Maintenance for the week of November 11:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – November 11,  4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)

Heem-Jas set is too strong

  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you properly tested or just making assumptions?
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    85b9806844.jpg
    Group PvP DPS this set is completely OP, in large fights there is always ennemies dying around when you need high damage so it will always be up. Heck even on a magicka build if it comes on weapons and jewelry it might be worth using. Major Berserk as of now is extremely hard to get, thats a good thing for such a strong buff but this set (if there is no cd) give potentially access to a permanent 25% damage buff, thus it needs a nerf or everybody will be using it. Either a CD (bad idea imo with such a short duration) either make it give minor berserk (would still be good for any stam dps except nightblade, although maybe not BiS) either make it give 12% more damage that stacks with minor and major berserk (the ways to get major berserk are so few and situationnal that you almost cant have everything up), either make it procc when you kill an ennemy and not when an ennemy dies. Even then it would be extremely strong as far as group PvP is concerned (6man+)

    vicious ophidian is worded the same way but doesnt work on pvp kills. I assume this is the same

    that was a known bug zos fixes many many moons ago. infact, it's the top google result for vicious ophidian.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.
    Edited by Erondil on June 29, 2016 2:14AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    3 seconds.

    it will be no more op than vicious death.

    Run it with vd
    Haha block, ha rip.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Edited by Xael on June 29, 2016 2:42AM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Did you just prove that you have no clue about how the game works or did you intend to sound absurd? 25% raw damage on everything is way more than 25% more weapon damage (its like ~50% weapon damage I think) Lets assume with this set slotted you lose at max 650 weapon damage, 650 is 25% of 2600 which is low, heck even if you lose 1000 compared to your 6k wep dmg setup its nowhere close to a dps loss and yet you talk about it as if it needed a buff. Do you get 3k weapon damage from another 5p set I wasnt aware of? This set would be op in any situation if it wasnt the way to procc it and the short duration, the bonus itself is just insane damage buff and heck having it permanently would be worth 8 pieces easy. Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group of 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. So yes in such a group its out of control (unless nearby means 5 meters true)
    I dont claim to do science in this thread, but please next time do some maths once really quick before writing a post were you sound so arrogant. Thanks.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Did you just prove that you have no clue about how the game works or did you intend to sound absurd? 25% raw damage on everything is way more than 25% more weapon damage (its like ~50% weapon damage I think) Lets assume with this set slotted you lose at max 650 weapon damage, 650 is 25% of 2600 which is low, heck even if you lose 1000 compared to your 6k wep dmg setup its nowhere close to a dps loss and yet you talk about it as if it needed a buff. Do you get 3k weapon damage from another 5p set I wasnt aware of? This set would be op in any situation if it wasnt the way to procc it and the short duration, the bonus itself is just insane damage buff and heck having it permanently would be worth 8 pieces easy. Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group of 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. So yes in such a group its out of control (unless nearby means 5 meters true)
    I dont claim to do science in this thread, but please next time do some maths once really quick before writing a post were you sound so arrogant. Thanks.

    the guy who's never ever touched this set and demanding nerfs is calling people arrogant? I kinds hope they nerf your opinion.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Did you just prove that you have no clue about how the game works or did you intend to sound absurd? 25% raw damage on everything is way more than 25% more weapon damage (its like ~50% weapon damage I think) Lets assume with this set slotted you lose at max 650 weapon damage, 650 is 25% of 2600 which is low, heck even if you lose 1000 compared to your 6k wep dmg setup its nowhere close to a dps loss and yet you talk about it as if it needed a buff. Do you get 3k weapon damage from another 5p set I wasnt aware of? This set would be op in any situation if it wasnt the way to procc it and the short duration, the bonus itself is just insane damage buff and heck having it permanently would be worth 8 pieces easy. Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group of 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. So yes in such a group its out of control (unless nearby means 5 meters true)
    I dont claim to do science in this thread, but please next time do some maths once really quick before writing a post were you sound so arrogant. Thanks.

    so the situation you describe it being op in is an organized pvp raid group right? " Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group..."

    Here is the thing. An organized pvp group is already going to roll stomp outnumbered players or pugs. As you stated, "... 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. " if this is true coupled with the fact stated in the previous paragraph, then how is this set op? if the only situation in which you describe it as being op is the same situation in which the other players were already getting torn up with the same outcome, then why is it any different? does it not bring it back to a situational set that only truly benefits in situational fights? wouldn't it be easier for those players in organized groups to run sets that they will truly benefit from or not even change what they have?

    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed. A set can not be op if the outcome for the one situation in which it has a constant up time is the same. In the end it does not provide any greater benefit than sets people currently wear at best. At worst the down time outside of the fights you mentioned will simply make it a situational gimic that will thrive best with gankers or talented 1vx players.
    Edited by bowmanz607 on June 29, 2016 4:37AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed.

    Selfish statement made in blind ignorance + education and common sense = flaming everyone in defense of being put in place.

    think I nailed it.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed.

    Selfish statement made in blind ignorance + education and common sense = flaming everyone in defense of being put in place.

    think I nailed it.

    Not sure how my statement was selfish nor made in blind ignorance. One, it is merely an objective determination. Two, i think my argument stands for itself on my lack of ignorance. I used objective and logical reasoning to come to a conclusion that proves your argument false.

    I really dont even understand what you are trying to accomplish by quoting a sentence out of what i wrote and writing something about it. nor do i understand how your comment contributes to the discussion. If you wan to have a logical debate/discussion, then I am game. Howevre, dont come at me with your nonsense statements.

    Edited: I realize now you may not have been directing negativity in my direction but the other pwrson. I did not look at the names closely enough and thought you were the person I originally commented to. I apologize if this is true and making that preaumption. For that I apologize. However, if that is not the case above still stands for the most part :)
    Edited by bowmanz607 on June 29, 2016 5:25AM
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed.

    Selfish statement made in blind ignorance + education and common sense = flaming everyone in defense of being put in place.

    think I nailed it.

    Not sure how my statement was selfish nor made in blind ignorance. One, it is merely an objective determination. Two, i think my argument stands for itself on my lack of ignorance. I used objective and logical reasoning to come to a conclusion that proves your argument false.

    I really dont even understand what you are trying to accomplish by quoting a sentence out of what i wrote and writing something about it. nor do i understand how your comment contributes to the discussion. If you wan to have a logical debate/discussion, then I am game. Howevre, dont come at me with your nonsense statements. Your ignorance is showing.

    Your argument proved ,my comment to a scientific law now lol/ it's selfish because you want nerfs without knowledge of how it works/functions in ANY environment. Others tried logical discussion and you flamed them for it. Your argument CANNOT stand as it has no legs in which to do so.

    You must be a special snowflake nightblade upset that other classes will get a nonskill buff that you think only you should have. If it's so OP then where's your argument to remove reaper's mark from the game?
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed.

    Selfish statement made in blind ignorance + education and common sense = flaming everyone in defense of being put in place.

    think I nailed it.

    Not sure how my statement was selfish nor made in blind ignorance. One, it is merely an objective determination. Two, i think my argument stands for itself on my lack of ignorance. I used objective and logical reasoning to come to a conclusion that proves your argument false.

    I really dont even understand what you are trying to accomplish by quoting a sentence out of what i wrote and writing something about it. nor do i understand how your comment contributes to the discussion. If you wan to have a logical debate/discussion, then I am game. Howevre, dont come at me with your nonsense statements. Your ignorance is showing.

    Your argument proved ,my comment to a scientific law now lol/ it's selfish because you want nerfs without knowledge of how it works/functions in ANY environment. Others tried logical discussion and you flamed them for it. Your argument CANNOT stand as it has no legs in which to do so.

    You must be a special snowflake nightblade upset that other classes will get a nonskill buff that you think only you should have. If it's so OP then where's your argument to remove reaper's mark from the game?

