Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having armor crafted? Follow this check list!

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As a crafter who sometimes gets disrespected or taken advantage of, I want to share this list of things you need to do when you procure yourself an armor crafter.

1) Please ask us questions about the amount of materials needed. It's frustrating going all the way out to a crafting station to learn they expected you to use your own materials and they pay you for them and you don't have enough on hand so you have to do their shopping for them and go back to the station. If you don't have time to buy your own materials, why would we?

2) Don't leave out important details in your armor order. If we don't know the style, armor weight, or trait, we can't make it.

3) Please don't be demanding. A little politeness goes a long way. Be respectful, we are doing you a favor, we are not obligated to help you.

4) Appreciate the little things we don't charge for. I personally never charge for essence runes except Hajeiko. I never charge for green crafting mats. I often don't charge for style mats unless its a pricey material. At the end of the day we accept those losses, however small they are. Some charge for every thing needed, some don't. Ask your crafter what to include in your materials, if they don't make you pay for some things, thank them!!!

5) Please tip your crafter! If you don't have gold, ask your crafter what types of things they could use. I've often received tips that were materials, items I could sell, or just pure gold. Show your appreciation for their service even if you can't tip them more than 1-2K, a few kind words goes a long way.

Feel free to add to this list, fellow crafters :)
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems you got some bad luck with players. I never have issues like this. Someone asks, I ask back one or two questions, everything works out fine.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do all my crafting for ppl for free and upgrade it to purple for free :/ even enchanting as long as you supply the mats for the gear
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ever I do crafting I just ask for the materials and then ask them to tip something. Sometimes I make a bunch of gold and sometimes I lose a bit of money.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the rules I follow OP,

1. Bring your own mats, period. Sometimes I can foot the bill on things like trait stones and style stones since I have a good chunk of them, but this rule comes first and foremost. No mats, no service.

2. I require the person using my services to come with me to the station so it can be crafted on site and they must be in party with me and have a microphone so we can double check everything they want is correct--Obviously if they can't access the DLC, in party and having a mic is fine. This means they see me working on the table and they get their gear right then and there. I don't have time to shovel gear in the mail, and it's a big hassle.

Have had zero problems doing that.

I have had situations where I was crafting for one guy and I got a PM from another guy needing his stuff made and hes right there watching me work. I set up him with all his shiney new wares and he was bouncing around like a child on christmas morning. A couple of weeks ago, I helped out someone who got scammed and even used my own enchant mats to set him up with enchantments since I felt bad for the guy. He said he had to re-grind up all his leathers all over again. He was extremely thankful and happy little PvER. :)
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 14, 2016 9:49PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a crafter who sometimes gets disrespected or taken advantage of, I want to share this list of things you need to do when you procure yourself an armor crafter.

1) Please ask us questions about the amount of materials needed. It's frustrating going all the way out to a crafting station to learn they expected you to use your own materials and they pay you for them and you don't have enough on hand so you have to do their shopping for them and go back to the station. If you don't have time to buy your own materials, why would we?

2) Don't leave out important details in your armor order. If we don't know the style, armor weight, or trait, we can't make it.

3) Please don't be demanding. A little politeness goes a long way. Be respectful, we are doing you a favor, we are not obligated to help you.

4) Appreciate the little things we don't charge for. I personally never charge for essence runes except Hajeiko. I never charge for green crafting mats. I often don't charge for style mats unless its a pricey material. At the end of the day we accept those losses, however small they are. Some charge for every thing needed, some don't. Ask your crafter what to include in your materials, if they don't make you pay for some things, thank them!!!

5) Please tip your crafter! If you don't have gold, ask your crafter what types of things they could use. I've often received tips that were materials, items I could sell, or just pure gold. Show your appreciation for their service even if you can't tip them more than 1-2K, a few kind words goes a long way.

Feel free to add to this list, fellow crafters :)

While I don't disagree with you... It sounds like you could save yourself a lot of headaches by taking the initiative and asking your client some questions beforehand.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol i wish people followed this list in real life as i work in retail :p What it comes down to is having respect for each other and realizing that it's ok for some people to be less knowledgeable on the subject than you are. If you have time to craft them armor, take an extra minute to explain them what they are not sure about, and confirm their order in a single whisper to have it 'on record'.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring you're own mats

Stop giving my name out to pugs afterwards making me gets tons of requesr. Hell I want to play the game

Don't ask for Gold armour and then expect me to use my own mats. FOR FREE

Know your runestones

Bring your down sapphire do you think im a crafting node?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop giving my name out to pugs afterwards making me gets tons of requesr. Hell I want to play the game

I also do this as well. I tell friends and guildmates to keep my services quiet so I can go and enjoy the game. If not, then everyone wants to use your 9-trait do-it-all crafter. :( Which I don't understand why other folks don't invest in all the crafting trades. There is soo much freedom to be had and sciencing to brew when you have your own characters who can do everything for you. Saves a lot of time, money and headaches.

And logging onto 4-5 different guys with hireling mail and getting gold mats is pretty sweet :trollface:
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 14, 2016 10:00PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ask for Gold armour and then expect me to use my own mats. FOR FREE

Oh god this.

On a related note, three other things I've run across again, recently.

If you're after a set, please don't ask for a drop set. If you do ask for a drop set, understand that what you're asking for is impossible. I don't care how awesome your guildmates are telling you Vicious Death is, you cannot get anyone to craft it for you.

Don't ask me to cough up the Malechite. Don't ask me to cough up the Dwemer Frames. Those are not cheap.

If you're wanting research pieces, don't assume that 250g is a reasonable tip for Nirnhoned.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this post. All of the hassle is why I erased my guild notes that said I was a master crafter. I often wasted half of my already limited play time shopping and running to crafting stations to end up not getting paid, or getting paid less than I spent on mats (like a guy who didn't want to pay the a Kuta because the rune he wanted was low level, like if that changed the price of a Kuta at all).

I still offer to craft if someone is looking for a crafter on guild chat and no one steps up, for friends and for new players asking for help, but now I prefer to offer to craft when I'm on the mood instead of being requested to craft whenever.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most common slight I get is lack of details.

"Can you make 5 medium hundings?"
    • What level
    • What slots
    • What traits
    • What quality
    • What style
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Don't expect the crafter to drop everything immediately & rush off to make your armour. Their game time is just as important as yours. Have the patience to wait until they've finished that dungeon, or delve or whatever it was they were doing when you asked.

- be clear and concise when giving out details on what you want. If you want different traits/styles on different pieces, list each piece with full details

- Don't expect the crafter to be a mind reader, especially if you're a stranger to them. If you don't know what you want, how will they? By all means ask for advice, but don't expect the crafter to automatically know your character's build, or your play style without you telling them.
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For crafting I made myself a document and put a tinyurl with the link in my guild note, with mention to read before requesting.
    First and foremost my services are free. If you feel like tipping please do so to the guild bank.

Provisioning

Ambrosia I will make if you send me the Perfect Roe if it is for your consumption.

Orzorga's recipes I will need the the 25 of the following materials sent for 1 stack of 100.
    Red Frothgar - Clear Water
    Blood Price Pie - Violet Coprinus
    Triple Trifle Pocket - Columbine
    Smoked Bear Haunch - Perfect Roe & White Cap

Other than those I can make all food or drinks with my materials including the tri-stat foods. Just let me know what buffs you are looking for. If you prefer a specific named food/drink so you don’t need to change your quickslot, that’s fine too just let me know which. I will send 1 stack per request for CP 150 and above, for any lower levels I will send 20,

Equipment

9 trait in everything.

I will make up to CP80 rare(blue) equipment along with an rare(blue) enchant using my mats if I have them. If I don’t have them you will have to supply the wood, ingot, cloth and or leather needed.

For CP 90 and higher equipment you will need to supply the wood, ingot, cloth and or leather needed.

For epic(purple) and legendary(yellow) gear you will need to supply the upgrade material needed. For epic(purple) it requires 4 items per piece, for legendary(yellow) it is 8 items per piece as well as the 4 items needed to make it epic(purple) first.

All motifs known with the exception of some Akaviri. If you want a specific style please include the style mats needed to make. If none are sent I will choose 1 style based on what style mats I have on hand and am willing to part with.

Enchanting

Up to CP 150 epic(purple) I will use my own materials.

For CP 160 please include the Repora or Itade that is needed to make.

For legendary(yellow) please include the Kuta that is needed to make.

For prismatic enchants please include the Hakeijo that is needed to make.

I will occasionally make someone glyphs to deconstruct if I know they are leveling enchanting, but I do insist this doesn’t get asked for.

Alchemy

I don’t do alchemy for others.

Please Note

I know the following will seem like it doesn’t need to be said, but in my experiences it does need to be said...

My services are limited to guild members of this guild. Please do not ask for friends in other guilds, and do not sell something I have made. If I see this happen you will be added to my ignore list.

I don’t like shopping. Please do not expect me to go out and find the specific mats needed to craft your gear. As outlined above, I will use my mats on CP 80 and below items if I have them. If I don’t have them, it is up to the person needing the items to find them.

I also include a small spreadsheet of what materials I have available as of last time I checked inventory.

The reasoning for wanting to use my own mats for the smaller stuff... I don't need them, and it ends up being a lot faster using my own vs being sent the wrong ones or wrong amount.

I really don't like tips because I don't want someone thinking because they tipped me 1k for making 2 sets that I am obligated to craft on command for them in the future. This has happened in other games.

I have also found someone selling stuff I have crafted in other games... This infuriates me to no end. I really wish games would give crafters the ability to mail out their crafted items to be BoP for the recipient of the mail.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    ...(like a guy who didn't want to pay the a Kuta because the rune he wanted was low level, like if that changed the price of a Kuta at all).

I still remember a guy in Stonefalls trying to get someone to make him a gold set for 5k.

I just kept my mouth shut that time and watched zone rip him appart.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're wanting research pieces, don't assume that 250g is a reasonable tip for Nirnhoned.

Sometimes I offer to make free research items for my guildies. Even though I always stress that 'nirnhoned' is not included in the offer, I once had someone ask me to make all 9 heavy pieces with nirnhoned for research. I told him if he sent me all the required nirnhoned, I would. When he found out how much they cost a piece though, he quickly changed his mind! :D

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I offer to make free research items for my guildies. Even though I always stress that 'nirnhoned' is not included in the offer, I once had someone ask me to make all 9 heavy pieces with nirnhoned for research. I told him if he sent me all the required nirnhoned, I would. When he found out how much they cost a piece though, he quickly changed his mind! :D

Yeah, I had something similar over the weekend. I asked him if he had the Nirnhoned on hand, and he went, "no, but I can get some quickly." Never heard back.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.

For me, tips are a way for the customer to say 'Thankyou for taking the time to craft for me." Personally I don't ask for gold, only for any 'exotic' mats or if I don't have enough. But often I still receive tips because the customer wants to give me something and not feel like a freeloader. :smile:

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is really a "thank you for your time". Especially if you want your crafter to go to the Imperial City and dodge daedra and members of the opposing alliances to make you a set. It is not needed, but it is polite to tip when someone spends their time on something that is exclusively for your benefit. It is more about being polite than about the value being relevant, in my opinion.

I don't really mind when people don't send me tips, but I get really happy and I feel appreciated when they do.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - It probably took me longer to research 9 traits than you(the person making a request) have been playing the game, to put it in perspective. The combined value of the nirncrux I threw away and the research by the people I learned the trait from probably cost more than the gear you're upgrading from tenfold. Respect the 9 trait sets, drop a bigger tip, show some thanks, do something!
    - Don't assume your crafter is also a blacksmithwoodworkerclothierenchanter that dabbles in alchemy and provisioning. This is the case for me, and you should appreciate the one-shop-stop with a bigger tip :)
    - I am a craftsman, not a Tamriel Foundry theory crafting page for your build. I don't know what set is the best for you, which one you're going to have the most fun with, which style "looks best" (please kill me with this question), what your optimal trait options are going to be. If you ask I'll be nice enough to make recommendations and let you know that I am not a master at this, this is a hint that I didn't want you to ask. Know what set you want, please?
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • blacksanctuary

I always charge for crafting, I am not going to spend 20 to 30 mins of my time for free to craft something for you when I could be spending my time elsewhere.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha, not all of us! It costs me basically all of my gold just keeping up with the motifs that people want their gear in, let alone having any to buy myself anything nice. In fact, I wear mostly crafted gear just because it's what I have access to. Besides, even if I had more gold on hand, I'm not a charity drive. Maybe to guildmates and friends, but I don't think it's unfair to want to profit from the literal months of time in research alone.

The last time I remember buying things for myself were... Healthy Willpower rings back when that was pretty new but the price had simmered down, and the Akiviri maces motif on a splurge purchase because I had the gold and MORNING STARS YAY. Months apart from eachother, filled inbetween by motif after motif that I didn't want but other people did :c
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on July 14, 2016 11:09PM
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do all my crafting for ppl for free and upgrade it to purple for free :/ even enchanting as long as you supply the mats for the gear

I do this for guildies, but only up to Blue, if they want Purple or Gold, they supply the upgrade materials or have their own crafter upgrade it..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it's different on PC, but I stopped crafting for people on PS4 because the people who ask are usually the ones who make ridiculous requests. And I'm 9 trait in everything with most styles and plenty of mats. I just can't stand the entitlement. Drives me nuts.

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always charge for crafting, I am not going to spend 20 to 30 mins of my time for free to craft something for you when I could be spending my time elsewhere.

Not to mention the time spent deciphering requests such as these! :D

and this was after I asked for detailed instructions.... *sigh*

amkg.jpg

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

amkg.jpg

Well... at least you have a motif for the head piece, and whether they want shirt or robe :D
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good discussion.

A while ago, I created a buyers' guide to crafted items on my blog to refer potential customers to.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-the-buyers-guide-to-equipment-crafting/

It includes
    • the materials and quantities required for the various levels and items
    • the number of improvement items required by master crafters
    • the various trait descriptions
    • a link to descriptions of all the crafted sets which includes the number of traits required by the crafter.

Any suggestions to make it better are appreciated.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

amkg.jpg

Well... at least you have a motif for the head piece, and whether they want shirt or robe :D[/quote]

hahaha true! Guess it's a start! :D Usually I always have to ask whether 'robe or shirt' because they fail to specify.
    Good discussion.

A while ago, I created a buyers' guide to crafted items on my blog to refer potential customers to.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-the-buyers-guide-to-equipment-crafting/

Awesome guide @BenevolentBowd !! Well done to you for putting together such an excellent & useful guide! Do you mind if I link it on our guild website?

• Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you bring you own mats, that doesn't mean I'm making your armor for free. If we're talking 8-9 trait armor there is a very good chance that I'm going to fight my way there, and that's going to take time. Especially if you're getting a full set made with 5 pieces of one set, and 2-5 of another. If that's the case, then either tip accordingly, or come with me while I'm making your new shineys.

Asking me to run all over creation for 20-45 minutes to make you new stuff for a whopping 1-3k tip total while you have fun running a dungeon, trial, quests, PVP, or just farming crafting nodes is really pretty darned rude. Just some food for thought when commissioning someone to make you armor, or anything else for that matter in this game.

Remember, to get to 9-Traits we've most likely spent hundreds of thousands in gold and 1.5-2 years of time to get there. ;)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

amkg.jpg

Clearly this is someone who wanted a mix of vet 1 and Vet 5 pieces of Death's Wind in Argonian. Probably in white. :p