Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for One Tamriel Overland

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to test out the "brand new player" experience as well as I could, so I created a brand new level 1 character (with no CPs obviously - I was very upset to see that someone had already taken the name Testy Mctesterson, so I had to satisfy myself with Sir Testy Testsalot) and played through the Coldharbour tutorial and Khenarthi's Roost, trying to do it as much like a new player as I could (ie. using the first skills that became available to me, using whatever pieces of gear I had drop that seemed like the best idea at the time, and not necessarily sticking with one weapon or one type of armour).

Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content coming out of the starter area, or anywhere else in the game?

The scaling seemed to be pretty well done. The difficulty seemed to be similar to what I remember from PC launch way back when - fighting one mob isn't too dangerous, but fighting 2 or more at once (or a quest boss) felt like there was danger involved. If I was actually a new player who didn't yet have a good handle on when to use different skills, when to light & heavy attack, when to block, and when to interrupt it would be challenging but not overly so.

I don't think everything on the character screen will make sense to a new player anymore though. In particular the "scaled level CP 160" won't make sense to them (maybe if a line was added below it explaining what it means, or a tooltip explaining and telling you where it is in effect and why - it made more sense when only a few zones scaled you, but with every overland zone scaling you it seems more confusing than anything else), and the icon that shows the battle spirit buff seems to have a bug in the tooltip in that it shows you how much bonus health you're getting, as well as how much your damage bonus is, but it shows X instead of numbers for how much you're getting for other bonuses.

Did you notice any issues with the newly-scaled content with a Champion ranked character?

I haven't done that much overland with one of my max-level characters, but what I have done felt about right. Seemed like the content everywhere I went was about what it has been in the DLC zones as far as the scaling.

Do you have any other general feedback?

I thought it was great that by adventuring on the starter island I had a full set of 5 pieces of Trainee gear by level 6. Not necessarily the specific pieces I would choose, but by level 7 I had enough variety that I could play around with what I wanted to use and still keep the 5-piece bonus. That's really excellent for a brand new player, because they're actually getting some loot and quest rewards that are pretty decent pieces, and it will teach them earlier that they'll be better off using gear that's part of a set.

Edit:

Oh, and also I completely agree with this:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    the Navigator NPCs are all that's needed, and they're marked on the city maps. All we need is a pop-up when logging in saying that they exist, so we know to look for them.

For example:

Welcome to One Tamriel!
    Alliance restrictions have been lifted, and you are now able to travel to any zone in Tamriel!

This update opens up the world of Tamriel for you to explore any time, and play with your friends no matter what level you are. To travel to other zones, speak to the new Navigator NPCs, located in the main city of each zone. Navigators can be identified on city maps with the following icons: 20px-ON-icon-Caravan.png20px-ON-mapicon-Dock.png
    Edited by UrQuan on September 7, 2016 3:27AM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I don't think everything on the character screen will make sense to a new player anymore though. In particular the "scaled level CP 160" won't make sense to them (maybe if a line was added below it explaining what it means, or a tooltip explaining and telling you where it is in effect and why - it made more sense when only a few zones scaled you, but with every overland zone scaling you it seems more confusing than anything else), and the icon that shows the battle spirit buff seems to have a bug in the tooltip in that it shows you how much bonus health you're getting, as well as how much your damage bonus is, but it shows X instead of numbers for how much you're getting for other bonuses.
    Agreed. Now that mobs no longer have a visible level, displaying a "scaled level" is unnecessary. Even more so considering the Battle Leveling is now shown as a character buff rather than hidden.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    I like Overland. But can we OFF CP? Pleeeeease, pleeeassee. Make this option for PVE and duels.

tumblr_lhf1ybU3Bl1qafrh6.gif
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • fred.thomsonb16_ESO
    WTB time machine to skip forward 6 months to the game I imagined ESO to be on release. Great update and looking forward to the repercussions duelling will have on balance further down the road, starting to look like something worth subscribing to. *cough* bring back soft caps *cough*
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sure where to talk about overland item acquisition so I'll just leave my feedback here. Ran Storm Haven for about two hours killing every group boss delve and dolmen I could get my hands on. I was trying to farm a full set of storm knight to go with my thunder bug. While I got relatively close I am still 2 pieces away from have a 5/5 set up.

I think overall the public dungeons and dolmens do a great job at delivering loot, but the delves and group bosses take to long to respawn their boss. Its fine now on the empty PTS to go from delve to delve and kill a boss, but on live the competition will be overwhelming. If you don't want everyone crowding the public dungeon and dolmens to get their sets delves and group bosses need to offer a bit more incentive or spawn faster.

The chance for regular mobs to drop a set piece also seems to be extremely low. I must have killed 800+ mobs over the 2 hours played and not a single set piece dropped off them.

While running to public dungeon, Bonesnap Ruins, about 9 times I noticed something odd. Rorok Bonehammer only dropped gold. Mar-Zak stopped dropping set pieces 3 kills in. Thargan stopped dropping set pieces 3 kills in. The eternal one only dropped gold. The rest of the Bonesnap ruin bosses continued to drop set pieces each kill.

Uncle bones( can't remember what Storm Haven delve) is the only delve boss that only gave me gold for a kill. i don't know if that's rng or if his loot table is screwy.

If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »
    I like Overland. But can we OFF CP? Pleeeeease, pleeeassee. Make this option for PVE and duels.

Game should just show spent CP so if you and another person want no cp you can both unspend cp and see on the display neither one has any spent cp.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • JR_Returns
    JR_Returns
    ✭✭✭
    Today we did the world boss at Valeguard Tower, Rivenspire for the second time. We started as a group of 2 skilled high level players, we got a third to help us after we got sick of being killed.

This boss is a good challenge, but it does seem a bit hard considering Rivenspire is only the 3rd zone in the Daggerfall Covernant. It is easily comparable with some of the boss in pre One Tameriel Upper Craglorn.

I'll check bosses in the comparable zones of the other alliances to see if they are as hard.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JR_Returns wrote: »
    This boss is a good challenge, but it does seem a bit hard considering Rivenspire is only the 3rd zone in the Daggerfall Covernant.
    I'm pretty sure all world bosses are supposed to be scaled for 3-4 players now. I know they are much harder for me to solo than even CP160 world bosses are on live. Could probably make a tanky build and turtle it out if you want to be an iron man, but I'm guessing once update 12 is live, you won't have any problem finding people to group with. Most zones will have at least one good set to be worth farming.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think dolmens should be a lot harder, personally. Right now they are a faceroll, easily able to be soloed by my CP 286 toon with purple gear and a non-optimized build.

Also keep in mind, because of the chance for blue and purple jewelry from dolmens, they will almost certainly have campers, especially in zones like Stonefalls.

Speaking of Stonefalls and campers ... could we move either Silks of the Sun or Red Mountain to a different zone please? Having two of the most popular sets in the same zone seems like a recipe for overcrowding at the dolmens.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    This isn't about Tamriel "Overland" but I can't see anywhere to put it. I ran through all of the Main Quest on a lvl 4 character copied from the live server, and it mostly seems fine, the only thing that did strike me as odd was the Ancient Clannfear in Daughter of Giants, which seems a bit overtuned at present (or maybe everything else is undertuned, it killed me several times and nothing else in the main quest did).

I like that you can just mainline the main quest now.

So is it now the case that as soon as you complete one stage of the main quest you're given the next stage, rather than only getting an update every five levels?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you please fix Wrothgar sets so they finally drop as BoE instead of BoP? I'm really not understanding why this is still a thing even after the patch notes specifically state that it is no longer a thing. Did someone threaten to toss kittens out a window if Wrothgar loot was made to be BoE?

I like the new scaling on standard world bosses. They can still be soloed and seemed to offer a decent challenge (or at least a more lengthy fight) but 2 - 4 seems to be a good number of players to take them on in a timely manner. As a contrast the dolmens felt a bit too easy by comparison. I did notice the new mobs added to dolmens. The damage they do upon landing seemed to be too little to notice, but overall the difficulty seems similar to live for dolmens.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 9, 2016 11:08PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Tarrin wrote: »

Game should just show spent CP so if you and another person want no cp you can both unspend cp and see on the display neither one has any spent cp.

You should not bother Dueling if fear is grasping you from PTS

There is an option to auto disable dueling invites, so go for it.

Eventually one have to win so stop complaining..
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now normal trials will drop blue quality items instead of purple and veteran hard will provide gold items..

wow just wow, will wait for nerf!
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first mages guild daily I got sent me to Razak's Wheel. Aside from the frustration of actually finding the place, it's a group dungeon, which means I cannot complete the darned thing because the item I need is behind at least one of the groups. If you want people to play -- don't put these items in group dungeons.

The navigator system is inefficient and unwieldy, but I did eventually, after multiple tries, make it to Bankorai.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out the crafting/materials.

Unfortunately I've leveled crafting on all my characters to some extent. I get the impression I'm never going to see iron/jute again. While the majority of my characters are in the high cp range, I'm the crafter or one of the crafters for the 5 guilds I belong to. I make gear for people still wearing their coldharbor jammies. The new players have no idea what to look for to gather their own mats. New players don't *want* to waste playing time to collect their own mats.

