Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WARNING: Daedric style Heavy Armor Looks...

• Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not impressed with it...the colors to be specific, good lord....
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I'm not too impressed either. And I have seen several level sets. I'm really in no big hurry to spend a ton of gold to learn how to make something like this. Just not my style.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Niji
    Niji
    Soul Shriven
    I kinda like it :O BLUE :D
    "Hey! Listen!" -Navi
  • night0blade
    I was less concerned with the color than with the design, the Daedric heavy was creepy epic in Skyrim and Oblivion. Now, well I'm not sure what it is but one thing's for sure, imo it doesn't look Daedric at all.
  • Laharl_Overlord
    Laharl_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Randazzo wrote: »
    Lesson learned.

Don't pay 80k for something you know nothing about.

Thanks for rescuing us!

You missed the point. He does know what Daedric looks like. He's seen Daedric in other ES games. Also on NPC's and in videos for this very game, this crafted set looks nothing like it. You're acting like there's no precedent, that no one has ever seen Daedric before this. Maybe this is your first Elder Scrolls game, but it's not everyone's.
    Edited by Laharl_Overlord on April 23, 2014 1:39PM
  • jones52j
    jones52j
    Lesson learned.

Thanks for rescuing us!

You missed the point. He does know what Daedric looks like. He's seen Daedric in other ES games. Also on NPC's and in videos for this very game, this crafted set looks nothing like it. You're acting like there's no precedent, that no one has ever seen Daedric before this. Maybe this is your first Elder Scrolls game, but it's not everyone's.

The fact that their siege vid shows the same Daedric style as Skyrim was very misleading with the motif.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daedric=Black+Blood Red

Wtf happened here?
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys...

Give the Daedra a thousand years to develop a sense of fashion.

Jeez.
  • Laharl_Overlord
    Laharl_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    jones52j wrote: »
    Lesson learned.

Thanks for rescuing us!

The fact that their siege vid shows the same Daedric style as Skyrim was very misleading with the motif.

That's my point. The siege vid, NPC's wearing Daedric, past games...they all have a similar style. When you see any of them you instantly know that's Daedric. I wouldn't have known the OP's video depicted Daedric except that he told us it was Daedric.

I actually think the armor skin looks nice, it just doesn't look Daedric. So I can see how anyone would be disappointed with it.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the blue armor the sorc spell Bound Armor?
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Godzeelas
    Godzeelas
    ✭✭
    Today I crafted the veteran 10 daedric heavy... I upgraded it to Epic quality and guess what! The color changed to....
    BROWN!!!! EVERYTHING WAS BROWN!!!
    So... I was like... ok ok... Maybe, just MAYBE it will turn black/red at legendary. So I just happened to have 8 tempering alloys on me at the time and used them all to upgrade the chest... Done and Done. I equiped the armor back on and.... BROWN!!!! I was so angry I started laughing... Well... I didnt even bother to record it again... I just converted everything to Imperial and went on with my life...

And here we are 14k views and 100 angry comments later and still no word from the company...

Bottom Line, don't buy the motif book. People sell it for 60k+ but as it is right now it's not even worth 6k.
    On the bright side, at least the weapons look descent...
    "χους εις χουν και πνεύμα εις πνεύμα απελεύσει"
    @godzeelas - Godzeela the Cataphract
    GM of Elysium Gaming PvX guild [EU]
    http://www.elysiumgaming.org/
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow, that was disappointing to say the least. glad you have a positive outlook on it all. for that amt of time and money and effort the set should have looked... well.... daedric. all scary epic looking
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    A sad sad thing indeed. I have always been of the notion that Daedric was, is and will always be the most badass looking armor in the game. Alas that statement no longer holds true.

Granted the design has varied and evolved through the series but this is not a good representation at all. It has nothing to do with the time period. The planes of Oblivion have no concept of time like Nirn. The Dremora are spirit warriors that don't fear death because they cannot die. When their physical shells are slain they are simply banished back into Oblivion.

They are master craftsmen of the forge and must use the materials available to them. This is mimicked with the use of the Nirn substance of Ebony imbued with a Daedra heart as you cannot access the true materials outside of the planes of Oblivion.

At any rate, it deserves attention and I for one am glad I know to not be tempted to invest a small-large fortune in what is a weak attempt at the best armor ever crafted.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Well, to be fair, the armor we get here is the same armor that Daedras wear in the game, so technically they didn't cheat us. Problem is the crappy color that is bugging most of us, when its all black&red, it still looks quite nice, hence the in-game Daedras, but with these... lame... colors, its just, horrid.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    I bought lvl 24 daedric medium cuirass.
    I thought, that it'll fit colour scheme of other styles for that lvl [black & blue], but it's neon green. I still like daedric armour in ESO, in my opinion it looks better than in Oblivion.
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Godzeelas wrote: »
    Today I crafted the veteran 10 daedric heavy... I upgraded it to Epic quality and guess what! The color changed to....
    BROWN!!!! EVERYTHING WAS BROWN!!!
    So... I was like... ok ok... Maybe, just MAYBE it will turn black/red at legendary. So I just happened to have 8 tempering alloys on me at the time and used them all to upgrade the chest... Done and Done. I equiped the armor back on and.... BROWN!!!! I was so angry I started laughing... Well... I didnt even bother to record it again... I just converted everything to Imperial and went on with my life...

And here we are 14k views and 100 angry comments later and still no word from the company...

Bottom Line, don't buy the motif book. People sell it for 60k+ but as it is right now it's not even worth 6k.
    On the bright side, at least the weapons look descent...

I've noticed that as you upgrade armor in quality...more often than not, the color scheme gets worse. I think the person who led the charge on choosing armor colors was incompetent. How the hell could you decide "Oh okay Legendary Daedric armor, lets make it brown!" Did he make it brown cause he realized it looked like ***?
  • TitusF
    TitusF
    ✭✭
    Was hoping it would've looked like how it was shown in their cinematic trailer (At least a little at best). Though, If enough people complain, maybe, just maybe, they will redo the armor.

Imperial-Edition-ESO1.jpg
    Edited by TitusF on April 24, 2014 11:19AM
  • Rainah
    Rainah
    TitusF wrote: »
    Was hoping it would've looked like how it was shown in their cinematic trailer (At least a little at best). Though, If enough people complain, maybe, just maybe, they will redo the armor.

That armor is unbelievably sexy.
    I want it.

We should flood this thread with petitions and complaints! :3
    Edited by Rainah on April 24, 2014 7:28PM
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Which lvl armor did you craft? Armor looks better the higher the level and item quality. Maybe it needs to be VR10 legendary for maximum looks.

Actually ZoS are so lazy, The armor in this game barely changes after lv46.

Colour maybe but it looks the same. A real joke if you ask me, The armor and weapons skins in this game need some serious work.

• Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Lol looks shite just like most of the armor in this game.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the armor, I like the color scheme, I just don't think this should be called 'Daedric' this should've been 'Coldharbour's Daedric' set.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8nSGc

That's a Dremora Churl, the lowest rank of the Dremora. The Armor seems low-quality because low rank, but the colors are spot-on Daedric. Dark and red.

It seems to me the style is spot-on, but for some reason, the crafted gear's colors are all over the place. Really, all that needs to be done is swap the colors around a bit. The armor looks perfectly Daedric. The colors are just, well, to be blunt... "incorrect." And just needs to be replaced with the Dremora color scheme. Which is, Daedric.

I suspect ZOS went with the "logic" that Daedra motif grants the style, with mortal material. Dremora armor has the proper Daedric textures and colors because they have actual Daedric ingots. "WE" do not.

I am of the opinion, this "logic" is a very bad design choice. It needs to be corrected. Because as previously said, there are expectations here. When a TES player thinks of Daedric, they think of dark and red. As it has ALWAYS been.

Exception being the Sorcerer's armor of course. It is magical/mystical armor; not Daerdric blood infused. Hence, the mystic-looking silverish purple.

Yeah, weird. Do the VET 10 helm at least share the Sorc helm look? The Sorcerer bound Helm is absolutely amazing. Much better than the crappy, Skyrim helm, and every other Daedric helm in ESO. Better than every Daedric Helm conceived of in previous games period.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on April 26, 2014 6:28AM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer bound armour uses medium helmet.
  • rodneymoran.gmb16_ESO
    rodneymoran.gmb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    TitusF wrote: »

I could see this armor to be in a future adventure zone. If you look at the trailers for Craglorn you see armor in it that we currently can't craft and we also know that there will not be a new motif so that means that there will be a style in Craglorn that won't be craft able.

A deadric TYPE of armor like this could get the same treatment in the future.

• ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    Aye the Daedric motif is a huge let down.

And yes, after 36? or whatever level only the color changes. Gets boring quickly. It's too bad they did not keep up the earlier game pattern, it seems like they just got lazy. I look the same at VR10 as I did in the third zone in.

Sad.

Besides the wack variation in colors, I never understood how the Daedric fine versions were dark with varying darker outlines, and then the superior and above turned immediately bright. I remember my VR7 Daedric 2L/5M combo was black with dark blue veins at fine, then upgrading to superior turned it green.

It does not. make. sense. </chewbaccadefense>
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric armor has 2 problems.
    1. colors are shite
    2. it does not look like heavy armor.

One of these would be very easy to fix, and i can't imagine why they ever allowed it to become an issue.
    Other might require full redesign, and possibly even changing how armors in general are shown in game.
  • Lenthas
    Lenthas
    First time I'm seeing this and this is not heavy armor... not by a long shot...
  • Azmodyus
    Azmodyus
    ✭✭
    Spikes, check. Jagged chaotic lines, check. Menacing emblem of Molag Bal, check.
    Seems like its just the colors that throw people off. While I agree that some of the color combinations are not preferable, the notion that it has to be red is ridiculous. I like how they implemented shades of blue to represent Molag Bal's sphere. (COLDharbour) Also red is typically used to invoke high intensity passion. Which matches Mehrunes Dagon well because he represents pure, thoughtless destruction. Such as a forest fire. Molag Bal is all about domination, think stockholme syndrome. Blue is a calming color. Which, in this case, could be used to soften up someone's resistance to your persuasion. (God of Schemes)
    Yeah the green, brown etc, is a little weird but its not bright neon at least. If they implement dyes in the future, it won't matter anyway.
    Inadu-Nei
    Ebonheart Pact
  • kyleacadub17_ESO
    kyleacadub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I to am a little frustrated with this. I honestly just want plain black robes. I want to be able to choose or at least see the color of the item I am making. I would really appreciate black robes and black hood with a mask. I like the breton hood but it being so many different bright colors is not very cool at all. I play a vampire sorcerer man! I want black robes!!
  • Gerpir
    Gerpir
    Yea, Daedric motif is huge disappointment. Im surprised that Zenimax is repeating mistakes of previous MMOs. They seams to forget that sense of accomplishments is one of most important if not the most important point of successful MMOs.
    Most of current armor/weapons looks pale and uninspiring in comparison to Skyrim versions. I understand that this is online game and armors really have to be low polygon but COMEon, this just looks wrong...
    Hope they will add more armor models, not just recolor old ones.