The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WARNING: Daedric style Heavy Armor Looks...

Godzeelas
Godzeelas
✭✭
Today I finally got my hands on a Daedric Motif book... I was so freaking eager to craft the armor for myself! Then I go to the Anvil, start shapping the metal, put it on aaaaaand.... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
Seriously compared to the Daedric look on heavy armor of Oblivion and Skyrim this is complete and utter S**T! If you really run out of design ideas recreate a lookalike of the older games not a "heavy" armor that looks at best like medium... Where are the spikes on the gloves and boots? Where are the buffed up HUGE shoulders with the horn spikes? Where is the damn HORNED Helmet!? I dont know how many of you guys have found the book or god forbid bought it got 50-80k and ended up with a look that seriously is supposed to be the rarest and looks worst than 80% of the normal racial motifs but I for one regret using it (at least as it looks right now).

Edit: Because some people jumped to assumptions, here is the look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_YJ_plrHQ&list=UUcVBYecz9Bpqo7XA9C9e7rg
Edited by Godzeelas on April 16, 2014 8:34PM
"χους εις χουν και πνεύμα εις πνεύμα απελεύσει"
@godzeelas - Godzeela the Cataphract
GM of Elysium Gaming PvX guild [EU]
http://www.elysiumgaming.org/
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a picture?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you have to improve the armor a few times to get the spikes, horns and stuff like that?
    I would like to see a picture too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    Es gustibus non est disputantum.
    Personally I think, that spikes and horns look stupid.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which lvl armor did you craft? Armor looks better the higher the level and item quality. Maybe it needs to be VR10 legendary for maximum looks.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Godzeelas wrote: »
    Today I finally got my hands on a Daedric Motif book... I was so freaking eager to craft the armor for myself! Then I go to the Anvil, start shapping the metal, put it on aaaaaand.... HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!
    Seriously compared to the Daedric look on heavy armor of Oblivion and Skyrim this is complete and utter S**T! If you really run out of design ideas recreate a lookalike of the older games not a "heavy" armor that looks at best like medium... Where are the spikes on the gloves and boots? Where are the buffed up HUGE shoulders with the horn spikes? Where is the damn HORNED Helmet!? I dont know how many of you guys have found the book or god forbid bought it got 50-80k and ended up with a look that seriously is supposed to be the rarest and looks worst than 80% of the normal racial motifs but I for one regret using it (at least as it looks right now).

it changes based on many factors just like not all argonian armor looks the same. By the time you have this you should have known that and you also should have known the best stuff has all the things you are looking for.
  • Samuruzi
    Samuruzi
    ✭✭
    To echo what Abeille commented, some of the armor is "mellowed-out" on lower-grade metal. Take the Nord helmet in steel form versus orichalcum form, it's a HUGE difference. Don't be so quick to criticize until you've seen them all, and you should post pictures so we can see for ourselves. ;)
  • Utildai
    Utildai
    ✭✭✭
    What level are you? Are you expecting the look of veteran armor at level 20? Not going to happen in an MMO.
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    Ok Lets just take this out of the way. Ancient elven Primal Barbaric and Daedric dont scale with what lvl you are, They have 1 single look. I am veteran rank 3. The looks on the normal races armors reach "veteran" at 36 when you start using dwarven ingots and after that the only thing that changes is the color. I got Daedric motif today at VR3 and the look of the armor is so s**t its not even funny. What happened to the look that the daedric knights have on in the trailers? what happened to the look of the daedric armor in skyrim? and for those who asked a pic I edited the original post and added a video of my character.
    Edited by Godzeelas on April 13, 2014 4:41PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks great, not as good as it could, but still great.
    But I saw a dremora boss with Skyrim/Oblivion like deadric armor, so at least the models for it must exist in the game
    Edited by Malediktus on April 13, 2014 4:49PM
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    Well If someone could confirm that the look is going to chage at VR10 to look like the ones in Skyrim/Oblivion that would be great...
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Which lvl armor did you craft? Armor looks better the higher the level and item quality. Maybe it needs to be VR10 legendary for maximum looks.
    This. sorry you don't like it tho man.
    Edited by Xexpo on April 13, 2014 4:56PM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • MeIkor
    MeIkor
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I think it's dumb that in their own trailers they show off the daedric armor from skyrim and then put this in there instead. The helm looks terrible. And looks like some ornate armor with a few spikes in there. The old stuff looked molten or almost organic which was cool.
  • Samuruzi
    Samuruzi
    ✭✭
    Godzeelas wrote: »
    Ok Lets just take this out of the way. Ancient elven Primal Barbaric and Daedric dont scale with what lvl you are, They have 1 single look. I am veteran rank 3. The looks on the normal races armors reach "veteran" at 36 when you start using dwarven ingots and after that the only thing that changes is the color. I got Daedric motif today at VR3 and the look of the armor is so s**t its not even funny. What happened to the look that the daedric knights have on in the trailers? what happened to the look of the daedric armor in skyrim? and for those who asked a pic I edited the original post and added a video of my character.

Ok I agree, the set is very lackluster. If I was the mesh artist I'd be embarrassed by that. Time to bring this up to Zenimax...
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *casts bound armor*

lol. Conjurer master race.

Anyway, jokes aside. There are many factors to consider here. First, the amount of Daedric Hearts used. The more used, the better the armor, the look changes. At least this is how it works for the other lower tier armor. I have no idea If Veteran rank armors are different.

Second, your class does effect the look as well. Give your Daedric armor to another class, and it will change in appearance.

Here's a picture of an Altmer NPC with Daedric armor[no helmet]

http://puu.sh/87ATK

It looks identical to my bound armor, just on a female, and a darker organic texture[Bound armor is summoned after-all]

Comparisons

http://puu.sh/87B1c

http://puu.sh/87B2x

http://puu.sh/87Blj
    Edited by Lord_Hev on April 13, 2014 10:20PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Lookoutitsdomkeub17_ESO
    I like it...
    I don't know why everyone is so upset.

EDIT: I like it on male characters, but on female characters it looks a bit boring.
    Edited by Lookoutitsdomkeub17_ESO on April 13, 2014 10:45PM
  • Samuruzi
    Samuruzi
    ✭✭
    DaedricArmorSK.png

^ THIS is how it should look. Current build looks like the Daedric equivalent of Abercrombie and Fitch. Does it come with a size 3 hoodie too?
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible that the Daedra were wearing different styled armor in the 2nd age versus the 3rd and 4th age?
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brennan wrote: »
    Is it possible that the Daedra were wearing different styled armor in the 2nd age versus the 3rd and 4th age?
    Doubt it, I saw dremora boss with skyrim/oblivion style daedric armor.
  • Aenra
    Aenra
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh god....it's....blue??? Blue? :smile:

What were they thinking? haha, this is bad..
    Pride, honour and purity
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    All in all it reminds me more of a fancy version of a Knight of Kynareth armor set from a Morrowind mod...
    [img]http://jw_mcguinn.rethan-manor.net/jw_mcguinn/0kynareth.jpg[/img]
    Same base colour but more fanciful lines, kinda. It sure as hell have nothing whatsoever in common with Daedric.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDITED:

Read rest of comments as well..

Hmm, does sound a bit disapointing.. Ebony armour was always cooler though.
    Edited by Dekkameron on April 14, 2014 6:46AM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    Aenra wrote: »
    oh god....it's....blue??? Blue? :smile:

What were they thinking? haha, this is bad..

Color changes depending on the material used, the one shown here was made with calcinium ingots. I have already saved hearts and I am going to make a new daedric set at VR10 and upgrade it to legendary. If it doesnt upgrade to what it's supposed to but remains like the *** child of the blue power ranger and Shreder I will just transform it into imperial. It's sad though that the heavy armor of the rarest motif in the game looks like a skintight suit...

• Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    Ok it doesnt look as amazing as in skyrim, still im not a fan of huge spikes. I always think I would harm myself witht hem
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it looks good, and i also think oblivion daedric looks like crap.

What did we learn? Visual preferences differ, and the fact that you didnt bother to see if you like the looks before you used it up is your problem
  • Laharl_Overlord
    Laharl_Overlord
    ✭✭✭

What did we learn? Visual preferences differ, and the fact that you didnt bother to see if you like the looks before you used it up is your problem

You've missed the point. The point is, it doesn't look Daedric. If one is crafting Daedric gear there is a certain visual expectation as the precedent has been set by prior games. Even you admit it's so different that prior games look like crap and this looks good.

• Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭

I didnt bother to see if I like it or not... hmmm 2 out of the 3 trailers feature the heavy draedric from oblivion/skyrim, there are monsters in the game (elite dremonas) that are wearing that gear. Daedric = Black/Red fleshlike color, horns everywhere! so please, take your opinion, turn it sideways, shine it really good, and do what you must with it but dont bring it here like that..

• Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    What one gotta consider: Daedric armor is used, primarily, by Dremoras. What is the purpose of a Dremoras armor, primarily? Is it to look fancy? Is it to look blank? No and no. The Daedric Armor in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim were clearly made for one purpose, which is also why Dremoras got it - to strike fear into the enemy. Spikes, dark colours, etc. It's all a show, but it will work very well against the not-so-heroic type. A Dremora lives as much on striking fear into the enemy as on being skilled with the spiked blades they wield.

The above Daedric armor? If I ever saw a Dremora wearing that I'd just laugh. Because it quite much defies the very purpose of Daedric armor. It looks fancy and blank and it looks EXACTLY like how you'd imagine a pompous nobleman who dont have a clue on how to fight.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cute, reminds me of a champion ice skater :D
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Samuruzi
    Samuruzi
    ✭✭

You've missed the point. The point is, it doesn't look Daedric. If one is crafting Daedric gear there is a certain visual expectation as the precedent has been set by prior games. Even you admit it's so different that prior games look like crap and this looks good.

^ this

A precedent has been set.

TESO Daedric armor lacks dimension, and devoid of the Daedric aesthetic from previous titles. It doesn't have to look like it did in Skyrim or Oblivion, just keep in line with what we would think Daedric armor might look like in the 2nd Era. It is apparent from looking at the design we are looking at a part of the development which was glossed over. If I saw someone walking around in the TESO Daedric armor, I'd probably think it was Shark Week or something.
    Edited by Samuruzi on April 14, 2014 5:20PM