Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

shield stacking was never a problem, hardened ward is.

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a full set of each armor type:
    Light Armor gets 21% cost reduction and 28% Magicka Recovery.
    Medium Armor gets 21% cost reduction, 28% Stamina Recovery and 28% reduced Dodge Roll cost.
    Heavy Armor gets 346 Stamina/Magicka when hit every 4 seconds (173 Stamina/Magicka Recovery), 28% Health Recovery, 20% reduced Block cost and 7% healing received.

With the Champion System:
    Warlord can grant 16% cost reduction.
    Magician can grant 16% cost reduction.
    Sprinter can grant 24% reduced Sprint cost.
    Bashing Focus can grant 25% reduced Bash cost.
    Mooncalf can grant 25% Stamina Recovery.
    Arcanist can grant 25% Magicka Recovery.
    Healthy can grant 25% Health Recovery.
    Tenacity can grant 16% increased Heavy Attack returns.
    Tumbling can grant 18% reduced Dodge Roll and Break Free cost.
    Blessed can grant 25% increased healing.
    Elfborn can grant 25% increased critical healing.
    Precise Strikes can grant 25% increased critical healing.
    Block Expertise can grant 25% reduced Block cost.
    Quick Recovery can grant 16% healing received.
    Bastion can grant 24% increased Damage Shields.

The first thing we can look into in terms of sustain is cost reduction. While possible to attain good resource management in Heavy Armor, by default it's terrible. All types get Recovery so that by itself is not enough for high sustain -- cost reduction is the other half.

Sustain was also a problem prior to Update 6, when Recovery stats could reach 10% of Max stats. Since then cost has gone up, Recovery down and the ways to reduce cost have gone up along with ways to increase Recovery.

Update 6 was a re-imagining of the game's balance and it will take a long time to sort out all the major issues it introduced and went unnoticed as we all relearned the game.
    Edited by Ffastyl on February 9, 2016 3:41AM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    I've had several 20 minute fights on my Dragon (Argonian DK) vs Sorcs. At the end, the draw, my damage recap would look something like 1.5 million dmg done. 1.2 million absorbed.

I won't even fight a sorc on my magicka NB anymore. Most likely it will be a stressful never ending battle. Avoid the sorc burst and hope they get over confident and don't re-Ward after every cast.

i am considering just not fighting sorcs at all on my stam blade, as almost every sorc i face constantly puts up consistent 18-20K shield stacks. it is almost impossible to get through them because sorcerers will not just stand there and let one wrecking blow them to death, they will use block,, streak, mines, dodge roll, etc. sniping them is pointless because the amount of damage they can do with frags and other skills eats me up. the only way I can think of to actually beat one without the help of 5 teammates is to use a mana DK with scales (ironic seeing how the mana DK is in one of the worst states in the game atm:D)

as I may have mentioned earlier, I am not calling sorcerers OP, nor do I want them nerfed.. ZOS needs to either put damage shields into the major/minor system, where one gets removed if another is cast. or softcaps should come back. Would they limit builds? perhaps, but we would see less of constant 24K shield stacks and endless WB and snipe spam, and the end of open combat non-crit 10K attacks. (and yes I have seen 20K+ shield stacks, I have seen consistent 24K shield stacks and even one non-emp player pull out a 27K shield stack, I am not lying, I do not lie about such things)

Considering you're a stamblade I find it hard to believe that you're ever faced with a ward larger than 14k that you need to worry about. Harness magicka will merge with hardened ward on your opponents health bar showing you an 18k-20k ward, but your physical damage will ignore harness magicka completely. Nobody has a hardened ward larger than 14k in pvp, mine is 12k. If you fought me with my 12k hardened ward and I stacked a 6k harness on top of it you would see an 18k ward but in reality you would still only have a 12k ward to break throuhg before you could damage my health pool. I thought this was common knowledge now. No good sorc will use healing ward at full hp. So consistent 24k shield stacks are non-existant from a stam build point of view.

my experience tells a different story.

"from a stam builds PoV" I am not looking at this from only a stam builds PoV, I am trying to include all builds in general. . Stam builds are not the only builds in this game. A mana DK is not getting thru those shields, a mana templar could draw the fight out to ridiculous proportions, and a mana NB would just get burst down unless the sorcerer did not have a counter for cloak.

and tbhI have played in Azura's star, and I RARELY ever have seen a stam build beat a sorcerer as easily as most claim. I am either missing or not seeing something..most of the time its stack damage shields, toss down mines, and begin using force shock or the like, with insta 6-15K crystal frags constantly in use. By the time I see most people close the gap they are already halfway dead. Maybe someone like Xylena or Sypher can do it that way, but most of us are not that good at the game.

if you disagree, that is fine. but please do not assume I am only looking at it from a stamblades PoV, I am not that narrow minded.

No I agree with you; shield stacking is op af for magicka builds to go against. I would like zos to prevent shields from being stacked, even for pve, because it's not necessary imo, or at least shouldn't be necessary. I gave up using harness in pvp when 1.7 dropped and I gave up using healing ward about a month ago. I use hardened ward combined with defensive rune and combat prayer instead, and it works well for me. Not gonna pretend I wouldn't be more survivable with healing ward, but a couple of tweaks, some cp in the right places and some impen and I was surprised just how survivable you can be with just one ward. I want to see the end of the shield stacking sorc meta as much as anyone.

It was the part of your comment I bolded that I was replying to, because it was typical of the type of exaggeration I see all the time. Yes shield stackig sorcs are op for magicka builds, but facts are still facts. Stam builds have no right compaining about going up against 18-20k shield stacks, or using it as a reason they find sorcs op. I will admit to not considering many stam builds also play magicka builds.

For balance to be achievable people need to stop letting their passionate feelings get in the way of rational opinions. Sorcs are not the rampaging mini-emps people like to make out, maybe in 1.6 but not anymore. The sorcs you see soloing groups of 6+ are actually soloing groups of 6+ clueless noobs. Myself and my nb buddy took on a group of 9 last week and wiped them, but not because we had mad skillz or op builds, but because half the group weren't even trying to damage us and just went down in our ultis without fighting. There are some really poor players on the vet campaigns of late. I don't know any sorc on EU that can take on more that 2-3 experienced players. So it is simply l2p, as much as I hate saying that. It just takes 2 to pressure and one to cc at the right time, and don't chase them into areas with lots of cover. In my experience, as of the current live patch, it still takes longer to take down a good dk or templar tank.

i have not only played a stam build. I have played this game since the beta, I have run plenty of mana characters in that time, if I did not I would not be on here flapping my internet gums.

"my and my NB buddy took on a group of 9 players and won, we should be able to because they either did not have the skill or we were just better" this is where we fundamentally disagree. This is not COD, this game is supposed to emphasize group play and teamwork, and its hard to notice that when 2 people can kill groups over 3 times their size. thank sithis for keeps and scrolls, otherwise this truly would be a game similar to COD

"stam builds have no right calling 18-20K shield stacks OP or calling sorcs OP" when did I claim sorcs were OP?. I said at least twice they were not, and im sorry, but I will complain. I am not going to keep my opinion to myself just because I like to play a stamina build. Me playing a stamina build does not mean I cannot consider the welfare of mana builds as well. I know enough to know mana templars cannot get through those shields, at least not without a gigantic drawn out fight, same with mana blades. Mana DKs at least have scales.

"it takes longer to take down a good DK or templar tank" of course it does, they are tanks, they spec mostly in taking damage, even shield stacking is not going to fully substitute in the role of tanking for an old fashioned shield.

I will take my leave, I need to get started on this mana blade. Have a good night.

Lolwut that quote is not what I said at all. I said we wiped them because they basically just stood there and let us, and my point was that this is pretty common in cyro.

I took the time to copy and paste this quote of yours rather than paraphrase it out of all recognition; "i am considering just not fighting sorcs at all on my stam blade, as almost every sorc i face constantly puts up consistent 18-20K shield stacks". This is what I originally replied to. You certainly implied they were op, and I would agree that shield stacking sorcs are op, but my point was that you lose credibility if you admit to being a stamblade only to complain about "consistent 27k shield stacks" when in reality tou never face a ward larger than about 14k. I dislike hyperbole whether I agree with any point being made or not.
    PC | EU
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Yoyuyi999
    @Lyar09

Hey! That's me!

