Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    It is such an extreme amount of money that I can only come to the conclusion that zos are testing the community to see exactly just how much we are willing to pay for desirable items/features....

yep, just see howmany people still bought the EP outfit for 2k crowns. if you continue to whale you get *** up *** like this. that's why i don't buy overpriced vanity items that are priced way higher as they used to be. outfits 700 crowns max. mounts 1.5k max. if the community would actually join in this we force ZoS to overprice everything and milk the community. because that's what their are doing and people are still falling for it....

I'd go one step further and say don't use the crown store at all. That's what I do. ZOS gets my subscription money, which I know in advance how much it's going to be, and nothing else. I'm sitting on 22k crowns right now and don't intend to spend them.

This always happens with microtransactions. Every single time. The only redeeming factor is that in ESO, unlike some other games, you can enjoy the whole game without ponying up in the store. The day that changes is the day I'm gone.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ooperz wrote: »
    I don't see enough people purchasing these guys at 5000 each for the price to stay that high. Even if the price never permanently falls, just wait for them to go on sale. That WILL happen eventually.

If they dont see enough purchases within the first week you can count on them being on sale by the end of the month.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather spend 146 in game gold to travel to a city shrine and use the bank/merchants.

5k is insane.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • TheBrownWiener
    TheBrownWiener
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing I loaded up on crowns at the last sale.
    40% off for me.
    $21.80

Buying banker for sure, we will see on the trader.
    Edited by TheBrownWiener on March 29, 2016 12:16AM
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how much people pay for mounts and costumes, I don't see the price as outrageous. $22 is high (I assume that people buy crowns on sale $24 for 5500 crowns), but twice as much as a mount seems pretty reasonable to me. But I have never bought a mount and probably won't consider the assistants at that price.

I would wait for an assistant sale and then maybe consider one.

I see this as an item for whales and for people with subs and lots of crowns to spend.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooperz wrote: »
    I don't see enough people purchasing these guys at 5000 each for the price to stay that high. Even if the price never permanently falls, just wait for them to go on sale. That WILL happen eventually.

If they dont see enough purchases within the first week you can count on them being on sale by the end of the month.

hmm... I wonder if it's all a ploy to create false value. Sell them for 5000 Crowns and when they go on sale for 3000 Crowns... WHAT A DEAL!!!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Considering how much people pay for mounts and costumes, I don't see the price as outrageous. $22 is high (I assume that people buy crowns on sale $24 for 5500 crowns), but twice as much as a mount seems pretty reasonable to me. But I have never bought a mount and probably won't consider the assistants at that price.

I see this as an item for whales and for people with subs and lots of crowns to spend.

The value of crowns shouldn't be dependent on an "on sale" price. The value should be dependent on the "normal" price. It's fine for each individual to do it for themselves but you shouldn't assume that others received a deal that is no longer available. What about new customers?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for 5k crowns, this ASSistant better pick up a sword or staff and fight.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

The value of crowns shouldn't be dependent on an "on sale" price. The value should be dependent on the "normal" price. It's fine for each individual to do it for themselves but you shouldn't assume that others received a deal that is no longer available. What about new customers?

New customers should wait for a sale. If they choose to spend more for immediate gratification, that is their choice and clearly it was worth the cost to them.

It is like buying a 4 month old game full price on Steam. You know it will be on sale in a month or so. It's on you if you decide to pay more.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New customers should wait for a sale. If they choose to spend more for immediate gratification, that is their choice and clearly it was worth the cost to them.

It is like buying a 4 month old game full price on Steam. You know it will be on sale in a month or so. It's on you if you decide to pay more.

I guess you and I just disagree. The default expectant price is the price of the item outside of sales. Not the other way around.

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a perfect world, there would be no crown store.

In a not so perfect world, crowns would always have the same value and store item process would be stable.

In the real world, there's probably a whole team cooking up numbers and it goes something like this:
    1. Introduce a crown sale so people stock up at low low prices. Sales tend to make people spend more than they would otherwise, because sales.
    2. Launch a DLC so people will spend all their crowns. Wait a few weeks to let it set in.
    3. Make up some timed exclusive or highly desirable item so people have to top up their crowns again to get their shiny pixels/convenience items.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I guess you and I just disagree. The default expectant price is the price of the item outside of sales. Not the other way around.

If we are talking about if X is worth Y crowns, we should be considering that there are regular crown sales and the fact that a lot of the consumers they are selling crown store items to stock up on crowns on sale -- and that will likely be the norm long term now that everyone knows about the sales.

If the stop with the regular crown price discounts, I will agree with you.
    Options
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    The DLC, the trial, now these prices... It's a joke. Thought it would be 4,000 crowns at absolute worst. ZOS ever manages to go below my lowest of expectations. Congrats. Don't screw up Dark Brotherhood, or I'll make marks of staff members... Just kidding! But really, no 56 bugs please?
    Edited by Aerius_Sygale on March 29, 2016 12:54AM
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2710+
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your hunt ZO$

whalehuntjpg-3591392_p9.jpg
    Options
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread:

I was really looking forward to getting the 2 new assistants. However, with them costing more than 2 DLC's each, I will pass.

Perhaps Zenimax should consider hiring someone to make realistic prices that do not upset a large portion of the community. If they would cost 2k or less, a lot of people will buy them, probably a lot more than when they get sold for 5k each, resulting in more cash flow.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They closed the poll thread so I will place my great feedback from that thread here instead.

"Holy Jebus no! Hahaha! $50 CND for an assistant! More than complete games!"

Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I am all for ZOS paying their bills, but for a high price you should get what you ask for in an item.
    The merchant should be able to repair or at least carry repair kits and the banker should have full access to guild items as well.

And why limit Cyrodiil, I mean PvP doesn't damage your armor anyway so how is that an advantage in PvP?
    Edited by TequilaFire on March 29, 2016 1:16AM
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because human npcs running after waves of players sounds like a disaster. Orcs with wedding dresses being chased by bankers en masse.

Options
  • Serpace
    Serpace
    ✭✭✭
    If i ever pay 5000 crowns for a useless NPC someone please check me into a mental care facility.

tyvm.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because human npcs running after waves of players sounds like a disaster. Orcs with wedding dresses being chased by bankers en masse.

THANK you... I'm not the only one... oh and all of these human NPCs will be EXACTLY THE SAME TWO human NPCs...
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should not be able to be activated in combat. lol
    Options
  • Bramble
    Bramble
    ✭✭✭
    Quite the disappointment. When these were announced, it sounded very promising, but the reality is just sorry, unwelcome clutter that'll stay in the cash shop for me.

They're far more useless than hoped for and cost far, far more than expected. It veers right off luxury goods into price gouging territory.

Games with cash shops should consider their prices carefully. If they think they can price some things with unreasonable figures and not have it impact players' feelings toward any future supporting of the game, they're terribly mistaken.

Continually offering good stuff at sticker prices that don't shock the consumer is the way to earn money and our loyalty.

I hope this little stunt garners some bad press and a speedy reworking by the powers-that-be.

Wanting to be rewarded for making a good game and desirable convenience items is fine; greed and slipshoddily designed grabs-for-a-quick-buck, not so much.

ZOS, I thought you were better than this. :'(
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I loaded up on crowns at the last sale.
    40% off for me.
    $21.80

Buying banker for sure, we will see on the trader.

It is almost like they planned it. Crown sale followed overpriced items to soak up the discounted Crowns. But in sure they wouldn't do something like that...

But don't worry you got them on sale!
    Options
  • Arthmoor
    Arthmoor
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please tell me this is an elaborate early April Fools joke?

5000 crowns for an NPC assistant is way too excessive a price. Even 2500 would be way too much.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and will be priced at 5,000 crowns to reflect their unique convenience, group-wide utility, and practical services.
    lol 5000 crowns..
    i wont buy them for 5000 crowns, however, since they help me i'll buy them for 50,000 crowns each
    so here you go ZOS, either make them 50000 crowns each or i wont buy any.
    PC EU

Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** these *** assistants, give me my Dro-M'athra costumes already.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    In a perfect world, there would be no crown store.

Well, that's true, because Perfect World uses Zen. :p
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthmoor wrote: »
    Someone please tell me this is an elaborate early April Fools joke?

5000 crowns for an NPC assistant is way too excessive a price. Even 2500 would be way too much.

Okay, if ESO did the TSW thing, and listed them at 5k, but then put them at 90% off? Yeah, I'd probably buy those. And kept sticking them back on 90% off at random intervals?

I mean, this is the only reason I own that stupid $100 costume in TSW. Because I paid $10. (Actually, not even that because I bought it with stipend bonus points from my subscription, but... you know.)
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is an easy decision to make, there is nothing to think about - so I saved 10,000 crowns - nice.
    Options
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns lol.. they dont worth half of it
    what will happen? first day i'll summon that idiot and repair me and my vet dungeon buds our items then what?
    2-3 more days my friends wont give a poop about me and my assistant and i will need something else to show off with..
    better buy a chocolate bar(s)
    Options