Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how much different the ability to overcome tiny little bumps in terrain differs between characters, and especially between guar/camel (terrible) versus horses/senche mounts (not quite as bad).
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed bug by Gina in the Alliance war section:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2795470/#Comment_2795470

We have a few additional updates to share after further investigation:
    1. Running speed seems slower
      • We looked into this more, and did find the same issue that you all are seeing. We don't yet have a cause, but are continuing to dig into it!

• Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2795470/#Comment_2795470

• We looked into this more, and did find the same issue that you all are seeing. We don't yet have a cause, but are continuing to dig into it!

2D274905761853-pasta-depression.today-inline-large.jpg

How does one introduce a bug that reduces run speed, without even touching run speed on purpose? This much be the most spaghettied code I've ever seen.
    Edited by Sallington on March 18, 2016 5:18PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Masstershake
    Masstershake
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed the slower walking speed as well. At first i noticed it when stealth walking and thought i lost my vampire buff. Now i constantly notice it and it drives me bonkers.

Also horse stamina bug is annoying because you are still losing stamina even though it constantly pops to full. And to see where you're at you have to stop sprinting for a sec and start sprinting again but then you lose 2 bars when you start up again.
    Meatwad gets the honeys G.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice to see confirmation of what we all knew but why is it in alliance war section? This bug is game wide. And it doesn't seem slower, it is slower.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    One question: why?

maybe there is a troll hiding in the servers screwing the code
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    Here is another vid clip for the devs if they don't know what we're talking about. It is from before Thieves Guild and shows me aware that I need to avoid the raised surfaces, but I fail to clear the second surface and the horse slows.

https://youtu.be/4MqPhCDDa50

And here's the new one out of Wrothgar, the "stick to what you were trying to jump over and slowly slide down" bug. OK in the video I jump on something I clearly can't go over, but I am always bouncing off of stuff and have never stuck to them before, so this is an exaggerated example.

https://youtu.be/2MttZO5d9ew

Those 2 bugs are annoying as hell. Not game breaking bugs in the slightest, just ones that grinds my gears.
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    There is no damn reason why major expedition should be reduced at all! That is some *** especially with classes that have no mobility.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    bunnytrix wrote: »

Nice to see confirmation of what we all knew but why is it in alliance war section? This bug is game wide. And it doesn't seem slower, it is slower.

You're correct in that it's not specific to PvP; just posted there since it was in a big compilation list that we were working through. As mentioned in that thread, we haven't yet tracked down the cause of the issue, but are continuing to investigate and will let you guys know when we have a fix in the works.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    AH HA! I knew there was something odd going on. Had a little horse race around the top of Chalman last night while we were waiting for the tick and it was confusing the hell out of me as to WHY I was going so sloooowwwwlyyy. Then I started jumping over the "stairs" along the top and my speed was back to normal.

I won the race of course. :wink:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're correct in that it's not specific to PvP; just posted there since it was in a big compilation list that we were working through. As mentioned in that thread, we haven't yet tracked down the cause of the issue, but are continuing to investigate and will let you guys know when we have a fix in the works.

Don't know if this will help.

On a Magical Nightblade...Go Sneak mode; Cast Mirage (the non speed morph of double take), then cast Shadow Cloak...

For some reason it'll fix speed back to normal.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We lovest thou and thine!

<3
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    oh so this is a thing. so it's a thing that's going to be fixed. that's good as it's a thing that has made me want to stop playing. cool. i'll check back in to see when it gets fixed.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    löl
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Catmophere wrote: »
    oh so this is a thing. so it's a thing that's going to be fixed. that's good as it's a thing that has made me want to stop playing. cool. i'll check back in to see when it gets fixed.

Although, if they can't fix it, it might become a "feature" :smile:
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing in patch notes about this, and I can't see a known issues anywhere with it mentioned. How long is your "investigation" going to take and when do you plan to communicate anything else about this issue to your players? It is 3 weeks now since Thieves Guild launched and brought this issue yet the only dev response has been to a bug post in Alliance War section and Gina's response to that here.
    Seems to me that both normal running speed and jumping height were purposely nerfed with Thieves Guild and looks like another problem ZOS is trying to sweep under the carpet.

• Rokhza
    Rokhza
    ✭✭
    Sry to necro this thread but I thought it would be better than starting a new one.

As far as I can see there is nothing in the Dark Brotherhood patch notes about this.

Makes me uncomfortable...
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that too... they said there was a fix coming with the next major update... but yeah, didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Yaewinn
    Yaewinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I noticed that too... they said there was a fix coming with the next major update... but yeah, didn't see any mention of it in the patch notes.

What would you say if you don`t know what went wrong?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warraxx wrote: »
    running (W) on foot seems slower everywhere regardless of weapons out or sheathed since the patch on Monday.

This is true for me as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was fixed in the last patch or 2. Has the problem come back?
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has not been fixed and has not been acknowledged since Gina's post in Alliance War section bug compendium compiled by @HoloYoitsu

4. Base non sprint run speed is slower than before. Video proof below.
    [Status: fix incoming in DB]
    We are aware and it's not intended. We're still working on a fix for it, which will likely be included in the next major update.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Any update on this please ?

Edited by bunnytrix on May 1, 2016 4:55PM
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is also a thread about this issue on the PTS forum, yet still no word. Will this be fixed for Dark Brotherhood?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have experienced no slowdown since it was previously fixed. Have no idea what you are referring to.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on May 2, 2016 4:26PM
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still experiencing this.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? I am on PC, and speed was unusually good after Friday's maintenance.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have experienced no slowdown since it was previously fixed. Have no idea what you are referring to.

What fix are you talking about?
    Normal running speed has been nerfed (bugged) by about 12/15% since the launch of Thieves Guild. It was acknowledged as a bug in mid march and we have heard nothing since. Please link your source of this "fix" as it seems to have escaped the rest of us.
  • Drungly
    Drungly
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed yet?
  • Blevil
    Blevil
    ✭✭✭
    See, I don't get why they messed with major expedition in the first place. They should have left it at 40% which made everything work fine before. Now we have slower....everything lol
    |--| /-\ \/\/ /-\ | | `"*-.,
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What fix are you talking about?
    Normal running speed has been nerfed (bugged) by about 12/15% since the launch of Thieves Guild. It was acknowledged as a bug in mid march and we have heard nothing since. Please link your source of this "fix" as it seems to have escaped the rest of us.

It's in the patch notes. And I have personally experienced the fix.
This discussion has been closed.