Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good job zos broke overload with today's incremental

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Garwulf wrote: »
    Overload light attack 14k ...good to see it off the table for a while.....

This skill is SO easy to counter(s&b Reflect skill for non-DK classes works magic; also dodging - one roll dodge makes like 3 Overload attacks miss in my experience) its biggest use in PvP literally is that 3rd bar, in my experience. And right now I don't even have that>.<
    You know what else is easy to counter and does the same amount of damage or less? Meteor
    #MOREORBS
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I want to know is what in the patch affected Overload in the first place? The only thing I can maybe see is if it was a Dual Wield issue.

Theres a difference between what wheeler said and what the patch notes said ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a crappy work around. If you spam weapon switch and hit your Ult button you can get it to activate. Not the best solution but it is something.
    Edited by MAOofDC on January 25, 2016 8:30PM
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MAOofDC wrote: »
    Here is a crappy work around. If you spam weapon switch and hit your Ult button you can get it to activate. Not the best solution but it is something.
    Too big of a chance you'll just activate your off bar ult IMO. Unless the solution is to keep it on both bars? lMAO
    :trollin:
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

This skill is SO easy to counter(s&b Reflect skill for non-DK classes works magic; also dodging - one roll dodge makes like 3 Overload attacks miss in my experience) its biggest use in PvP literally is that 3rd bar, in my experience. And right now I don't even have that>.<
    You know what else is easy to counter and does the same amount of damage or less? Meteor

so?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so?
    One costs 200 the other costs 33
    for one cast that does more damage than the initial hit of the other.

Your argument saying it's easily countered doesn't mean anything, it's still stronger than a 200 costing ultimate and it needs to be changed accordingly
    #MOREORBS
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It's an ultimate... it's supposed to do a lot of damage.
    Hm, once again templars are broken.

What does that have to do with overload?
    Nothing, but templar ultimates going against this statement that
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so?

Your argument saying it's easily countered doesn't mean anything, it's still stronger than a 200 costing ultimate and it needs to be changed accordingly

Well, I'd agree with you if sorcs had another class spammable attack, which they don't atm. Give me a spammable skill on par with all other classes spammable attacks, and I'd be happy with overload gone.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    I always marvel at ZOS's ability to break a completely unrelated portion of the game when applying a patch.
    y00bd.jpg

I am so glad I didn't have a mouth full of tea when you posted that.
    Clever. LMAO.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    MAOofDC wrote: »
    Too big of a chance you'll just activate your off bar ult IMO. Unless the solution is to keep it on both bars? lMAO

Well since my scor is currently set up to do Maelstrom Area it just happens to be on both bars. But you're right I didn't think about that.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

so?

Where are you getting 33 from? Snipe does as much damage as overload and it's not even an ult.

When did this turn into an overload debate. The issue here is that it's not working. If you want to discuss whether it's too strong start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on January 25, 2016 8:41PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I legitimately wondered!

Really? Do you think about your questions before posting? Not being mean, I just legitimately wonder. ;)

I do, yes :smile: I don't know how they work and wanted to know so I asked. I'd hoped it would prevent people assuming they throw patches at the game before checking them and lynch the Devs. Also, I have a health condition which makes things hard to phrase sometimes. I never, ever mean to be rude or argumentative. It could be a brain tumour apparently - but hopefully it's something less serious. Probably weird headaches. My neurologist is investigating :# I don't want people assuming I'm horrible or anything. I really do support the game and it's staff :(
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I legitimately wondered!

Really? Do you think about your questions before posting? Not being mean, I just legitimately wonder. ;)

I do, yes :smile: I don't know how they work and wanted to know so I asked. I'd hoped it would prevent people assuming they throw patches at the game before checking them and lynch the Devs. Also, I have a health condition which makes things hard to phrase sometimes. I never, ever mean to be rude or argumentative. It could be a brain tumour apparently - but hopefully it's something less serious. Probably weird headaches. My neurologist is investigating :# I don't want people assuming I'm horrible or anything. I really do support the game and it's staff :(
    Well this got awkward.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

so?

It wasn't his/her argument actually, it was mine=P
    Meteor cannot be dodged now though and it has AoE and CC going for it.
    That aside, Overload does need some tweaking probably(also some bug fixing, it literally gets stuck in a heavy 1/4 of the time for me) but it definitely doesn't need being removed from the game entirely. Especially while it's my main single target damage source as magicka sorc dps.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uuuuuuhhh, quick what's that over there?! *points*

up24.gif~c200
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so?

Where are you getting 33 from? Snipe does as much damage as overload and it's not even an ult.

When did this turn into an overload debate. The issue here is that it's not working. If you want to discuss whether it's too strong start a new thread. This isn't the place for it.

You asked, i answered. What is wrong with you?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so?

My bad 64 my tooltip says, I knew you'd make a comment on it though, either way it's probably the strongest ultimate in game for being as cheap as it is.

I take it you don't know why Snipe is strong, it's actually Focused Aim which is the strong one because you can't mitigate Physical Damage - which is being added in.
    Not sure if you can mitigate the other morph with Hardy
    #MOREORBS
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My khajit sorc is sitting pretty right now.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    1FBWTMN.jpg
    Careful you'll trigger woeler
    #MOREORBS
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man... people sure do take their toys quite seriously :*

• rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Why do these topics always have to be titled in such a dramatic and accusative way?

"Good job ZOS", seriously, how old are we? 12?

Pretty sure it will get fixed before tomorrow IF this is something everyone experiences.

Basically it seems lately that there are more and more broken mechanics/bugs added than there are ones that are fixed. I'm sure OP meant a little sass, but honestly this is reoccurring happening and it does get frustrating.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone taking bets how long it will stay broken?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade testing completed.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    1FBWTMN.jpg

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Combat & Gameplay
    Sorcerer
    - We had numerous reports of overload getting stuck in heavy attack so we turned it off altogether, please stay tuned for more sorcerer changes like the one we have planned for next incremental that turns all sorcerers into trees.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine, I guess I will work on VMA with my NB this week :smile: . Seriously though, the tone of the OP is uncalled for. These forums sometimes sound like the whining of a bunch of 5 year olds. Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno for the quick response.

Good life lesson: If you feel the need to lash out and complain about something in writing, draft it and sit on it for 24 hours. You will be surprised how much better things tend to work out.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I know - what's ruining the immersion of ESO for me isn't Zenimax or bugs. It's those whiners on this forum that keep whining, mocking and moaning and playing this game in Tamriel with me. Fortunately, the spoiled brats are vocal minority.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine, I guess I will work on VMA with my NB this week :smile: . Seriously though, the tone of the OP is uncalled for. These forums sometimes sound like the whining of a bunch of 5 year olds. Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno for the quick response.

Good life lesson: If you feel the need to lash out and complain about something in writing, draft it and sit on it for 24 hours. You will be surprised how much better things tend to work out.

ZOS has worked hard over the past two years to get salty reactions by people trying to enjoy their game while they´re doing their best to deny that.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    One thing I know - what's ruining the immersion of ESO for me isn't Zenimax or bugs. It's those whiners on this forum that keep whining, mocking and moaning and playing this game in Tamriel with me. Fortunately, the spoiled brats are vocal minority.

*holds mirror up to poster*

Also if it's immersion you want, maybe being on the website isn't the best idea
    Edited by Hamrb on January 25, 2016 9:18PM
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    C'mon guys...I like to consider myself tolerant but outright breaking an ability by accident is getting a bit silly...
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe