I tend to stay away from the breaches unless I'm playing one of my templars (I have them both in heavy armor)...it's definitely a pretty intense setting...

Thanks for kicking in :)
    Edited by geonsocal on September 16, 2016 9:19PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

I'm the same way, I also re frame from using foul language as much as possible. Sometimes a "Oh Crap" will pop out if something surprises or excites me, but outside of that...foul language just makes the one using it look uneducated and have no class at all.

Blaming others is a big one I see a lot in Zone chat, not sure you have that turned on or not. AD so quick to judge it's own players and then sling nasty language all over the place. It's really a big problem for AD.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 20, 2016 4:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's every alliance...the last time I mic'd up in group (DC) there was this guy who started off complaining about no one asking him to group - after about 5 minutes of listening to him - i could understand why :D

man @Takes-No-Prisoner we were sure getting our AD butts handed to us last night...I know it's gonna be a tough night when I'm fighting at one of the starting zone gates...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's every alliance...the last time I mic'd up in group (DC) there was this guy who started off complaining about no one asking him to group - after about 5 minutes of listening to him - i could understand why :D

man @Takes-No-Prisoner we were sure getting our AD butts handed to us last night...I know it's gonna be a tough night when I'm fighting at one of the starting zone gates...

I wasn't on last night 1.0 But that sounds like Team Purple is PvDooring us again

Gotta roll through the punches and push north
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did have a little fun using my magsorc as bait at the gate (which is ironic because that's my least gank proof build)...there were a couple of yellow NB's roaming around the front of the gate and I could just feel some red NB'S in the area...went out the gate unstealthed and started playing the flute for a few seconds and lo and behold three reds came to get me...it was cool to clear that area for a little bit - a little less cool that one of the yellow NB had to rezz me cuz I got totally wrecked ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well - for the second night in a row I've picked a character that's spent the evening on the run...

playing DC (need to level up a a character to get him in some new gear just crafted), started out at Chalman, now I'm hanging out at rayles waiting for EP to come for our last scroll...

we'll - they're here (EP just took the mine)...back to work...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 17, 2016 10:08PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a chance to play EP this morning - maybe it's just me, but, it feels like they have the most success at keeping their concentrated numbers up...

much more fun playing DC in IC - no matter which side I play, it seems about 80% or so of the people I run in to get it...mainly that pvp isn't just some bloodlust thing where you swing wildly and try to kill everything on sight - it's more a build versus build, skill/experience versus skill/experience...really good time - thanks to all that were there...

good to see you out there fighting the good fight for EP @socivL...
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great to see a current PS4/NA/Scourge discussion here! I've been an "EP" faithful since the game launched, and I joined Scourge in July. I'm an over-50 gamer rolling with slow reflexes and a somewhat squishy stam nightblade (I suspect my k/d radio's about 1/50...lol) but I do have a lot of fun.

EP on Scourge can be frustrating though. Late last night I watched as 30+ EP players, mostly randoms, spent an hour sieging their own lumbermill at Arrius obsessing over a handful of farmers while the Pact lost Kingscrest, Farragut and most of their self-respect. They're like moths to a flame and it's a common sight.

I sense that EP is low on leadership. There are just a couple of major PVP guilds rolling and when the leaders aren't on, it's a large and loose collection of unfocused randoms many of whom spend far too much time trash-talking in text chat and no time at all trying to work together. I belong to one large Scourge PVP guild, but I'd say I spend 50% of my time rolling solo.

When the leaders are on, though, we're a force to be reckoned with. I suppose to an outside observer it looks like zerging but the co-ordination and objectives are far more nuanced than they may appear. Plus, when you're trying to push a keep defended by 30 or so, only a large offensive group can hope to prevail. Happily, the few leaders we have are campaign-score focused with close attention given to the scoring evaluations, keeps and resources owned, and how to maximize those bonuses each hour. So there is some method to the madness.

@geonsocal I think I saw you briefly in battle outside Chalman west side Friday night on your DC :)

Honestly, I'd be curious to run with another alliance but I just don't think I have the patience grind up all-new characters again. I often wonder if DC and AD are afflicted with the same issues I experience on EP though...
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard from AD last night that certain people are switching DC, EP and sometimes AD during this campaign so they can continuously get AP and push everyone's keeps. Is that why red is leading? Hard to say, but night capping is helping their score.

I honestly don't know why a guild would flip flop. I mean I guess if you want to be hated by everyone, sure why not 1.0
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 19, 2016 2:54PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. People are gonna act like people, regardless.

It's a 30 day campaign where all resources are worth something. Azuras was totally destroyed when it went no CP and the other campaigns are full of resources that don't actually count for anything.

I'd like to see resources have more variations on their point value based on their strategic importance.

Depends on their motive. I think a big chunk of them are bandwagoners.

It's cool. I'm trying to think back to when I got a reward that made me think, yeah that was worth the 30 days lag.

I only use the mic in group/guild chat. I'm not interested in listening to a dog bark or a family discussing their dinner plans.

It's got to be defending at a breach. Inner or outer.

Any that actually knows how to spell the words in their guild name.

Does anyone else from DC call the IC merchant “[SNIP]”?
    I'm AD so not got a clue on that one.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on September 20, 2016 6:18PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @Reivax , hey @dotme ...really good to see you both here B)

my feeling is that for our platform and server - the very most competitive PVPers are here...

