The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Normal run speed (not sprint speed, stop thinking we're talking about that!) was stealth nerfed, this is the result.

I'm thinking you may be correct because @ZOS_GinaBruno has yet to reply to any of these threads including the one that I specifically asked her if ZOS was looking into the speed and jumping issues that people are telling them about.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Normal run speed (not sprint speed, stop thinking we're talking about that!) was stealth nerfed, this is the result.
    OIKnJiu.jpg

We are talking about both. My overall speed on my character while running major expo and sprint has taken a hit no doubt. It's not only non sprint speed.

I personally can't say i notice a difference in non sprint speed, only because I am a medium armor Orc and my shift key might as well be stuck down. I can say that my speed while sprinting and running major expo(double take) is significant enough for me to notice as soon as I logged in after the patch.
    Edited by I55UE5 on March 10, 2016 4:19AM
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    just put ur fov up and ull look faster =D
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    fagmax increased sprint speed (which you can use while holding sprint, but can't use any skills whilst using)

and decreased all other speeds by 10% TOTAL of the run speed; this seemed like a bug to me.

So say major expedition gave you 40% before the update and your base speed would be 140;

well instead of nerfing the difference of major expedition like they said, they nerfed TOTAL run speed by 10%
    i.e. instead of 10% of 40%->30% i.e. 137, your run speed is now 130 (that is 10 units of whatever metric they're using each second in speed difference)

this is a significant distance;

with 15% from cyrodiil ward, if my zerg and I leave ash to go to glade say; I could have been at glade, whilst my team would only be halfway;

10% is a LOT of speed.
    Edited by Vorcil on March 10, 2016 4:35AM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I55UE5 wrote: »
    OIKnJiu.jpg

We are talking about both. My overall speed on my character while running major expo and sprint has taken a hit no doubt. It's not only non sprint speed.

I personally can't say i notice a difference in non sprint speed, only because I am a medium armor Orc and my shift key might as well be stuck down. I can say that my speed while sprinting and running major expo(double take) is significant enough for me to notice as soon as I logged in after the patch.
    The base non sprint speed nerf affects both, that's the point. It means your non sprint run is slower, and as a result your sprint run is also slower because sprint is itself just a +40% speed boost to the non sprint speed.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I actually logged on to the forums just now to make a thread about this. I feel slower in normal run, and it feels extra painful on my stamplar in vMA.

@ZOS_KNowak can we please have a comment on this?
    Edited by Solariken on March 10, 2016 4:53AM
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's to make Hew's Bane seem bigger B)
  • Xennon
    Xennon
    Soul Shriven
    nine9six wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    It took me several minutes because each time I tried to jump it would immediately go to that extremely slow falling animation...

I fill with RAGE every time I get stuck in that damn animation. ARGH!!!

Yeah, that dead slow animation is a killer - it can take more than 5 seconds for it to complete and doing it a few times is grounds for throwing the monitor across the room. I REALLY wish they would fix that - I can't see any reason why it would be a intended "feature", so that makes it a bug in my book.

• WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noticed it yesterday too. Feels like running with a pulled handbrake....awwwwkward.
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need an answer @ZOS_GinaBruno . it's gamebreaking
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All speed was reduced, this was "balanced" by increasing sprinting time.

The idea was to make people who took advantage of major expedition to be eventually "caught up" by someone not making use of it? As far as I know that's what I remember reading...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always felt character movement was a bit sluggish in ESO, especially in combat. This change did not help things XD
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    All speed was reduced, this was "balanced" by increasing sprinting time.

The idea was to make people who took advantage of major expedition to be eventually "caught up" by someone not making use of it? As far as I know that's what I remember reading...

You're wrong. The baseline speed (without major expidition or sprint) is bugged/ nerfed. it wasnt the case on last pts patch

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I can't jump very well anymore... That mission where you're joining the veiled heritence is a frickin' nightmare to do. You have to jump on top the boxes, ZOS... You have to jump on top of the boxes!

Sprint speed is crap especially if you have poor stamina pools. Not a great balance.

I've noticed that I sometimes get pushed to one side in some areas too. I don't know if it happens to anyone else.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 10, 2016 8:36AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you take a look @ZOS_GinaBruno

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    4. Where are you when you notice this?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running (W) on foot seems slower everywhere regardless of weapons out or sheathed since the patch on Monday.
    Edited by Warraxx on March 10, 2016 8:28PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?

I feel slower on every character, anywhere, with any combination of armor weights on. Obviously medium armor feels closer to what it was with the passives though, so that skews the data.

One of the main things I have noticed is that movement speed is not being taken into account when your character jumps. This is the case with or without maneuvers, or any kind of speed buff. No matter what, when your characters jumps, it moves forward at the speed of just running by pressing W. This is not applying to jump and running with mounts.

Another thing related to movement that I've noticed is that the horse stumbling bug seems to have shown back up, although not quite as badly as before. When my horse is running uphill or has to move over a very short incline such as stepping onto a bridge, my mount gets slowed down. Very frustrating to be trying to move across a large area and getting slowed constantly.

Last thing, what was the reason for the change to Rapids? It just doesn't feel like it was necessary at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Draxys on March 10, 2016 8:29PM

rip decibel
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭

I am in Cyrodiil.

weapons unsheathed, using Double Take for major expedition and sprinting.

I am an Orc wearing Medium armor, using wind running CP passive, and using the Steed mundus with 7 pieces of Divines traited gear

As you can see, I built this character to be the fastest possible, so I care very much about my top speed while sprinting with major expedition and would notice very easily when I am missing movement speed.

It was my understanding that with this patch I might be FASTER due to sprint increasing to 40%, which would cause my passives to pull from higher base sprint speed? I'm not sure how this works internally but I was only hoping that would be the case. Unfortunately I am just slower.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by I55UE5 on March 10, 2016 8:39PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTH??

• Twing
    Twing
    From the patch notes posted 2 days ago:
    • Increased the bonus movement speed from Sprint to 40% from 30%.

Slow everyone down and wah lah, movement speed from sprint will look 10% faster :P
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    It's to make Hew's Bane seem bigger B)

It's enormously large on my end since I also have the "Field of View" (in the camera settings) at max/130^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. No speed buff when I noticed it;
    2. Running on foot (not sprinting);
    3. Weapons are sheathed;
    4. Everywhere, but I only notice this with my female characters, with the one male it looks like before.. I think.

Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has defo slowed us down. Its so bad that its putting me off playing. I know it seems silly but it does lol
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has defo slowed us down. Its so bad that its putting me off playing. I know it seems silly but it does lol

Then try to answer Gina's questions and help them to find the bug.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Then try to answer Gina's questions and help them to find the bug.

/facepalm I read all the posts, indeed almost all of them did answer the questions. Makes me dubious about how much of the thread was read...

Not that im criticising or anything...

#Dontbanme
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    Not on my Mageblade where it's most noticeable. My Stamblade with the Med Armor passive feels almost normal
    Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    Both generic run-speed and sprint speed as well as mounted speed are slower. The first two feel like I'm snared
    Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    Both
    Where are you when you notice this?
    Anyplace in Wrothgar, but I hadn't gone anywhere else.
    Edited by phreatophile on March 10, 2016 9:51PM
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qa.jpg
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. no
    2. running on foot (not sprinting)
    3. doesn't matter
    4. every zone

Kitesquad Vol. 1

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so far, everyone. We'll continue to look at this one.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.