Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    You missed the whole point

I already do that and so do all of my friends, we will have no problem with this, but PUG groups? It's going to take forever to get certain gear, and farming solo the amount of useless gear you are going to get which you can't sell to someone wanting it, what's the point?

You can sell it though...

Set drops from the overland will be BoE. So if you're solo farming and get a dupe piece, or get a Sun piece when you wanted a Red Mountain piece, you can sell that piece.

Or am I not getting it?

e: I see now that a few are in dungeons.
    Edited by rhapsodious on September 2, 2016 7:03PM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @Darlon Just got word from Kai in the twitch stream. Yup NA and EU will be the same client now!

Nice :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon Ultimates
    New Weapon Ultimates have been added to the game. Each Weapon skill line now has one Ultimate, and each Ultimate can be obtained by reaching Rank 50 in its respective Weapon skill line. Weapon Ultimates can be morphed as well!

Looking forward to seeing these! :smiley:
    Motifs
    We’ve added three new Motifs in this update:
    • Celestial: The signature look of the final bosses of the Trials of Craglorn.
      • The weekly quest for each Craglorn Trial will always award one chapter from a subset of chapters specific to that Trial.
        • Aetherian Archive awards the chapters for Axes, Boots, Helmets, Shoulders, and Staves.
        • Sanctum Ophidia awards the chapters for Bows, Daggers, Gloves, Legs, and Swords.
        • Hel Ra Citadel awards the chapters for Belts, Chests, Maces, and Shields.
        • All three quests have a very small chance for the complete motif book.
      • The style item, Star Sapphires, can be obtained by defeating the Bosses of these Trials, with a greatly increased drop chance on Veteran Mode and from Hard Mode encounters.
    • Yokudan: This style can be seen on many of the enemies in Craglorn.
      • The chapters of the style can be rarely obtained by completing repeatable quests in Craglorn.
      • The style item, Ferrous Salts, can also be obtained from these quests.
    • Draugr: This style has been re-discovered by the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and the Undaunted.
      • This ancient style of Nord armor can be learned from chapters rarely obtained by completing the new Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Undaunted Delve dailies.
      • Pristine Shrouds, used to create Draugr-styled gear, can also be obtained from these quests.

*cheers*
    Craglorn
    • A new building near Cyrodiil Gate Garrison has been constructed.

House?!! :o
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    Armitas wrote: »
    Dragonknight. Triggered.

Indeed sir indeed there are quite a few setups that are gonna wreck things both a stam and magick dk just got stronger lmao can you say toxic defiance and morag tong?? valkyn skoria and burning spell weave??? i cant even deal right now im so moist haha

That is literally the opposite of what he meant.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    but anyway... no nerf to Incap Strike or Radiant Destruction yet doggies tongues now appear less pink.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    PC EU
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I can't seem to see anything in the patch notes regarding trait changes regarding impenetrable, prosperous and training gear sets as was mentioned before to be implemented this patch wasn't it?
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons
    All Dungeons now have both a Normal and Veteran modes.
    Previous Dungeons which had a unique Veteran mode have been converted to Version I and II; each version now has a

This is terrific but it cannot go on Live server with simply names I and II, can it? Really Zenimax, you have such a rich lore system, please make sure dungeons have proper names instead of Wayrest Sewers One and Wayrest Sewers Two. This is unacceptable.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.png

•Item Sets will now drop for every item slot. •This excludes the Agility, Endurance, and Willpower jewelry sets.
    •Sets that grant a bonus to melee damage will now drop more intelligently (i.e. a set with melee damage will no longer drop with a bow or stave).

Does this mean the Lich Set gets a Necklace and Rings, pants and boots? does this mean I can where a monster set with it?

Oh dear god. The variety of builds is going to be crazy
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Look at all those wonderful sets! I think i found a reason to log in again :D

https://youtu.be/2U_OkCsexjw
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH MY GOD they just confirmed on ESO Live that if you join a group mid-run you can port to the last boss they killed.

NO MORE ICP/WGT SPRINTING MARATHONS. ;_;
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the notes interesting stuff looking forward to testing it
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    velidreth and skoria buffed? :D
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

Don't forget you can trade within your group.