    I think we are fighting for the same team here. I don't think it should be nerfed. Heck I haven't tested it yet. I was proving the other guy/gal that wanted it nerfed because of one situation they belive it can be op in.

    My argument is based on the other posters fundamental premise on which he based his argument. My comments were not an attack at the players math which is why I stated I did not look at math. It was aimed at the underlying argument the poster was making regarding the flawed logic.

  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    im not sure about your math because frankly im too lazy. However, the premise on which your math rests is fundamentally flawed.

    Selfish statement made in blind ignorance + education and common sense = flaming everyone in defense of being put in place.

    think I nailed it.

    Not sure how my statement was selfish nor made in blind ignorance. One, it is merely an objective determination. Two, i think my argument stands for itself on my lack of ignorance. I used objective and logical reasoning to come to a conclusion that proves your argument false.

    I really dont even understand what you are trying to accomplish by quoting a sentence out of what i wrote and writing something about it. nor do i understand how your comment contributes to the discussion. If you wan to have a logical debate/discussion, then I am game. Howevre, dont come at me with your nonsense statements. Your ignorance is showing.

    Your argument proved ,my comment to a scientific law now lol/ it's selfish because you want nerfs without knowledge of how it works/functions in ANY environment. Others tried logical discussion and you flamed them for it. Your argument CANNOT stand as it has no legs in which to do so.

    You must be a special snowflake nightblade upset that other classes will get a nonskill buff that you think only you should have. If it's so OP then where's your argument to remove reaper's mark from the game?

    Also, noticed I edited my initial response to you to reflect are possible misunderstanding merely seconds before your subsequent post
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any word on how that velindreth's set works?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like that most of the people who comments here, have never played in an organized group. @Erondil might be right that the set will be OP if the radius of the buff is more than 5m. Another thing is, the radius is measured from the dead enemy or from the person who did the killing blow?

    If the radius is 8m+, it will be OP. When the group turn and push they kill at least one person and better believe me. Then they will get the buff and they will increase their damage even more. If this set is combine with VD set it can be very nasty. It can achieve the domino effect.

    Another thing: does this buff affect siege damage?
    Edited by Bashev on June 29, 2016 1:41PM
    Because I can!
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aoe trash fights are going to be fun with that on...
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Did you just prove that you have no clue about how the game works or did you intend to sound absurd? 25% raw damage on everything is way more than 25% more weapon damage (its like ~50% weapon damage I think) Lets assume with this set slotted you lose at max 650 weapon damage, 650 is 25% of 2600 which is low, heck even if you lose 1000 compared to your 6k wep dmg setup its nowhere close to a dps loss and yet you talk about it as if it needed a buff. Do you get 3k weapon damage from another 5p set I wasnt aware of? This set would be op in any situation if it wasnt the way to procc it and the short duration, the bonus itself is just insane damage buff and heck having it permanently would be worth 8 pieces easy. Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group of 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. So yes in such a group its out of control (unless nearby means 5 meters true)
    I dont claim to do science in this thread, but please next time do some maths once really quick before writing a post were you sound so arrogant. Thanks.


    You read a tooltip and became the town crier, literally asking for change based off pretended insight. You have not even tested it yet. You did claim to do science, do I need to quote you again? Please stop with the double speak.
    You gloss over my point regarding a weapon damage build and misapply an analogy as if we are talking about the same thing. We are not. You act like Major Berserk is something new. It's not. Nightblades have had Major Berserk and Minor Berserk for quite some time and it's far from gamebreaking. Keeping Major Berserk up on characters that already have average damage is far from overpowered. I don't care how organized your group is, you are a zerg. Zergs already run down players particularly solo and smallscale players. Nothing changes. You already make a false statement about being able to get 1 kill every 2 seconds with your zerg, if that's the case how does Major Berserk even matter at this point? It's moot.

