The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    movement speed should have been left alone.

period.

there was NO reason to change any of it.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    I looked back on some of my Shadowplay saves and found a recent one with some normal running. I retraced the steps as close as possible and edited the 2 videos to be side by side. Before TG is on the left, after is on the right. If you need proof, you can see the new side flaps on my armor (another issue all together). It's a short run, but a significant difference. Imagine if I had run 10 times farther.

On the other issues brought up in here, the horse stumbling and the player jumps failing as if your toes hung on the edge are bugs that were fixed ages ago brought back in one of the Wrothgar updates that also introduced the slow slide downward after a failed jump. I was hoping those would get fixed in this update, instead they just added more issues. It is funny to watch a group on a mad dash to a Wrothgar world boss on horse back, almost all of us know the various 2 inch high edges you have to jump the horse over to avoid the hang up, we all jump at once as we are riding along. Those of us that get the timing wrong fall behind. So I know that did not get introduced in this update, just the other stuff making it more noticeable to those that had not noticed before.

https://youtu.be/MEz0KU1V3wE

Yep, huge difference!
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Treating the Live Server as a test environment since '14.
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also they stealth nerfed jumping straight up in the air and then trying to move forward. So now if you're stuck on something, you can't get unstuck because you can't jump forward unless you can run and jump.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    4. Where are you when you notice this?

1. No
    2. Both, but most noticeable just normal running on foot.
    3. Sheathed, but still very noticeable when unsheathed too.
    4. Everywhere.

Normal running speed seems about roughly 8 - 10% slower to me. Mounted speed is also slower. Seems to me that movement speed across the board has been reduced. This was the very first thing I noticed after logging in after TG update.
    On more than 1 character. This is why I just don't understand the above questions. Anyone logging in to their character would notice the change immediately so I am pretty dubious about the devs being unaware of it. Feels like another stealth nerf to me.
    Also jumping feels very wrong. Unable to jump as high or as far than previous to TG update.
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Mounts are definitely slower kinda stupid that they've slowed them but also unfair some bought there speed upgrades from crown store and for them now to be slowed down I kinda feel robbed
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its almost as if in order to achieve the bump to sprint speed from 30% to 40%, they lowered all other movement speed by 10%.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    i play a vampire nightblade and usually am stealthed to get the movement bonuses from both Vampire and Concealed weapon. since the update i noticed a huge difference in my stealthed movement speed, it is super slow.

ALSO Mount Stamina bar is all messed up. when you hold down Mount sprint the bar increases, and if you dont sprint the bar empties... WTF?
    Edited by Stravokov on March 11, 2016 4:29PM
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarcoPolo wrote: »
    Mounts are definitely slower kinda stupid that they've slowed them but also unfair some bought there speed upgrades from crown store and for them now to be slowed down I kinda feel robbed

I pretty much purchased all my speed updates with crowns. I would feel robbed if not fixed
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, run speed SEEMS imperceptibly slower, but that could just be a slight animation change.

However, the thing I'm noticing the most is that Major Expedition (from Rapid Maneuver and Cripple, in this case) does not seem to be giving the full 30% speed bonus. To be quite honest, it feels more like 15%. This holds true no matter my location.

My mount hasn't been leveled (new toon) so I'm not noticing any speed shenanigans with him. However, the Stamina bar on my mount seems wildly out of control when in town. It simply won't run out. Out in the countryside, it seems to lag: staying filled for quite a while, then immediately dropping to zero. This has never happened before the TG patch.

Thanks for the attention @ZOS_GinaBruno!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another vid clip for the devs if they don't know what we're talking about. It is from before Thieves Guild and shows me aware that I need to avoid the raised surfaces, but I fail to clear the second surface and the horse slows.

https://youtu.be/4MqPhCDDa50

And here's the new one out of Wrothgar, the "stick to what you were trying to jump over and slowly slide down" bug. OK in the video I jump on something I clearly can't go over, but I am always bouncing off of stuff and have never stuck to them before, so this is an exaggerated example.

https://youtu.be/2MttZO5d9ew

Getting this effect running over small pebbles (not even logs just invisible pebbles in the grass) in cyrodiil as well. Get a hang time where the mount loses speed like he is traversing a large obstacle for about half a second, but... It's just a pebble. Not devastating but a bit annoying to lose build up speed and have to start from standing still to gain max speed again.
  • maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bump
  • Taryf
    Taryf
    ✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    qa.jpg

As my friend form IT says:
    "Production is best testing environment"

After few years... i must agree with him.
    PS4
    EU
    Imperial Dragonknight Stamina Tank
    Ebonheart Pact

M'aiq prefers to adventure alone. Others just get in the way. And they talk, talk, talk - M'aiq the Liar
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taryf wrote: »
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    qa.jpg

As my friend form IT says:
    "Production is best testing environment"

After few years... i must agree with him.