Congratulations you fabulous nerd-raging sorc haters. The only thing you have managed to do here is prove that damage mitigation is out of control FOR EVERY CLASS. Did you see how much damage Yoyuyi mitigated? I guarantee it was just as much if not more than I did, half of it passively, without using any resources or global cooldowns. Just mindless free resistance based and crit based mitigation.

That and I'm like a top 10 sorc NA, so other sorcs mileage may very. Let's look at one of the best sorcs in the game, and then nerf sorc because this one guy actually knows how to play his class correctly. You guys are hilarious.

Good fight brother. I need more practice vs DK though. I just can't seem to apply enough pressure.

EDIT:
    Real sorcs don't even need mines, shield stacks, or streak bro. DK can face tank, OMG, this sorc can too? Well holy s***. Does that hurt your feels bro? Is that somehow unfair? I don't think this echo chamber of a thread has collectively twisted logic and reason enough to justify the idea that this wasn't a fair fight. Clearly it was, and Hardened Ward was not the problem. The problem is Xevenex.

Nerf Xevenex.

EDIT EDIT:
    That was't even really a fight man. It was two bros trying new s*** on the PTS. I was slotting two toggles FFS.

Edited by Xeven on February 29, 2016 8:18AM
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao all I did was post the thread for yoyu. Dont call me out when I've never even said a word to you xevenex.
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    Lmao all I did was post the thread for yoyu. Dont call me out when I've never even said a word to you xevenex.

I ain't even mad dude, and I sure as hell ain't calling anyone out. I am however defending my class and it's only viable defensive mechanic. The "topic" of this thread is straight up bogus, and it's full of salty ass tears.
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great to see inadequate people talking about balance.. welcome to eso forums
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a single shield is the problem, but stacking of multiple shields is. Hardened ward or healing ward is not a problem, but when they are stacked with harness magicka...thats when the "problem" starts being noticeable.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭
    I say take away battle spirit, this would of been a much different fight without it.
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    tennant94 wrote: »
    'hardened ward is the problem' lmao. He couldn't kill you either.

Read the input. He couldn't kill me because every other attack was him using Hardened Ward. He never fully committed to killing me before putting Hardened back on. Unlike other sorcs, who do actually use abilities to kill me.

What abilities? Curse, and Fury? Really bro? Come on now. We've killed eachother plenty. I will never just roll over and die for you.

Every 4 seconds you were flapin dem wings too man, and you didnt slot anything particularly hard hitting. You would have done far better with wrecking blow or werewolf. Especially because I wasn't even slotting streak or healing ward.

I really wish you would talk to me before you post *** like this. I don't mind discussing our differences, and I could have told you that I was slotting two toggles. Sword and board was never going to cut through that.

Edited by Xeven on February 29, 2016 8:29AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    @XEVENEX I posted this video before we were chill :/ Im not calling you out in any way. or trying not to at least. Sorry about the troubles.
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually quite enjoyed the video, I just hated the thread title. You're a beast man. Thread title should have been nerf Yoyuyi.
  • Wild_squirtle
    Wild_squirtle
    ✭✭✭
    I like shields, wings, cloak, BoL, healing ward, scales. I like it all just let people play. Dont expect to get into an evenly matched fight 100% of the time and be ready to adjust on the fly. Or just come here and QQ w.e.

Want perfectly balanced fights from the start all the time go play a Moba.
  • loyalhabsfan
    loyalhabsfan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xeven

When I was 12, my entire family held my birthday party event at a local amusement park. The absolute best part of the day was the GoKart's. Everyone acted like they didn't really care who won each race, but honestly it was super competitive... I won like 7 races out of 10 that day because for whatever reason, my GoKart was inherently faster than my competitors. It just was. Family in the stands would make comments after each race, encouraging me to "race that well" in a different GoKart. Even though I knew my GoKart gave me an advantage, I was salty af and told them if nobody else has to switch GoKarts, why should I?! It's my birthday man gtfo don't be mad that you lost! Lol.

In other words, you sound like me on my 12th birthday. Magicka Sorcs are unanimously overpowered. Your top 10 NA comment made me laugh. You walk into this thread like Horatio Caine walks into a crime scene, as if this community needs to feel belittled by your presence. It's hilarious.

I guess your post just instantly made me think of my 12 year old brain's defense mechanism of, "gtfo man this GoKart is mine it's not even that fast I'm just better..."

"Mom pls don't make me switch it's my birthday ffs"
    Edited by loyalhabsfan on February 29, 2016 3:03PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the footage, it doesn't look like healing or shield's are the problem. It's resource sustain.

Yep.

I always laugh when someone comes up with nonsense like this topic.

They dueled for 15mins the sorc shielded and the NB healed through all of the dmg done. So if you want to nerf shields in this case you want to nerf vigor too.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to figure out why it is a problem that your sorcerer opponent did not die but it was OK that neither did you.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    wings as in scales? no, it does not need a nerf. it was nerfed once already, it does not need a second.

in regards to the damage shield issue, yes it is indeed an issue. I have seen sorcerers CONSISTENTLY pull up 18-20K shields/shield stacks while still maintaining high offensive capability and seemingly never run out of mana, it would take entire groups or someone around the level of Sypher to kill them. However, the issue lies with the way resources are done in this game.

Of course someone is going to be able to constantly pull up damage shields when mana pools can go up to 30-40K and resource regain can be brought to the mid 2Ks-3Ks, im not even putting heavy attacks or potions into the mix; and the fact that hardened ward scales off of mana is the reason a sorcerer is able to do what he or she can do, having powerful shields AND offense at the same time. Do I want sorcerers nerfed? No, we do not need nerfs; instead the way resources work in this game needs to be looked at. I personally think soft caps should return; but that is just my opinion. Many people think constant damage shield stack/spam is a good thing, and they have the right to have that opinion, i just simply disagree with the majority in this issue.

Exactly man. The resource thing would not only solve shield spam, it would also spam wing spam. Love your explanation.

A better title for this should have been "fix resource management" or "bring back soft caps because..." The title for this thread is a bit misleading, and makes it sound like a nerf Sorcerer thread.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    tennant94 wrote: »
    'hardened ward is the problem' lmao. He couldn't kill you either.

Read the input. He couldn't kill me because every other attack was him using Hardened Ward. He never fully committed to killing me before putting Hardened back on. Unlike other sorcs, who do actually use abilities to kill me.

So he was more focused on defense rather than offense..... how does this translate to nerf hardened ward again?.

@Lucky28

Youre missing the point. You dont need to aim for survival to do so. Just have the skills on your bar. Its not like youre stacking heavy armor/blocking/hp and everything else. This is just running around with your normal stuff and out "Tanking" the tanking section of the game.

You get such high shields because you are stacking for DPS with magicka. As you dump into this dps/sustain stat you end up boosting the shield to very high levels and again.. Its just a slot on your skill bar. Yes you can put more DPS abilities on your bar but you can really only use so many abilities at once. ( 5 DPS abilities on a bar probly wont net you more dps if youre just using 2-3 moves in your rotation)

Thus you get this. A High Damage High Mitigation High Sustain build with CC at one time. Which shouldnt be the case. You should be going down one of those paths to keep in line with everything else. Though to be fair ZOS planned it this way. IMHO if stacking magicka for high sustains didnt boost the shield that high it would be much less of an issue. But then what do you do? Its their main defense ability. So in that light shield stacking becomes the viable problem to look at. Would a minor/major system work? No it wouldnt actually heh. Though i would like it to it simply would shift the warding system into a problem area.

For example as a healer. When you are using wards such as the ulti.. What happens then? it overwrites their shield? Their shield overwrites it? Does the ultimate now become useless? What about healers using healing ward in their rotation. Does their hardened ward overwrite it? Can the healer no long count on it as a healing ability? If they ward over it isnt the healer just wasting their time? Is it fair to let someone elses shield overwrite yours if they cast it on you? What if you cast healing ward and you want the heal and someone casts another ward right before its finished?

Point being is. Saying Minor/major system is simple. But it gets messy real quick and the whole warding system would need to be redone from the ground up just to put it in and values on all wards would need to be changed and the fact everyone pretty much has access to wards would also need to be reworked.

Going to tag you 2 so you know what im talking about and maybe some other solutions other then sustain at this point as sustain nerfs will effect PVE heavily.

