Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What will be the next FoTM skill for PvP

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
after the eventual nerfs to Steel Tornado, Proxy Det, Wrecking Blow, and (possibly) Ambush? Back to Snipe and Impulse? Something else?
Edited by tinythinker on December 31, 2015 5:52AM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood alter
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood alter

:+1:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guard and flurry
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever Telel has been using since early access.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pchela wrote: »
    Guard and flurry

You might not be far off the mark. I've seen flurry making an appearance lately!
    I'll go with Volley. Come on, it's not so bad.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seige
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radial sweep
    #MOREORBS
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLAME LASH, @ZOS PLS

265062f57593d0b124cdbde56ff18aac965939c720db205b50e05898f62a1814.jpg
    Edited by BuggeX on December 31, 2015 7:23AM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • ScarecrowBoat
    ScarecrowBoat
    ✭✭✭
    /camp
    FANTASIAAAAAAAAAA
    GM of SBH
    Member of Zerona's Fan Boy Club
    How do i get out of cyrodiil
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't nerf Wrecking Blow, it will nerf you back twice as hard.

Seriously tho I want that horrible spam to win thing out of the game.

Siege apparently, yes.
    PC EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    After Tornado nerf Bombard spam will be the new thingie to go, a blind fish can see that it is going to happen
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    After Tornado nerf Bombard spam will be the new thingie to go, a blind fish can see that it is going to happen

Glad im not the only one seeing this pattern.
    Considering Wrobel's response on the AoE caps thread about making range abilities more effective combined with Steelnado nerf, Bombard spam will be the fotm.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

Considering Wrobel's response on the AoE caps thread about making range abilities more effective combined with Steelnado nerf, Bombard spam will be the fotm.

I told ppl 3 Months ago that when Tornado gets nerf Bombard spam will get alive bc it is very powerful, most ppl are just too *** to see how much dmg it does + root.

But as people like to treat SYMPTOMS, they do not rly care what is next, they just want Tornado nerfed NOW, when the next things hits, then they will QQ again, then again and again and again :D<3
    Edited by Alcast on December 31, 2015 11:10AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Baobab_Theoldtree
    Baobab_Theoldtree
    ✭✭✭
    Agony and Savage Feeding :D
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Physical morph of Volley and Bombard. If the range on Steel Tornado is a major nerf , I might switch to Whirling Blades.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweep. Then ZOS will nerf it only to realise that high damage was procced by CP bugged damage modifier, but nerf won't be reverted coz reasons.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I predict the nerf to Tornado somehow reverts Unstable Wall of Elements to it's former glory.

Life is cyclical.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming siege changes and the ridiculously OP oil catapults hitting for 5k stamina per hit, the new meta will most certainly not be impulse, WoE, or anything magicka related. Quite simply, only stamina builds will be able to do anything with those oil catapults flying around. Most magicka builds run 10k or 15k stamina, do the math. One or two oil catapult hits, a CC, and you're done. Next templar nerf: "reduced the damage of blazing spears because why not :trollface:, and reduced the amount of stamina the synergy returns so people die in unbreakable CCs like they're supposed to"

Hard to say what the new physical aoe will end up being without more deets from wrobel. Steel tornado may still be the way to go simply because of the execute, but he also said people complained about conal attacks doing less damage than circle aoe attacks and how that didn't make sense, so who knows... we may see cleave actually be useful.

If I'm being perfectly honest, with the siege changes as they are on paper, I see many people switching to super tanky builds so they can make use of some of the more overpowered incoming siege changes. Why bother with bombard or steel tornado when you can go full tank and sit on an oil catapult all day? GG.
    Edited by Zheg on December 31, 2015 2:03PM
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    I think that when ZOS nerfs WB they'll realize just how good instant cast dps abilities are, then people will complain until they are nerfed, and then the powerful channel abilities will reign supreme once more. Eventually they will just put in an identical dps skill for all classes, and change the texture for it (flame sword for dk, lightning sword for sorc, shadow mace for NB, gold javelin for temps).
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wall of elements might get a buff.. also favoring health recovery over total reliance on heals might become a thing with the changes to siege.
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agony.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potato farming
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And guess what khajiit has been using for the last thirteen months?

Fortunately not only does Bombard require some minor skill to work it's also a stamina hog. If they don't adjust the vertical allowance, and targeting responsiveness then the average spingit is likely to blast through their entire stamina bar without hitting much.

This one thinks that'd be immensely amusing.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    I predict the nerf to Tornado somehow reverts Unstable Wall of Elements to it's former glory.

Life is cyclical.

Technology is cyclical, Liz
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Life is cyclical.

Technology is cyclical, Liz

Does he know you’re the Beeper King?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Seige

This
    EU | PC
  • PosternHouse
    PosternHouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll make a prediction here. The new group tactic will be caltrops, bombard, and close range siege. Well defended inner keeps will become nigh impossible to capture unless one has overwhelming numbers. Magicka NB's fear spamming and streaking magicka sorcs will become more necessary than ever, since they can stop groups with retreating maneuvers from outflanking your siege. The star player in large scale PvP will be siege, with groups organizing themselves to outmaneuver siege and bring their own siege to bear.

Because of how difficult inner keep defenses will become, since defenders can monopolize siege placement, primetime will become even more of a slog than it is now. The defenders already use meatbags and oil pots, combined with well-timed bombs, to have significant advantages over the attackers. Siege becoming stronger and gaining unpurgable secondary effects means the advantage goes to the defender two fold. Map control will become about who can capture most of the map earliest (i.e. nightcapping or day capping undefended keeps) and stack their faction to defend the most strategic keeps.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler, please reconsider the change to siege if it is not too late. We want to use our abilities in PvP, not point and click siege turrets. I understand large, balled up groups hurt server performance. Please give groups ways to fight those balls that involve using our skills, not placing something and clicking it.
    Edited by PosternHouse on December 31, 2015 4:00PM
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll make a prediction here. The new group tactic will be caltrops, bombard, and close range siege. Well defended inner keeps will become nigh impossible to capture unless one has overwhelming numbers. Magicka NB's fear spamming and streaking magicka sorcs will become more necessary than ever, since they can stop groups with retreating maneuvers from outflanking your siege. The star player in large scale PvP will be siege, with groups organizing themselves to outmaneuver siege and bring their own siege to bear.

Because of how difficult inner keep defenses will become, since defenders can monopolize siege placement, primetime will become even more of a slog than it is now. The defenders already use meatbags and oil pots, combined with well-timed bombs, to have significant advantages over the attackers. Siege becoming stronger and gaining unpurgable secondary effects means the advantage goes to the defender two fold. Map control will become about who can capture most of the map earliest (i.e. nightcapping or day capping undefended keeps) and stack their faction to defend the most strategic keeps.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler, please reconsider the change to siege if it is not too late. We want to use our abilities in PvP, not point and click siege turrets. I understand large, balled up groups hurt server performance. Please give groups ways to fight those balls that involve using our skills, not placing something and clicking it.

It's going to end up playing out like almost all of ZOS's changes - they do something stupid or bugged and then fix it 6 months later. We're going to have a dumb siege meta for at least a few months, I'm not optimistic additional feedback or warnings at this point are going to change his mind. He's already bent on the meatbag feedback it looks like, but nadda on oil catapults, and honestly everyone is going to end up running pretty much just those once they realize how OP they will be compared to everything else.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been spamming bombard for almost 2 years. Glad to hear I'll finally be on-trend.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

It's going to end up playing out like almost all of ZOS's changes - they do something stupid or bugged and then fix it 6 months later. We're going to have a dumb siege meta for at least a few months, I'm not optimistic additional feedback or warnings at this point are going to change his mind. He's already bent on the meatbag feedback it looks like, but nadda on oil catapults, and honestly everyone is going to end up running pretty much just those once they realize how OP they will be compared to everything else.

It's not going to be a dumb siege meta. It is going to be the era where large groups finally have a counter to balling up. About god freaking time.

And stop assuming that the siege changes are already confirmed and going live. The siege changes were proposed and are going to go into PTS for a few months before going live. In the meantime, Brian Wheeler started a thread to hear different opinions and will adjust accordingly.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 31, 2015 4:33PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug