Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• KICHZY
    KICHZY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever see a system in game that allows us to see guilds that are actively recruiting?
    Edited by KICHZY on July 22, 2016 10:20PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why Assistants unable to ride mounts? I like be able to assign a mount to an assistant if they not have one... I feel so sad they have to run everywhere behind me!

Makes lots of sense OR they could just ride with us
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • oxxalejandroxxo
    oxxalejandroxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Cyrodiil is much bigger than any PVE zones out there and has much more player activities going on in it, why couldn't ZOS combine some adjacent zones to make PVE experience better and more open-world? For example, on the DC side, I hope in the future Glenumbra, Stormhaven, Rivenspire and Wrothgar could be combined into a single loading screen free zone, or it could even include Bangkorai.
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there. Just a random guild feature related question - have you ever considered adding a guild alliance feature? Of which a total of guilds can be part of, and share an alliance chat. This would be most useful for pvp and keep takes/defence.
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy Eso Live,

I am sure this has been mentioned before. But will you ever bring in a buff and bebuff counter? I know there are addons for the PC, but curious about something for PS4 and Xbox? Maybe make it a toggle option but it would be nice to see what buff and debuffs you would have. Personally it could really help you optimize your rotation and not spam abilities that you dont need to.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you implement a weapon glyph enchantment that summons another creature? I would like to have more enchantment options
  • Yoga.isDrunk
    Yoga.isDrunk
    Soul Shriven
    Can you fix the xbox one server already? At this point it is just pathetic and you should be crediting crowns for this poor service. Also can you make the elitist auctions houses public? Don't we suffer enough with our Gov.dictatorship? We don't need it in our games as well.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just realized we never posted the AUA from our previous show. Sorry about that!

Shannona: On the character selection screen, it would be so awesome if we could juggle the list of characters, placing our favorite on top. Could you do this?
    We think it’d be awesome too! This is something we were actually discussing very recently, and are working on scoping it out.

DRXHarbinger: For the next update, you're revamping VDSA. Can we have a weekly leaderboard like we do with VMA?
    Dragonstar Arena is already part of the Weekly Trial rotation, so it will be available as a weekly from time to time. As far as pulling it out as its own leaderboard, that’s something we can look at.

Davey1107: For characters who change gear sets depending on content we're playing, it can be cumbersome to switch all 14 slots every time. Any chance we might ever get a couple of programmable saved gear configuration slots that would allow us to one click between a couple different setups?
    There is a chance, yes. This is something we’ve discussed implementing, but honestly, just haven’t had the time to get it done yet.

Ethromelb14_ESO: How significant is the content in the Lore Library? In other words, if I decided to follow the directions or the story lore within a book, would it really lead to a secret location or some sort of treasure that was believed to be a "myth"?
    Often, lore books are just for fun. Mages Guild books do tend to discuss specific details about the zones they’re placed in, and quest books tend to be specific to the quest and will often contain direct clues. Other books tend to be more generic. However, some books have taken on lives of their own. For example, Narsis Dren was originally just a book character, but due to his popularity, he now makes an appearance in an objective in Wrothgar.

DrEagleTalon: When will we hear about Arenas and Battlegrounds?
    We’ll begin discussing PvP battlegrounds next year.

Altemriel: Could you please add a small warning message when enchanting special weapons stating that doing so will make the weapon lose its special effect?
    We realize this is an issue, and you have a good idea for a solution. We’re still discussing the best way to handle this, but don’t have any plans solidified at the moment.

Kaithuzar: Why is the armor "Worm's Rainment” (typically known as "Worm Cult") not available in the Impenetrable trait? Any chance of this being added?
    We generally try to keep impenetrable on PvP gear since adding it to PvE gear makes it harder for everyone to get a specific trait. Impenetrable is now useful for everyone since it takes less durability damage, so we can re-evaluate dropping it in more locations. Additionally, we’ll also consider selling this set with the traveling Cyrodiil vendor.

DRXHarbinger: Guild store listings - Clothing now has Tannin, and Woodworking now has Resin. Before Dark Brotherhood, this was the other way around. Why?
    This was previously a longstanding bug that we were just recently able to fix in Dark Brotherhood, so what you’re seeing now is actually correct.

JasminaChillibeaner: Is there any correlation between the difficulty of locks on chests and the quality of loot inside them?
    Yep! You have a better chance of getting a higher-quality item from chests that are more difficult to open.

Nathan_bri: Will you please give me an option to turn off screen shakes?
    Sure, we can add this to our list of fixes you’d like to see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Soleil.clercb14_ESO: On console, can you add an option to keep your health, magicka, and stamina bars always on?
    We can, and we will! We’re planning to add this to both console and PC in a future update, potentially early next year.

DorianDragonRaze: I've heard about costumes dyeing coming soon. That's exciting, but please add a button that resets a costume’s colors to its originals.
    This is a great idea, and something we’ve considered as well. However, this feature is not currently on our roadmap as we have some other items that are a higher priority.

Kensan62_ESO: Would like to know for One Tamriel with the ability to go to any zone, will we actually be able to ride to each zone or will it just be a lot of wayshrine traveling?
    There are boats that will take you from Alliance to Alliance (i.e. – Vuhkel Guard to Davon’s Watch). Once you’re in an Alliance, you’ll be able to run between zones like you always could.

TheSpaceWhale: The new blocking indicator breaks makes it difficult to clearly see red circles of death on the ground while in first-person mode. Can we get a "hide indicator" toggle for this effect, or at the very least, revert it to be hidden in first person view?
    We actually will be completely removing this in first person. Thanks for the feedback!

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO: Is it feasible to see dynamic population locks come into place based on the amount of enemy population in Cyrodiil?
    It’s possible, yes, but not something on the priority list. We’re currently focused on One Tamriel, Battlegrounds and Dueling.

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO: Will we ever see the introduction of competition servers for PvP where no buffs are given from scrolls and Emperor, or perhaps a prime time only server?
    We don’t have plans for this currently, though when Battlegrounds hit we think this will scratch that itch…

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Doom Hound is an awesome looking mount; however, the glowing red eyes look incredibly cheesy, and the howl sounds like a dying cow. Do you guys have any plans to edit this mount? Or at least gives us the capability to make it's eyes normal.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just realized we never posted the AUA from our previous show. Sorry about that!

Shannona: On the character selection screen, it would be so awesome if we could juggle the list of characters, placing our favorite on top. Could you do this?
    We think it’d be awesome too! This is something we were actually discussing very recently, and are working on scoping it out.

DRXHarbinger: For the next update, you're revamping VDSA. Can we have a weekly leaderboard like we do with VMA?
    Dragonstar Arena is already part of the Weekly Trial rotation, so it will be available as a weekly from time to time. As far as pulling it out as its own leaderboard, that’s something we can look at.

Davey1107: For characters who change gear sets depending on content we're playing, it can be cumbersome to switch all 14 slots every time. Any chance we might ever get a couple of programmable saved gear configuration slots that would allow us to one click between a couple different setups?
    There is a chance, yes. This is something we’ve discussed implementing, but honestly, just haven’t had the time to get it done yet.

Ethromelb14_ESO: How significant is the content in the Lore Library? In other words, if I decided to follow the directions or the story lore within a book, would it really lead to a secret location or some sort of treasure that was believed to be a "myth"?
    Often, lore books are just for fun. Mages Guild books do tend to discuss specific details about the zones they’re placed in, and quest books tend to be specific to the quest and will often contain direct clues. Other books tend to be more generic. However, some books have taken on lives of their own. For example, Narsis Dren was originally just a book character, but due to his popularity, he now makes an appearance in an objective in Wrothgar.

DrEagleTalon: When will we hear about Arenas and Battlegrounds?
    We’ll begin discussing PvP battlegrounds next year.