I'm definitely not one of the best of the best- but, I sure as heck enjoy watching them play and competing with them...

I've done a few all nighters from time to time - and, it seems our little slice of paradise never really totally shuts down...

if you come across my prone and lifeless body - shoot me an emote :p
    dotme wrote: »
    I'm an over-50 gamer rolling with slow reflexes and a somewhat squishy stam nightblade

Ahhhhhhhhh, that is me...I brought my breton stamblade into cyro when he was 25 - i spent the next 20 levels hiding in bushes and dying all the time...

after I did my first group dungeon with him (spindleglutch) I created a nord templar in heavy armor the next day...

right now I run the typical hunding's, night mother's gaze, agility, warrior stone setup...

I only use 3 divines though- the others are reinforced and impenetrable (better to be the rezzer, than rezzee)...I've got his unbuffed pve DW weapon damage at 3.1k, his bow is 2.8k...

unless I start popping pots - i think for now I'm maxed on damage output (cp360)...

it wasn't until I was able to slow the game down and really take time to watch other NB's do their thing, that I learned how to play that character - many, many, many months learning...I'm in a similar situation with my magsorc now...

I play a lot (too much propably) i think the only thing that keeps me from burning out on the game is that I have 6 different characters to play (I switch up every few hours)...

the coolest thing with all my characters is that my non-vets (with all their cp and pvp combat scaling bonuses) are just as strong as my vets (just with less abilities - however, there are more than a few "end game" abilities you can acquire early on)...

I hope to see you both out there fighting the good fight...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG shout out to everyone playing in IC this weekend - had a great time...

it filled my heart with joy to see the arena district a little bit back to how it was in the old days >:)

Of special note- not once did I see any gankers trying to farm sewer entrances or the area right outside the sewer base doors (full disclosure - I've done this a time or three myself, i don't know, it seemed like a good idea at the time :p )...thank you for your restraint...definitely gave me a good feeling to not see that...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard from AD last night that certain people are switching DC, EP and sometimes AD during this campaign so they can continuously get AP and push everyone's keeps. Is that why red is leading? Hard to say, but night capping is helping their score.

I honestly don't know why a guild would flip flop. I mean I guess if you want to be hated by everyone, sure why not 1.0

honestly, there have been a few times at the end of the campaign where i was shocked to see DC come in first - it seems like most of the time I'm on, EP is hammering everyone...was totally shocked to see them come in third last month...

one of the things this thread has taught me is to be sensitive to how others feel about alliance swapping - i went ahead and dyed all my characters equipment in their alliance colors...just so there's no question which side I'm fighting on :)

of course I had to keep my orc in black and silver (got him the furious personality too)...he just looks so freakin cool now (god I'm such a geek)...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

honestly, there have been a few times at the end of the campaign where i was shocked to see DC come in first - it seems like most of the time I'm on, EP is hammering everyone...was totally shocked to see them come in third last month...

one of the things this thread has taught me is to be sensitive to how others feel about alliance swapping - i went ahead and dyed all my characters equipment in their alliance colors...just so there's no question which side I'm fighting on :)

of course I had to keep my orc in black and silver (got him the furious personality too)...he just looks so freakin cool now (god I'm such a geek)...

I'm not so much of stickler about it, but your loyalty comes into question if you flip flop. On AD, they are pretty adamant about not supporting players who defected from their original alliance. One person in particular, was called out in Zone chat for being a spy to EP. Myself and several other folks I'm in guild with, quickly put water onto that fire as the guy decided to PvP with us and not on his EP this campaign cycle-- something he decided to do himself. While it is none of my business to witch hunt this guy or get into his business, it's certainly not another AD's responsibly to be judgmental to someone who decided what he did. Hes fighting for us, lets let him do just that and see what comes of it. If we can convince him to stay playing AD, great.

Some people are just so hostile to their own faction or towards other people. It's PvP we're here to punch each other in the face, but we're also in a shoddy boat in the middle of the ocean and we need each other if we're going to survive the hurricanes.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice @Takes-No-Prisoner ...I'm glad to hear your thoughts...my understanding of the game has grown exponentially from the input/feedback from the forums...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I only use the mic in group/guild chat. I'm not interested in listening to a dog bark or a family discussing their dinner plans.

my feeling towards that is that most of those people are trying to get away from something, while I'm trying to get in to something...

it seems those breach battles are a lot of folks favorites - for me they're what moves my AP the most...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 19, 2016 8:55PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    couple of tidbits for ya...

started my last character in the campaign...of an interesting note - there were 22 days left in the campaign, it was an AD character and my campaign rank when I first started was 2,300...I'm not sure exactly what that means - it's hard to imagine 2,299 other AD characters rolling through scourge at some point in an 8 day period...

interesting mini adventure last night while playing DC and moving a yellow scroll from Chalman to Ft. Warden...I used my level 44 orc (whom happens to be wearing all heavy)...I had to make a pit stop at bleakers for some stamina draughts cuz I kept gassing out so fast...I can only imagine what a comical sight it must have been for anyone watching - the slowest scroll shuffle in recorded history :)

almost got my first 1v2 finished...I've got the sustain part down pat, just need to up my damage...in the end though, I fumbled my werewolf transform and spaced out and forgot to move away from the storm atronochs they were dropping (if you beat a magsorc in a duel - does it even really count :o )...getting closer though...

happy gaming trails...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 20, 2016 6:10PM