Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WARNING: Daedric style Heavy Armor Looks...

• CrispZ
    CrispZ
    weres the real daedric i dont want no fake half arsed daedric
  • Cherrox
    Cherrox
    Does it come with a unicorn and a rainbow?
  • deep.orcaeb17_ESO
    Reddy_Kilowatt_US_patent_picture_1933.jpg
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    I hope they reworked the armor to look something like the dark seducer costume you get when you hit veteran 6, with a different helmet and shoulders ofc. That look could actually keep the "daedric" feel that the armor is supposed to give (fear, darkness and the impending doom that follows) and still be "different" given that we are in a different era... I don't know... Any other suggestions? (Also I am a bit sad that nobody from ZOS cared to reply yet).
    "χους εις χουν και πνεύμα εις πνεύμα απελεύσει"
    @godzeelas - Godzeela the Cataphract
    GM of Elysium Gaming PvX guild [EU]
    http://www.elysiumgaming.org/
  • Harming
    Harming
    ✭✭✭
    I love the daedric medium set look. The other 2 are lackluster though. Gota free the heavy and light could use a re-design.
    ~Harming
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it blue and silver?
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    Harming wrote: »
    I love the daedric medium set look. The other 2 are lackluster though. Gota free the heavy and light could use a re-design.
    ~Harming

Whats medium Daedric look like?
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    @Harming‌, can you post screens? Here, or on ESO-fashion.
  • Skemeth
    Skemeth
    Soul Shriven
    GO GO POWER RAAAAANGER!!!!!

hahaha...blue and white...seriously? blue? and...WHITE?!
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need screenshots of all three types.
  • Harming
    Harming
    ✭✭✭
    I'll do my best to get a full set crafted and pic up of the medium set. Waiting for rng to be nice enough to give me the daedra hearts ATM.
  • neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Shredder! Already promoting that TMNT movie starring megan fox, arent you?
    Oh and ...that's why I dont buy motifs.
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    Its green/navy/white???

Daedric-Calcinium-Front-CloseVR21.jpg
    Edited by jones52j on April 21, 2014 5:11AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The crap? Does it *ever* get red?
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    Bottom line is I dont care about the design, like someone said different era, different style. What I care about is that they remodel the Heavy armor to look HEAVY!!!! (like imperial or Orcish or High Elven etc etc...)
    "χους εις χουν και πνεύμα εις πνεύμα απελεύσει"
    @godzeelas - Godzeela the Cataphract
    GM of Elysium Gaming PvX guild [EU]
    http://www.elysiumgaming.org/
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    jones52j wrote: »
    Its green/navy/white???

Daedric-Calcinium-Front-CloseVR21.jpg

This looks like a badly failed attempt of stone golem-making done by a plant, a pool of water and Salvador Dali.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vet 4 Daedric is a lighter blue and has gold instead of the silver once its at blue quality.

Screenshot_20140421_121555_zpsb6aebbd3.png
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on April 21, 2014 11:27AM
  • Kodiak
    Kodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea Daedric looks pretty bad for all 3.

Always amuses me how much people want it when it's so bad looking :)
  • Sarah_Lynn
    Sarah_Lynn
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks fine, other than the fact that the spikes could be bigger and it NEEDS to be black and red, I mean, blue and white? What the hell? Daedric is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS black and red, ALWAYS.
    I spend way too much time and money on this game.
  • UnknownXV
    UnknownXV
    ✭✭✭
    Just for comparison, at level 26 this is a full set of high elf (altmer) heavy armor, with the chest and helm upgraded to green.

Altmer_zpsc3d1b009.jpg

I think that looks pretty good. I'm hoping heavy Daedric armor looks better..
  • StoneSilence
    StoneSilence
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind there will be game expansions and increase in Max level. I would think even the Daedric, Ancient Elven and Barbaric armors will need to have a look upgrade for the future content/levels.
  • Marovec
    Marovec
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a "lore" thing? Because, personally, I think it looks bad-ass...
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marovec wrote: »
    Is this a "lore" thing? Because, personally, I think it looks bad-ass...

Well... Somehow, I guess. I mean, people were expecting it to look like it did in past TES games. That's the problem, I think.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    This is terrible! This isn't how daedric armor looks, or has looked, EVER. Black and red, infernal, demonic, heavy, built up and embellished. Not this simple, minimal looking blue/green disaster that looks nothing like daedric. They need to change this asap. What were they thinking? They had to know everyone would be looking forward to this armor. How did they not know that people would be expecting the black and red, demonic-looking armor we had in every other Elder Scrolls game AND that daedric NPCs wear in THIS game? Daedric armor has looked a certain way throughout TES history, and, it looks a similar way on daedric NPCs in game and videos they have released for ESO. Don't show us awesome, "what's expected" daedric armor in videos and on NPCs and then give us weird looking blue/green crap that doesn't even look like heavy armor, certainly not heavy daedric. In every TES game I've played, the daedric armor that the NPCs wear is the same, or very similar, to what you get for your character. So I was excited - after fighting some daedric NPCs in this game and seeing the expected daedric armor look - to get some daedric armor myself. Not any more. Just don't understand how they could have gotten something this important completely and utterly wrong.

Could it possibly change color and appearance with different materials? Like other armor does as you go from iron to steel, etc.? What is the top crafting ingot and what does a set of daedric look like with that? Maybe this is the "iron" version of daedric armor? I hope, but still, NEVER anything but black and red.
  • imperial
    imperial
    Don't think it looks too bad tho I like the dark elf and imperial heavy armour
  • imperial
    imperial
    P's that video you posted looks like a medieval darth vader to me
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    is there a link to cloth daedric?
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Randazzo
    Randazzo
    ✭✭
    Lesson learned.

Don't pay 80k for something you know nothing about.

Thanks for rescuing us!
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    I think, that they should change colors to darker and more evil, like crimson and dark silver, dark brown and old gold, black and silver and of course - black and red.
    However, I really like the shape.
    Edited by rtx on April 22, 2014 2:51PM
  • aldlv13
    aldlv13
    ........did zenimax even try? or have they looked at their own dremora at all?
    ........this is just disheartening... excuse me while i go dress myself in my morrowind version and curl into the fetal position over here and cry
    "Altmer. They act all high and mighty until you leave them in a pool of their own blood." -Blademaster Owyn