The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Run Speed Reduced? (Edit: Confirmed Bug)

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Birdovic maybe im thinking of the change in major expedition .. cant seem to find anything on normal speed
    "Reduced the bonus movement speed from the Major Expedition buff category to 30% from 40%."
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W0lf_z13

Well I expected that, because I usually dont miss these things :smiley:
    Anyway, the Major Expedition Speed reduction doesnt really help with the bugged Movement Speed either...
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sad
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I started this thread, have been away from the game for a few months, come back and noticed it still isn't fixed.

Why am I not surprised.

With the lack of dev response, I'm assuming this has now become a 'feature' like so many other bugs they can't fix.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, thanks for your patience in this thread. To give you an update, this is still an issue (as you're well aware) and something we would still like to fix, but currently isn't a high priority due to other bugs the team is working on. We understand this isn't ideal, but keep in mind this is a global issue so everyone has the same movement speed reduction - and for what it's worth, the reduction is very slight compared to what it used to be. Not trying to sweep the issue under the rug, but just tossing out some food for thought.

We'll let you know when we have an update.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, thanks for your patience in this thread. To give you an update, this is still an issue (as you're well aware) and something we would still like to fix, but currently isn't a high priority due to other bugs the team is working on. We understand this isn't ideal, but keep in mind this is a global issue so everyone has the same movement speed reduction - and for what it's worth, the reduction is very slight compared to what it used to be. Not trying to sweep the issue under the rug, but just tossing out some food for thought.

Thanks for the update Gina.

Although you missed a great chance to say "Next major update :trollface:"

Though I guess you can't troll and others might take it seriously in which would make more drama... :cold_sweat:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, in other words, we won't be getting a fix on this because they have broken too much more of the game since we reported it and therefore no longer have time to fix it. I think that was a polite way of saying please stop posting here, we will not be fixing it.

Seems odd to say that this is a global issue and everyone is affected, and then say we won't do anything. I would call something which affects 100% of the players to be a pretty big issue, perhaps even more of an issue than some of the DLC problems with affect far fewer players (although if you are one of them it is still v annoying)
    Edited by Garldeen on July 13, 2016 6:01PM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so u wouldnt mind players using CE to put their movement speed back to normal as it's only very slight alteration? ;P
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    it was actually noted in the patch notes a month or 2 ago that they were going to reduce run speed..................

I think they reduced
    Zaldan wrote: »

so u wouldnt mind players using CE to put their movement speed back to normal as it's only very slight alteration? ;P

Sort of like an employer who wants you to pay for something because it is only a few dollars, but balks at paying it for you even though it is only a few dollars....
  • Blevil
    Blevil
    ✭✭✭
    for some reason I believe they should have not messed with major expedition. It seems as though run speed went bad ever since they added the 10% reduction to major expedition
    |--| /-\ \/\/ /-\ | | `"*-.,
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, folks running cheat engine had no problem fixing movement speed. Seems like it must be a pretty easy thing to adjust if it can be done client side with cheat software.

Leads me to believe that if the developers wanted it fixed it would be. Pretending to want to fix it is so much easier than facing the backlash for admitting to nerfing overall movement speed.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame
    PC-NA
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonkydog wrote: »
    Seems odd to say that this is a global issue and everyone is affected, and then say we won't do anything. I would call something which affects 100% of the players to be a pretty big issue, perhaps even more of an issue than some of the DLC problems with affect far fewer players (although if you are one of them it is still v annoying)
    I think the fact that it affects everyone, making it a lower priority, is actually pretty relevant. If it's affecting everyone equally, nobody is at a disadvantage compared to anyone else. If it was the case that, for example, only Bretons had this problem, that would be a big issue as Bretons would be disadvantaged competitively. When the game is plagued with crashes, disconnects and things directly affecting functionality (like the group finder issues), something that is not working as intended but still technically working is a minor annoyance at best.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I think the fact that it affects everyone, making it a lower priority, is actually pretty relevant. If it's affecting everyone equally, nobody is at a disadvantage compared to anyone else. If it was the case that, for example, only Bretons had this problem, that would be a big issue as Bretons would be disadvantaged competitively. When the game is plagued with crashes, disconnects and things directly affecting functionality (like the group finder issues), something that is not working as intended but still technically working is a minor annoyance at best.

Thing is, I don't think it's every race. I never noticed a speed reduction on my Bosmer, but have noticed it on my Imperial and Altmer, even though they say it's "global". Honestly, I wonder if they are just hoping that over time players just accept the new speed as "normal" and nobody says anything about it anymore. Clearly this has been ongoing for months and we've been told would be fixed but they were still trying to figure out the cause, and now they're saying that it's "not a priority" as in... 'not a priority because we can't figure it out so we'll hope that enough time passes that people forget all about it.'
    Edited by ADarklore on July 13, 2016 11:52PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in other words, we won't be getting a fix on this because they have broken too much more of the game since we reported it and therefore no longer have time to fix it. I think that was a polite way of saying please stop posting here, we will not be fixing it.

In a nutshell, yes.
    Typical of zos and not surprising.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesh, that is a scary quote on many levels. The way I read it.... 1) the don't know how to fix it 2) there are so many bugs in the game they can't get to it 3) in nicer words, telling the customers to "deal with it" 4) it is now a feature like all the other bugs they can't get to/fix

I just wish they would stop the new content for one cycle and come out with a massive and I mean massive patch of nothing but bug and exploit fixes.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Featured as of now. Awesome. Combined with the the animation prioritization changes then I guess? Good to see your combat dynamics is on such a low priority.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »

Thing is, I don't think it's every race. I never noticed a speed reduction on my Bosmer, but have noticed it on my Imperial and Altmer, even though they say it's "global". Honestly, I wonder if they are just hoping that over time players just accept the new speed as "normal" and nobody says anything about it anymore. Clearly this has been ongoing for months and we've been told would be fixed but they were still trying to figure out the cause, and now they're saying that it's "not a priority" as in... 'not a priority because we can't figure it out so we'll hope that enough time passes that people forget all about it.'

My Bosmer is definitely affected. She is the one I was playing the most at the time the bug started and I found it very noticeable. I still do, in fact, but I'm not surprised they are just letting it go and hoping we will start accepting it as normal.

The mounts are even more annoying though... if they even go near a tiny bump they completely lose their speed (that issue seems to have started at the same time as the run speed bug). And yet they can run up stairs full speed.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    I play the game more than I'd like to admit, and I've never really noticed it. It certainly hasn't affected my enjoyment. I'm not saying it shouldn't be fixed, but I don't get why some people are in an uproar over it. :/
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hey Mama! Welcome back! :-)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Things that make is seem like it might not be a global problem? How about the first dev post about the issue...
    This is a tough one for sure, and certainly isn't something that we changed on purpose. The only thing we changed that would've affected your movement speed was reducing Major Expedition by 10%. If you don't use this buff, could you answer the following questions to help us pinpoint what might be happening:
    1. Are you using any speed bonuses (such as a skill like Rapid Maneuvers, or any Champion passive)?
    2. Are you on a mount, or running on foot?
    3. Are your weapons sheathed or unsheathed?
    4. Where are you when you notice this?

Seems like they don't see it and can't find it. If I remember correctly in the alliance war forum it even got an original unable to duplicate. Seems if it was happening globally all the time, it wouldn't be all that hard to track down where it was happening.. Since ya know, it is all the time, to everyone.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on July 14, 2016 5:39AM
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEz0KU1V3wE

That is far from 'very slight'. Its very noticable and annoying.

You say its global but from what some people here are saying, they are not noticing it themselves. So either some players have (not insignificant) visual processing issues, or this isn't a global problem, which makes it even worse.
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭

What does this part mean ?
    Running speed is still at least 10-12% slower than it was before Thieves Guild. That is not very slight. That is huge. And it affecting everyone is your excuse for leaving it that way ?

I'll say this again. It's not a bug. It was done purposely. It will never be reverted.
    That quote above ? More ZOS lies and slippery excuses.

And lets face it, none of the broken things are ever going to be fixed at this stage.
    They will just keep releasing new half finished, buggy, untested, content lacking update after update to make as much $$$ as they can before the build up of bugs, lag and load screens makes the game unplayable for everyone.

Edit#2.
    Regarding that update above. After reading it again and thinking about it a little more. My oh my!
    "We know your movement speed is slower. But hey , everyone is slower so don't feel too bad! But we are not going to do anything about it for the foreseeable future. We are desperately trying to sweep this issue under the rug so please don't bother us with it anymore. "
    Edited by bunnytrix on July 14, 2016 4:45PM
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, finally an answer.
    But im no really happy with it :neutral:

The answer was just as vague as a politican who is promoting his campaign with promises, but doesnt explain how he will make those promises come true.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still suspect that some of the size modifiers for the Avatars/PCs are off... I often feel smaller when I come across some certain rockfaces. thats also why I can't for the live of me jump over almost every pebble there is :D. They shrunk us, and thus probably made us slower. Something like that.
  • TheElf
    TheElf
    ✭✭
    Huh, posted on the other forum related to this too. I'm bumping though because there's no excuse this issue should not be considered a priority. Movement, it's literally the backbone of any 3D game.

Having read some of the replies here, I'm more inclined to say that indeed my DK Bosmer did not get nearly as much of a nerf on movement as my Templar Nord did. From a lore standpoint, idk maybe that's kosher, but it's not okay to pretend like nerfing such a core mechanic as movement speed should not be considered a top priority.

I'll try to do some investigating on my toons to see if I can objectively show my Nord got the nerf and my Bosmer didn't. But it looks like even if I did prove such a thing, would such a fix be a higher priority than making the next next cute little pony in the asset store?
  • Drungly
    Drungly
    ✭✭✭

Like the CP 160 mail, which is getting fixed. This doesn't even affect all players and is a minor annoyance, but apparently higher priority than a reduced run speed.

I'm completely lost.
  • BrierTOG
    BrierTOG
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that some of my characters did get slower and today i got a loading screen when i used that twohanded sprint skill to get close to mobs fast, that was a first. Got me killed too *sniffle*.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say its global but from what some people here are saying, they are not noticing it themselves. So either some players have (not insignificant) visual processing issues, or this isn't a global problem, which makes it even worse.

Or else that it is slight, being enough for some to notice but not so great that everyone notices it. I can't say I've noticed it personally, but that doesn't mean that I'm unaffected by it, I may simply not have noticed it because movement speed may not be as significant to me as it is to you. Your video certainly shows a very slight difference in arrival time at the wayshrine and if they weren't comparing one run with the other but were simply making the run at the current movement speed I doubt that most people would think "hey this is slower than usual".

If they can eventually fix it then great, but on the basis of your video it's hardly a pressing issue compared with the other performance issues people are complaining about, especially on console. It certainly isn't game-breaking, unlike some of those other issues.
    Edited by Tandor on July 18, 2016 5:53PM
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Or else that it is slight, being enough for some to notice but not so great that everyone notices it. I can't say I've noticed it personally, but that doesn't mean that I'm unaffected by it, I may simply not have noticed it because movement speed may not be as significant to me as it is to you. Your video certainly shows a very slight difference in arrival time at the wayshrine and if they weren't comparing one run with the other but were simply making the run at the current movement speed I doubt that most people would think "hey this is slower than usual".

If they can eventually fix it then great, but on the basis of your video it's hardly a pressing issue compared with the other performance issues people are complaining about, especially on console. It certainly isn't game-breaking, unlike some of those other issues.

This is mostly a PvP problem (and a big one) but i first noticed it when i tried vMA. I could still do it it just took a while to adapt to the slow speed.
    Its a global problem, its just that many playes are new and cant tell the difference between previous running and running knee-deep in swamp. The answer zos gave us is that this isnt a priortity atm because everyone is affected by it.... so its balanced for the time being lol
    Its hardly a pressing issue because the entire playerbase told zos in PTS... and during launch and we were ignored (even told that there was no bug) for 4-5 months now? Everyone stopped caring eventually
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

This discussion has been closed.