Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for One Tamriel Itemization Changes

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the itemization changes in One Tamriel. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you know where to find set items? Was it clear that certain set items were associated with zones?
  • Did you get any set drops that were intended for a different zone, or any gear that was an unexpected level?
  • Did you receive an item that changes or impacts your current build/abilities?
  • Are you happier with the new quest objective rewards?
  • Which of the new sets are you most looking forward to, and why?
  • Are there any new sets you would like to see changed?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I was hoping the dev team would spread out resources across Tamriel, much the same way that Sets are spread out across Tamriel. Instead of making all resources nodes in Tamriel the same. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The sets that are now moved to dungeons will only drop in purple at best. Is there any way to get gold jewelry besides the PvP vendor (which would be a SUPER low chance of getting the pieces you need).
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

I'm very glad you added all these pieces and updated all the sets. But the power creep of damage here is insane when we are already having problems with a burst meta in Cyrodiil. Across the board proc rates and damage have been increased -- on top of the penetration increased last patch. But mitigation has NOT been increased.

You can't just keep boosting power creep without giving us some way of countering that increased damage.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So we got a good explanation on which bosses and such dropped what pieces of armor or other pieces when it came to the overworld, dungeons, delves and public dungeons. But what about the trials? The PTS Patch Notes talked about gear quality in Trials but not about which pieces that dropped from which boss in there. And the Trials do have different amount of bosses so how is that going to work?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too much Bind-on-Pickup for Dungeon gear! BoP is TERRIBLE for the in-game economy. When will ZOS realize how much most players hate BoP?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too much Bind-on-Pickup for Dungeon gear! BoP is TERRIBLE for the in-game economy. When will ZOS realize how much most players hate BoP?

On an other hand, it's a good form of reward. But still, it must be a best idea, like a "stuff unlocked" achievement.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like what you are doing with itemization, except that I'm not convinced by how every dungeon set will be BoP. How are end game pvers supposed to make gold now? You should come up with some kind of solution here.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing in this game should be BoP
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the standardization of things and with the way they are setting things up and moving things. I will say this its nice that they moved the currently BoE stuff in Trials out from the Trials and put the old Trial Stuff in there as BoP and keep the BoP Stuff in there as is. This is a great way of doing it in my opinion cause again it revitalizes the incentive to go into trials and actively do them. And I know some people will scream out, BUT THE ECONOMY HUR DUR!!! Hey we got 30 new sets to grind, and they are all in the overworld, get cracking, you can now grind them and sell them without having a 12man raid. This is better for the economy than most will admit in my opinion.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was anything done with sunder flame or embershield? Seems both were lacking teeth after IC

Any intended improvements with sheer venom? It's a situational poison proc thst is being out performed by the viper set, which can proc on any melee ability. Seems the two should be reversed, or sheer venom made higher.

Just those few for now
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its great that we can have every item set for every item slot but will impenetrable going to be added to every item set?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda concerned with making gold from dungeons now that everything is BoP there.
    Edited by zerosingularity on September 2, 2016 8:49PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - Stop making everything BOP ! I thought the massive QQ about Orsinium BOP made you realize this is not what is needed. Please ZOS - just keep the very very very special gear as BOP. Not 80% of all endgame drops! This is a terrible decision.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • JoePenna147
    JoePenna147
    ✭✭
    Can someone post some screen of the new monster set please? :)
    GM of La Corona di Spade - Best Italian Guild on PS4 - Guild Site | Guild Facebook

Twitter | Youtube
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda concerned with making gold from dungeons now that everything is BoP there.

I guess your not alone, those with 50 items stashed to on sell at a silly prices are probably rather worried.

Ruin the economy? Only for some.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is this patch adds alot of stamina sets and buff those already considered OP in PvP (Velidreths, Viper), very good stamina weapon ultimates (the bow and 2h ones lol) for a terrible destro ultimate; and no class balance changes. So good luck to everybody whos gonna stick with magicka in solo and smallscale pvp.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    All I know is this patch adds alot of stamina sets and buff those already considered OP in PvP (Velidreths, Viper), very good stamina weapon ultimates (the bow and 2h ones lol) for a terrible destro ultimate; and no class balance changes. So good luck to everybody whos gonna stick with magicka in solo and smallscale pvp.

Yeah, happy with the new PVE changes, there's enough there now to forget about pvp for probably months.
    Up until (nearly) now the idea of zone and content completion on my main filled me with dread.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    Swarm Mother

fb65bbbbd5.jpg

Swarm Mother Set - There is no stamina recovery while blocking, so the 2pc bonus negates the 1pc bonus.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you care or not about the ingame economy ZoS? BoP on everything in dungeons is unwanted. Please!
    PC EU
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    First Look

Just going to throw out my first overall impression. For my first run through i just hopped into a delve around storm haven and started killing stuff.I tested all of the Stamina DPS masks, 3 stamina dps medium sets, and 1 heavy health regen set.

Overall I really like the direction you are taking set piece bonuses in. Play your way is definitely becoming a key part of the new design. Now you can fully specialize in weapon type, critical hit, penetration, or flat power with rewards for doing so. You all are hitting just about every base at this point.