    Until jewelry is found for this set, it's not worth using over Clever Alchemist. That said, you are not going to see gamebreaking damage from stamina builds in Cyrodiil running this set as their only 5 piece. I don't care if the buff is permanent, 25% added to average damage just makes you slightly above average. It will pale in comparison to any raw damage stacking build.

    You have not tested anything.
    Yet you ask for a nerf before seeing whether the set works
    • as intended
    • as expected
    • at all
    This is foolish.

    Edited by Xael on June 29, 2016 9:47PM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Xael wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    Erondil wrote: »
    How is this OP? I wouldn't trade this for my vicious ophidian :3 I might run it on a trials healer maybe. Onlu looks good for burning down adds wi]ith aoe dmg. could be good in trials where some ADDS have millions of health.

    Read my OP again I said in organised group PvP,in PvE I know its situationnal

    I read your OP, it's even more situational in pvp. It MIGHT be *decent* if you're grinding in sewers and get jumped. but the 3 measly seconds only apply after a kill. whoopie doo!

    In organised raid PvP its not situationnal at all... its OP with a very high uptime for almostevery outnumbered fight. Ofc for solo/pugging its situationnal.

    Please address my post and tell me how it's OP.
    Please explain to me how much damage you have before you have the buff. If there are no jewelry pieces you will not have a lot of damage 5 slotting this set. I already showed how much Weapon Damage you can get minus Class passives, FG passives, and Assault passives.

    Currently my Stam Sorc has over 6k Weapon Damage when buffed without FG and Assault passives. This set is not even close to providing the damage I get on any of my stamina characters. You didn't test it, you are just looking at a tool tip and making a knee jerk reaction without even considering what you have to give up just to slot 5 pieces. Moreover it's not even confirmed there is jewelry yet, data mining has never been reliable.

    They could make the buff 60 minutes long and give it a 10k proximity, it wouldn't make it any more op. Until we see jewelry and a proper delve with damage stacking you are crying wolf.

    Did you just prove that you have no clue about how the game works or did you intend to sound absurd? 25% raw damage on everything is way more than 25% more weapon damage (its like ~50% weapon damage I think) Lets assume with this set slotted you lose at max 650 weapon damage, 650 is 25% of 2600 which is low, heck even if you lose 1000 compared to your 6k wep dmg setup its nowhere close to a dps loss and yet you talk about it as if it needed a buff. Do you get 3k weapon damage from another 5p set I wasnt aware of? This set would be op in any situation if it wasnt the way to procc it and the short duration, the bonus itself is just insane damage buff and heck having it permanently would be worth 8 pieces easy. Now of course the conditions to have it up make it balanced in *most* situations but when you are in an organised PvP group of 6-24 I can say from experience that there is more than 1 dead/3sec when you need damage. So yes in such a group its out of control (unless nearby means 5 meters true)
    I dont claim to do science in this thread, but please next time do some maths once really quick before writing a post were you sound so arrogant. Thanks.


    You read a tooltip and became the town crier, literally asking for change based off pretended insight. You have not even tested it yet. You did claim to do science, do I need to quote you again? Please stop with the double speak.
    You gloss over my point regarding a weapon damage build and misapply an analogy as if we are talking about the same thing. We are not. You act like Major Berserk is something new. It's not. Nightblades have had Major Berserk and Minor Berserk for quite some time and it's far from gamebreaking. Keeping Major Berserk up on characters that already have average damage is far from overpowered. I don't care how organized your group is, you are a zerg. Zergs already run down players particularly solo and smallscale players. Nothing changes. You already make a false statement about being able to get 1 kill every 2 seconds with your zerg, if that's the case how does Major Berserk even matter at this point? It's moot.

    Until jewelry is found for this set, it's not worth using over Clever Alchemist. That said, you are not going to see gamebreaking damage from stamina builds in Cyrodiil running this set as their only 5 piece. I don't care if the buff is permanent, 25% added to average damage just makes you slightly above average. It will pale in comparison to any raw damage stacking build.

    You have not tested anything.
    Yet you ask for a nerf before seeing whether the set works
    • as intended
    • as expected
    • at all
    This is foolish.

    Please quote where I said I'm doing science, cant wait for it. Or go check a dictionnary the word "parallelism" (not sure its the exact english grammar tho) wiser solution.
    I read a tooltip and deduct thanks to my daily experience that this tooltip means something op for the kind of group I play in, sure its not as reliable as a proper test (not possible until patch goes live, and they barely change anything if its live) but its the best you can get as it concerns a situation I experience everyday. Please tell me how nightblade got major berserk with 70% uptime? By only recasting one single target non dmg skill so you can barely dps when its up and need to give up a slot... with this set you can just keep spinning and you get it automatically not even on killing blows, see the difference? When I run in a raid its usually from 6 to 12 and fighting agaisnt as many as possible, we often end a fight with 100+ targets hits on ftc although there is npc etc (we dont attack smallscale groups) please keep on assuming wrong stuff, youre making fool of yourself more and more. When you have 10 ppl agaisnt 50, yes you gonna have 1 ennemy dead every 2 second usually avg (when you are pushing and dmging somewhere ofc not when moving etc) but thanks to ress etc it doesnt mean at all that the fight is won lol. Again you are asking me to test instead of basing my deductions on what I experience and the tooltip but youre doing even worse... you are assuming stuff you probably never experienced and about people you dont know and make it sound like its completely obvious. Funny.
    The second part of your comment makes you look even more foolish to anybody who knows a bit about theorycrafting. Keep in mind your damage output isnt only dependent of weapon damage but also of max stamina and crit and cp, thats why no set is close dps wise to major berserk with a 70% uptime (and from experience unless the radius is 5 meter, true, it will be the case for the kind of group/raid/zerg/whatever you want I play with)
    The last part of your comment is the only one I agree with, but its imo irrelevant. Yes I assumed the set would work as intended, I'm sorry, but its supposed to by default, and if its not they will eventually fix it which would lead to the same problem.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this problem is good for stamina builds in small/medium sized groups that are fighting zergs.

    What is the problem with that? Or is this just a case of you not wanting to buy the DLC to grind the gear? ;P


    As far as I'm concerned, all the zergs can go *** and anything that helps against them is a step in the right direction.

    If you're worried about zergs also utilizing this set, don't be.
    1. Zergs aren't organized like that, they're mindless blobs of players whose only concept of theorycrafting is "how many players do I need to surround myself with".
    2. Most zerglings won't bother grinding these sets
    3. Most zerglings probably can't even clear the dungeon.
    4. If zergs are getting kills against your small/medium sized group, you're probably screwed anyway.

    For 1vX this set is almost useless, much worse than Vicious Death (closest comparison). For 1v1, it's 100% useless.
    Decimus (European Megaserver)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it's about comparable to VD in a group bomb scenario; if say VD is more powerful though... Everywhere else the duration is to short to be effective
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I'd say it's about comparable to VD in a group bomb scenario; if say VD is more powerful though... Everywhere else the duration is to short to be effective

    VD is way better.
    I am done with OP, talking to him is like trying to nail a piece of Jell-O to the wall.

    Nightblades can buff minor or major berserk (8% or 25%), you can slot 4 pieces of Night's Silence (same 4pc as set discussed) and use the rest of your slots for maximizing weapon damage. All you need to do is test your damage abilities without the berserk buff and then with it. It's the closest way to see how much damage will come from this set.

    I can assure you, unless this set has jewelry, it's not very strong at all.
    Currently on live, most Stam builds that maximize weapon damage hit much harder than what this set offers without jewelry. OP is a confused zerg player.
    The damage I put out currently on live on any of my stamina characters make this set look like garbage.

    @Xsorus keep in mind the person who started this thread not only HAS NOT tested this set, he hasn't even gone as far as I have with the nightblade berserk buff with an identical set. I mean seriously, asking for a nerf when we don't even know if the set even works in the first place... moreover by a player who hasn't done one iota of testing... shameful.
    Threads like these are completely ridiculous and terrible for the community and for the game.


    Edited by Xael on June 30, 2016 3:12AM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I'd say it's about comparable to VD in a group bomb scenario; if say VD is more powerful though... Everywhere else the duration is to short to be effective

    VD is way better.
    I am done with OP, talking to him is like trying to nail a piece of Jell-O to the wall.

    Nightblades can buff minor or major berserk (8% or 25%), you can slot 4 pieces of Night's Silence (same 4pc as set discussed) and use the rest of your slots for maximizing weapon damage. All you need to do is test your damage abilities without the berserk buff and then with it. It's the closest way to see how much damage will come from this set.

    I can assure you, unless this set has jewelry, it's not very strong at all.
    Currently on live, most Stam builds that maximize weapon damage hit much harder than what this set offers without jewelry. OP is a confused zerg player.
    The damage I put out currently on live on any of my stamina characters make this set look like garbage.

    @Xsorus keep in mind the person who started this thread not only HAS NOT tested this set, he hasn't even gone as far as I have with the nightblade berserk buff with an identical set. I mean seriously, asking for a nerf when we don't even know if the set even works in the first place... moreover by a player who hasn't done one iota of testing... shameful.
    Threads like these are completely ridiculous and terrible for the community and for the game.


    I think VD is more powerful but I could see this set being useful for like steel tornado for example... It's an anti zerg set basically like VD but it requires more effort. I don't really think it'll be that overpowered simply cause night blades have had a 5 second version forever with no problems
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten a decent approximation of the set's radius yet?
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    guys is it works in grind PVE?
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Destruent wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »
    What does nearby mean?

    5m
    8m
    10m
    20m
    30m
    40m
    50m

    2500m like the minor savagery buff from NBs used to be o:)

    hahahahaha xD

    I knew it!
    Edited by Alcast on June 30, 2016 7:51AM
    My Website! https://www.AlcastHQ.com // ESO-Sets! https://eso-sets.com // ESO-Skillbook! https://eso-skillbook.com // Dwemer Automaton Discord Bot! https://dwemerautomaton.com/ // ESO-Housing! https://eso-housing.com/
    Cesille -- Redguard Templar // Xeloki -- Redguard DK // Cezille -- Altmer Templar // Cathamalexiaqotinissiza -- Redguard Sorcerer // Szane -- Magicka Sorcerer // Test Subject Z -- Magicka Nightblade // and many more...
    Achievements
    Worlds 1st Godslayer
    Worlds 1st vBRP Speedrun, No Death, No Sigil "The Unchained" clear
    Worlds 1st vBRP clear in MM // Worlds 1st vBRP Speedrun clear // Worlds 1st vBRP No Death clear /Worlds 1st vBRP No Sigils clear
    Worlds 1st vCR Gryphon Heart Achievement (No Death+HM+Speedrun) in SS
    Worlds 1st vCR clear in SS // World 1st +1,2,3 clear in SS // Worlds 1st vCR Speedrun // Worlds 1st vCR No Death
    Worlds 1st vAS HARDMODE clear in CWC
    Worlds 1st vAS clear in CwC // Worlds 1st vAS + 1 Llothis clear in CwC // Worlds 1st vAS + 1 Felms clear in CwC
    Worlds 1st HoF Tick-Tock Tormentor in HotR
    Worlds First HoF Stress Tested in HotR // Worlds First Hof Well-Oiled Machine in HotR
    Worlds 1st Halls of Fabrication clear // Worlds 1st Halls of Fabrication Hardmode clear // Worlds 1st Halls of Fabrication Speedrun
    Worlds #1 vMoL Score 165456 in HS // Worlds #1 vSO Score 173761 in HS // Worlds #1 vAA Score 145157 in HS
    Worlds #1 vMoL Score 163308 in OT // Worlds #1 vSO Score 171353 in OT// Worlds #1 vAA Score 144177 in OT // Worlds #1 vHRC Score 154149 in OT
    Worlds #1 vMoL Score 150882 in SotH // Worlds #1 vSO Score 153121 in SotH // Worlds #1 vAA Score 121093 in SotH // Worlds #1 vHRC Score 128815 in SotH
    Worlds #1 vMoL Score 93699 in DB // Worlds #1 vSO Score 159083 in DB
    Worlds #1 vMoL Score 86828 in TG
    Worlds 1st Guild to complete ALL vMoL achievments // Worlds 1st vMoL clear [VR16] // Worlds 1st vMoL speed run [VR16]
    Worlds 1st vMoL No-Death // Worlds 2nd vMoL HM
    Worlds 1st vMSA Stamina Clear (Templar) // Worlds 1st vMSA Stamina no Death (DK) // Worlds 2nd vMSA Stamina no Death (NB)
    Worlds 1st vSO Speedrun // Worlds 2nd vSO Hardmode.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I'd say it's about comparable to VD in a group bomb scenario; if say VD is more powerful though... Everywhere else the duration is to short to be effective

    VD is way better.
    I am done with OP, talking to him is like trying to nail a piece of Jell-O to the wall.

    Nightblades can buff minor or major berserk (8% or 25%), you can slot 4 pieces of Night's Silence (same 4pc as set discussed) and use the rest of your slots for maximizing weapon damage. All you need to do is test your damage abilities without the berserk buff and then with it. It's the closest way to see how much damage will come from this set.

    I can assure you, unless this set has jewelry, it's not very strong at all.
    Currently on live, most Stam builds that maximize weapon damage hit much harder than what this set offers without jewelry. OP is a confused zerg player.
    The damage I put out currently on live on any of my stamina characters make this set look like garbage.

    @Xsorus keep in mind the person who started this thread not only HAS NOT tested this set, he hasn't even gone as far as I have with the nightblade berserk buff with an identical set. I mean seriously, asking for a nerf when we don't even know if the set even works in the first place... moreover by a player who hasn't done one iota of testing... shameful.
    Threads like these are completely ridiculous and terrible for the community and for the game.


    Lol k show me the maths on how you come to the conclusion that another setup give almost same dps output than major berserk with 80% uptime. Stamina nightblade cant sustain 80% uptime on major berserk with RM in the kind of group I play in, and it would require them 1 cast ever 7-8 seconds which is already ~12% dps loss, not even counting the slot loss. Nothing comparable. Already asked for your maths but seems like you dont want (or havent done)
    I spend half my pvp time solo half my time in group of 6 to 12, you can call it zerg I dont care really, except that if you would google zerg you would quickly figure 6-12 very organized vs more is not zerging unless you made up your own and new definition of the word that I'm not aware of.
    You keep saying I havent tested the set but you assume stuff about dps without doing the maths behind and its hahaha laughable. If we assume that this set is working as intended, there is only one thing to test as otherd pointed out its its radius. If its less than 6 peters true this thread is irrelevant. If its more then this thread perfectly has its place.
    Edited by Erondil on June 30, 2016 8:18AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a discussion about a set on the PTS is perfectly fine. Proper testing is close to impossible on PTS PvP anyway, so there is a need to talk about it. And from what I see and can say from my experience of fighting in a small-medium groups heavily outnumbered, this set will overperform if the range isn't held to small (this can be tested I guess). Though it will overperform in our favor which is something I don't really have an issue with. In the end, it's not worse or cheesier than Vicious Death and if it helps killing those tryhard zerglings I am fine with it I guess. It's going to be a very niche set anyway.



    Ps: Dennegor pls l2p nightblade man :trollface:
    Susano'o

    Zerg Squad
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suggestion:
    • Change it to read "when you kill an enemy" instead of "when a nearby enemy dies".
    • Increase the duration to 5 seconds instead of 3.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • LastAmbushOnEarth
    guys is it works in grind PVE?

    ???
Sign In or Register to comment.