And I bet he does a roll back if a change breaks anything.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked back on some of my Shadowplay saves and found a recent one with some normal running. I retraced the steps as close as possible and edited the 2 videos to be side by side. Before TG is on the left, after is on the right. If you need proof, you can see the new side flaps on my armor (another issue all together). It's a short run, but a significant difference. Imagine if I had run 10 times farther.

On the other issues brought up in here, the horse stumbling and the player jumps failing as if your toes hung on the edge are bugs that were fixed ages ago brought back in one of the Wrothgar updates that also introduced the slow slide downward after a failed jump. I was hoping those would get fixed in this update, instead they just added more issues. It is funny to watch a group on a mad dash to a Wrothgar world boss on horse back, almost all of us know the various 2 inch high edges you have to jump the horse over to avoid the hang up, we all jump at once as we are riding along. Those of us that get the timing wrong fall behind. So I know that did not get introduced in this update, just the other stuff making it more noticeable to those that had not noticed before.

You the real MVP. Great work.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Dahkoht
      Dahkoht
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lylith wrote: »
      movement speed should have been left alone.

period.

there was NO reason to change any of it.

latest?cb=20151210133445

They screwed up far more things than they fixed with this change.

Someone in the development team should have known better to put these many game changes in with new content.

Of course that requires actual competency.
    2. Thrasher91604
      Thrasher91604
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well I thought it was an awful lot of changes in a small amount of time. Yes, they are probably counting on the community to do a lot of testing.That's how they could get it out so fast.

In reality, though I hate to say this, the game will probably be more bug free and more feature rich quicker this way, rather than having 50 more testers on their team. The huge community of player testers is something, if properly leveraged, can outperform a small QA team.
    3. olsborg
      olsborg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yea overall speed when moving on foot, sheathed and unsheathed weapons doesnt seem to matter, its slower then prepatch.

PC EU
      PvP only
    4. Giraffon
      Giraffon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I notice it the most when using the Rapid Maneuvers skill. It doesn't matter if it's PvP or PvE. Also, someone said it was "wonky" I'll agree with that. Sometimes it's fast like it used to be...but only for a few moments. It seems faster if I stay on roads. I have the Steed Stone in effect, but I see it on my alts that are not using that stone as well.
      Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    5. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Solariken wrote: »

Great example. Just by actually playing it we can all tell a difference..
      Edited by PainfulFAFA on March 11, 2016 11:04PM
      PC NA
      Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
      MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

6. PainfulFAFA
      PainfulFAFA
      ✭✭✭✭✭

srsly ty for this.
      PC NA
      Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
      MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

7. Pendrillion
      Pendrillion
      ✭✭✭✭
      This kind of put some more evidence on the shrunk avatar problem if you ask me...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252541/cant-complete-quest#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    8. Mojmir
      Mojmir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Galloping across cyrodiil,on an open road and rapids sucks balls. Sometimes it doesn't even cast.wt actual f
      Revert the change asap
    9. Huggalump
      Huggalump
      ✭✭✭✭

not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

great work. I knew I felt slower, but I thought it was in my head until I saw this video.
    10. Mojmir
      Mojmir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      here you go dev team this might help you:

https://www.bloc.io/software-engineering-track
    11. Woeler
      Woeler
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      One question: why?
    12. Zaldan
      Zaldan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
      1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
      2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
      3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
      4. Where are you when you notice this?

*No movement speed bonuses at all
      *On foot running without sprint (although as others have noted mount speed is inconsistent now with lots of slowdowns that werent there before plus mount stamina can stay at 99% despite 5mins of constant sprint, /bug but no response from CS)
      *Sheathed still seems slower
      *Everywhere
      Edited by Zaldan on March 12, 2016 2:03PM
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
      Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    13. Zaldan
      Zaldan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just a thought but do run animations play at different speeds due to character size? noticed in other games that bigger races look to run slower due to animation running slightly slower so they actually move at same speed as smaller races, check if there's been any change to animation speed that would make a character appear to be moving slower, this came to mind as I currently play a high elf at max height.
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
      Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    14. ozmorgudduth
      ozmorgudduth
      ✭✭✭
      So it's not only my imagination then, they did mess up the speeds.

Also the hanging in the air and horse riding and being slowed down on some 5cm high obstacles is so annoying.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the bug that was dismounting you some time ago, now instead of your mount disappearing it slows down.

Still I like loading screen of death the best, you can't kill the game, you have to restart windows, because your desktop is blacked out. They reintroduced this bug again. Nice patch, but the most important thing is, that new diapers are in crown store, everyone can spend cash on them and look proper.
    15. Tavore1138
      Tavore1138
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It's not just run speed it's jump height as well which I would think is related - an example is in Wrothgar just west and down from the Merchants Gate shrine there is a waterfall, before the patch you could access the waterfall from below (where there are 2 sets of 3 haprpies - one set on a rock outcropping, the other just before you jump into the water. The waterfall is a series of steps that could really be 'climbed' by jumping - now that is not possible to do any more.

This is one of those bugs that surfaced around when IC launched and was partially fixed - although the 'hang time' from jumping has never been fixed since.
      GM - Malazan
      Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
      Legio Mortuum
    This discussion has been closed.