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hii, thanks for releasing these notes. :)

Just a few questions though...

Will crafted items and crafted set items also scale to the max level? Because I'm seriously into crafting nowadays, I'm starting to be able to make a few sets and I hope my power won't be gimped by using crafted items instead of zone drops.

Also, what of random weapons we pick up in the open world, like the swords aboard the Interim Suitor/Prowler ship? Will they scale as well?
    Edited by sentientomega on September 2, 2016 7:32PM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Signature

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC....how do I get on the PTS?
    ****Master Healer...****
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    PTS is downloading so slow...Must see new items sets and Weapon Ultimates!

On a side note, thinking about it more.

I will probably stop running normal trials, attempting to gear up my sorc tank. All the gear I really want can be farmed relatively easily...I'll probably go back to PvP instead of trying to gear up for vet trials. I've ran them all on normal and didn't mind because I made lots of coin but...now there isn't as strong an incentive to do it because I can't make money.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH MY GOD they just confirmed on ESO Live that if you join a group mid-run you can port to the last boss they killed.

NO MORE ICP/WGT SPRINTING MARATHONS. ;_;

*Naked
    Signature

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Defeating monsters in Orsinium’s public dungeons now grant 40% less experience, bringing them more in-line with other public dungeons."

Welp. People who liked to level by grinding these won't be happy...even I am not thrilled, and I rarely grind (but have recently done so in those very dungeons to reach a certain number of CP.)
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone hold onto your mats and gold tempers, considering the prices are going to inflate to an astronomical level as ZoS continues to BoP literally EVERYTHING in the game, make grouping in an MMO less and less rewarding and cater more and more to solo play styles in an MMO *shock* economy to be reduced to crafting mats and motifs as the farm able trials gear from zones will be too easily obtainable, making for a complete lack of rare unique items to feel rewarded when looting and to circulate the economy.
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The treasure vault doors of Imperial City will now accept 60 of any combination of the following:
    Bloody Claws
    Bone Shards
    Daedric Embers
    Daedric Shackles
    Dark Ether
    Key Fragments (previously known as Bone Shards)
    Mark of the Legion
    Monstrous Teeth
    Planar Armor

Sell yer Agility jewelery for a high price while you still can folks!

Reading through a lot and skimming through the rest, I'm really excited for this patch mainly because of how viable so many of the promising-but-outdated sets have become again. It'd be really funny if the old Martial Knowledge meta came back into the spotlight.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • LUC1D7
    LUC1D7
    ✭✭
    Everyone hold onto your mats and gold tempers, considering the prices are going to inflate to an astronomical level as ZoS continues to BoP literally EVERYTHING in the game, make grouping in an MMO less and less rewarding and cater more and more to solo play styles in an MMO *shock* economy to be reduced to crafting mats and motifs as the farm able trials gear from zones will be too easily obtainable, making for a complete lack of rare unique items to feel rewarded when looting and to circulate the economy.

It's the same as it currently is. It's actually easier to get better gear now. The same BoP items are still BoP.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well that's the issue, seeing as I run high end dungeons and Trials

This mainly puts a massive hindrance on trials especially, if I was raid leading most people can't get the best gear anymore, they wont be getting invited to raids or anything like that if they are wanting to start out, I understand that the best gear is already Bind on Pickup, but your other option is Bind on Equip gear and after that is crafted gear

Not only that but right now the economy is utter crap, removing Bind on Equip from trials just ruins raiders too, we can't sell gear to the community, we can't buy anything because of it either, I just don't understand what this will achieve, are you trying to cause more PUG and group finder groups to sell your loot within groups to each other, because friends dont do that with each other, and most people wont run in them anyway because of the gear issue

That is just my opinion, personally I think it's a very unhealthy addition and will just breed more elitism and divide raiders apart from the experienced and non experienced

Actually getting the gear like the sun set for instance, won't be an issue, as it will drop in normal overland content (stonefalls) now also.

I agree it hurts people selling it though...
    Hold up guys I cant go to trials tonight I have to farm solo for my gear

Yeah, sounds good doesn't it ;) I can't support this change what so ever, just doesn't seem right, not only do I help people farm for gear and trade it with them if they are offline or something and helping friends complete gear sets who are not in my group, but now they have to farm SOLO for it, as if Maelstrom wasn't enough

Sounds like VMA.

If I'm reading it right, these BoE sets are being moved, but staying BoE in the process. The result will be sets like Silks will become more widely available and thus more affordable to a wider range of players.

I agree this change removes the ability of raiders to sell the BoE gear that they normally snag while farming for their desired BoP sets, and that is a negative change, but this argument that it will create a barrier to people just starting trials (or needing to farm solo and the subsequent comparison to VMA) is nonsense.

These sets will see wider use due to their movement into overland zones, while staying bind on equip, meaning it'll be easier and cheaper for people to get trial-ready than it currently is. These sets will still be available via guild traders, and you'll still be able to help friends farm for gear should you choose.

Of course, my opinion entirely hinges on my interpretation of these patch notes to be true, so I could be entirely wong about all of this.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Snap.

"All set drops from the overland are now bind-on-equip."

Maybe I'll actually be able to run Trinimac's Valor now haha.

ALSO!

"Crypt of Hearts: Shroud of the Lich, Leviathan, Ebon Armory
    Fungal Grotto: Spider Cultist Cowl, Viper’s Sting, Dreugh King Slayer
    Selene’s Web: Vestments of the Warlock, Hircine’s Veneer, Durok’s Bane
    Vaults of Madness: Worm’s Raiment, Oblivion’s Edge, Rattlecage"

But those are dungeons and thus now BoP. So if a PvP player wants Warlock or Viper or any of a bunch of old BoE Trials sets, many have been moved to dungeons. And thus are now BoP. So group PvE players lose out on ways to make gold and PvP players lose out on ways to get desired gear without grinding PvE content they would prefer not to do.

Selling Viper, Warlock, Dreugh King, etc., gear currently pays for all the armor repairs and potions and gold upgrade mats. There are (literally!) no longer any ways to make decent money from group PvE content.

Not all of us are in pro raid guilds where getting a group of 12 is easy. Sometimes we have 7 or 8 core group PvE players and need to talk 4 or 5 more guildies into joining us. But if group PvE is now exclusively a money-losing venture, those on-the-fence guildies are going to be much less interested.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you not do any class rebalancing at all? Like none?

Before ZOS can tune the balance
    We will first need to absorb the effect of all the new sets and ultimates.
    Once that has happened
    Both we as ZOS will have a better position to judge balance and further tuning needed.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

you can still buy your items as sets will now be dropping from other places outside of trials too and will be BOE... read the entire patch notes
    Buff Soft Caps
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty, with the new changes, it'll still be very easy to get the gear you want. 100% chance at a set piece drop from a dungeon boss, and there's only three different sets dropping, so after 1-2 runs you will pretty much have a full set of whatever you are looking for. Add in a few more runs and you've got perfect traits for that set. Compare this to now, where you run 10 Trials in a day and maybe get one piece of gear that you need.

And there will still be a market for gear, except you will have to farm overland zones instead of Trials. This is actually a disappointment, as Trials will no longer make you any money. So not as many people will want to run them anymore :( Instead people will be farming specific overland zones.

I do agree, however, that taking certain sets out of Trials and putting them in the bind on pickup table (such as Viper, Ebon, Warlock, etc.) is really bad for the gear economy.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on September 2, 2016 7:37PM
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone freaking out about the BOP change in trials? I totally understand people who run trials a lot being frustrated that the gear they get from trials will no longer be able to be sold to other players which is how they make their money, they can be upset about this change, I get that. Everyone else complaining how items will be harder to come by now... read the entire patch notes. Unless I missed something major it looks like 99% of item sets will be way easier to get than before since they will be dropping from zone/delve bosses and in four person dungeons and will be BOE. As someone who finds it hard to get together with 12 people to farm gear and someone who also doesn't have a million gold to drop on silks of the sun pieces I am pretty ecstatic about this change.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All dungeon set drops are bind-on-pickup.
    To all those saying "read the whole patch notes", maybe you should take your own advice. All dungeon sets will now be BoP, not just Trials.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,