Altemriel: Could you please add a small warning message when enchanting special weapons stating that doing so will make the weapon lose its special effect?
    We realize this is an issue, and you have a good idea for a solution. We’re still discussing the best way to handle this, but don’t have any plans solidified at the moment.

Kaithuzar: Why is the armor "Worm's Rainment” (typically known as "Worm Cult") not available in the Impenetrable trait? Any chance of this being added?
    We generally try to keep impenetrable on PvP gear since adding it to PvE gear makes it harder for everyone to get a specific trait. Impenetrable is now useful for everyone since it takes less durability damage, so we can re-evaluate dropping it in more locations. Additionally, we’ll also consider selling this set with the traveling Cyrodiil vendor.

DRXHarbinger: Guild store listings - Clothing now has Tannin, and Woodworking now has Resin. Before Dark Brotherhood, this was the other way around. Why?
    This was previously a longstanding bug that we were just recently able to fix in Dark Brotherhood, so what you’re seeing now is actually correct.

JasminaChillibeaner: Is there any correlation between the difficulty of locks on chests and the quality of loot inside them?
    Yep! You have a better chance of getting a higher-quality item from chests that are more difficult to open.

Nathan_bri: Will you please give me an option to turn off screen shakes?
    Sure, we can add this to our list of fixes you’d like to see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Soleil.clercb14_ESO: On console, can you add an option to keep your health, magicka, and stamina bars always on?
    We can, and we will! We’re planning to add this to both console and PC in a future update, potentially early next year.

DorianDragonRaze: I've heard about costumes dyeing coming soon. That's exciting, but please add a button that resets a costume’s colors to its originals.
    This is a great idea, and something we’ve considered as well. However, this feature is not currently on our roadmap as we have some other items that are a higher priority.

Kensan62_ESO: Would like to know for One Tamriel with the ability to go to any zone, will we actually be able to ride to each zone or will it just be a lot of wayshrine traveling?
    There are boats that will take you from Alliance to Alliance (i.e. – Vuhkel Guard to Davon’s Watch). Once you’re in an Alliance, you’ll be able to run between zones like you always could.

TheSpaceWhale: The new blocking indicator breaks makes it difficult to clearly see red circles of death on the ground while in first-person mode. Can we get a "hide indicator" toggle for this effect, or at the very least, revert it to be hidden in first person view?
    We actually will be completely removing this in first person. Thanks for the feedback!

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO: Is it feasible to see dynamic population locks come into place based on the amount of enemy population in Cyrodiil?
    It’s possible, yes, but not something on the priority list. We’re currently focused on One Tamriel, Battlegrounds and Dueling.

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO: Will we ever see the introduction of competition servers for PvP where no buffs are given from scrolls and Emperor, or perhaps a prime time only server?
    We don’t have plans for this currently, though when Battlegrounds hit we think this will scratch that itch…

We’re currently focused on One Tamriel, Battlegrounds and Dueling.

oh yeah!!!!!!!

and please Gina, make the battle grounds with options: "PVP only", "PVP+PVE", "PVE only" :)!!!

♥♥ @ZOS_GinaBruno ♥♥
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please give us a DSA weekly every week. Please. I'd stop complaining over bugs and dashboards to have this. With gold master weapons and jewelery for dsa sets as the rewards. That'll make so many many people happy. (jewelery BoE though, need something to do with duplicate items and footman rings will fetch a hefty price) plus when this is the weekly on XB EU it's actually quite hard to get on anyway, you pretty much need to do it flawless and under and hour to stand a chance. So it'd be great competition.

Can we have a new title for it too? For a group flawless run.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My question is in reference to battlegrounds. As it stands in live, magicka Templars are too powerful, and if we were to do battlegrounds the strongest teams will always be the ones that have a full team of magicka Templars. In order to prevent this, and as a safeguard for future class imbalances, may we make it so battlegrounds are made up of teams of four, and each team can only have one of each class? This will prevent battlegrounds from being dominated by the meta, and will inspire players to be efficient with multiple classes.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno. And BTW Welcome back, I know it's late.
    Edited by Easily_Lost on July 26, 2016 1:41PM
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question about deconstruction.
    If I craft a cp160 gear it costs 10xmats of a cp150. When i decon them, i get mostly the same amounts out.
    Why not raise the decon payoff for cp160 items to reflect the vast increase in materials that went in? The price for changing builds is extremely steep since mostly crafteds are boe and so after wearing, you cant sell them.

Even if it were limited to crafted sets, not drops, it would make sense.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of Cyro PvP, could there be a way to negate or, at least, greatly reduce points earned during a low population campaign? Certain players tend to nightcap when little to no players are on, giving them the upper hand in the campaign in spite of dominating enemy factions during prime time.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is the Ultimate cap 1,000?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Groomp wrote: »
    In terms of Cyro PvP, could there be a way to negate or, at least, greatly reduce points earned during a low population campaign? Certain players tend to nightcap when little to no players are on, giving them the upper hand in the campaign in spite of dominating enemy factions during prime time.

well, no, so what? someone plays during prime time, some during night....you can do it too !!!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does Zenimax plan to drop classes entirely in the future or will they remain forever, regardless of community feedback?
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Why i am stucked at very long load screens in Cirodiil? I can't just close and load game again due big queues
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does Zenimax plan to drop classes entirely in the future or will they remain forever, regardless of community feedback?

what is your argument that would support dropping them? no pun intended, I am really interrested ..
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

what is your argument that would support dropping them? no pun intended, I am really interrested ..

If that was aimed at me I actually don't support dropping them, I just asked Zenimax so those wanting it would know once and for all if it ever has a chance of happening or not lol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

If that was aimed at me I actually don't support dropping them, I just asked Zenimax so those wanting it would know once and for all if it ever has a chance of happening or not lol

ok, I also do not support dropping them :smiley:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is Sir Wrobel going to make a statement about Malubeth still over healing and making super soldiers in Cyrodiil even after the last fix ? There's been a few dozen threads every week in case you missed them .
  • Psychodaze
    For consoles, is there a posibily that we will ever see multiple area chat channels that we can have an option of joining?
    1. A Tamriel wide trade channel perhaps.
    2. A zone wide channel in Cyrodiil I know is needed big time.
    Edited by Psychodaze on July 29, 2016 8:06PM
  • Psychodaze
    Will we ever see jewelry crafting added to the crafting professions? I know many would love this added so we may tweak our stats even more.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Psychodaze wrote: »
    For consoles, is there a posibily that we will ever see multiple area chat channels that we can have an option of joining?

Perhaps we should wait until it goes live to ask such questions, because we may already have them lol
    Will we ever see jewelry crafting added to the crafting professions? I know many would love this added so we may tweak our stats even more.

We will. They already stated they want to do it but need to choose the right time for it, same with Spellcrafting. Who knows, perhaps they will both be part of the same skill line!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 8:16PM
  • Psychodaze
    Given that Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft have influenced many MMOs today, why steer away from what is successful? I'm speaking about the ingame selling of course. World of Warcraft has its auction house and Dark Age of Camelot has its porch merchants. Both of which are on a network that works perfectly. The guild stores in ESO is more of a headache than enjoyment. Having to travel all over the place to find them all. To have a guild store it will cost you anywhere from 100k to over a million gold to rent it for a WEEK. A WEEK! Where is the enjoyment in that?
  • Psychodaze

Perhaps we should wait until it goes live to ask such questions, because we may already have them lol

We will. They already stated they want to do it but need to choose the right time for it, same with Spellcrafting. Who knows, perhaps they will both be part of the same skill line!

Until what goes live?
    Edited by Psychodaze on July 29, 2016 8:38PM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Until what goes live?

Text chat, of course lol it goes live on the 16th with the new DLC. Also welcome to the forums!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 8:49PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a option in the dye station or barber shop with options for armor to look battle damaged, worn/weathered or even dirty. I think that would be a cool option rather than all of us running around in shiny new armor all the time.
This discussion has been closed.