Maintenance for the week of March 27:
• No PC/Mac maintenance – March 27

Having armor crafted? Follow this check list!

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
As a crafter who sometimes gets disrespected or taken advantage of, I want to share this list of things you need to do when you procure yourself an armor crafter.

1) Please ask us questions about the amount of materials needed. It's frustrating going all the way out to a crafting station to learn they expected you to use your own materials and they pay you for them and you don't have enough on hand so you have to do their shopping for them and go back to the station. If you don't have time to buy your own materials, why would we?

2) Don't leave out important details in your armor order. If we don't know the style, armor weight, or trait, we can't make it.

3) Please don't be demanding. A little politeness goes a long way. Be respectful, we are doing you a favor, we are not obligated to help you.

4) Appreciate the little things we don't charge for. I personally never charge for essence runes except Hajeiko. I never charge for green crafting mats. I often don't charge for style mats unless its a pricey material. At the end of the day we accept those losses, however small they are. Some charge for every thing needed, some don't. Ask your crafter what to include in your materials, if they don't make you pay for some things, thank them!!!

5) Please tip your crafter! If you don't have gold, ask your crafter what types of things they could use. I've often received tips that were materials, items I could sell, or just pure gold. Show your appreciation for their service even if you can't tip them more than 1-2K, a few kind words goes a long way.

Feel free to add to this list, fellow crafters :)
9 Trait Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Shello2004 if you have crafting needs!
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems you got some bad luck with players. I never have issues like this. Someone asks, I ask back one or two questions, everything works out fine.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do all my crafting for ppl for free and upgrade it to purple for free :/ even enchanting as long as you supply the mats for the gear
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When ever I do crafting I just ask for the materials and then ask them to tip something. Sometimes I make a bunch of gold and sometimes I lose a bit of money.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a crafter who sometimes gets disrespected or taken advantage of, I want to share this list of things you need to do when you procure yourself an armor crafter.

1) Please ask us questions about the amount of materials needed. It's frustrating going all the way out to a crafting station to learn they expected you to use your own materials and they pay you for them and you don't have enough on hand so you have to do their shopping for them and go back to the station. If you don't have time to buy your own materials, why would we?

2) Don't leave out important details in your armor order. If we don't know the style, armor weight, or trait, we can't make it.

3) Please don't be demanding. A little politeness goes a long way. Be respectful, we are doing you a favor, we are not obligated to help you.

4) Appreciate the little things we don't charge for. I personally never charge for essence runes except Hajeiko. I never charge for green crafting mats. I often don't charge for style mats unless its a pricey material. At the end of the day we accept those losses, however small they are. Some charge for every thing needed, some don't. Ask your crafter what to include in your materials, if they don't make you pay for some things, thank them!!!

5) Please tip your crafter! If you don't have gold, ask your crafter what types of things they could use. I've often received tips that were materials, items I could sell, or just pure gold. Show your appreciation for their service even if you can't tip them more than 1-2K, a few kind words goes a long way.

Feel free to add to this list, fellow crafters :)

While I don't disagree with you... It sounds like you could save yourself a lot of headaches by taking the initiative and asking your client some questions beforehand.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol i wish people followed this list in real life as i work in retail :p What it comes down to is having respect for each other and realizing that it's ok for some people to be less knowledgeable on the subject than you are. If you have time to craft them armor, take an extra minute to explain them what they are not sure about, and confirm their order in a single whisper to have it 'on record'.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Ex-Main, now neglected like the first wife of a millionair who got rich right after divorce
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer/Dps. Will slot Ele Drain if asked nicely
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her?
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring you're own mats

Stop giving my name out to pugs afterwards making me gets tons of requesr. Hell I want to play the game

Don't ask for Gold armour and then expect me to use my own mats. FOR FREE

Know your runestones

Bring your down sapphire do you think im a crafting node?
    Xbox NA

Gamertag-Burning Talons
    CP 531
    The Subjugator of Nirn

EP Dark Elf Magicka DragonKnight- Vayvron the Subjugator
    AD Dark Elf Magicka DragonKnight - Faelon Nimok
    EP Imperial Magicka DragonKnight - Tulius vi Nimok
    AD Breton Magicka Templar - Xyria Nimok
    EP Breton Magicka Sorceror - Ayrana vi Nimok
    EP Breton Magicka Nightblade - Name Classified
    DC Magicka DragonKnight- Dredgor the Conqueror
    EP Magicka Templar- Leodious

"Burning Talons too OP please nerf"-Gahndi

Youtube http://bit.do/Burning-Talons

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop giving my name out to pugs afterwards making me gets tons of requesr. Hell I want to play the game

I also do this as well. I tell friends and guildmates to keep my services quiet so I can go and enjoy the game. If not, then everyone wants to use your 9-trait do-it-all crafter. :( Which I don't understand why other folks don't invest in all the crafting trades. There is soo much freedom to be had and sciencing to brew when you have your own characters who can do everything for you. Saves a lot of time, money and headaches.

And logging onto 4-5 different guys with hireling mail and getting gold mats is pretty sweet :trollface:
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 14, 2016 10:00PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    ...(like a guy who didn't want to pay the a Kuta because the rune he wanted was low level, like if that changed the price of a Kuta at all).

I still remember a guy in Stonefalls trying to get someone to make him a gold set for 5k.

I just kept my mouth shut that time and watched zone rip him appart.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're wanting research pieces, don't assume that 250g is a reasonable tip for Nirnhoned.

Sometimes I offer to make free research items for my guildies. Even though I always stress that 'nirnhoned' is not included in the offer, I once had someone ask me to make all 9 heavy pieces with nirnhoned for research. I told him if he sent me all the required nirnhoned, I would. When he found out how much they cost a piece though, he quickly changed his mind! :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

CP 501+ drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're wanting research pieces, don't assume that 250g is a reasonable tip for Nirnhoned.

Sometimes I offer to make free research items for my guildies. Even though I always stress that 'nirnhoned' is not included in the offer, I once had someone ask me to make all 9 heavy pieces with nirnhoned for research. I told him if he sent me all the required nirnhoned, I would. When he found out how much they cost a piece though, he quickly changed his mind! :D

Yeah, I had something similar over the weekend. I asked him if he had the Nirnhoned on hand, and he went, "no, but I can get some quickly." Never heard back.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.
    Gamer Tag: ArchMikem NA - XB1 - Ebonheart Pact - CP600+
    Lvl50 Khajiit - Magicka Templar [DPS/Healer]
    Lvl50 Khajiit - Stamina Nightblade [DPS]
    Lvl50 Khajiit - Magicka Sorcerer [DPS/Wannabe Healer]
    Lvl50 Khajiit - Stamina Dragonknight [DPS]
    Lvl50 Argonian - Magicka Templar [Healer]

Make Khajiit Fluffy Again!
    I contribute to the Raw Tamriel Screenshot Collection!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.

For me, tips are a way for the customer to say 'Thankyou for taking the time to craft for me." Personally I don't ask for gold, only for any 'exotic' mats or if I don't have enough. But often I still receive tips because the customer wants to give me something and not feel like a freeloader. :smile:

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha, not all of us! It costs me basically all of my gold just keeping up with the motifs that people want their gear in, let alone having any to buy myself anything nice. In fact, I wear mostly crafted gear just because it's what I have access to. Besides, even if I had more gold on hand, I'm not a charity drive. Maybe to guildmates and friends, but I don't think it's unfair to want to profit from the literal months of time in research alone.

The last time I remember buying things for myself were... Healthy Willpower rings back when that was pretty new but the price had simmered down, and the Akiviri maces motif on a splurge purchase because I had the gold and MORNING STARS YAY. Months apart from eachother, filled inbetween by motif after motif that I didn't want but other people did :c
    Edited by KochDerDamonen on July 14, 2016 11:09PM
    PC NA
    PS4 NA
    Candied-Posterior | EP | Templar | Healer / Tank
    Tends-The-Flock | EP | Templar | (stamina)DD / Tank
    Ja'Tsibi Kihhan | AD | Nightblade | Tank

+ More, less played
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do all my crafting for ppl for free and upgrade it to purple for free :/ even enchanting as long as you supply the mats for the gear

I do this for guildies, but only up to Blue, if they want Purple or Gold, they supply the upgrade materials or have their own crafter upgrade it..
    Signed,
    Kotaro Atani.
    VR16 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS4, and of course Master Thief. CP 600/currently 884 out of 3600.

Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade.

Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home !

http://tamrielfoundry.com/members/kotaro-atani/ / http://i58.tinypic.com/25p6yd2.png http://i66.tinypic.com/5bc5e.png

Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS4 and on NA PC.

Things ZOS needs to Fix:"Lag in PvP" / Guild Bank Lag /The Khajiit race is the only one without a Attribute bonus in the game, give them one, health would be fine / weapon dyes are needed /Magicka builds need a slight buff (looks like they got it with 8% more dmg on Destruction staves with Housing patch) / intelligent drops is not smart / Jewelry Crafting for Crafted Sets needs to be added / Fix it ZOS, fix it.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it's different on PC, but I stopped crafting for people on PS4 because the people who ask are usually the ones who make ridiculous requests. And I'm 9 trait in everything with most styles and plenty of mats. I just can't stand the entitlement. Drives me nuts.

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always charge for crafting, I am not going to spend 20 to 30 mins of my time for free to craft something for you when I could be spending my time elsewhere.

Not to mention the time spent deciphering requests such as these! :D

and this was after I asked for detailed instructions.... *sigh*

amkg.jpg

Well... at least you have a motif for the head piece, and whether they want shirt or robe :D
    PC NA
    PS4 NA
    Candied-Posterior | EP | Templar | Healer / Tank
    Tends-The-Flock | EP | Templar | (stamina)DD / Tank
    Ja'Tsibi Kihhan | AD | Nightblade | Tank

+ More, less played
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭

amkg.jpg

Well... at least you have a motif for the head piece, and whether they want shirt or robe :D[/quote]

hahaha true! Guess it's a start! :D Usually I always have to ask whether 'robe or shirt' because they fail to specify.
    Good discussion.

A while ago, I created a buyers' guide to crafted items on my blog to refer potential customers to.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-the-buyers-guide-to-equipment-crafting/

Awesome guide @BenevolentBowd !! Well done to you for putting together such an excellent & useful guide! Do you mind if I link it on our guild website?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always charge for crafting, I am not going to spend 20 to 30 mins of my time for free to craft something for you when I could be spending my time elsewhere.

amkg.jpg

Clearly this is someone who wanted a mix of vet 1 and Vet 5 pieces of Death's Wind in Argonian. Probably in white. :p