Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone voicing their opinions in regards to the assistance. Now as this thread has become rather heated, we have removed a few posts for Flaming to help keep this civil and constructive.
    Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

But are you people actually TAKING NOTE of the sentiments here? This is GREED, pure and simple. Greed.

Did someone say: 'Let's see how far we can fleece our players before they stop paying'?

That price for full functionality, then maybe, yes, but for gimped services that you can get better in town? NO.

They are a business out to make money. Greed is good.

A business in a free market economy operates under the fair exchange concept, this entire argument/complaint from the community is that most feel this is not a fair exchange.

And greed is NOT good, that's why Dante considered it one of the Seven Deadly Sins...

If you dont think its something you would buy then dont buy it. ZOS is not some charity. They are a corporation whos sole reason for existing is to make money. As much as possible. Only in your opinion is the price not "fair" whatever that is. I dont think its fair a ferrari costs $300,000.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

We are glad to see everyone voicing their opinions in regards to the assistance. Now as this thread has become rather heated, we have removed a few posts for Flaming to help keep this civil and constructive.
    Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

But are you people actually TAKING NOTE of the sentiments here? This is GREED, pure and simple. Greed.

Did someone say: 'Let's see how far we can fleece our players before they stop paying'?

That price for full functionality, then maybe, yes, but for gimped services that you can get better in town? NO.

A business in a free market economy operates under the fair exchange concept, this entire argument/complaint from the community is that most feel this is not a fair exchange.

And greed is NOT good, that's why Dante considered it one of the Seven Deadly Sins...

If you dont think its something you would buy then dont buy it. ZOS is not some charity. They are a corporation whos sole reason for existing is to make money. As much as possible. Only in your opinion is the price not "fair" whatever that is. I dont think its fair a ferrari costs $300,000.
    That's exactly the problem I have with this pricing. It doesn't maximize the money ZOS can make off the assistants. Not in the slightest.

Here's a quote from another thread that's relevant:
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Rizzai wrote: »
    Sure, if the majority thought 1,000 crowns was the best price and ZOS did that, and yet then could not pay the bills, would it be better?

No, because then the game would end if it's too cheap and they cannot pay their expenses!
    You're not looking at this from the point of view of an electronic product.

It's not like a traditional product or service where there's a cost associated with each discrete sale. If the majority of people thought $1,000 was the best price for a truck and Ford decided to listen to them and price their trucks at $1,000, then they'd go out of business because the price people are paying isn't enough to cover the cost per unit of producing and delivering those trucks and there's no profit.

With an electronic product you've got a fixed cost to produce it once regardless of the number of units sold. So say (using totally imaginary numbers here) it costs ZOS $5,000 to produce a certain crown store item. If they price it so that it costs the equivalent of $25 in crowns, then they need to sell 200 to break even, and every sale beyond that is profit (some of which will obviously go back to pay for the ongoing static costs of keeping the game running - note that those costs are effectively a constant as they are unaffected by how many of the crown store item are sold). If they price the same item at the equivalent of $10 in crowns, then they need to sell 500 to break even, and every sale beyond that is profit.

Now let's assume that there are 5,000 players who might potentially buy the item. Priced at $25 only 10% of them will buy it, so the income from the item is $12,500, less the $5,000 cost of producing it, for a profit of $7,500. If it was priced at $10 then 30% of them will buy it, so the income for the item is $15,000, less the $5,000 cost of producing it, for a profit of $10,000.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    5000 Crowns is far, FAR too much for assistants that do what can be accomplished via a quick way shrine jump to a town. The convenience doesn't out weight the cost and necessity, or lack there of.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5000 Crowns is far, FAR too much for assistants that do what can be accomplished via a quick way shrine jump to a town. The convenience doesn't out weight the cost and necessity, or lack there of.

Youd think this would be true but there are a bunch of people in game with these guys already. Personally I agree with you I think they cost too much even at 1000 crowns. Thats me tho Ill go ahead drive to the grocery store to buy a pop because I cant see paying twice as much as a 2 liter for a 20 ounce. Just because its cold and convenient.

Ill just port back to town no big deal. Save my money for stuff like DB.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought them both.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought them both.

*chokes on her coffee*
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    I bought them both.

*chokes on her coffee*

LMFAO!!!!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I won't be touching the assistants till I see the new senche on sale.

I've missed out of the cheetah twice. I shall not miss that crazy demon spawn from the ground cat!

Don't be surprised if it comes with a 5k crown price tag as well.

Actually, let's stop calling this 5k crowns. Let's call this what it truly is. $40

When you put an actual price tag on it though, it looks less appealing. Incoming censored post.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only buy crowns when they're on sale and are an ESO+ member, the prices for things in the crown store drop dramatically.

I bought a few of the reduced 5500 crown packs at Christmas along with my monthly 1500 and that's all I've ever needed. Spend your money wisely people. Don't jump on every flash sale for useless skins and mounts. Use it for items that help your gameplay. I bought around 100 XP scrolls when a 5 pack was only 500 crowns. I buy motifs that I have trouble getting in game. I bought bag upgrades when they were on sale, etc etc etc
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you only buy crowns when they're on sale and are an ESO+ member, the prices for things in the crown store drop dramatically.

I bought a few of the reduced 5500 crown packs at Christmas along with my monthly 1500 and that's all I've ever needed. Spend your money wisely people. Don't jump on every flash sale for useless skins and mounts. Use it for items that help your gameplay. I bought around 100 XP scrolls when a 5 pack was only 500 crowns. I buy motifs that I have trouble getting in game. I bought bag upgrades when they were on sale, etc etc etc

Personally,I dont buy crowns.Well,twice only so far since the game came out.That isnt the issue,it's the principle of the matter. And those things you mentioned have nothing to do with this thread about the price of assistants. Just because you spent a chunk of money for extra crowns doesnt mean everyone will want to do the same as an investment for future items.
    I dont care how you put it,..5k crowns is just waaay too much for something that does only half of what it should do for that price.
    Period.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I only buy crowns during sales but that doesn't mean 5000 crowns is any better.
    It's still more than the DLC priced if you purchased them 50% off
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nolphi
    Nolphi
    ✭✭✭
    Its a personal assistant! Try getting one in real life, they are pretty expensive :) If you feel they are too pricey now then just do your own groceries for now and wait for the next promo. Within the next 6 months you will surely be able to pick them up at 50% discount either through a crown sale or because this will be the item of the month.

If everyone is freaking out now then I am pretty sure the barber shop and player housing will cause quite a stir too. I expect a lot of that stuff, or at least the coolest stuff, to be crown items too. Better start saving up your real life $ boys n girls! And yes, ZOS is in it to make money but lets not go too crazy on that theme. I wouldnt exactly compare them to an investment bank... these are a bunch of creative geeks being held in check by some more business savy and shareholder focussed senior execs, watch ESO Live and you will get a good feel for the place. I dont expect we will see Gina, Kai or any of those people at a senate hearing any time soon explaing how they ruined the world economy :)
    Clan Nolphi Family Gaming
    Follow @kingnolphi on twitter
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolphi wrote: »
    Its a personal assistant! Try getting one in real life, they are pretty expensive :) If you feel they are too pricey now then just do your own groceries for now and wait for the next promo. Within the next 6 months you will surely be able to pick them up at 50% discount either through a crown sale or because this will be the item of the month.

If everyone is freaking out now then I am pretty sure the barber shop and player housing will cause quite a stir too. I expect a lot of that stuff, or at least the coolest stuff, to be crown items too. Better start saving up your real life $ boys n girls! And yes, ZOS is in it to make money but lets not go too crazy on that theme. I wouldnt exactly compare them to an investment bank... these are a bunch of creative geeks being held in check by some more business savy and shareholder focussed senior execs, watch ESO Live and you will get a good feel for the place. I dont expect we will see Gina, Kai or any of those people at a senate hearing any time soon explaing how they ruined the world economy :)

By comparison...this is not a personal assistant. At best, it's one of our young cousins over for 3 hours a week half doing chores and leaving before finishing....

Seriously. Bank assistant that can't offer guild access or selling things or access in Cyrodil.
    Merchant that can't repair....and doesn't sale items that make you still go to town

Cmon.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, no
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nolphi wrote: »

A real life assistant is far from comparable to a digital service. I honestly cant believe I just had to type that out to someone. Its not even that hard to differentiate.

I do hope you think youre being funny. Because after reading through your poorly crafted paragraph. I cant help but think you might need to actually re-read or maybe actually read for the first time what people are stating in this thread before making any more nutty comments.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Myxril
    Myxril
    ✭✭✭
    Myxril wrote: »
    Here's some perspective:
    Each assistant will costs about the same as the game itself.

desk_flip.jpg

Just repeating myself. Edited for present tense.
    Edited by Myxril on April 1, 2016 3:53AM
    'Okay, the question is...(laughter)...the question is, we have Vicious Death sets with Prox Det that are doing double damage from last patch -- they're doing double damage -- and the CP system scales them even more. Prox Dets are doing over 20k, okay? That's before Vicious Death does 15, m'kay? We're talking like 30k+. Okay.
    "So, what about the stamina?" Okay. Um "The 2-handed execute skill--" I'm s--I'm sorry. What? The 2-Handed execute? What?! What am I gonna f***ing do?! Am I gonna execute a f***ing zerg with a 2-Handed slice?!'
    --Fengrush, ESO Live Review 1:08:18

'He's lucky Im not a part of the company because I would simply ban or delete his account or even make the RNG or his damage ridiculously to stress him out even more.'
    --mb10, regarding Fengrush
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pricing is egregious and makes Zenimax look incredibly greedy, once again.

This reminds me of how greedy they looked when they released the game with mobs dropping 1 gold, making you forced to buy the pre-orders if you wanted a horse before lvl 50.

I'm sure they will lower the price gradually until they reach the price that makes them the most money, and right now they are just seeing how many idiots they can rip off until then. Sad, but such is business I guess.
  • Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭

There's a difference between "fair" and "highway robbery" too..

Woooo, talk about price gouged. It's a tiny convenience, and unless they're going to start making it charge gold to teleport between known shrines, and to shrines at guildmates/friends, then this is just silly. The only thing I can think of this being profitable with, is if your character is constantly on the wrong side of the law and you're too inept of a thief to sneak into the hideouts.
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • ZNnerissa
    ZNnerissa
    I really can not justify paying that price.

In the event I am too lazy to go to the bank or merchant I would rather spend a small amount mailing some of my overloaded inventory to friend and asking them to drop it in a guild bank after they help themselves.

I would be willing to pay 1500-2000 max.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    20 pages so far of "It costs too much"... last time I checked I had 14400 crowns (I still pay for the game)... I have found very little in the crown store to buy, so heck, I can afford them, but that does not mean I will... but that has yet to be decided.
    Edited by Hamfast on April 1, 2016 4:29AM
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reguvin wrote: »
    Why isn't there any Guild Banker Assistents?

Because the guild bank has always been a mess. Letting everyone have access 24/7 means more people accessing it more often. That will likely mean all sorts of problems.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

That's exactly the problem I have with this pricing. It doesn't maximize the money ZOS can make off the assistants. Not in the slightest.

If they aren't maximizing money, than I assume you are saying that the people saying that they are "greedy" are talking nonsense.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZNnerissa wrote: »
    I really can not justify paying that price.

In the event I am too lazy to go to the bank or merchant I would rather spend a small amount mailing some of my overloaded inventory to friend and asking them to drop it in a guild bank after they help themselves.

I would be willing to pay 1500-2000 max.

I assume you do not buy vanity items with crowns.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought them both.

I bought them both twice, barefoot, in the snow. On all ten of my accounts.

Then I sent ZOS a TY instagram.

And that was all before breakfast!

EDIT: JK I wouldn't but these for half that price!

The previous posters are right, ZOS is losing a TON of money catering to the whales. I worry this will mean that when we finally get race change or re-customization they will want like $60 each or something ridiculous and totally unprecedented in the industry.

I hate the b2P model more with each passing day.
    Edited by Phinix1 on April 1, 2016 4:55AM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duck wrote: »

There's a difference between "fair" and "highway robbery" too..

Woooo, talk about price gouged. It's a tiny convenience, and unless they're going to start making it charge gold to teleport between known shrines, and to shrines at guildmates/friends, then this is just silly. The only thing I can think of this being profitable with, is if your character is constantly on the wrong side of the law and you're too inept of a thief to sneak into the hideouts.

Its not robbery if you dont buy it. You can port back to any bank for free. Any merchant also for free. So why worry about it being expensive. You dont need it.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    I bought them both.

I bought them both twice, barefoot, in the snow. On all ten of my accounts.

Then I sent ZOS a TY instagram.

And that was all before breakfast!

EDIT: JK I wouldn't but these for half that price!

The previous posters are right, ZOS is losing a TON of money catering to the whales. I worry this will mean that when we finally get race change or re-customization they will want like $60 each or something ridiculous and totally unprecedented in the industry.

I hate the b2P model more with each passing day.

Losing a ton of money how? Ive seen literally 100 or more of these just today in the game. They have probably sold over 10,000 of these just today. Sounds to me like they are raking in cash for something that really doesnt help you in the game except saving you a few minutes to run back to town. It offers no advantage. So ya I say sell a ton more of this kind of thing. I wont buy it but those who do will pay for me to play for free.
  • GeneralLee
    GeneralLee
    ✭✭
    Greetings all,

Here's a quote from another thread that's relevant:
    Rizzai wrote: »
    Sure, if the majority thought 1,000 crowns was the best price and ZOS did that, and yet then could not pay the bills, would it be better?

No, because then the game would end if it's too cheap and they cannot pay their expenses!
    You're not looking at this from the point of view of an electronic product.

It's not like a traditional product or service where there's a cost associated with each discrete sale. If the majority of people thought $1,000 was the best price for a truck and Ford decided to listen to them and price their trucks at $1,000, then they'd go out of business because the price people are paying isn't enough to cover the cost per unit of producing and delivering those trucks and there's no profit.

With an electronic product you've got a fixed cost to produce it once regardless of the number of units sold. So say (using totally imaginary numbers here) it costs ZOS $5,000 to produce a certain crown store item. If they price it so that it costs the equivalent of $25 in crowns, then they need to sell 200 to break even, and every sale beyond that is profit (some of which will obviously go back to pay for the ongoing static costs of keeping the game running - note that those costs are effectively a constant as they are unaffected by how many of the crown store item are sold). If they price the same item at the equivalent of $10 in crowns, then they need to sell 500 to break even, and every sale beyond that is profit.

Now let's assume that there are 5,000 players who might potentially buy the item. Priced at $25 only 10% of them will buy it, so the income from the item is $12,500, less the $5,000 cost of producing it, for a profit of $7,500. If it was priced at $10 then 30% of them will buy it, so the income for the item is $15,000, less the $5,000 cost of producing it, for a profit of $10,000.

The post you quote is right in theory, but you fail to understand that its a theoretical example with made up numbers. Using other numbers can give a result that shows more profit is being made with a high price and low sales volumes. Internal data from zos might show that a 5000 crown-store-price for vendor npc's would be an ideal pricepoint to maximise profits. Without actual correct numbers, you cant say which price would be ideal.
  • Skullz11c
    Skullz11c
    ✭✭✭
    Its a ridiculous price. How do you explain charging more for a BS assistant than a full DLC?!? No way will I ever consider this.
    Xbox One NA

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Greetings all,

If they aren't maximizing money, than I assume you are saying that the people saying that they are "greedy" are talking nonsense.
    I would be inclined to agree, actually, but at the same time being greedy doesn't mean that you're good at being greedy. I mean, just wanting stuff doesn't mean that you'll be good at doing the best thing to get you what you want. So really an argument could be made either way.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone knows if we can access everything as in the bank? i mean, access the guild bank and our guild stores? i'm not interesting at this price, but if it is a complete bank i may buy on a sale. any ideas?