Monster Sets:

Sellistrix Visage - Finally a utility set for stamina dps. Excellent proc chance, flashy earthquake effect, minor damage but has a definite niche. I think this will do a lot better than the Morirhaus set( roll knocks down for 2 seconds). I was head over heels about Morihaus but in practice it never played out quite right.

Kra'Gh set - Awesome effect once again. Appears to do a crap ton of damage and procs very often. So much so that it's practically just another ability in the rotation. Its shockwave radius is very low though. If this is supposed to be an aoe physical set it needs far more width.

Storm Fist - This is my favorite all time set from this day on. I am absolutely in love with the effect and it fits my stamina sorc perfectly. This set nails everything I want in a monster 2 piece. I used to let most monster sets rot in my bank. This one is going to get me into some dungeons.

Selene's Visage - Brutal looking bear animation. Definitely not for duel wield with the direct damage trigger effect though. Appears pretty solid but the range of the bears body slam may need to be a little longer.

Sets:

Strength of the Autmotron - Good set in theory that allows the user to specialize further into physical damage. Has everything you want for that purpose. The impact of the 5 piece bonus however doesn't translate over well. I can't tell if my weapon damage buffs effect the 5 piece or if the 5 piece contributes at all. I think some more info on the stats page would help with this

Sword Dancer - Same feedback as Strength of the Automoton. Great focus, lacks impact and is hard to tell its overall contribution to combat. Some type of tooltip on our stats or abilities could help.

Bee Keeper - Interesting set. I got almost 1500 health regen on my stam sorcerer with just this set. A focused health regen build finally has a base to work off of. Pretty neat.

Leviathan - Lots and lots of crit. Any set that wants to go overboard on crit or just snatch a large chunk can grab this. Fills its niche nicely.

Closing Thoughts

Very fun sets so far. I noticed all the stam damage sets however appear be medium. Maybe this is just an oversight on my part, but as you can see by my sets choice only the medium sets stuck out to me (outside of bee keeper). I didn't see the Way of Fire set in any of the set bundles so I could have missed a few other heavy damage sets that way. I'll be hunting some delves either tonight or tomorrow so that should patch things up. As time goes on I should have every heavy and medium set tested. Having a great time so far and really appreciate the increase in itemization.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked through the new stuff on a template. I love the variety. Some very weird stuff in there, but might be useful to create great builds. Thanks for all the options!
  • xXTriggerXx
    xXTriggerXx
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah Buff the already so OP Stamina Players even more!!!! I think ZOS gave up with magicka Players in PVP : /
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Swarm Mother

fb65bbbbd5.jpg

Swarm Mother Set - There is no stamina recovery while blocking, so the 2pc bonus negates the 1pc bonus.

I must agree, this is pretty bad, at the very least make it like Max Health or Stamina or something, heck even Health Recovery would be better than Stamina recovery on a piece that requires you to block.
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Swarm Mother

fb65bbbbd5.jpg

I must agree, this is pretty bad, at the very least make it like Max Health or Stamina or something, heck even Health Recovery would be better than Stamina recovery on a piece that requires you to block.

I would rather have the max physical & spell resists for this one.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leave BOP behind ZOS PLS... atleast this PTS listen us... u are going bad everytime LISTEN USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • fr33r4ng3r
    fr33r4ng3r
    ✭✭✭
    Just picked up a Queen’s Elegance Boots in Auridon with a Training trait. :(

I got excited when I heard training was dropping on the starter islands and perhaps incorrectly assumed it had been removed everywhere else.

Please remove training for the loot tables everywhere except the starter islands, and for purchase in the Mage's and Fighter's guilds.
  • cedheimb16_ESO2
    You need to reconsider the magicka sets.

Currently sets that give 386 damage to destro / resto / lightning damage etc. are too specific. They will not be used and are not interesting or fun.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    This is obviously just first impressions.

Did you receive an item that changes or impacts your current build/abilities?
    The set I was most looking forward to was the Pirate Skeleton and it also happened to impact my current main build the most, so I'm just super happy.

Other sets I think are really amazing are:

Swarm Mother - I feel this will help bring both templar and nb tanks into the spotlight, and changing the spotlight is good.
    Sellistrix - Totally amazing for templar tanks as they have no other form of cc
    Infernal Guardian - stylistically the coolest set made

Honestly, those are all super cool sets that I want to find a reason to use. And throwing out imperium jewelry into the world was also a pleasant surprise. Thanks!

Which of the new sets are you most looking forward to, and why?
    Pirate Skeleton and Stormfist for looks.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Shadowrend and the Deadroth set are very similar, one being for dps and one for tanking. I'd like to see Shadowrend's proc chance go up maybe 5 more % and the Deadroth set's proc % go up 5 more on top of the buff.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, if we only can change the appearance of our items without being forced into very limited costumes or using subpar crafted sets.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If the dungeon gear doesn't come in Impenetrable it's really going to suck for PvP players. Either we use subpar gear or we get nuked by crits.