Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WARNING: Daedric style Heavy Armor Looks...

• Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    *casts bound armor*

lol. Conjurer master race.

Anyway, jokes aside. There are many factors to consider here. First, the amount of Daedric Hearts used. The more used, the better the armor, the look changes. At least this is how it works for the other lower tier armor. I have no idea If Veteran rank armors are different.

Second, your class does effect the look as well. Give your Daedric armor to another class, and it will change in appearance.

Here's a picture of an Altmer NPC with Daedric armor[no helmet]

http://puu.sh/87ATK

It looks identical to my bound armor, just on a female, and a darker organic texture[Bound armor is summoned after-all]

Comparisons

http://puu.sh/87B1c

http://puu.sh/87B2x

http://puu.sh/87Blj

All of these images are the exact same set, No differences.

It looks like ***, this is NOT Daedric armor anyway I don't care what name they gave it, It's actually almost the exact same model as an armor set from Oblivion, But I can't remember the name of it although I remember wearing it.

EDIT: OH now I remember it's Dremora Armor. (Yes there is a difference). Same with the weapons. They are not Daedric, Their the *** lower quality version "Dremora" crap.

This being said, I seriously hope this was simply a naming error and they havn't actually added the "Daedric" Motif into the game yet.
    Edited by Malpherian on June 30, 2014 9:29PM
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO cinematic Daedric Looks awesome. They sjust need to put that in game.
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums mods are not allowed to discuss or say anything concerning the game the reason there are no replies to any threads is because they are not allowed to reply, about anything, period.

It's a TOS thing. They can lose their job if they comment, Bethesda is one of those companies that is very tightlipped and wont say or advertise anything until it is already in game or will be in game.

Hope, Either that as I said before this was a simple naming error and this is actually the Dremora armor from Oblivion, and not actually Daedric, OR that as someone else said this is a placeholder just to get the armor in game while they fix the other major ***.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO this looks better than Skyrim. All that dark stuff which lacked design wasn't appealing. Also consider update 3
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forget which came first.... ESO happened a thousand years or so BEFORE the other elder scroll games, the armor you see and picture when you think Daedric armor happens over the next several hundred years, so what if it doesn't look the same, look at what our Solders and Marines are wearing today as opposed to just 200 years ago...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i actually do like the medium set(save for the medium helmet. i think the medium helmet looks like complete and utter crap. i am actually disgusted with how it looks, it looks like a scuba diving helmet to me:() though i did expect ALOT more
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    You forget which came first.... ESO happened a thousand years or so BEFORE the other elder scroll games, the armor you see and picture when you think Daedric armor happens over the next several hundred years, so what if it doesn't look the same, look at what our Solders and Marines are wearing today as opposed to just 200 years ago...

i bet those revolutionary war soldiers were complaining about their uniforms as well. those things were horrendous! ' dammit general washington, we want digital camo! (and body armor would be nice. then again our soldiers were wanting body armor the last war as well, so... )

p.s. regarding precedent: it also has daedric armor as insanely heavy armor only made out of ebony. and hearts pretty much only harvestable from daedra, as well as being tasty. so the precend of the other games has been altered are several fronts.

p.p.s. if you think of daedric in this game as daedric you are disappointed on many fronts, if you think of it as a style, a motif, as it were, everything synchs up.
    Edited by Alephen on July 5, 2014 4:33PM
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    The ESO cinematic Daedric Looks awesome. They sjust need to put that in game.

I know right :| I have no idea why in-game daedric armor looks so different. The cinematic daedra look awesome and the helmet definitely resembles Skyrim.

• Bh'aal
    Bh'aal
    Soul Shriven
    You do know that if you dont like the colour you can just dye it? The fact that it could be a design from cold harbour could explain the different look and the blue
  • Prophetmgs88
    Bh'aal wrote: »
    You do know that if you dont like the colour you can just dye it? The fact that it could be a design from cold harbour could explain the different look and the blue

You do know in july 2014 dye wasnt in game yet??
    Lvl 50 woodworking 9 traits learned
    Lvl 50 clothing 9 traits learned
    Lvl 50 black smithing 9 traits learned
    Lvl 50 enchanting
    Lvl 50 alchemy
    Lvl 50 provisioning, most recipes known

All styles learned
    All nirn learned

Master Crafter in everything!

Send me messages via psn
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Godzeelas wrote: »
    Today I finally got my hands on a Daedric Motif book... I was so freaking eager to craft the armor for myself! Then I go to the Anvil, start shapping the metal, put it on aaaaaand.... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
    Seriously compared to the Daedric look on heavy armor of Oblivion and Skyrim this is complete and utter S**T! If you really run out of design ideas recreate a lookalike of the older games not a "heavy" armor that looks at best like medium... Where are the spikes on the gloves and boots? Where are the buffed up HUGE shoulders with the horn spikes? Where is the damn HORNED Helmet!? I dont know how many of you guys have found the book or god forbid bought it got 50-80k and ended up with a look that seriously is supposed to be the rarest and looks worst than 80% of the normal racial motifs but I for one regret using it (at least as it looks right now).

Edit: Because some people jumped to assumptions, here is the look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_YJ_plrHQ&amp;list=UUcVBYecz9Bpqo7XA9C9e7rg

I was also totally dissapointed with the look. It has nothing to do with the look of daedric armor of previous ES series, nor it has nothing to do with the look of the armor of the daedric lords in the "Arrival trailer". I don`t understand it either, what does it have to mean. Even the colouring is totally bad.
    Xivkin is lot better, I love that motif. But daedric is a total epic fail ZOS. From the previous ES series, daedric looks should look like daemonic, hell-ish, dark, spiky etc, but this looks like some medieval knight combined with manga tamagotchi stuff, seriously.

Could you please improve it somehow ZOS?

@ZOS
    @ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_BPerry @ZOS_BasileA ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_BillMueller @ZOS_BobE @ZOS_BoydBeasley @ZOS_ChesterN @ZOS_CaitlinR @ZOS_CatK @ZOS_CédricL @ZOS_CharlieH @ZOS_Dan @ZOS_DanDunham @ZOS_DavidGee @ZOS_DavidH @ZOS_DavidP @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_EmilyM @ZOS_Emma @ZOS_EugeneB @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_FelixP @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Heather @ZOS_HeatherB @ZOS_HugoP @ZOS_JoanaL @ZOS_JamesLowe @ZOS_JaneS @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_JaredR @ZOS_KaeylaW @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_KaleyR @ZOS_Karli @ZOS_Katarina @ZOS_LenaicR @ZOS_LeroyW @ZOS_LodieA @ZOS_LonnyL @ZOS_LucasA @ZOS_MaxG @ZOS_MaggieS @ZOS_Margaret @ZOS_MariaAliprando @ZOS_MarissaM @ZOS_NathanM @ZOS_Nilanth @ZOS_NinaM @ZOS_NorbertS @ZOS_Olivier @ZOS_PaulineLC @ZOS_PaulSage @ZOS_PierreL @ZOS_Robert @ZOS_Racheal @ZOS_RandolfS @ZOS_RebeccaE @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_ShannonM @ZOS_Samantha_Weeks @ZOS_SamuelB @ZOS_SandraF @ZOS_SandraS @ZOS_Tarina @ZOS_Teri @ZOS_ThaliaH @ZOS_ThomasK @ZOS_TiborD @ZOS_UlyssesW @ZOS_VaughanP @ZOS_QuinnC @ZOS_Wolfram @Wrobel @ZOS_YigaelK @ZOS_ZebCook
    Edited by altemriel on December 3, 2015 7:53AM
  • Artemisshrikes
    Artemisshrikes
    ✭✭✭
    oh man they gonna get pissed fast with everyone tag all of them hahaha
    altemriel wrote: »
    Today I finally got my hands on a Daedric Motif book... I was so freaking eager to craft the armor for myself! Then I go to the Anvil, start shapping the metal, put it on aaaaaand.... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
    Seriously compared to the Daedric look on heavy armor of Oblivion and Skyrim this is complete and utter S**T! If you really run out of design ideas recreate a lookalike of the older games not a "heavy" armor that looks at best like medium... Where are the spikes on the gloves and boots? Where are the buffed up HUGE shoulders with the horn spikes? Where is the damn HORNED Helmet!? I dont know how many of you guys have found the book or god forbid bought it got 50-80k and ended up with a look that seriously is supposed to be the rarest and looks worst than 80% of the normal racial motifs but I for one regret using it (at least as it looks right now).