@Cody
    @Yoyuyi999
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xeven

When I was 12, my entire family held my birthday party event at a local amusement park. The absolute best part of the day was the GoKart's. Everyone acted like they didn't really care who won each race, but honestly it was super competitive... I won like 7 races out of 10 that day because for whatever reason, my GoKart was inherently faster than my competitors. It just was. Family in the stands would make comments after each race, encouraging me to "race that well" in a different GoKart. Even though I knew my GoKart gave me an advantage, I was salty af and told them if nobody else has to switch GoKarts, why should I?! It's my birthday man gtfo don't be mad that you lost! Lol.

In other words, you sound like me on my 12th birthday. Magicka Sorcs are unanimously overpowered. Your top 10 NA comment made me laugh. You walk into this thread like Horatio Caine walks into a crime scene, as if this community needs to feel belittled by your presence. It's hilarious.

I guess your post just instantly made me think of my 12 year old brain's defense mechanism of, "gtfo man this GoKart is mine it's not even that fast I'm just better..."

"Mom pls don't make me switch it's my birthday ffs"
    @loyalhabsfan

Cool story bro.

Now let me just bring you back down to earth. Yoyuyi will wreck you two time faster on his Stam DK than I ever could on my MagiSorc, if you know how to champion point or otherwise play this game intelligently. I can understand how inept people who can't manage to string together a combo of high damage abilities combined with a CC might feel the way you do. "His health doesn't change... That's OP."

Sure, you can touch Yoyuyi's health, but you are still absolutely no threat to him either. If you can't break a sorc's hardened ward, you will never, ever break Yoyuyi's tank either. You must burst to kill good players in this game.

Is that good or bad? I'd say it's bordering on bad. The battle spirit mitigation is way too high. Every class is absurdly tanky if they know what they are doing.

Your gocart analogy is naive. Being in the top 10 of your class in ESO is kind of like being in the top 10 of the special olympics. It's not a feather in my cap, it just is what it is. 90% of players are bad, and that's ok. It's a *** video game.

Furthermore, I am top 10 easily, and I don't care if that offends you or makes you uncomfortable. If other people have the same exact gocart, and you still wreck them in your sleep, does that make you good at go carts? Nah, that just means they're bad at gocarts.
    Edited by Xeven on February 29, 2016 4:19PM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For starters:

1. Both of the players in this vid are solid players, and both were simply using what their class has to mitigate damage. DK use reflect and high resist, Sorcs use damage shields, its two sides of the same coin. Both sides have equally cheese healing.

2. This vid also shows you EVERYTHING that is currently wrong with PVP in this game.

Infinite Resource builds with high damage like shown here are the lamest thing in gaming and have killed many past games.

ZOS(pre-1.6) didn't want to put cool downs in this game, so they used resource caps and hard and soft caps to make resource management the cooldown instead of flat cool downs, and then decided it was a genius idea to remove caps and resource management altogether.

IMO PVP in this game is dead. I know im finished playing the PVP portion of it until some major changes are made, TG is the same garbage we have been stuck with since 1.6...1.6 started this lame garbage and it just continues down the pipe. PVP in this game currently is either:

1. Zerg down 1-2 people with 40 people while running around pushing 1 button.
    2. The never ending boring damage mitigate, never run out of resources, shield stacking or heal/crit resistances stacking you see here.

The PVE in this game is great, and ZOS has done a very good job with it. I still have a ton of PVE stuff to complete in this game. PVP however is a far cry....its best days are now far behind it....there is a reason so many of the greats no longer play.

Hova(Had the best DC guild by far IMO), Leper Si, Murdo, King of Thieves, Vanus, Pixysticks, etc...some of my biggest rivals ever in this game and the absolute most fun people to play along side or against no longer play...why should they? the game offers nothing but zerg warfare and if its not zerg warfare its the cheese in #2 so whats the point?

#2 is worse then the permablocking Vamp DK's EVER WERE....the Permablocking DK wasn't killing anyone, smart players would ignore him kill all his friends and feast on him last. Now every class can do what the permablocking DK used to do just in a different manner, with the only difference being never running out of resources.

And they want to put arenas in this game? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! your joking....all 3 of the classes would have to be completely scrapped and start over from scratch even hope to get something that would resemble a somewhat fair arena....

The Champion System was a complete failure for PVP, the CS should have been turned off in Cyrodiil on day one....that may have helped things out somewhat...this is coming from someone who is well over the 501 CP cap....the CS has broken PVP to the point of no return.

in short, until ZOS makes some major architectural changes to how this game functions, PVP is dead to me...its no longer competitive, the small scale skirmish fights i used to have with guys like Leper Si, and Murdo, and King of Thieves, or my absolute epic fights with Vanus on Haderus...those days are over....the fun parts of this game have simply dried up and the CS and game decisions ZOS has made is a big part of that.

the Stamina Build vs The Magic Build is the best example of ZOS failures.

in 1.5 we had a soft cap system and No Champion System. what this meant was:
    • You could focus on Stamina Skills(weapon skills) and still use magic skills(Class skills) without being gimped
    • Hybrid Builds were totally possible and there was far more viable builds then we have today
    • You had to plan your character build a bit more carefully as doing nothing but stacking damage put you against a wall and also make your character weaker in other areas

Now none of that matters, once you hit about 400+ CP you can stack damage out the wazoo and make up your short comings with CP into Regen and Cost Reduction passives that scale far too high. The removal of softcaps while also taking major class skills and making stamina morphs of them was the final nail of the homogenization of the game and the flatout ruining of this game.

The CS and removal of soft caps punished hybrid builds so heavily to the point of ZOS being forced to make stamina morphs of class skills to compensate not realizing they are killing class individuality and uniqueness. Hence the reason every stamina class is almost a carbon copy of one another.

Simply put, the PVP in this game right now and with the TG update is an absolute disaster. Its not even remotely fun anymore. The poor decisions by ZOS has sucked all the fun right out of this game like a Hoover. I see nothing on the horizon that gives me any hope whatsoever that ZOS is going to address these problems. They are big time fundamental problems too. these issues are every bit as big of an issue as the lag.

So simply put, for now im just going to focus on completing the PVE achievements i don't have and finishing off some stuff on my other toons, and simply ignore Cyrodiil altogether from this point on. As annoying as Vet MSA can be (since i have only been in there 3-4 times maybe) atleast im not stuck or forced to use absolutely broken things and being faced with absolute broken mechanics like Cyrodiil currently is.

With every patch, they keep adding broken things to the point its no longer worth the frustation.

1st we had Spell Penetration that was broken for over a year. where no one had any Spell Resist in Cyrodiil at all if you had a Sharpened or Nirn weapon

Then we we were stuck with the Sharpened Maul bug that still exists as far as i know, you might as well be running around naked if your under 33k armor (I tested this, 7 pieces of Heavy Reinforced Armor well over 33k Armor rating and till hit for 10k Wrecking Blows in PVP...its completely broken)

Then we were stuck with the Nirnhoned bug for months that gave near everyone a 50% damage reduction to magic spells.

then we were stuck with the multiple Mundas Stone glitch with players running around PVP for months with multiple mundas stone bonuses

Then we have that Seducer wearing Sorc and his Soul collecting Templar friend running around Cyrodiil for oever a year clearly cheating anf exploiting the Mist Form and Vamp damage reductions

this list just goes on and on, and the best players are the ones that exploit these clearly broken things. Broken things that ZOS leaves in the game for months on end.

At this point, there is simply a far to large long list of greivences that won't be rectified anytime soon in PVP. Oh and Templars get another nerf bat swung at them because someone can't just DPS them down because a healer shouldn't be allowed to...ya know...heal his team mates....but keep upping that DPS ZOS....its just pure genius on your part.

See my Threads about "Impenetrable needing to be adjusted" and "Why Does ZOS keep introducing Unbalanced DPS sets into the game" threads....there is a reason healers and tanks are in short demand for dungeons and 8 out of 10 players are DPS....ZOS is pushing this game into the direction of every class can heal and tank while DPS removing all the other roles alltogehter.

A magic Sorc and a DK will be more effective healers then Templars, thats just outright ridiclious. The Templar is the only class in the game with an entire class line devoted to healing, but they will now be outclassed by DK and Sorc's, because thats totally logically and makes sense.....

its truly sad how much they really have ran things into the ground... a game that had such a great PVP environment absolutely gutted.

not much more left to say, @Ezareth was right...the game we are getting is ending up being a game no one wants to play.....what a shame.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its truly sad how much they really have ran things into the ground... a game that had such a great PVP environment absolutely gutted.

not much more left to say, @Ezareth was right...the game we are getting is ending up being a game no one wants to play.....what a shame.

