Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for 64-bit Client

• kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mac client's working fine for me, other than the continuing bugs:

- Can't move until I hit jump.
    - Rain puts a moire or solid fill on the ground.

rzvB6Iz.png

Loading screens take a while (10-60s), but nothing as bad as mid last year.

FPS is varying immensely. When I'm looking towards a map edge, it goes far over 60, when I look towards complex areas, even with solid walls in the way, it drops to 20ish. So occlusion culling is not happening like it should.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Not starting on Windows 10 x64. Just nothing happens
    Edited by Alexium on February 10, 2016 3:08PM
  • nilldax
    nilldax
    ✭✭✭
    Null, nada, nothing. Starts to run only via Administrator... and ends its life after 3 seconds in task manager, not launching, nor crashing.

and my awesome:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 3GHz
    4 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windows 10 professional 64 bit.

Same issue with the 64 bit client.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x56b55b28
    Faulting module name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x56b55b28
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000912e53
    Faulting process id: 0x2dc0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1638122a5a1f6
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\Elder Scrolls Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS\game\client\eso64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Games\Elder Scrolls Online\The Elder Scrolls Online PTS\game\client\eso64.exe
    Report Id: 634d1d70-cf74-11e5-8266-002522fd765b
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
  • Okamiris
    Okamiris
    ✭✭✭✭
    Impossible to launch Eso64.exe, admin & compatibility icluded :

Système d'exploitation
    Windows 8.1 Professionnel 64-bit
    Processeur
    Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
    Technologie Haswell 22nm
    RAM
    16,0 Go Canal-Double DDR3 @ 666 MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Carte mère
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z97-HD3 (SOCKET 0)
    Graphiques
    HSG1116 (1920x960@30Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)
    4095 MoNVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess i love how 64-bit client works but apparently we won't be able to do proper tests on pts sever.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 10, 2016 8:33AM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me to the list of "started it and nothing happens" (Win 8.1). The process in Task Manager ended after about 5 seconds.

Volkodav wrote: »
    Excuse me if I ask a silly question, but how do I know if I downloaded the 64 bit client?
    It automatically downloads when you patch. :)
    Well,if it automatically DLed,I have no problem with it.I was in the PTS last night and all's fine.
    @Volkodav It automatically downloads with the patch, but you have to manually start it from the client folder. If you opened PTS from the launcher, you were using the 32-bit client.
    Edited by Enodoc on February 10, 2016 3:47PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can run the 64bit on windows 7, but I crash every 10 minutes or so.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

Yea, our guys have the same problem.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    x64 does give you some better performance than x32 client? Or just better memory management and game over? :(
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

Yea, our guys have the same problem.

But I assume you're both playing in MoL ? Looks like 64bit crashing issues are different from MoL crashing issues...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 10, 2016 12:25PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    x64 does give you some better performance than x32 client? Or just better memory management and game over? :(

It's too soon to be sure it's not some sort of placebo effect, but it really FEELS smoother, more fluent, no stuttering, no mini-freezes... overall a MUCH BETTER experience on 64bits than on 32.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    Don not starting on Windows 10 x64. Just nothing happens

Same here. Click it nothing happens get a wheel like it is about to do something but never loads it seems.

Edited by kevlarto_ESO on February 10, 2016 12:43PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruben wrote: »
    We believe we've found the problem relating to an encryption issue, and will let you know when we'll be able to fix it as soon as we can. Still testing, though. Please stand by...

It's nice to know that the problem was found. I guess the fix is coming with next weeks patch? Or will it be pushed in a smaller incremental as soon as it's ready?

Yes, should be fixed with our incremental early next week. Unfortunately we cannot do another full patch before then, and it's not something that can be hotfixed.

Thanks for the status update, Gina, and I hope you can get it working with the next PTS update.

I don't mean to whine, but I have to say this issue really doesn't help the image of ZOS (for me at least).

That only the Mac x64 client was launched with the TG PTS update doesn't bother me one bit. And I also wouldn't have thought twice about it if the latest patch notes had stated the PC x64 client was currently only compatible with Windows 7. Even the issues regarding the need to update certain Windows components seem relatively normal in a test environment. But for the game simply not to run on the latest version of Windows at all, and for the developer to be unaware of it, that worries me.

I realize this is PTS and there will be issues and bugs. What rubs me the wrong way is that the dev team was apparently caught by surprise, as in, they weren't even aware that the x64 client simply doesn't start on the current version of Windows. I hope this will at least serve to update the in-house testing procedures at ZOS.

Other than that, looking forward to testing the new client and to the launch of Thieves Guild :)
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we get a little feedback on why there was (apparently) no other PC OS tested than Win 7? I mean....since Microsoft is pushing Win 10 that hard, a test on that OS wouldn't have been wrong I guess.
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • rich.magab14a_ESO
    rich.magab14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

im on windows 8 and the 64 bit client does not launch at all.

Geforce 780ti
    I have 2 cpus: Intel Xeon CPU E5-2620@2.00GHZ(6 core procs)
    32 gigs of ram
    win 8.1 pro
    Loki Ironheart
    Loki Firespitter
    Gattica!!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System specs:

Intel i7-5960X CPU
    Corsair H110i GTX Extreme CPU Liquid Cooler
    32GB RAM
    (2) EVGA GTX980Ti Classified ACX 2.0+(SLI)
    850 EVO Pro OS & Game SSD drives
    SeaSonic Platinum Series 1200W PSU
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

The 64-bit client is not running properly with SLI. Card #1 uses 40% and card #2 uses 8-10% idle, aka just standing still. If I take her into combat with NPC's card #1 works it's tail off. There is no balance what so ever and it is causing #1 to run temps of 78 degrees while card #2 is 35 degrees.

I run SLI on the 32-bit live server and even in PVP, heavy combat and hours of playing the load is well balanced between both cards as well as the temps. My cards never go over 68 degrees. Nothing I change in the SLI settings will balance the load.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    People need to realize that ZOS is:

tshirt-skeleton-crew2_lg_thumb-500x500.jpg
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reinstalled Win7x64 ... just for ESO. Now eso64.exe is working but I am extremely disappointed.

FPS is way too low since TG reached on PTS. So I have absolutely no clue if it bring some performance or not.
    Didn't noticed any increase in memory usage after 1h of roaming around different areas. Same 2-3GB usage.
    LOD bug is still present. You play on ultra and most of the textures are low res for a while. It takes 10-15s if not more to update accordingly. Abah's Landing seems to be the hardest to get hit by this bug. It's a shame that tech aspects are ruining such an beautiful game.
    Random loading screens are still there.
    Lag spikes from 350 to 999+.
    Not enough players to do some random delves at least... You need to encourage players to come to PTS.

Maybe my PC isn't top notch but till may 2015 I had absolutely no issues with this LOD bug and neither with random loading screens.
    So we just waited 2 years for nothing!?

I Play on EU.
    Specs FX4100, GTX660, 8gb, 2xhdds
    GPU usage never got higher than 50% on ultra.
    Edited by deleted008293 on February 10, 2016 6:21PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rig specs are listed above in my other post and I am seeing the same issues with Ultra textures as well as very low fps. I generally run over 100 fps but the new TG area I run 10-15 in the city and 25-30 away from the city in the zone.
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows 8.1. Click it, wheel spins, and then nothing.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • SKY9000
    SKY9000
    Nothing happens when I start ESO64.exe

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 14257
    RAM 8GB
    Intel i7
    Edited by SKY9000 on February 10, 2016 9:51PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Add me to the list of "started it and nothing happens" (Win 8.1). The process in Task Manager ended after about 5 seconds.

Volkodav wrote: »
    Excuse me if I ask a silly question, but how do I know if I downloaded the 64 bit client?
    It automatically downloads when you patch. :)
    Well,if it automatically DLed,I have no problem with it.I was in the PTS last night and all's fine.
    @Volkodav It automatically downloads with the patch, but you have to manually start it from the client folder. If you opened PTS from the launcher, you were using the 32-bit client.

I see.I'll have to check it out then.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    •If you used the 64-bit client, did you find it worked ok?

PTS [PC]. Windows 10 Home x64. 1TB HD, 8GB RAM, 2GB dedicated VRAM. 110MB/ps cablemodem, provisioning at 110MB confirmed before starting Launcher.

PTS Launcherx64 does nothing. Tried Run as Adminstrator, still does not load., as confirmed by Task Manager.
    I then tried PTS esox64 with the same non-result. No program start, nothing in Task Manager.
    Third attempt I tried dragging ESOx64 onto Launcherx64. Win 10 x64 tooltip indicates 'start eso64 with Launcher x64' but still no response or action, nothing in Task Manager.
    Fourth attempt start esox64 with Run as Adminstrator. Still no response or Task Manager listing.

•Did you crash while using this client? If so, how often?

No error message or crash since neither Launcherx64 or esox64 will start.

Fortunately Launcher (x86) and PTS eso.exe (x86) still work.

•Did you notice anything peculiar?

Only peculiarity was lack of response, action, or error message.

•Did you run into any issues when using /feedback or /bug?

Could not log in to PTS with x64, so could not test /feedback or /bug.

•Do you have any other general feedback?

Hopefully updated x64 client elements will be available for testing BEFORE Thieves Guild goes live.

The other issue is that the PTS Update with PC x64 took forever to download. Started download Tuesday night. Ran all night but in the AM the Launcher had inexplicably closed. Rebooted and restarted the Launcher. PTS update showed 0%. Clicked Update and byte counter decremented slowly the bit rate stayed blank.

Reconfirmed provisioning. Connected PC directly to Cablemodem to bypass Router. Confirmed throughput direct to cablemodem was 115+ MP/ps down, 15 MB/ps up. PTS client download took from 4 - 5+ hours. NA update took about 3 hours.

Both PTS and NA patches completed without error, other than the aforementioned non-functioning x64 client files.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here with Win10 Pro. Cursor spins for a few seconds, then nothing.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Downloading the latest visual c thingy i could start the 64 bit client.

Honestly i noticed nearly no difference to my 32bit client.

Had no crashes
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Annra wrote: »
    If eso64.exe crashes with error code 0xc000007b, the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) is missing.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

^^ Have you guys tried this yet to see if it fixes the issue?

Yep, installed the Visual 10 C++ Redistributable and that got rid of the error box, but now when trying to launch the 64-bit client, it doen't do anything at all, except the mouse pointer spins for a few seconds :)
  • Conflagrate
    Conflagrate
    Soul Shriven
    Tried launching the 64 client with and without running as admin, also tried changing compatibility modes to windows 8 and 7 but the client just fails to load anything, not even an error. I've also tried the 32bit client and that works flawlessly first time.

My computer specs and OS;

Windows 10 Pro
    i7-5820k
    16GB ram
    GTX 970
  • blackcom90
    blackcom90
    ✭✭✭
    i wasn't able to use it at first, but now i can keep it going for few 30 min or so disabling or setting on low everything on the gpu driver config.