I was also totally dissapointed with the look. It has nothing to do with the look of daedric armor of previous ES series, nor it has nothing to do with the look of the armor of the daedric lords in the "Arrival trailer". I don`t understand it either, what does it have to mean. Even the colouring is totally bad.
    Xivkin is lot better, I love that motif. But daedric is a total epic fail ZOS. From the previous ES series, daedric looks should look like daemonic, hell-ish, dark, spiky etc, but this looks like some medieval knight combined with manga tamagotchi stuff, seriously.

@ZOS
    @ZOS_AnaP @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_BPerry @ZOS_BasileA ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_BillMueller @ZOS_BobE @ZOS_BoydBeasley @ZOS_ChesterN @ZOS_CaitlinR @ZOS_CatK @ZOS_CédricL @ZOS_CharlieH @ZOS_Dan @ZOS_DanDunham @ZOS_DavidGee @ZOS_DavidH @ZOS_DavidP @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_EmilyM @ZOS_Emma @ZOS_EugeneB @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_FelixP @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Heather @ZOS_HeatherB @ZOS_HugoP @ZOS_JoanaL @ZOS_JamesLowe @ZOS_JaneS @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_JaredR @ZOS_KaeylaW @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_KaleyR @ZOS_Karli @ZOS_Katarina @ZOS_LenaicR @ZOS_LeroyW @ZOS_LodieA @ZOS_LonnyL @ZOS_LucasA @ZOS_MaxG @ZOS_MaggieS @ZOS_Margaret @ZOS_MariaAliprando @ZOS_MarissaM @ZOS_NathanM @ZOS_Nilanth @ZOS_NinaM @ZOS_NorbertS @ZOS_Olivier @ZOS_PaulineLC @ZOS_PaulSage @ZOS_PierreL @ZOS_Robert @ZOS_Racheal @ZOS_RandolfS @ZOS_RebeccaE @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_ShannonM @ZOS_Samantha_Weeks @ZOS_SamuelB @ZOS_SandraF @ZOS_SandraS @ZOS_Tarina @ZOS_Teri @ZOS_ThaliaH @ZOS_ThomasK @ZOS_TiborD @ZOS_UlyssesW @ZOS_VaughanP @ZOS_QuinnC @ZOS_Wolfram @Wrobel @ZOS_YigaelK @ZOS_ZebCook

VR 16 Dragonknight Sarenvog (AD, Former Emperor)
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

@ZOS

You should totally become a necromancer. You're being quite successfull right now.

And you know, you just need to poke Gina, don't see what Wheeler or Wrobel have to do with the design of an armor...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • toxikh.earth89neb18_ESO
    i was also dissapoint with the daedric armor, now i puted a primal, looks better, but u have to think that more edges and texture creates more lag in this game
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necromancers, necromancers everywhere!
    EU PC
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i was also dissapoint with the daedric armor, now i puted a primal, looks better, but u have to think that more edges and texture creates more lag in this game

xivkyn looks pretty good, I dyed it red, looks awesome :)
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, ZOS dropped the ball big time on this, they should've just copied it straight from Skyrim.

If its a legal issue I understand, If its "a hip new idea to what a cool deadric outfit looks like" then that artist needs fired, because in NO way does this armor look anything close to "good"
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread, but in case folks didn't know...

The Daedric style is the standard Dremora armor.

The Xivkyn armor is the Imperial Dremora armor.

The two are entirely different, worn by two different legions serving under Molag Bal.

How do people not realize this? >.>
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS ALIVE!!!!!! THE THREAD LIVES AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...back when this thread was posted and I was a young noob in Tamriel, we did not yet have the option to dye our armor, nor wear shirts - the only lightarmor chest-piece you could choose to craft was a robe. Daedric style robe was the most pleasing to the eye, second to that was Breton style.

Also during the same era lightarmor was the preferred and most viable choice for damage dealers, healers and tanks. All class abilities were magicka based, and restoration staff was the best dps weapon for damage dealers. Weapon damage enchants on jewelry was the preferred choice for trial healers.
    ...Ohh and the best heals came from medium armor users wearing a restoration staff.
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's not the best looking in heavy but have to say I made my set all the coldharbour ash black and it looks awesome now, basically looks mate black and looks tougher, the vampire white also looks great
  • Marcosyn11
    Marcosyn11
    ✭✭✭
    The Daedric armor overall is a disappointment compared to other Elder Scrolls games. The helmet is really cool though.
    EU Megaserver - Lusitano