The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having armor crafted? Follow this check list!

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair warning: if you irk me enough, and don't ask for a specific set, and I'm not above crafting Oblivion's Foe out of spite. :p

EDIT: To be fair, I've also been known to craft TBS for players who didn't know what they were doing with their set and needed something they could play around with.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 15, 2016 12:30AM
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    amen to this sick of people expecting me to just craft them things without any info or using my own mats
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends really if your under level CP140 you better bring your own mats I don't mind crafting for lower level guys but its such a pain to find or buy those mats also bring your own style mats especially if its rare. I hate when people tell me they don't know what style so I'm like ok all Breton for you then.

but if you bring your own mats and style and if all gos well I'll provide trait mats except Nirnhorned and will even upgrade the gear to green for a low price
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you come to a retail store and have no idea what you want, I cant help you either even if I work there. Give the crafter as much information as possible and know what you want before hand.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other day I had a CP88 asked me to craft some stuff. Offered to pay, get the mats and everything.

Get to the station, he gets super picky about every single thing. I think fine, I'm picky too, and I'm getting paid. Wants me to make him some Glass items, but since he gave me (half) the Malachite needed, I was mad but didn't care too much.

After finishing an entire set along with three weapons, all purple, he takes everything and just leaves. No payment, no nothing.

I've never been so frustrated.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's a proper asking price when crafting armor, assuming they provide the mats? Do you charge by the piece?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.

It is really a "thank you for your time". Especially if you want your crafter to go to the Imperial City and dodge daedra and members of the opposing alliances to make you a set.

There's a Crafting Station in the Imperial City? Damn, and here I was thanking the Hell out of my Guildmaster for making me only a few pieces of Julianos cause I didn't have enough traits for them myself. I'd never ask someone go that far out of their way like that.

And I mean I DO like to offer something for their time, I just think Payment shouldn't be required. It's a simple ask politely and either get a yes or no type deal. Even then I personally am striving to craft my own stuff as best I can.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other day I had a CP88 asked me to craft some stuff. Offered to pay, get the mats and everything.

Get to the station, he gets super picky about every single thing. I think fine, I'm picky too, and I'm getting paid. Wants me to make him some Glass items, but since he gave me (half) the Malachite needed, I was mad but didn't care too much.

After finishing an entire set along with three weapons, all purple, he takes everything and just leaves. No payment, no nothing.

I've never been so frustrated.

Oh man I would've been furious and I'm not easily angered by things in game. Does it not show the gold traded when in the trading menu?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Not sure why Crafters would want tips. I'd assume those of you who are master crafters with everything researched to be quite wealthy players as well. What's 1k - 2k gold to you when you already have 100k+?

As long as Materials and civility are provided to the Crafter it doesn't feel like Gold needs to be involved.

It is really a "thank you for your time". Especially if you want your crafter to go to the Imperial City and dodge daedra and members of the opposing alliances to make you a set.

There's a Crafting Station in the Imperial City? Damn, and here I was thanking the Hell out of my Guildmaster for making me only a few pieces of Julianos cause I didn't have enough traits for them myself. I'd never ask someone go that far out of their way like that.

And I mean I DO like to offer something for their time, I just think Payment shouldn't be required. It's a simple ask politely and either get a yes or no type deal. Even then I personally am striving to craft my own stuff as best I can.

There's three.

Noble's Conquest (5 trait): +Health, +Stam, +Healing Received, Interrupting an attack heals you and makes the enemy vulnerable.

Redistribution (7 trait): +Health, +Stam, +Mag, Receiving heals also heals an ally.

Armor Master (9 trait): +Health, +Phys Resist, +Mag Resist, Armor Active Abilities increase your health by 5% while equipped and give you phys and mag resist when used.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 15, 2016 1:43AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also when a crafter says i need x of this, that and what have you, dont ignore their list & send them 1,000 moonstone and think this is an adequate substitute to 600 rubedite!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also when a crafter says i need x of this, that and what have you, dont ignore their list & send them 1,000 moonstone and think this is an adequate substitute to 600 rubedite!

I feel like there's a horrifying story behind that one.

Ugh.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Don't expect the crafter to drop everything immediately & rush off to make your armour. Their game time is just as important as yours. Have the patience to wait until they've finished that dungeon, or delve or whatever it was they were doing when you asked.

- be clear and concise when giving out details on what you want. If you want different traits/styles on different pieces, list each piece with full details

- Don't expect the crafter to be a mind reader, especially if you're a stranger to them. If you don't know what you want, how will they? By all means ask for advice, but don't expect the crafter to automatically know your character's build, or your play style without you telling them.

ive had people contact me ask me to make them the 'x'build set, and make it look like 'x'players armour, and dye it for them at which point i have to explain, i have no idea what you are talking about, i dont know what the 'x' build is, i dont follow (ANY) you tubers, and if i dyed your armour it would be bound to me!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Runs

"I have also found someone selling stuff I have crafted in other games... This infuriates me to no end. I really wish games would give crafters the ability to mail out their crafted items to be BoP for the recipient of the mail."

this happened to me in this game XBOX EU

someone i had been in a guild with for almost a year, i had helped them from the day they started playing the game, (making them armour, helping them on quests, helping with their build teaching them how to PvP)

i made them what i thought was their end game gear, used a lot of my own supplies (with the promise of akaviri motifs in the future) so they could try maelstrom and they listed it for sale,

when i confronted them theyre response - whats your f*ing problem?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to mention the time spent deciphering requests such as these! :D

and this was after I asked for detailed instructions.... *sigh*

amkg.jpg

Well... at least you have a motif for the head piece, and whether they want shirt or robe :D

hahaha true! Guess it's a start! :D Usually I always have to ask whether 'robe or shirt' because they fail to specify.
    Good discussion.

A while ago, I created a buyers' guide to crafted items on my blog to refer potential customers to.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-the-buyers-guide-to-equipment-crafting/

Awesome guide @BenevolentBowd !! Well done to you for putting together such an excellent & useful guide! Do you mind if I link it on our guild website? [/quote]

Glad you find it useful. Feel free to share the link.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Don't expect the crafter to drop everything immediately & rush off to make your armour. Their game time is just as important as yours. Have the patience to wait until they've finished that dungeon, or delve or whatever it was they were doing when you asked.

- be clear and concise when giving out details on what you want. If you want different traits/styles on different pieces, list each piece with full details

- Don't expect the crafter to be a mind reader, especially if you're a stranger to them. If you don't know what you want, how will they? By all means ask for advice, but don't expect the crafter to automatically know your character's build, or your play style without you telling them.

ive had people contact me ask me to make them the 'x'build set, and make it look like 'x'players armour, and dye it for them at which point i have to explain, i have no idea what you are talking about, i dont know what the 'x' build is, i dont follow (ANY) you tubers, and if i dyed your armour it would be bound to me!

Bonus points in that this crowd invariably includes drop sets in their builds, and then I end up with the requests to craft trial or cyrodiil gear, including jewelry.

*slams head into desk repeatedly*
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    Oh man I would've been furious and I'm not easily angered by things in game. Does it not show the gold traded when in the trading menu?

He told me last second when I was trading everything over. I was just so pissed that I gave him the stuff and logged out.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like there's a horrifying story behind that one.

Ugh.

luckily i have received enough minor burns as a crafter, that i ask for mats up front, but someone asked for armour master,

i got them to send it in the mail, and it came attached as sorry im a bit short of rubedite will this do?

edt: this was after they a red, i a yellow fought a mini army of blues to get to the craft station....

Edited by bebynnag on July 15, 2016 2:16AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »

He told me last second when I was trading everything over. I was just so pissed that I gave him the stuff and logged out.

Honestly, that's the point you cancel the transaction, and try to recoup whatever you can in the guild store. I hate listing crafted items in there, because nine times out of ten it's something that nobody will want to buy.

I still remember when I got stiffed on a nirnhoned research staff. The thing sat in the kiosk for two months before someone picked it up. :\
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving the stories.

This one is on me for being a newbie and not asking. One of the first times I crafted something to someone in the game, they asked for 5 medium pieces of Hunding's Rage and two heavy pieces of another set that I can't remember now, all Imperial style. They didn't specify which pieces they wanted to be heavy, and I made shoulders and belt. They really didn't like the huge shoulders on the skin-tight medium armor at all, but laughed it off xD

If the person I crafted this set two years ago is reading this, I'm sorry. I was very nervous. Thanks for not being mad at me.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have only crafted one item for an unknown person - I went to the station to craft my own stuff and he was parked there waiting for anyone who could craft it for him. He wanted cp160, specified the trait, didn't care about the style as he wore costumes all the time and gave me a full stack to use up front. I made him the piece and gave him the material I didn't use - no hassle so no charge - easy as.

If I were to make anything else for anyone I did not know, it would be gold and/or material up front and if they did not trust me enough to do that then fine, I'll continue on my way.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive often found myself in the, im not giving you the materials upfront for CR160 sets, and im of the, im not using my own materials to craft you your set situation. (usually because i dont have the materials... i have 10 characters LOL)
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really charge for crafting, but I often receive flowers, roses, impstools, or the occasional worm from guildmates which always makes me laugh, so it's worth it :)

On the other hand, the people I detest the most are the ones who expect you to drop everything and craft their items immediately. My usual terms are that requests will be completed within a day, as I have a specific time for crafting everyday. But then, sometimes I get messages like this, and these people automatically go onto my no-craft list ...

28vcDOB.png

This was sent an hour after the initial request, and I was offline for both these mails :/

On a separate note, one of my fellow crafters will make argonian gear for anyone and everyone who doesn't specify what style they want; newbies find it pretty funny and learn quickly, but the ones who get CP 160 gear rage a lot (which is also funny).
    Edited by Lariana on July 15, 2016 4:18AM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always tip my crafter 50% of total cost
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    On a separate note, one of my fellow crafters will make argonian gear for anyone and everyone who doesn't specify what style they want; newbies find it pretty funny and learn quickly, but the ones who get CP 160 gear rage a lot (which is also funny).

Yeah, if someone gets on my nerves, and hasn't specified a style, they're getting Argonian.

If it's honestly someone who doesn't know the motifs, and is new to the game, I'll usually lean towards Ancient Elf.
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey crafters out there.. What is a reasonable tip (gold) that someone can offer? I usually tip at least 7,000 or 10,000 gold if I am well off.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't advertise or openly offer my services but I wouldn't charge anyone if they were happy for it to be done on my terms, as I don't need the gold. If anyone did ask me and wanted to be difficult, I just wouldn't craft anything for them at all.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's about time and dedication, appreciation for the craft. I often get asked for me to craft gear. I have every motif in the game and 9 trait on everything.

I've been so abused I've simplified it. I say, I'll make any set you want (a 5/4 or 5/3) I'll turn it blue, provide style mats for basic sets and trait gems. The person wanting a set is to provide all matetials and tannins beyond blue and any style mats that are expensive or rare.

I charge 20k for this.

The serious people figure out what they need, provided items, and get a sick 5/4 armor master trinimac set. They're always happy. 20k is nothing, but an appreciation for my dedication to research, and the close to 5 million gold to have every style unlocked.

The people who argue 20k is too much usually doesn't play enouhh to have a clue about what it really takes to get to where I'm at now. When people argue that it should be free, I often say, feel free to research 5-6-9 traits and buy all the motifs to make it what they want, and then they'll appreciate where I'm coming from.

Again, 20k to get whatever you could possibly desire armor wise isn't much to ask.

I don't bend on this too much. Again it's usually people who expect things for free and aren't a crafter themselves who argue the price.

I do the same for 9-10 glyphs for 10k.

Friends always get a 10k tag (or free) and 4K on glyphs.
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on July 15, 2016 6:35AM
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seratopia wrote: »
    Hey crafters out there.. What is a reasonable tip (gold) that someone can offer? I usually tip at least 7,000 or 10,000 gold if I am well off.

That's fair if nothing is established before hand.

I have a friend I craft often for who gives me 3-5k depending on how much stuff. It's all about respect really, the gold is just a way to show that.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait...you go shopping for them?
    PC EU
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have all styles traits and pretty much everything available but i dont do requests unless i feel like helping new starting players in glenumbra who ask for help. A quick lvl 10 julianos/hundings training sets helps :)
    The main reason i dont do general requests outside guildies is that i dont really know what to charge for it ?
    What would you guys ask from someone who wants 5 piece TBS set ? :/ (assuming all mats are provided)