The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    If your broke: you really want it?, get a job to pay for it. You could also ask your parents for a loan.

If you can afford it: If I see something at a store that I want, and the price is to high. I leave it there. I don't go complain to the manager.

There is a difference in what I can afford to pay and what I consider something to be worth. If those two aline then I will purchase, in this case, they very much do not.

Looking around at the latest Steam sale, for the price of these two assistants I could get Witcher 3, GTA 5, Payday 2 and still have enough left for a beer (the fact I have those games is already is neither here nor there). Could even get Fall Out 4 in the sale for the same price as one assistant. I know which offers me the better value for money.

You are right in saying that there are server bills to pay but surly selling, for example, 1,000 @ this price would bring in far less than selling, say, 50,000 at half the price....

Edited by Garldeen on March 29, 2016 9:00AM
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000 Crowns would be really pushing it but 5000 is just absurd. There's just no way they are worth it.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If these assistants are 5k each...

How much is housing going to cost? 20k 50k?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    These assistants cost as much as all DLCs for the entire YEAR. This is madness.
    Edited by Thavie on March 29, 2016 9:28AM
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

What a terrible thought...
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Just wait til you see the prices for the Cleaner and Gardener assistants for your house :)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoever buys these at this price is clinically insane.

Honestly, there is no justification. You're letting someone rip you off if you buy them.

I have eso plus and spent crown on mounts and so forth, but £32 per assistant is actually insanity.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't read all the comments, but I'm just going to drop in here what I posted in the official discussion:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    5000 Crowns is way too much for assistants with such limited functionality. Let's recap those limits:

Banker
    Cannot be used in Cyrodiil
    Cannot access the Guild Bank
    Cannot access the Guild Store

Merchant
    Cannot be used in Cyrodiil
    Cannot repair items
    Does not sell anything

For only being able to access your Personal Bank, and for only buying your unwanted items, I don't think these assistants are worth more than 2000.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy mother of godbatmansupamanironman..... 5000 crowns??? I mean, im all for convenience but @ those prices imma pass lol.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    arent both of them for 5k?? or is it 5k each?? In both cases its insane, one is just more insane than the other.

They should be like 1.5k or 2k each
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pricey!
    When I first heard mention of them, I was quite excited.
    But then I found out you can't use them in Cyrodiil. Then I found out you can't repair your items... And then found out I can only access personal bank with the Banker.

There are just too many cons vs pros! If they cut the price down to around 2000 Crowns I may consider it. But as it is now, NO. As far as convenience NPCS go, I'll stick with the free Smuggler for now ^^
    Edited by NovaMarx on March 29, 2016 9:55AM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10k for both? no thx...
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 14k crowns accumulated from ESO + and loyalty bonuses from the subscription switch over so I could buy both with zero actual cost to myself and I still would not pay that for them :)
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Myxril
    Myxril
    ✭✭✭
    Here's some perspective:
    Each assistant will cost about the same as the game itself.

desk_flip.jpg
    'Okay, the question is...(laughter)...the question is, we have Vicious Death sets with Prox Det that are doing double damage from last patch -- they're doing double damage -- and the CP system scales them even more. Prox Dets are doing over 20k, okay? That's before Vicious Death does 15, m'kay? We're talking like 30k+. Okay.
    "So, what about the stamina?" Okay. Um "The 2-handed execute skill--" I'm s--I'm sorry. What? The 2-Handed execute? What?! What am I gonna f***ing do?! Am I gonna execute a f***ing zerg with a 2-Handed slice?!'
    --Fengrush, ESO Live Review 1:08:18

'He's lucky Im not a part of the company because I would simply ban or delete his account or even make the RNG or his damage ridiculously to stress him out even more.'
    --mb10, regarding Fengrush
  • stewbob
    stewbob
    Soul Shriven
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Whoever buys these at this price is clinically insane.

Honestly, there is no justification. You're letting someone rip you off if you buy them.

I have eso plus and spent crown on mounts and so forth, but £32 per assistant is actually insanity.

5000 crowns is £22 (£21.82 to be exact) not £32.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elFl1Em.jpg?1
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will not sell very well IMO.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to the banker at least but 5k crowns? Thanks, but no thanks.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have at least seriously considered buying them for 2500. But 5000 is just absurd. Though typically so for ESO's cash shop.

However, silver lining - and I like to see those - as others have pointed out this is a half-arsed and unrealistic partial solution to ESO's famously bad inventory management problems. So I'm excising these assistants from my universe. Will unsub and wait for a proper solution.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants/p1

At almost 300 votes, roughly 90% of voters reject the idea of buying any of these assistants. Good. Maybe they won't even introduce them :)

Have to say, from a design perspective I hate the idea of summoning a slave out of the blue to take my stuff. Still, ZOS are showing considerable restraint (other than in the price): in some games similar assistants are summoned through cash-bought consumables, once you're out of scrolls it's time to give the publisher more money.
  • mattymaats
    mattymaats
    ✭✭✭
    I like how they closed the poll as it showed over 90% wouldn't even consider buying them at the current price. I was looking forward to them but now I've seen how limited they actually are I'm not even going to waste my crowns on them. Well done ZOS for wasting your time on some useless cash grab that is insanely over priced instead of fixing actual issues which would have brought more sub players back.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...how much they are prepared to charge us (for what is actually a sub par feature).

They aren't "charging you". They're offering you a product for a price. If it's not worth it in your opinion, feel free not to buy it, in which case you won't be charged anything.
    Oh, if everything is going up to these kinds of prices, I'm done giving ZoS money.

You don't give ZOS any money and you never have, and you never will. All you ever did or will do is purchase goods and services from them for money.

Vocabulary matters. I'm amazed at how some people overestimate their own spendings, or tend to victimize themselves as consumers.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on March 29, 2016 11:53AM
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow I must have been in the 10% then now I even think it should be a time ltd offer as well to make it even more unique
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...how much they are prepared to charge us (for what is actually a sub par feature).

They aren't "charging you". They're offering you a product for a price. If it's not worth it in your opinion, feel free not to buy it, in which case you won't be charged anything.
    Oh, if everything is going up to these kinds of prices, I'm done giving ZoS money.

You don't give ZOS any money and you never have, and you never will. All you ever did or will do is purchase goods and services from them for money.

Vocabulary matters. I'm amazed at how some people overestimate their own spendings, or tend to victimize themselves as consumers.

2755c372605e9350f11603f612b90b1d23af2f4126afcd32ef9c596c17463515.jpg
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like *every* episode of Scooby Doo when the villain's rubber mask gets ripped off.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    johu31 wrote: »
    In the real world, it costs money to keep a game like this going. So they offer things for you to buy to pay for this and for them to be profitable.

If your broke: you really want it?, get a job to pay for it. You could also ask your parents for a loan.

If you can afford it: If I see something at a store that I want, and the price is to high. I leave it there. I don't go complain to the manager.

Because in the real world the manager has no control over the price. But if you had the chance to talk to some one who did control the price before it came out. You wouldnt at least say, 'Hey that looks great but it seems priced a bit to high? Any chance it could be lowered?'

No? You would just walk away and never say anything at all? Perhaps miss the chance of getting something you like at a lower price? Bravo! I guess?
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is not worth it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants/p1

At almost 300 votes, roughly 90% of voters reject the idea of buying any of these assistants. Good. Maybe they won't even introduce them :)
    mattymaats wrote: »
    I like how they closed the poll as it showed over 90% wouldn't even consider buying them at the current price. I was looking forward to them but now I've seen how limited they actually are I'm not even going to waste my crowns on them. Well done ZOS for wasting your time on some useless cash grab that is insanely over priced instead of fixing actual issues which would have brought more sub players back.
    The thread may be closed, but you can still vote on the poll ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it would be 800 or 1000 crowns and I thought that was expensive, but 5k is waaay too much. That's like a DLC pack's worth per assistant...
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 crowns each - the real reason why they removed the LOL button becomes clear.

@Zenimax - try 250 to 500 each.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |