The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this on PTS as well and did a few tests. Within rough limits the regular movement speed didn't change but it seems the walking animation speed did slow down a bit so it makes it feel like you are slower. This is without considering the reduction in movement from Rapid Maneuver.

I've also noticed on live since the patch that jumping has become significantly more difficult. Certain jumps that I made regularly with ease pre-patch and now difficult or impossible.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    4. Where are you when you notice this?
    I bugged just the opposite of this. One of my characters, when mounted, is able to run just as fast as if he had Rapids on... but he doesn't even have it slotted. It's not consistent, but it seems like 50% of the time I hit a small hit and just take off like a rocket.

One of my guildmates dropped rapids on me to test and it had no effect at all.

No rapids, mounted, no weapons out, Cyrodiil.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    Gina, thank you for replying, but do you mean to tell me you are asking us if we are experiencing the nerfed base movement speed? As in, ZOS devs do not know and have not known from the moment this patch went live that the base speed was reduced?

Forgive me if I seem incredulous, but the simple truth is that literally anyone who logs into the game and walks around anywhere for 5 seconds will notice that there has been a substantial decrease in base movement speed compared to pre TG. This is akin to the Battle Spirit bug where health was not scaling properly. Before that bug went live, any QA tester should have spotted it by literally just logging into Cyrodiil and looking at their stats.
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so annoying! My Sorc is sooooo slow now :(

1. No speed bonuses anywhere(no rapids, no CP's invested)
    2. On foot however, when I'm on my horse who is maxed out in speed & stamina runs slower as well.
    3. both
    4. Everywhere
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Gina, thank you for replying, but do you mean to tell me you are asking us if we are experiencing the nerfed base movement speed? As in, ZOS devs do not know and have not known from the moment this patch went live that the base speed was reduced?

Forgive me if I seem incredulous, but the simple truth is that literally anyone who logs into the game and walks around anywhere for 5 seconds will notice that there has been a substantial decrease in base movement speed compared to pre TG. This is akin to the Battle Spirit bug where health was not scaling properly. Before that bug went live, any QA tester should have spotted it by literally just logging into Cyrodiil and looking at their stats.

this
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is all imagination. I don't run any slower or faster than before the patch.
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭

1. With and without Expedition Buff, with all types of armor, with and without Orc racial too.
    2. Both
    3. Both
    4. Every zone I've been in (Wrothgar, bangkorai, Stormhaven, Deshaan, The Rift, Reapers march, Auridon, Grahtwood, and maybe others I can't recall right now.

In short, it's everywhere, and doesn't matter what I am doing or what configuration of gear/race etc I have. It feels like a 10% or so reduction to base speed across the board. Also jumping seems harder as well. There are a couple spots with Troves in them that require jumping over rocks that look like I could clear easily before the DLC. Now it takes me 5-10 tries to get over it. :/
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭

Also I was wondering if a size multiplicator went haywire... Maybe our Avatars were shrunk... That would explain why we can't jump as good over ruble and rocks anymore... Other than that I feel a little slower on foot...
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mounted. The sprint key is acting wonky (hard to explain). Sometimes it works well then there are times the key doesn't seem to register. There are times I can keep it depressed and it uses stamina normally, then sometimes it just works once then I need to press it again to get it to work.

I have used this keyboard flawlessly for years, and it was working well before the update.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can see a video of the mount stamina specific issue on my post yesterday @ZOS_GinaBruno
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252030/mount-stamina-in-update-2-3
  • PhaeroX
    PhaeroX
    ✭✭
    Thanks so far, everyone. We'll continue to look at this one.

I usually never complain about the game, but this last patch is almost unplayable. In the last hour after coming home from work, I'm going through alts. And it went from naked Khajiit people, to purple walls everywhere in Rawlkha, to no buildings at all in Rawlkha, to no earth and dropping into the abyss from the clear blue sky during looking at 5 alts. Every login make it worse. Someone needs to step up and tell management that you need to roll-back. Random crashes, texture failures, sound failures, dungeon crashes, etc.
    @Phaero_X --- PC/NA/AD -- Carpe Diem
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭

1 - It doesn't matter if I'm using Rapid Maneuvers (which was nerfed ASWELL), even normal movement is different; if you actually played eso you would agree.
    2 - Mount and running on foot are slower
    3 - doesn't make a bit of difference guys, the balls are inert
    4 - since Thieves guild rollout
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not 100% sure any more. When I first got in after the Thieves Guild patch.. I really thought I could feel a loss of speed at all times (walking, running, sprinting, riding , horseback sprinting, rapids) but last night talking with my Co-op buddy & he didn't seem to notice it at all. We both agreed that jumping over obstacles seems harder or even impossible now. (IE: things we could jump over before the patch are now impossible to jump over or take a lot of attempts to get teh right 'non-clip' distance from the obstacle.

For me it seemed consistent whether I was in a non-CP campaign or in an area with CP applied so I don't think it has to do with any CP passives.

It's really not a huge deal.. it's just a bit frustrating when you walk/run/jump a familiar path in the game & now it requires a different method. My particular spot that stands out to me is in Cheydinhal in Cyrodiil, where you cross the river near the PVE quest givers & there is a broken wall with a ramp of rubble leading up into the building. Before the patch I could stealth after leaving the water & hop straight up this ramp into the building... never failed. Now I cannot do it stealthed but if I leave stealth I can make the jump if I get the exact spot just right.

I'm sure we can all get used to having a slower movement speed & reduced jumping height over time.. butTBH I'd rather go even faster & jump even higher! :)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top speed is still stupid fast with mounts, i see them fly by me and like wth was..... need to slow them down like 30 percent. Kinda looks ridiculous actually.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping up rocky hillsides is now what's annoying me. I used to be able to get up in the same spot for all instances. Now it doesn't work, and I go into the slow motion fall animation. That's a double irritation.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on March 11, 2016 1:33AM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mounted. The sprint key is acting wonky (hard to explain). Sometimes it works well then there are times the key doesn't seem to register. There are times I can keep it depressed and it uses stamina normally, then sometimes it just works once then I need to press it again to get it to work.

I have used this keyboard flawlessly for years, and it was working well before the update.

Yes I noticed this too. Mounted sprinting is very inconsistent.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so annoying! My Sorc is sooooo slow now :(

1. No speed bonuses anywhere(no rapids, no CP's invested)
    2. On foot however, when I'm on my horse who is maxed out in speed & stamina runs slower as well.
    3. both
    4. Everywhere

Pretty much the exact same answers for me as well.
    I don't have any speed buffs/skills.

It is very noticeable on foot, not sprinting but just normal running. I also find it noticeable on my maxed speed horse (which almost bugs me more because I paid for that speed!). I rarely sprint on my character so I'm not sure about that, but horse sprint is slower as well.

Definitely when you run with a weapon unsheathed now it is much slower even than the already slowed down base speed. In the past, I had never noticed this, but now I find running with a weapon out almost unbearable. This annoys me because realistically, holding daggers would not affect my run speed so severely. Greatsword, okay... but not all weapons. It makes questing in large areas rather irritating, especially since none of the gap closing skills seem to be working properly these days.

The first time I noticed it was immediately upon login, in Shornhelm. However, the answer "everywhere" is accurate, because I proceeded to quest for a few hours in varying locations and nothing changed.
    Jumping up rocky hillsides is now what's annoying me. I used to be able to get up in the same spot for all instances. Now it doesn't work, and I go into the slow motion fall animation. That's a double irritation.

This is sort of driving me crazy too. There are a couple of surveys in Craglorn that require jumping up on a rocky area to get to the nodes, and today I just kept doing that slow fall repeatedly before I found a way to get up. In the past this was no problem at all.

I'm finding now that if I try to jump forward from a standing position it pretty much always fails. I have to actually go toward something running and jump, which doesn't work well when you are trying to land in a particular area. I used to be able to just jump and tap W to get onto things.
    Edited by Annalyse on March 11, 2016 4:54AM
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Considering you people have no idea how to adjust damage or heals of singular skills/abilities (except BoL, coincidence? I think not.) and instead just issue out band-aid fixes and globally nerf damage/heals across the board, this latest goof doesn't surprise me at all.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not anyone's keyboard, the mounts tripping on everything bug is back in a new form.

rip decibel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Top speed is still stupid fast with mounts, i see them fly by me and like wth was..... need to slow them down like 30 percent. Kinda looks ridiculous actually.