I took my main crafter to stonefalls, and picked up a lovely haul of rubedite level stuff. Good for my characters, not so good for that level 10.

If you do writs every non survey writ provides you 25pc random lower level mat.

Also every non crafter and mid crafter will be getting lower level mats half the time.
    Random lower level mats. Wonderful. "Don't worry, new player. In 4 or five days I might have enough mats to make your gear. Hope you don't mind dying in the meantime."

You haven't run into any of the new players recently, have you.... They are level one and asking about how to get perfect roe and ambrosia to make it to the cp levels in a couple of hours. Those players are NOT going to go out and gather mats for any reason. While I would personally rather not let them in my guilds with that attitude, the guildmasters don't agree.

And right now I don't want to waste my ruby level mats to do writs. It takes time to gather them, and so far the returns haven't been that great, for me.

You should be doing writs. On any particular day, you may come out losing. But in the long run, between the 664 gold per writ, the ornate/intricate items, the gold upgrade mats, the surveys, etc., you will come out ahead. The only potential problem is the bugged blacksmith writ that sometimes shows up and ask for 5 rubedite items.

And the intricate items that come as writ rewards decon to 4-9 ruby mats, not the 3 ruby mats like the intricate items dropped by trash mobs.

Lower level mats will only be a problem for like a week or so when Update 12 launches. Doing writs every day will generate lots of lower level materials. It will not be long before players are swimming in them and they are going cheap at guild traders. In particular, many non-crafters do writs just for chance at gold upgrade mats for their CP160 gear. They will have no interest in rawhide or cotton or ebony ingots or whatever. Those can go right in the guild bank.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on September 10, 2016 3:15AM
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I solo farmed the Eastmarch public dungeon for about an hour today on PTS, and here's what I found.

Boss set drops
    Most of the bosses consistently dropped a set piece. However, one of the bosses in the upper left corner of the map didn't drop any sets at all.

Treasure chests
    All treasure chests dropped a set piece (with treasure hunter CP perk)

Set distribution
    I'm noticing that sets aren't really dropping in very even quantities. Maybe it's just because of a small sample size, but so far, I've gotten:
    • 10 Akaviri Dragonguard
    • 7 Stendarr’s Embrace
    • 3 Fiord’s Legacy (all bracers)
    Maybe a completely random distribution isn't exactly the best. I was farming for about an hour, and it would be nice to have gotten closer to 6-7 Fiord's pieces.

Set quality
    One thing I did like was that 3 of the 20 drops were purple. So all this talk of purple being rare doesn't really hold water. 15% is hardly rare. About 6 were blue. The rest were all green.

Trash drops
    All the trash loot drops in the dungeon were CP140 instead of CP160. Seems that might be a bug.

Difficulty
    Monster difficulty seemed a bit underpowered, but maybe that's just me. With a stam sorc template 301 toon running Hurricane / Crit Surge and purple gear, I could pretty much stand in one spot keeping my buffs up and the mobs wouldn't pose any threat to health. Would probably be a different story with no CP, but still, seems like a solo player getting hammered by large mobs should feel at least *some* pain. Seems they should maybe need to heal or drink a health pot every once in a while. But that totally wasn't necessary.

Bosses were a similar faceroll. I could sit there with my buffs up spamming Rapid Strikes, stand in stupid constantly, and never need to heal or take a pot. Fight lasted less than a minute for each minor boss. The main group event took a little longer because of the adds, but the boss himself was about the same difficulty as the others. Not sure what part of it qualified as a "group" event.
    Edited by silvereyes on September 10, 2016 3:34AM
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scaling does seem to work as intended. I started a new character to test out starter dungeon. Used my level 50 for trying out a mage guild daily.

After @Enodoc explained how Navigators work, I was able to get to Bankorai. The location my character is being sent to is Razak's Wheel. Since I had never been to Bankorai before, it took me over an hour just to figure out how to get there.

I was already frustrated when I finally got there, then I find out that the item is located behind the first large group. Fiddlesticks!!!!! There is no way I can get to where the item is without a group and not enough people playing to find a group on PTS. Placing an item in a location that is hard for one person doing a daily to get is not a smart move. I'm furious right now.

Up to this point I was really trying to test stuff as best I could. I give up.

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    There is no way I can get to where the item is without a group and not enough people playing to find a group on PTS.
    Maybe just get killed and then dead-walk past the group and res on the other side? Kind of cheap, but it works if you just need to get from point a to point b. Note, I've never done Razak's Wheel, so I'm not sure exactly what kind of situation you are facing.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    There is no way I can get to where the item is without a group and not enough people playing to find a group on PTS.
    Maybe just get killed and then dead-walk past the group and res on the other side? Kind of cheap, but it works if you just need to get from point a to point b. Note, I've never done Razak's Wheel, so I'm not sure exactly what kind of situation you are facing.

or possibly an invis pot if one was a higher level.

Depends on setup tho.

BUT IMO mage dailies should do DELVES not dungeons.
    Mages -Delves
    Fighters - World boss
    Undant - Dungeons
    Edited by STEVIL on September 10, 2016 11:34AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    So I like the improvements so far. The world bosses I couldn't solo, but that was on the pts. If on x1 I most likely can, since I've soloed most new dlc bosses, the only one I haven't is the dragon in wrothgar, the rest is just about sustain and learning mechanics.
    I too had the passive in treasure hunter and gotten green gear from the chests. Also have gotten a lot of training gear, which I thought was getting taken out.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Farmed the Rivenspire Public dungeons for a bit. No set pieces from the 300 or so regular mobs I killed. Bosses themselves were pretty good for loot. Zazullu stopped droping loot after 4 kills ( ran the dungeon about 12 times). Ogmash the mighty only drops guts and gold. Doom Witch Dekamma only drops guts and gold. Rest of the bosses kept dropping set pieces.

** On a side note I haven't seen a set piece yet from the 20 or so treasure chest I've opened ( simple and intermediate).
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    We really appreciate all of the feedback we’re getting. We’re working hard to reach a balance point that isn’t too punishing for newer players and yet still provides some challenge for our more experience players. We’ll continue to monitor feedback and bugs and make additional changes as needed. Thanks!
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Logged in to the PTS to try and test a few things, and I can see my UI but have a black screen other than that. This is in the character select screen and in game. I will try a repair later tonigt.

update* A restart of game and system failed to fix it.
    update**Just Ran the repair and it did not fix it. I also submitted an in game bug report, with system specs and a screen shot.
    Edited by Nazarousb14_ESO on September 12, 2016 10:20PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in to the PTS to try and test a few things, and I can see my UI but have a black screen other than that. This is in the character select screen and in game. I will try a repair later tonigt.

update**Just Ran the repair and it did not fix it. I also submitted an in game bug report, with system specs and a screen shot.

Try switching from Fullscreen to Windowed and back to Full. Something like that worked for me (maybe throw in a resolution change before going back to fullscreen.)
    PC-NA
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Try switching from Fullscreen to Windowed and back to Full. Something like that worked for me (maybe throw in a resolution change before going back to fullscreen.)

It kinda worked, can see it while in window mode ether normal or fullscreened window mode, though as soon as I switch to fullscreen I loose everything but the UI. This was even after switching resolutions several times.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It kinda worked, can see it while in window mode ether normal or fullscreened window mode, though as soon as I switch to fullscreen I loose everything but the UI. This was even after switching resolutions several times.

I was having problems with some animations (Noxious Breath, Impulse, etc...) not showing up> I deleted my user settings file and it fixed the problem - might try that?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see the public dungeons instance, nothing worst then starting a epic public dungeon quest to wait for the 1st boss to spawn back because soneone else has already ploughed through them. If instanced they could not respawn till the player left the area and returned much like group dungeons now.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We really appreciate all of the feedback we’re getting. We’re working hard to reach a balance point that isn’t too punishing for newer players and yet still provides some challenge for our more experience players. We’ll continue to monitor feedback and bugs and make additional changes as needed. Thanks!

I think one core problem is the massive cp gap that is between starters and old players. Why you not close that gap? I have 3 steps in my head to make the scalable content difficult for new and old players and close that gap:

1. Adjust the cp xp curve, so new players can get relative fast to cp 480+
    2. Set the gear requirement from CP 160 to CP 480 (3x of current)
    3. Set the scaling of content to CP 480 (3x of current)

You not need to create new crafting material for cp 480 gear or scale up in strength. Only set the requirement to CP 480 (3x of CP 160).

With these changes you shortern the gap between cp 160 content <-> cp 561 players (401 cp gap) to cp 480 content <-> cp 561 players (81 cp gap).

Additional benefit

New players will hit very fast cp 480 and can be play with already old players. Especially in trials veteran modes are a high cp a requirement.
    Edited by Taonnor on September 13, 2016 11:13AM
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the regular monsters in the pve zones such as bangokarai and auridon wayyyy too easy for solo play, i should mention ive played since beta and have cp at the cap. I wish there was some monster behavior that required me to interrupt certain mobs or something like that, just to keep combat reactive, atm its a tad boring because you kill everything in one rotation.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    1. Adjust the cp xp curve, so new players can get relative fast to cp 480+

You do realize this is already in place?
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<