Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wards! My precious antique wards! D'aw heck, look what ya done to'em.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Telel wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This one found something odd in the werewolf notes.

Call of the Pack: Redesigned this passive ability so it now reduces the cost of staying in Werewolf form by 10/20% for each transformed Werewolf in your group, including yourself, up to a maximum of 40/80% at Ranks I/II.

Currently there is no cost to stay in form as it's done a timer, and that time is increased by various means. So is this note incorrect or has there been a major revision of how the ultimate works?

The timer, in the case of werewolves, is the second Magicka bar that's underneath your main Magicka bar. For this change, the decrease is the decay rate for the Werewolf "resource" bar, if you will.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    Why are DK abilities being changed from fire to poison damage?

For stamina based non dunmer DK?
    Edited by Tarrin on April 25, 2016 9:20PM
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x5ofspadez wrote: »
    RIP Magicka Sorc.
    What made them think that changing wards from 20 to 6 seconds was a good idea? anyone?

stupid idea
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    x5ofspadez wrote: »
    RIP Magicka Sorc.
    What made them think that changing wards from 20 to 6 seconds was a good idea? anyone?
    I wont suffer a bit, and I actually became stronger when slotting harness, and I already use negate liberally

In other words, every sorc who wasn't a shield stacker in PvP pretty much has to be one now. Guess it's time to pull out my Lich set to deal with the increased magicka costs of staying alive... or turn my sorc into a ganker. :/

Lots of meta-changing stuff here for tanks, sorcs and stam players overall.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor changes look really nice! Any thoughts of dealing with maul/mace penetration percentages as well?

Note: I did not realize from the patch notes that the block reduction was removed from heavy armor. That part is very much not nice.
    Edited by Armitas on April 29, 2016 6:09PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, RiP Sorcs? Crappy pets stay crappy. Furthermore, the shield's been nerfed so the pets are gonna be crappier. The only good thing is Negate which is probably gonna be more useful now. Depends on the numbers though. When are you gonna put some love to Sorcs? You're making us more and more into healing/supporting then DPS class. We want some destructive powers, damn it ... I'm starting to think we need a complete rework at this point. Daedric summoning is Sheogorath's mad joke. Dark magic... well, nothing dark there. Thank Stendarr for Crystal frags. Storm calling's mediocre. We're FORCED to spam left mouse button for DPS-ing with Overload. When are we gonna become the wizards we always should've been?
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    I`m using Brawler (Cleave morth) + Reverse slice now. Thank you for this improvement. But increasing radius of Reverse Slice mb? Up to 7 meters.

Otherwise Bone shield + Steel tornado will be much better.
    Edited by Tarrin on April 25, 2016 9:24PM
    Samurai without a sword
    But without the sword
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarrin wrote: »

Can you elaborate? How does having the abilities deal poison damage make them more appealing than fire?

• Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Uppercut: This ability and the Wrecking Blow morph no longer knockback and stun enemies hit.
    giphy.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
    Dizzying Swing will no longer apply the Minor Maim debuff to enemies hit; instead, it will add a knockback and stun to the ability.
    giphy.gif
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many nerfs...really disappointing.
  • bhlegit
    bhlegit
    ✭✭✭
    shields down to 6 seconds from 20 :(
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you elaborate? How does having the abilities deal poison damage make them more appealing than fire?

because u have + physical and poison damage in champion points as a stamina class. so now, ur dots as a stamina dk doing approx 25% more dmg (if u have 100 in mighty)
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "The experience awarded by those quests has been increased, and they also award Alliance Points and an Ornate item which can be sold for gold."

Why not just raw gold? All having the item is taking my time to walk 2 steps to the side and sell the item. It is just a pointless step to take, and one I already take for 99% of pve quest rewards.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep so just switch from wrecking blow to dizzying swing prob averted :)
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet natch potes are sweet
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am officially like this patch.
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »

because u have + physical and poison damage in champion points as a stamina class. so now, ur dots as a stamina dk doing approx 25% more dmg (if u have 100 in mighty)

Ah k that makes sense. I'm a dunmer stam DK and have built around the dunmer fire damage bonus a bit. Just hoping this doesn't gimp my build too much.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?

They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.

Sorry, but that's a rubbish change. I like to be able to harvest what I need.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long read, very interesting. Dusting off the stamina characters again but wish more for my hybrid.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep so just switch from wrecking blow to dizzying swing prob averted :)
    The knockback wasn't the issue, it was the knockback + 20% power buff that made Wrecking Blow the monster it is/was.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

Especially based on how they price things in the game. Potencies have always been the rare thing in Enchanting, but this just drives up the cost of enchanting for those who are farming as they go along.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, even more nerfing of Vampires. That Dark Stalker only stage 4 Nerf is nasty.

But hey, at least there is an actual reason to use a vampire ability, spam mist form 12 times and you can change your stage, since stage 2 will be the stage to be in with minimal penalties and regeneration increases. Cost reduction still won't matter because the actives are still underwhelming.
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭

It`s for money withdraw. Not bad change.
    Samurai without a sword
    But without the sword
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell is up with all the nerfs to magicka sorc?
    Both morphs of dawnbreaker dealing physical damage.. Well sorcs have lost the best ulti in PVP. Guess overload time it is.
    Also what's up with the shields' duration?
    God, I honestly dread those changes.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Side note: I really love the fact it shows my pets and mounts on login now! Although, for whatever reason, all of my characters show as skeletons...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ... I understand stamina was not appealing in Cyrodiil in the last patch...

Now, they are getting the same defense mechanic that that Sorcerers had: a shield that blocks everything that scaled off their main attribute ... and will still have an effective 20% miss chance and be able to dodge efficiently?

I'll trade my viscous death set for that.

Overall I like a lot of what I am reading, but this is questionable and I better not *EVER* hear one more whine about Jesus Beam with all that defense.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 25, 2016 9:40PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    Base Game Patch
    Veteran Rank Removal
    • Old Veteran Rank [...] monsters will now display Champion Points.
      • For monsters, the number of Champion Points describes the monster’s strength.
    Disappointed by this. This takes absolutely zero steps towards removing the implied linearity that Veteran Ranks caused. People will feel compelled to go through areas with 10 CP monsters before areas with 60 CP monsters solely because of the numbers, just as they do now with VR1 to VR6. All enemies should be displaying Level 50, and nothing more, to promote the idea that every endgame activity is equal (be that Cadwell, Craglorn, Dungeons, Trials, or Cyrodiil).
    • Monsters will now scale up faster in difficulty through veteran zones.
    • Silver and Gold zones have been releveled to account for the increased speed at which you gain Champion Points.
    If everything has been rescaled, hopefully this will go some way towards reducing that linearity. I doubt it has though...
    Enchanting Improvements
    • All harvestable runestones will now provide at least one Essence and Aspect runestone per harvest.
    • Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.
    Does this mean there will no longer be separate "Potency", "Essence", and "Aspect" runestone nodes? Can Potency runes still be harvested, or are they vendor only?

Edit: Answered.
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?
    They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.
    BOOO bad change. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that make Potency runestones the only crafting material that cannot be harvested? That's a very inconsistent setup. You shouldn't be forced to buy or deconstruct to obtain crafting materials.

NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES
    DLC Game Packs
    Changes to Imperial City
    • You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.
    I like the fact that the loss values have been consolidated to the same number. I think 50% is too low, though. Somewhere between 60-70% (eg, 67%) would be more reasonable.
    AVAILABLE TEMPLATES
    • All crafting lines except Provisioner will be maxed out. This will be addressed in a future PTS patch.
    • You will have full knowledge of all Equipment Traits, including Nirnhoned.
    • You will receive a new item, “The Ultimate Crafting Crate”. This crate contains:
      • 10x of “The Alchemist’s Crate”
      • 10x “The Crafter’s Materials Crate”
      • 1x “Crafter’s Limitless Library”
      • 1x “The Traveled Crafter’s Crate”
    • Their contents are as follows:
      • “The Alchemist’s Crate” contains 200x of every kind of Water, every kind of Alchemy Reagent, and every kind of Oil (used in poisoncrafting). This includes the new Reagents introduced with Poisoncrafting, as well.
      • “The Crafter’s Materials Crate” contains 200x of every kind of Refined Material, of every level, for Clothiers, Blacksmiths, and Woodworkers. It also contains 200x of each kind of improvement material.
      • “The Crafter’s Limitless Library” contains the full Style Book for every Style that your character does not know. This allows you to pick and choose which styles you’d like to learn, or you can just read all the books and learn everything.
      • “The Traveled Crafter’s Crate” contains 200x of every Trait item (including both Nirncrux variants), ever refined Style Item currently available, and 200x Crown Mimic Stones.
    Great to see all this template stuff! I hope the wayshrine access to every zone has been maintained.
    KNOWN ISSUES
    Combat & Gameplay
    Exploration & Itemization
    Imperial City
    • The Tel Var Stone bonus is currently being applied while in the Imperial Sewers, which is not intended.
    Please reconsider "fixing" that. This sounds like a good thing to me, as it provides more incentive to capture the districts.
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK
    Quests & Zones
    General
    • The Merchant and Friendship Gates will now take you to Bangkorai and Stormhaven, respectively, and there is a new cart in Orsinium to return you to your alliance’s main city.
      • Carts to Orsinium in Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, and Daggerfall will bring you to the Merchant's Gate until you complete the quest "Invitation to Orsinium."
      • Doing so will then teleport you to the cart in Orsinium.
    How will this work if you are an EP or AD player who has not yet reached Level 50 or completed the main quest? They do not have access to Bangkorai or Stormhaven, as they have not unlocked Cadwell's zones, so where will the gates take them?

Edited by Enodoc on April 25, 2016 10:07PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Especially based on how they price things in the game. Potencies have always been the rare thing in Enchanting, but this just drives up the cost of enchanting for those who are farming as they go along.

I want to feel like an adventurer and/or crafter in the game, not a shopper. I worry even more that this could be the thin end of the wedge, what mats will be next for 'vendor only' treatment? If I need potency runes, I should have the option of putting in the time and effort to get them at 0 gold cost, same as I do with every other crafting mat that I need.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 25, 2016 9:41PM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree @Epona222 I'm always super broke (don't ask what I spend my gold on, because I have no idea either) so I actively avoid buying ANYTHING from vendors. I don't buy mats from players unless I'm in a real need (which has happened.... twice?)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord