The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered adding a cooldown effect for buffing abilities on consoles? Since we don't have addons and it can be difficult watching all the visual cues .I could be like the cooldown timer for potions.
    Edited by Nuntjako on July 11, 2016 5:10PM
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Questions for next time

1) Why does Eric Worbel think Argonian passives are so good. We may have had a lot of updates to them but they are widely considered the worst passives with most Argonain players playing them despite their racials not for them. Can we get the potion racial re-done, in the hope that we don't have it at all and get max magic and mana restore.

2) Do we have any news on player housing, will they come with a quest and title or will it just be purchased. Will we see a use for gold and AP points?

3) With the name change will you be cleansing the names of dead accounts?

4) A long time ago it was suggested that it would be considered to make AP (and alliance rank and titles account wide) is this still being considered?

5) Will we see an expansion to mages / fighters guilds with daily quests and better story's to bring them in line with the evil guilds DB/thieves?

6) Why is it so hard to remove exploiters from PvP. The system must be able to capture stats and see when a player is taking much less damage than they should or has a DPS out put way to high or way to long, rather than wait on hundreds of reports of cheating.
  • Nemethon
    Nemethon
    ✭✭✭
    My wish for Elder Scrolls Games. Make it playable with VR.

I already play Skyrim with Vorpx driver in VR (HTC Vive) and it's fantastic. No motion sickness. I installed a mod to see my body in 1st person and it works perfect. Aiming with mouse, moving with keyboard and look around with VR Headset.

The thing about motion sickness is, you need a virtual body or something other (*** in Elite Dangerous) to have a good feeling with moving in VR.

Please, be the first big Game Title to nativ support VR Headsets!

Best Regards,

Nemethon (Erik)
    Edited by Nemethon on July 11, 2016 6:41PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't so much a question as a request:

PLEASE can you give us estimates on maintenance times? Especially if it's going to be more than the regular 2 hour maintenance? And if it looks like it's going to take longer than your estimate, a simple update such as "We apologise for the ongoing delay but please be assured our maintenance teams are working hard on this!"
    Why is this such a big ask?

It's particularly annoying for us (apparently few) Australian players, whose prime gaming time (after school/work) is completely taken up by maintenance = especially those that stretch on and on until we just give up and go to bed.

Please?

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOOT/REWARDS in DUNGEONS

I think I'm not the only one feeling frustrated to farm vWGT or vICP over and over again only to get loot with absurd traits (training leading by far - I think I deconstructed 20 spell power cure boots and shoulders with that trait alone). Every equipment I'm using today indeed dropped before DB, so terrible are the drops ever since.

So instead of frustrating players with hight-end-dungeon which are a challenge for most and time-consuming for all only to drop loot that feels like a slap in the face - why not installing a reward system where you can choose what you get?

I'm not talking about making the vICP-run once and having the full scathing mage set afterwards, but what if you could earn tokens throughout the run which allow you to buy pieces of loot that only drop in that dungeon? With the traits you desire? Yes, it should be expensive, it should be hard to earn etc etc, and maybe you still had to farm vICP 50 times to get a full set. BUT you would know that there is a real chance to earn it instead of getting some random drop that makes you want to cry or rage.

Any thought about this?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we expect any more entries in the Loremaster's Archive or Meet the Character web series?
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Dear eso

A question - after watching eso off the record which was a great show they did an interview with rich lambert, he mentioned one tamriel would battle level low players which his wife is lvl 31.... Now the question is .. Did he just do one tamriel just so he can quest with his wife.

Regards Necrosis Soul
    Edited by shugg on July 13, 2016 5:30AM
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Will there ever be a third tier of difficulty to allow for more challenging content?
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever have more then 4 classes to choose from?
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is malubeth working as intended?
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to buy Maelstrom weapons off of a vendor as you did it with monster sets? Or do you at least plan on increasing the drop rate drastically? It will soon be a year since Orsinium DLC's release and I assume Maelstrom weapons' availability could use some tweaking.

Thank you
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    LOOT/REWARDS in DUNGEONS

I think I'm not the only one feeling frustrated to farm vWGT or vICP over and over again only to get loot with absurd traits (training leading by far - I think I deconstructed 20 spell power cure boots and shoulders with that trait alone). Every equipment I'm using today indeed dropped before DB, so terrible are the drops ever since.

So instead of frustrating players with hight-end-dungeon which are a challenge for most and time-consuming for all only to drop loot that feels like a slap in the face - why not installing a reward system where you can choose what you get?

I'm not talking about making the vICP-run once and having the full scathing mage set afterwards, but what if you could earn tokens throughout the run which allow you to buy pieces of loot that only drop in that dungeon? With the traits you desire? Yes, it should be expensive, it should be hard to earn etc etc, and maybe you still had to farm vICP 50 times to get a full set. BUT you would know that there is a real chance to earn it instead of getting some random drop that makes you want to cry or rage.

Any thought about this?

I am usually against ANOTHER "currency" but there was something about SwTor that I did enjoy and that was always getting the gear I wanted and needed or earning my way to them due to the FP/Raid commendation system and the fact it they still dropped gear. If they were to do the same I could get behind this.

Though again from my time in Swtor I would also like them to add a feature of the crafting system that exists there, and that is sacrificing dropped gear to player crafters for the chance at learning how to craft that piece of gear. Honestly the more I see from the upcoming dropped sets the more I fear that all the time I spent learning traits and maxing out my crafting is gonna be useless. This games RNG is terrible most of the time and I think both of these options would help out a great deal.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert
    TLDR
    "token" system for getting gear you want and need is ok as long as the dungeons still drop gear.
    Add in a "refinement" ability for crafters so they can roll for a chance at learning how to craft dropped set gear.one a 1 to 1 ratio (refine Ebon boots and succeed at the roll chance then learn how to make ebon boots not the full set)
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Afternoon!

I have one question that many PVP players including myself would like answered, as well as a follow up.

Why can't we mount during combat?
    Would you consider changing this?

As it is currently, you can easily be stuck in combat when the fight is long over. There's many mechanics that could be changed or altered to drastically improve quality of life, including but not limited to:
    • While mounting in combat, you start with 25% stamina
    • Not able to mount within 5-10 seconds since last damage dealt by you
    • Not able to mount within 5-10 seconds of taking damage

Any one of the above would be very easy to implement, and it would increase the QOL tenfold.
    At the very least, please explain why this mechanic is in place, and allow players to debate.

Kindest Regards,
    'Chaos

PS. Please consider tweaking DK's Dragon Blood to be viable in PVP without 60k health. Consider scaling off of Max Magicka so that it doesn't make stam DK's more OP.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom <3
    'Chaos
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    With VR devices knocking at the door, do you have plans on enhancing 1st person experience by adding more immersion elements like being able to see your body while in 1st person? I understand this would help us to enjoy even more the emotes and the new personalities.
    Edited by BenLocoDete on July 14, 2016 11:32PM
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are you ever going to fix the game for console players? I am on PC fortunatelly, I am fine, but reading those angry posts almost every day from console players complaining about so many issues that they ran into makes me sad!!!

ZOS please fix your game!!!
  • Matrixx00
    Matrixx00
    Soul Shriven
    Can we please get a timer for the availability of Enlightenment the way there are timers for Riding training and Researching traits? This way us console players who don't have access to addons can plan and better manage the development of our Champion level characters and still conveniently work on our alt characters.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOOT/REWARDS in DUNGEONS

Any thought about this?

Rather than a token system as I personally hate hearing that all the time on here.

Simply keep shackles and embers but inside the shackle vault.... (move it downstairs as it's a pig to get up the little ramp too) simply have what 8 chests that can be opened one per key...so a spell power chest, scathing mage chest..etc etc. So I can get the sets I want guaranteed and still be at the mercy of rng. That's fair right? NO ONE WANTS TORMENTOR OR IMPERIUM.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heya folks, been busy so time to post a few questions:

1. What software development life cycle (SDLC) do you follow at ZOS? A standard dev -> test -> QA -> prod run? Rapid application Development? How does this differ between PC & console? This is in relation to all the questions on "why can't ZOS just fix it" with bug fixes.
    2. Since there is no PTS on console due to the restrictions PS4 & Xbox give, is it possible to give console users access to the PTS server on computer? Some have decent PCs but never played it there back during the first years.
    3. Is there an atlas for the real life locations that inspired the ESO Zones? Was Cyrodiil based around SALT lake city?
    4. Will we see an improvement, upgrade, or at least higher drop rate of some of the first ring & weapon dungeon sets?
    5. Since hist sap drives most non-argonians mad, does that mean only Canadians & Vermonters should have maple syrup?
    6. Would it be possible to give players commander tags similar to Guild Wars 2 to let you see where the top players are on the map? This would be an opt in system for the top 10 in your alliance, and while exploitable by spies, we already have spies following these top players around and announcing locations. At least give an option to the crowned emperor
    7. Amor of the construct, a PVE set available in Crypt of Hearts, 5x bonus gives reduction to critical damage, something that only occurs in PVP. Do you have any plans to buff it's PVE aspects, make it available in PVP somewhere, or to upscale it to CP160? It seems a wierd reward for one side of the game when it's used in a different part of the game.

Thank you for your time.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please, consider this, I bet many people (including me) would really be ok with a quarter without a new DLC content and prefer a BUG FIX&LAG FIX QUARTER.

Seriously if you would fix all the major bugs and fix the lag in Cyrodiil, focus more on preventing bug exploits in Cyrodiil, hacking, botting, I bet that would attract more new players and make old players happier than a new DLC content!!

Just one quarter full focus on that and the game would be just 100 % awesome!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @Wrobel
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please would it be possible to add a division (separate tabs) into the quest journal, that would separate the Thieves guild quests from Dark brotherhood quests? That would make it more easy to distinguish them.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will there be a Switch Names Token? Three tokens will be hard on the budget!

Example: Have two characters named Bill and Bob, to switch names I will need 3 Name Change Tokens! Reason is you can not name a character to one already in use. So the name Bill would need Bill2 (since Bob is in use), then Bob to Bill and finally Bill2 to Bob.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS could you please remove the limit of maximum 25 quests active in the quest journal and make it unlimited? Why is there the limit? I do not get the point of it. I usually walk around the country and do various things and I am not always in mood for questing, but I would like to save them for later.

Edited by altemriel on July 16, 2016 5:28PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When extened periods of lag happen in Cyrodiil is it possible to kick/disconnect the top 10% of server message senders?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • speeez
    speeez
    ✭✭✭
    Why aren't capes/cloaks implemented in the game?
    Are there plans to put them in?
    If no, please have a reason that abides with the lore to confirm why they are not/will not be implemented.
    Thanks!
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/speeeztv
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/speeeztv
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are you gonna do for breton racial pasives? Are they remain gonna same.

You should understand and open eyes, see any magicka builds on third party support sites,

They always prefer Altmer or Dunmer or even Imperial for builds..

Bretons are ignored a lot, you will see thousands of Breton race change to another once released.

They have worst passives except magicka buff. I so like this race but gonna change as well.

This is what developers want?
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 17, 2016 2:56PM
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will running with personalities on be fixed? Running one sided is odd!
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will assistants be added to the character select screen like pets and mounts?

• KimberlyannKitsuragi
    When is update 11 coming?
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meri20098 wrote: »
    When is update 11 coming?

This one recalls the date of 1 August being mentioned for the PC and a couple of weeks later for the consoles.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes, 1 August for PC
This discussion has been closed.