Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• clinkorz
    clinkorz
    ✭✭
    My ward...my precious ward :'(
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time to quit the game
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ... I understand stamina was not appealing in Cyrodiil in the last patch...

Now, they are getting the same defense mechanic that that Sorcerers had: a shield that blocks everything that scaled off their main attribute ... and will still have an effective 20% miss chance and be able to dodge efficiently?

I'll trade my viscous death set for that.

Overall I like a lot of what I am reading, but this is questionable and I better not *EVER* hear one more whine about Jesus Beam with all that defense.

What's this stam defense mechanic that scales to our main attribute that you speak of?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?

They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Is there any compelling reason that ZoS made it so that I, as an enchanter, have to buy the stuff I could previously freely harvest?

This seems to me an unnecessary change that unduly punishes crafters who would rather gather their mats rather than just buy them.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 25, 2016 10:11PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?

They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.

Whatever happened to "We want you to explore the world" and all that?

Imo this is a bad change.
    Edited by Maotti on April 25, 2016 9:47PM
    PC EU
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »

Now, they are getting the same defense mechanic that that Sorcerers had: a shield that blocks everything that scaled off their main attribute ... and will still have an effective 20% miss chance and be able to dodge efficiently?

Overall I like a lot of what I am reading, but this is questionable and I better not *EVER* hear one more whine about Jesus Beam with all that defense.

What's this stam defense mechanic that scales to our main attribute that you speak of?

Bone Shield:
    • This ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just physical damage.
    • This ability and its morphs will now scale their damage shield values based on your maximum stamina instead of your maximum health.
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    What is concidered items for the crafting bags? All sorts of runes? provisinoring items? tempers? raw materials? refined materials? trait gems?
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish some of the Champion System passives had been looked at this time around, some of the unlocks are still awful (War Mount at 120 points spent in The Tower....possibly the most useless unlock someone could come up with)
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »

Bone Shield:
    • This ability and its morphs now absorb all damage instead of just physical damage.
    • This ability and its morphs will now scale their damage shield values based on your maximum stamina instead of your maximum health.

Thank you.
  • olivaresdonjuan
    DKs doing poison damage now, I'm done, we had a good time ESO.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Sorry, but that's a rubbish change. I like to be able to harvest what I need.

The Vet 15-16 Potency stones can be bought for Tel Var stones, and these can be harvested in the upgraded IC.

That is not perfect for a lover of roaming and harvesting through the wilderness, like me.

But it is still self supporting.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Theshebz
    Theshebz
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.
  • ElderBugOffline
    ElderBugOffline
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please tell us what about weekly rewards for Sanctum? other trials, Veteran DSA?
    it will still reward you with only MoL items?

guys any news about this?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »

Sorry, but that's a rubbish change. I like to be able to harvest what I need.

The Vet 15-16 Potency stones can be bought for Tel Var stones, and these can be harvested in the upgraded IC.

That is not perfect for a lover of roaming and harvesting through the wilderness, like me.

But it is still self supporting.

I don't particularly enjoy IC. I do like wandering through Wrothgar harvesting stuff at a leisurely pace. :(
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answered already, nvm.
    Edited by Astanphaeus on April 25, 2016 9:53PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is what I want to know. Potency harvesting is one of the easiest harvestings there is. I don't want to have to waste even 10g on a potency rune.

Gina responded saying they are no longer available for harvest :( This is a blow to people who like to 'live off the land' in-game, if that makes sense.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • GoldenKitsune
    GoldenKitsune
    ✭✭
    Broke my heart with all the Magica nerfs. =.=
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems pretty weird to me too. Don't really see how poison damage makes sense for dks.

Someone pointed out that the change is to allow those abilities damage to increase with putting champ points into Mighty (increases phys and poison dmg)... So in that respect it makes sense and is actually a buff for stam dks.
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's just been a couple of hours, but I'm surprised at how few sorcs are raging at those changes. I mean Dawnbreaker, come on! What the hell are sorcs supposed to use instead now in PVP? (keep in mind that all other ultis cost far more, and overload spam is just plain insulting).
    Also, yes yes harness magicka absorbing all damage, kuddos on that. But with that reduced duration, you'll run out of resources before managing to shieldstack. Seriously, how on earth are you supposed to put out decent damage with the deto+dawnbreaker+curse combo being rendered virtually useless, and at the same time shieldstack for your life?
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How much are you charging us for these, although any amount is too much.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It only makes sense that there dots are based off their physical damage so their dots gains the same champion point damage bonuses. Yah, they will do a little more damage now, but its nothing to quit the game over.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Well, I don't see anything about lowering the magicka cost of Hardened Ward.

While I am not happy about this change - I think you should reconsider going to 10 seconds and halving the magicka cost of the shield. Do you guys not want people on the Non CP campaign?

Agreed, if we are expected to maintain the ward so frequently there should be a drastic cost reduction.

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play magica specs aswell but I must say the magicka user QQ is so good.

:trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Nirnhoned: This trait now increases the damage of the weapon.

Why would you do this? There is already a weapon damage enchant when there isn't a spell damage one. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of one of the few magicka user traits to replace it with more weapon damage?
    Edited by Astanphaeus on April 25, 2016 10:06PM
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian Shield: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.

Why, just why? I can understand this change for the fragmented shield but what about the healer morph? It's kinda useless now:
    close to no range, rebuff all 6 seconds (since you need the healing buff), high costs, low shield...

At least let Igneous Shield finally scale from max magicka instead of health. Damn, so disappointed...Dk-Heals were finally nice to play and now this.
  • sereneimp1337b14_ESO
    Alot of this update sounds great. especially for my Stam blade alt. However the duration of shields I think is too much of a nerf. maybe 10 seconds for empoered ward/all shields but 6 seconds means sorcs will be lucky to get 2-3 casts off before having to reapply if you have the resources to do so. I am concerened about VMSA but I guess I wont know until I test it.

The vampire changes:

1. great choice on mist form, this was a much needed adjustment for the ability.
    2. Glad to see we now have our magicka/stamina recovery back regardless of if vampire abilities are slotted.
    3. I gotta say the changes to Dark Stalker is to my personal strong distaste. I dont like the idea of being forced to stay in stage 4 to benefit from a major passive of the skill line. I could understand not having it with stage 1 (As there is no penalty fire etc) but maybe have it active in stage 2-4 or at the very least 3 as well?

I was really hoping for some major positive changes to things. atleast thats how DB was being percieved by me. but instead it seems Magicka sorcs/shield users got a swift kick to the nuts. All feeds back regarding vampires and the changes that were wanted ( in the sense of a new ability or two) were completely ignored and instead this patch made mist form how it always should have been. and choosing to be in stage 4 to really benefit from the tree.

I hope some of these changes do not stick when live drops and at the very least are slightly altered so it doesnt seem like such a nerf to Vamps/magicka users and a complete buff to Stamblades.

/end feedback
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    I have a questions about the patchnotes concerning 4 Player Dungeons:

Why did you decide to nerf CoA, ICP and WGT even further ?
    - vCOA can be completed with 2 players. It is hard but a lot of fun.
    - After the change of the second boss in vICP, you can easily complete this dungeon as well.

If the difficulty of the dungeons is decreased even further, there are no goals in this game anymore.

IMHO: A veteran dungeon should be exactly as it's name suggests. Please make them harder! There are so many more or less easy veteran dungeons, such as Elden Hollow, Spindle Clutch, Banished Cells, Fungal Grotto etc.

One solution is the introduction of a nightmare mode for some veteran dungeons.

Another one: With the new CP-System you could do the following:
    Introduce a new option in the group window, where you can select a number of CPs that represent the difficulty.

160 = v16 = the veteran mode of a dungeon we know.
    <160 = the veteran dungeon scaled down to v15, v14 etc. -> You can use it as a training dungeon to get used to boss mechanics.
    >160 = increased difficulty.

Then you could even combine this with the dropchance of set-items. (Increase difficulty by 10% = Increase of Dropchance by 1%)

PS: Yesterday I noticed a bug concerning the usage of "Inner Light" on one ability bar and the use of Crit-Increasing Potions.
    Where can I report this bug ?
    Edited by Nichts on April 25, 2016 10:10PM
    EU-Server @Nichts
    Sanyarin'Donnerblatt - PvE Magicka Nightblade ⇒ Guide
    Sanyarin'Donneraether - PvP Magicka Nightblade
    Sanyarin'Donnerstahl - PvE Tank Nightblade
    Sanyarina'Donnerwasser - PvP Heal/Tank Templar / PvE Healer

• Ishrii
    Ishrii
    ✭✭
    Hagebutte wrote: »
    Focused Healing:

Renamed this passive ability to Sacred Ground.
    This passive ability has gained a new effect. In addition to providing the Minor Mending buff, it now also reduces the Movement Speed of enemies by 15/30% whenever they stand in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area of effects.

So the Major Mending buff is changed into Minor? That's kinda disappointing...

Must be a typeo -- I just logged into the PTS and it still says Major Mending.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
    giphy.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
    Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
    giphy.gif

Seriously.

You make WB overpowered for more than a year. Now that you've finally, finally responded to everyone who was telling you it was OP and finally nerfing it... only to make another skill OP in exactly the same way?

I give up.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

1) Can we craft directly from the craft bag or do we have to move items to the bank or inventory first?

2) Does the Potency Rune change affect Enchanting Hirelings?