Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The loot table revamp must happen for Update 11, not Update 12

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
  • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
  • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
    • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
    • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
  • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.
  1. You're just changing loot tables. This should not be that difficult. Why are you delaying this until Update 12?
  2. We were giving you feedback during the Update 10 PTS about our displeasure at the removal of Impenetrable, our disappointment that Training and Prosperous are still useless, and our disappointment that those two traits are being added. Frankly, this is an issue that should have been resolved during the Update 10 PTS cycle.
  3. Updated: While it is nice that Impenetrable is being added to the dungeon loot table, keeping Prosperous and Training in is very disappointing. If your goal is to keep a certain number of traits, then at the very least, Prosperous should be scrubbed so that the additional of Impenetrable keeps the dungeon trait count the same. After all, Impenetrable is actually better than Prosperous for people who are doing PvE grinding.
  4. There is a lot of interesting new gear being added in Update 11, and certain sets like Amberplasm and Chudan are highly-anticipated by PvPers. You are missing a huge opportunity here.
  5. While you solicited feedback about the armor traits, you did not solicit feedback about the weapon traits. If you had, you would see that people dislike Charged as much as they dislike Prosperous. It is baffling why Charged is even a valid trait for Maelstrom weapons. Charged must be removed from the vMA drop table.
  6. The exclusion of Impenetrable from trials is very disappointing. While the Aegis/Slayer sets (Alkosh, Infallible, etc.) don't make much sense outside of PvE, there are other sets that drop from trials--Dreugh King Slayer, Skirmisher, Ebon, Worm, etc.--that would be very useful in PvP and should be available in Impenetrable.

Frankly, I am beyond disappointed by this. We were telling you during the first two weeks of the Update 10 PTS that the loot table needs work. It's enough that we had to endure this broken loot table for all of Update 10, but to ask us to endure it for all of Update 11 is simply unacceptable. What motivation do I have for running these new dungeons if I'm still getting trash traits and if I'm still unable to get pieces in Impenetrable?
Edited by code65536 on July 26, 2016 4:24PM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • GreatWhite000
    GreatWhite000
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'm tired of getting prosperous and training stuff in vSO runs. Maelstrom drops need to be 100% as well - maelstrom weapons should be a 100% drop rate if they are going to be the absolute best weapons for end game pve (trials etc).
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you mean update 11? These loot table changes would be a nice addition for the new dungeons.

No, unfortunately this isn't something we can change in time for Update 11. We're planning these changes to go in with Update 12, later this year.
    Nothing else to discuss.

Edited by Cinbri on July 25, 2016 9:19PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who is bothering with gear on update 11? I have no opened an undaunted chest since Imperial city went live saving my keys for gear cap increase probably with update 12.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Who is bothering with gear on update 11?

I won't be bothering with the new dungeons, updated trials OR turning in my keys until they fix the loot tables.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We have an update for you. We will be making the following changes to Trait attainability with the launch of Update 12:
    • Prosperous and Training will be removed as a valid Trait for all items that drop in Trials
    • Valid Traits for Trials and Leaderboard rewards are as follows:
      • Weapons – Infused, Powered, Precise, Defending, Sharpened, Charged, Decisive
      • Armor – Infused, Divines, Well-Fitted, Reinforced, Sturdy
    • Items drops in the overland and in dungeons will have a chance of dropping with all available Traits, including Impenetrable

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us on this subject. We appreciate how constructive this discussion has been, and the ideas shared.
    1. You're just changing loot tables. This should not be that difficult. Why are you delaying this until Update 12?
    2. We were giving you feedback during the Update 10 PTS about our displeasure at the removal of Impenetrable, our disappointment that Training and Prosperous are still useless, and our disappointment that those two traits are being added. Frankly, this is an issue that should have been resolved during the Update 10 PTS cycle.
    3. There is a lot of interesting new gear being added in Update 11, and certain sets like Amberplasm and Chudan are highly-anticipated by PvPers. You are missing a huge opportunity here.
    4. While you solicited feedback about the armor traits, you did not solicit feedback about the weapon traits. If you had, you would see that people dislike Charged as much as they dislike Prosperous. It is baffling why Charged is even a valid trait for Maelstrom weapons. Charged must be removed from the vMA drop table.
    5. The exclusion of Impenetrable from trials is very disappointing. While the Aegis/Slayer sets (Alkosh, Infallible, etc.) don't make much sense outside of PvE, there are other sets that drop from trials--Dreugh King Slayer, Skirmisher, Ebon, Worm, etc.--that would be very useful in PvP and should be available in Impenetrable.

Frankly, I am beyond disappointed by this. We were telling you during the first two weeks of the Update 10 PTS that the loot table needs work. It's enough that we had to endure this broken loot table for all of Update 10, but to ask us to endure it for all of Update 11 is simply unacceptable. What motivation do I have for running these new dungeons if I'm still getting trash traits and if I'm still unable to get pieces in Impenetrable?

@code65536 Absolutely agree on all these points and already touched on the bolded italics in the official thread. The Update 12 bombshell was enough and makes the next patch now incredibly disappointing as a result to have all the same problems with the current content and now in the new dungeons and upscaled trials... What's worse is the blatant disregard to the community input on the thread regarding the decision and no explanation as to how they came to this conclusion yet.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on July 25, 2016 10:23PM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    Might be time for a break from the game, pretty gutted to hear this to be honest the grind is real. Unsub for the first time 2.
    Cant believe they even added that *** in the first place!
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed blessing. We'll be trading the BoP sets to attain swifter completion under the current trait paradigm, but converting our keys and other loot boxes would best be put off...

I'd like to second the OP's fifth point.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Do you mean update 11? These loot table changes would be a nice addition for the new dungeons.

No, unfortunately this isn't something we can change in time for Update 11. We're planning these changes to go in with Update 12, later this year.
    Nothing else to discuss.

Actually It shouldn't feel as a major update bonus but as an incremental patch, it's true that we told you about it since update 10, and it's also true that their drop rate is overwhelming. Prosperous and Training shouldn't have been insert Inside loot table for end-game gear.

Charged and Decisive are also ! AWFULL TRAITS on most Maestrom Weapon, and while we're at it powered is too, and infuse... well likely to be bad.

So why not revert loot table as they were, at least for Maestrom and Master Weapon, maybe add a powered resto staff, but other then that drop it.

AND ALSO LOOK AT MASTER WEAPON ! The ressource bonus will create a Desync all the time ! Please !!! And it would also be nice if we could get one-hand mace as drop for dual wield weapon. ...
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on July 26, 2016 4:31AM
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And training and prosperous will still be dropping from dungeons after this change, they even added impenetrable.... So it will be even harder to get divines from the dungeon sets...

That's a disastrous and uncomprehensible decision... How hard can it be : Remove Training and Prosperous..... !!
    Edited by Darlon on July 26, 2016 11:15AM
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the new proposal still looks terrible...maybe this will give them time to reconsider it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    And training and prosperous will still be dropping from dungeons after this change, they even added impenetrable.... So it will be even harder to get divines from the dungeon sets...

That's a disastrous and uncomprehensible decision... How hard can it be : Remove Training and Prosperous..... !!

Oh wow, I had been so caught up on "Update 12" that I hadn't noticed that the removal and of Training and Prosperous was for trial drops only and not for dungeons.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Hasn't there been enough voices already saying that Training and Prosperous needs to be scrubbed from dungeon loot tables? Or, if you want to keep a certain number of traits around, at the very least drop Prosperous so that the addition of Impenetrable keeps the trait count constant. There really is no greater insult of a trait in this game than Prosperous.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's crap that Impen is THE trait for PVP. That is all.
  • Qizax
    Qizax
    ✭✭
    Annnnnd..trips and falls flat on their face halfway to the finish line.

Picture the most obvious eye roll and deep sigh.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Nothing else to discuss.

So, there's really no reason to play ESO except to feed horses and say hi to guild-mates once or twice a week until Update 12 in Novemberish ? Seems like a good time to catch up on playing other games that were put on hold for ESO.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think it's time to take a break and unsub, so verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy frustrated with dungeon drops in training and preposterous.

Ran Vet icp and wgt till my eyes have bled and still only have 2 good traited pieces for my mageblade and healer .
  • Noobslayer3255
    Noobslayer3255
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to hear the rationale behind why impen will drop in dungeons but not trials, same with their decision to include training and prosperous in dungeon drops but not trials.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love how the last three Lord Warden Dusk head pieces I've received (casually ran over a period of two weeks, so not back-to-back) have all been Prosperous . . .
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    And dungeons crawlers still have to suck the unwanted traits.GG ZOS.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dungeons crawlers still have to suck the unwanted traits.GG ZOS.

I saw the poll they posted. Nobody wanted crap traits in dungeond either. ZoS really needs to understand tthat these drops (amd the rng grind to get them) actually punish players amd push them away from content. They seem to have gotten the hint, but not the full scope of the issue. It really IS thst bad.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get better chest loot to. Malichite shards are about the only reason to open them. That and to raise your legerman. Other than that there is no incentive to open these things.