Try riding to a far away keep in cyrodiil and you'll disagree with the change.

rip decibel
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I looked back on some of my Shadowplay saves and found a recent one with some normal running. I retraced the steps as close as possible and edited the 2 videos to be side by side. Before TG is on the left, after is on the right. If you need proof, you can see the new side flaps on my armor (another issue all together). It's a short run, but a significant difference. Imagine if I had run 10 times farther.

On the other issues brought up in here, the horse stumbling and the player jumps failing as if your toes hung on the edge are bugs that were fixed ages ago brought back in one of the Wrothgar updates that also introduced the slow slide downward after a failed jump. I was hoping those would get fixed in this update, instead they just added more issues. It is funny to watch a group on a mad dash to a Wrothgar world boss on horse back, almost all of us know the various 2 inch high edges you have to jump the horse over to avoid the hang up, we all jump at once as we are riding along. Those of us that get the timing wrong fall behind. So I know that did not get introduced in this update, just the other stuff making it more noticeable to those that had not noticed before.

https://youtu.be/MEz0KU1V3wE
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

1-no speed buff
    2- on foot
    3- both-I seem to run faster with weapons sheathed but still slower then before TG patch
    4- Both inside and out of cyrodiil.

Also on a side note sprinting on a mount seems glitched and just keeps refreshing itself while never letting go of shift.
    Self heal of vigor isn't taking away the run speed buff of rapids when cast on self.
    Rapids has no max distance in a group. I get the rapids buff from anyone who casts it in the group no matter where we are in relation to one another. Example-I'm at Brindle, team mate is at roe and casts rapids, i get the buff.
    Seemed to have lost about 3k of resource stats (magicka,health,stam) in cyrodiil after the patch. This is in no CP BWB campaign.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    1. No as I can't do PvP due to being a below than average player. I don't use champion points speed boost as I need it for protection
    2. I have to use a mount to jump. Seriously, I used a guar to do the veiled heritence initiation. That's how much it has been affected.
    3. Sheathed all the time. You are slower with weapons drawn
    4. As soon as I started playing after the patch. It's horrible.

By the way, my brother still can't log in to the game and has given up.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 11, 2016 8:36AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also they reduced Jump height it seems...

and the freaking annoying "stuck in falling motion" which you cant do anything but flutter in the air like an imbecile.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Here is another vid clip for the devs if they don't know what we're talking about. It is from before Thieves Guild and shows me aware that I need to avoid the raised surfaces, but I fail to clear the second surface and the horse slows.

https://youtu.be/4MqPhCDDa50

And here's the new one out of Wrothgar, the "stick to what you were trying to jump over and slowly slide down" bug. OK in the video I jump on something I clearly can't go over, but I am always bouncing off of stuff and have never stuck to them before, so this is an exaggerated example.

https://youtu.be/2MttZO5d9ew
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hookgrin well done mate. Well earned insightful.
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the slowdown.

Rapids is almost not even worth the cost anymore... (Rally and Rapids do not mix and anything else that will waste rapids)

I've tried it with weapon sheathed, and without.

My horse speed is slower.

All around I feel like I am dragging 100lbs behind me.

PLEASE fix it, because it blows!
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    i noticed it too, thought i was going crazy, glad to see im not the only one noticing it.
  • andryuhav
    andryuhav
    ✭✭✭
    This bug made it to live servers. Guess none of the devs noticed an arrow in a knee, huh?
    Seriously, this just blows!
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    Yes but also slows even if I dont use speed buffs.
    Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    On foot.
    Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    Both.
    Where are you when you notice this?
    Any zone when I first logged into the game at TG patch launch. Both speed and jumping feels really bad right now. If you dont move before you jump you just jump straight up without moving making climbing over rocks incredibility hard unless your a sorc.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
This discussion has been closed.