LOL Murdo, that's a name I haven't seen in ESO in a very long time. I miss those days of PvP before 1.6 dropped, pretty sad how lost PvP in this game is.
    Edited by OdinForge on February 29, 2016 4:30PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanna see a screen shot of one of these sorcs with a 18 k Hardened ward so I can get there build I have 40kish magicka and 100 Pts in bastion and it's not 18 k
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

LOL Murdo, that's a name I haven't seen in ESO in a very long time. I miss those days of PvP before 1.6 dropped, pretty sad how lost PvP in this game is.

Yup! Murdo and King of Thieves were always together, thats how ya know were some of the last old timers still around....

I have even had some fun fights with you buddy! I remember you getting the drop one me one night in the sewers very well played on your part. I ended up getting you back a few days later in the center room with Molag Bal, fun times!

I know your like me, you miss the old days Cyrodiil . It was far more diverse and fun. Your right it is a shame how far things haven fallen.....how can a game that was so fun from Apil of 2014 all the way up until Jan 2015 be sunk as low as it is now...its crazy how much they have ran things into the ground when it comes to PVP.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love you @Xeven

That is all.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    I love you @Xeven

That is all.

Stockholm syndrome
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »
    I love you @Xeven

That is all.

Stockholm syndrome

Lmfao! That was good! Props, I always appreciate wit, even at my expense!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »
    I love you @Xeven

That is all.

Stockholm syndrome

Lmfao! That was good! Props, I always appreciate wit, even at my expense!

Haha! Nothing like a good laugh.

• OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup! Murdo and King of Thieves were always together, thats how ya know were some of the last old timers still around....

I have even had some fun fights with you buddy! I remember you getting the drop one me one night in the sewers very well played on your part. I ended up getting you back a few days later in the center room with Molag Bal, fun times!

I know your like me, you miss the old days Cyrodiil . It was far more diverse and fun. Your right it is a shame how far things haven fallen.....how can a game that was so fun from Apil of 2014 all the way up until Jan 2015 be sunk as low as it is now...its crazy how much they have ran things into the ground when it comes to PVP.

I've already left ESO, I sign in sometimes to play with friends for a few hours but only once a week at this point. The next games I play will be Dark Souls or For Honor.

I won't lie, there was a part of me that felt 1.6 could have been better with modification. I realize the issue now is a direct result of the people in charge, and there is no way to fix that easily. When I heard Wrobel talking about Crystal Blast, I knew PvP in this game was done for a long time.

You and I don't always agree on the forums, but I respect you and the other remaining "old time pvpers" if there are many even left. I'll always miss those pre 1.6 days of fighting Murdo and Heisenberg and team out in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by OdinForge on February 29, 2016 8:41PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've already left ESO, I sign in sometimes to play with friends for a few hours but only once a week at this point. The next games I play will be Dark Souls or For Honor.

I won't lie, there was a part of me that felt 1.6 could have been better with modification. I realize the issue now is a direct result of the people in charge, and there is no way to fix that easily. When I heard Wrobel talking about Crystal Blast, I knew PvP in this game was done for a long time.

You and I don't always agree on the forums, but I respect you and the other remaining "old time pvpers" if there are many even left. I'll always miss those pre 1.6 days of fighting Murdo and Heisenberg and team out in Cyrodiil.

Thank you, I respect you as well.

Im sad to hear you have left too, the way things are looking it may not be much longer for myself either. I like you miss the days of Fighting Murdo and those guys in PVP, wow was "That game" fun eh?

I need to catch up on my Steam Library a bit, i have had the Witcher 3 on the backburner for awhile and still not finished with Fallout 4 yet. Regardless, I hope everything is well with you Odin, take care of yourself! I myself will probably still be on the forums and such but for anything else, im not sure about that haha
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    How does one shield stack? I main a vet 16 Templar just made that class. I have the cat, sorc, wolf at lvl 18 now. Still don't know how to stack it.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xboxone1Q wrote: »
    How does one shield stack?

History_Vikings_Shield_Wall_REV_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg