The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Magelight? Check! Ummm now what?

TerraHawk
TerraHawk
✭✭
After reading the forums, I was convinced that with all of the NBs raging about how Cloak was instantly and effectively countered by Radiant Magelight, I would have to try it. After all, it only cost me 4,000 magica to counter one of the hundred or so skills in the game. Seems fair.
The reality is that before trying Radiant Magelight, I had a chance against every other class in the game. 95% of the players ganking me in IC were NBs so it was worth a shot. What I found was:

1) The reduction in stealth damage is really, really nice. I actually have an opportunity to push a few buttons before I die and mentally, that is much easier to take than just freezing and then falling over dead with no possible way to do anything.

2) The Detection Radius is Nonexistent!!!
Do you wonder why no official detection radius is listed (that I can find)? I was in stealth and saw a NB stealth and creep down a hallway towards me. It was a perfect opportunity to test the detection range. When he appeared, he was only 2-3 meters away. Two days ago, I was near a keep and came across a stealthed player that was obviously AFK. By walking back and forth, I was able to verify that the detection distance is truly laughable.
What is the detection range without Radiant Magelight? Not much different. There seems to be a slight variation depending on if I and/or the NB are moving. Still, the best I have seen is about 4 meters. How many NB attacks work from farther than that?

3) Cloak still works within the detection range of Radiant Magelight.
As a NB, all you have to do is pop Cloak and dodge roll (or sprint) out of its microscopic detection range. The Radiant Magelight does not keep you from disappearing, it will just reveal you after some period of time. Just be gone before that time elapses.

I don't want to nerf Cloak. I do want my counter to it to be effective. Radiant Magelight needs a detection radius of 12 meters or more. For comparison, a detection pot has a radius of 20 meters. I don't think I should be able to be hit with an AOE (Steel Tornado) at three times my detection radius.
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    TerraHawk wrote: »
    After reading the forums, I was convinced that with all of the NBs raging about how Cloak was instantly and effectively countered by Radiant Magelight, I would have to try it. After all, it only cost me 4,000 magica to counter one of the hundred or so skills in the game. Seems fair.
    The reality is that before trying Radiant Magelight, I had a chance against every other class in the game. 95% of the players ganking me in IC were NBs so it was worth a shot. What I found was:

1) The reduction in stealth damage is really, really nice. I actually have an opportunity to push a few buttons before I die and mentally, that is much easier to take than just freezing and then falling over dead with no possible way to do anything.

Do you wonder why no official detection radius is listed (that I can find)? I was in stealth and saw a NB stealth and creep down a hallway towards me. It was a perfect opportunity to test the detection range. When he appeared, he was only 2-3 meters away. Two days ago, I was near a keep and came across a stealthed player that was obviously AFK. By walking back and forth, I was able to verify that the detection distance is truly laughable.
    What is the detection range without Radiant Magelight? Not much different. There seems to be a slight variation depending on if I and/or the NB are moving. Still, the best I have seen is about 4 meters. How many NB attacks work from farther than that?

As a NB, all you have to do is pop Cloak and dodge roll (or sprint) out of its microscopic detection range. The Radiant Magelight does not keep you from disappearing, it will just reveal you after some period of time. Just be gone before that time elapses.

I don't want to nerf Cloak. I do want my counter to it to be effective. Radiant Magelight needs a detection radius of 12 meters or more. For comparison, a detection pot has a radius of 20 meters. I don't think I should be able to be hit with an AOE (Steel Tornado) at three times my detection radius.

Your problem.... Radiant Magelight isnt JUST detection. its a 50% damage reduce from stealth AOE ontop of it. Expecting too much from one ability to be balanaced i think. It can be used to find the offender if used correctly which is all it should do. Not pretty much make u immune to stealth damage and detect an entire hallway or entry way while being a toggle etc. If that were the case then the dmg reduce would have to go down to balance it out. Which is your call... Personally i think the dmg reduce would be the most appealing part about it.

(Edit) you also cant sprint etc while under cloak. So thats not an viable situation. If they were to use a sprint ability then cloak well that is tactics and requires 2 skill slots and double in costs etc.
    Edited by Jumper45 on October 30, 2015 9:18PM
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • TerraHawk
    TerraHawk
    ✭✭

I believe that there is no other skill in the game that costs as much as this skill. Is there any other skill in the game that has an opportunity cost of 10% of a resource pool? Anyone? Because it costs the most, I should expect the most out of it.

I will make NBs a deal, putting Cloak on your bar will cost you 10% of your stamina. But, since I am such a nice guy, I will throw in an increase in cloaked speed. Lets say 3% increase from 3 m/sec to 3.09 m/sec. Sounds fair? That's crazy. If your Cloak cost you 10% of your stamina, you would want (and rightly so) at least a double in cloaked speed. You would want something substantial for your sacrifice.

==================================================================================================
    Your problem.... Radiant Magelight isnt JUST detection. its a 50% damage reduce from stealth AOE ontop of it. Expecting too much from one ability to be balanaced i think. It can be used to find the offender if used correctly which is all it should do. Not pretty much make u immune to stealth damage and detect an entire hallway or entry way while being a toggle etc. If that were the case then the dmg reduce would have to go down to balance it out. Which is your call... Personally i think the dmg reduce would be the most appealing part about it.

(Edit) you also cant sprint etc while under cloak. So thats not an viable situation. If they were to use a sprint ability then cloak well that is tactics and requires 2 skill slots and double in costs etc.
    =================================================================================================
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other thing to consider is that if anyone in the party has the magelight (morphed and maxed) then the whole party gets the benefits.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that there is no other skill in the game that costs as much as this skill. Is there any other skill in the game that has an opportunity cost of 10% of a resource pool? Anyone? Because it costs the most, I should expect the most out of it.

+ 2 skill slots. The detect on it is crap, it's always been crap, absolutely waste of 2slots for anything other than stealth damage reduction.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • TerraHawk
    TerraHawk
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    The other thing to consider is that if anyone in the party has the magelight (morphed and maxed) then the whole party gets the benefits.

That is an excellent point and why you should probably get a stamina DK to run it in your group.

For somebody like me who likes to solo PvP, there isn't a lot of choice.

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% ? Wtf are you getting those figures from, it stops 5% of your total max from filling up, and if you unlock the passives that's gets reduced to 3%.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

+ 2 skill slots. The detect on it is crap, it's always been crap, absolutely waste of 2slots for anything other than stealth damage reduction.

Yeah, also not possible to make a well-rounded PvP build with only 8 skill slots. You just cant. Need to carry counters against way more things than sneak attacks in PvP, as well as self-heals, cc, buffs and other defensive moves.

Why you never see video creators, streamers, theory craters or anyone that's into PvP, use toggles such as Radiant Magelight. Being killed by a sneak attack now and again is way less frustrating than not having tools when doing proper 1v1 or 1vX.

Magicka builds also need Inner Light for PvE, it's mandatory, so cant run RM (unless enough money and time to change morphs several times a day). ZoS should know that by now so it's beyond me why they're not tweaking another skill into giving stealth dmg reduction + tiny amount of sneak detection.
  • DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't just hate on RML :(

RML is a really good skill, a skill that is one of the cornerstones of my build (Stealth Hunter). It has a detection range of 10m (Vigor range), as well as a 56% damage reduction against stealthed attacks. This allows me to wander Cyrodiil as a vampire with absolutely no fear of Camo Hunter, as even the most infamous snipers cannot take more then 14k of my health in a single salvo. This gives me the 1.5 seconds I need to fight back. Pair RML with a gap closer, and you can ensure stealthers never escape your search.

I have tried time and time again to make a build without RML incorporated into the bars, but every time I do that, I almost always regret it within 10 minutes. The skill has pretty much been a staple of my build since I first slotted it 8 months ago. Sure, I give up some staying power against non-stealthers in open combat, but considering the huge % of stealthers (NB are not the only class that can use stealth) present in Cyrodiil, I'd say the use of RML is well worth the slot investment.

In addition, RML does not reduce the maximum magicka value used by the game engine to calculate damage. All it does is that it prevents your maximum magicka from completely filling to 100%

If you want proof how effective RML is, ask @Master_Kas :)
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Mage's Guild passive that makes slotting a MG skill increase your Max Magicka counters the reduction somewhat. As has been said. The fact that it grants you +10% crit chance is not inconsiderable. Granting a HUGE damage reduction and immunity vs stealth stun to yourself and nearby allies is absolutely amazing in a focused group (or solo, for that matter.)

If RM were to also have a large range, it would be absolutely OP. The privilege here. Sheesh. I say this as a Templar who runs RM and loves it. I feel that lag and/or latency issues from enemies advancing from ~10m into melee (5-7m) range is what might vex some. But hey, we all deal with those issues in ESO. Doesn't make the skill bad
    It's great exactly how it is. Probably one of the most balanced skills in the game.

The psychological mind**** of being attacked when unprepared is the real issue here, and that has been an issue with every competitive game that allows it. Players generally hate it unless they are the ones doing it. Nevermind that ESO is one of the only ones that provides real options to counter the effects of such attacks.

To put it more succintly:

Virtues:
    +Half stealth attack damage to your GROUP.
    +Crit Chance.
    +No surprise stun from invis enemies (huge)

Drawbacks:
    -3% Max Magicka (total, not the value that determines Spell Power.)
    "Only" a ~10m range of stealth detection.

And to further illustrate why RM is great as-is: Imagine that you could see ANY stealther within the range that they could possibly hurt you in any real fashion, and if they DID, that damage would be reduced by over half for you and anyone near you. AND the same skill also increased your damage.

Please don't call attention to RM. If NBs weren't in such a good place right now, I would be afraid that this attention would only cause a nerf to the skill.

And if anything, buffing RM would just make it that much harder for any other class to make stealth builds. Temps aren't the only healers. DKs aren't the only tanks. Sorcs aren't the only caster types. Why try to make NBs even MORE the only stealth types than they already are? By increasing RM's radius, that would even further prohibit non-NBs from ever building for stealth in PvP.

Additionally: Yes, the extra two skill slots makes it impossible to plan against EVERY possible attacker. That's how it SHOULD be. The reason ESO has a deck-building sort of active skill setup is because everyone should have a weakness. If everyone could counter everything, how interesting would PvP be? At least it's a LITTLE dynamic now.
    Edited by Speely on October 31, 2015 2:25AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RML is a fantastic anti-stealth ability. If you are having to be right in front of a stealthed player for it to work, it must be the game bugging(which has happened to me before) but most of the time it has a decent radius. Even if the radius sucks, you get a 56% reduction in taken stealth damage, as do nearby allies. That is ALOT of damage reduction. Most players that build for that kind of gameplay have low survivablility, so if you can render that playstyle useless against you, most stealthers will not be able to touch you.

this ability can render cloak utterly useless, and potentially do the same to a stealthed based player. If stealth based NBs are your issue, and you have a slot open on both bars and the mana for it, you need to use RML. It is a must have.
    Edited by Cody on October 31, 2015 2:47AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For one bars for using the power that's the first step in the right direction but the range is good at 10m you have to take the medium armor stealth detection reduction into account.

Test it on a friend in light or heavy armor.

Little tip Gap closing on them the light will pop my cloak and force land the attack.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    you never see video creators, streamers, theory craters or anyone that's into PvP, use toggles such as Radiant Magelight. Being killed by a sneak attack now and again is way less frustrating than not having tools when doing proper 1v1 or 1vX.

I don't do 1v anything, so I always want radiant somewhere in my group.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

Yeah, also not possible to make a well-rounded PvP build with only 8 skill slots. You just cant. Need to carry counters against way more things than sneak attacks in PvP, as well as self-heals, cc, buffs and other defensive moves.

Why you never see video creators, streamers, theory craters or anyone that's into PvP, use toggles such as Radiant Magelight. Being killed by a sneak attack now and again is way less frustrating than not having tools when doing proper 1v1 or 1vX.

Magicka builds also need Inner Light for PvE, it's mandatory, so cant run RM (unless enough money and time to change morphs several times a day). ZoS should know that by now so it's beyond me why they're not tweaking another skill into giving stealth dmg reduction + tiny amount of sneak detection.

" proper 1v1 or 1vX"a strange thing to see coming from you; RML would easily solve the cloak issue you seem to be having.
  • Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget th r 10% spell crit and the mag regen from mage guild passive! Lol
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeanTheCat wrote: »

RML is a really good skill, a skill that is one of the cornerstones of my build (Stealth Hunter). It has a detection range of 10m (Vigor range),

10m if they have no stealth detect reduction. I have sat in the middle of the mile gate corridor with mage light, watched a guy stealth in front of me then a few second later he was behind the gate attacking someone. It wasn't even enough detection to cover half the width of the gate corridor.

I never slotted it again after that, if it can't even handle that it's worthless, actually it's worse than worthless @ 2 slots. The only good use of it is damage reduction if you don't use a magicka PvE build.
    Edited by Armitas on October 31, 2015 11:09AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reeko wrote: »
    Don't forget th r 10% spell crit and the mag regen from mage guild passive! Lol

You only get 10% crit if you aren't using a spell pot.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aaannnddd here come the nb to defend an anti cloak mechanic. RML is absolute shite for combating a cloaker.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I used to run RML in Cyro for a long time but honestly it's pretty crap. If you could have it only on one bar and have it keep active it'd be worth it but currently I run without. My biggest issue with it is that the detection isn't continuous but pulses maybe every 0.5 seconds. This is too long - you can run outside the range with a fast character if you time it right. Or maybe it's just an issue with my ping, dunno.
  • CFEGreatIKillU
    i see no problems with it. i dont run it on 2 bars either. As a sorc i use my overload bar to be my stealth hunter which works perfectly in my opinion. Just gotta have your wits about you. Be observant. Also realizing its usually the same people going to the same places 90% of the time helps you be prepared.
    E.B. Pact
    C.F.E. GreatiKillU - Dark Elf.( Sorcerer) VR 16 max lvl Crafting, blacksmith, woodworking, provisioning, Enchanting. (Scourge)
    C.F.E. Killa - Imperial ( Templar) VR 1| Max lvl Enchanter (Haderus)

Xbox NA EB Only
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RML is a really good skill, a skill that is one of the cornerstones of my build (Stealth Hunter). It has a detection range of 10m (Vigor range),

10m if they have no stealth detect reduction. I have sat in the middle of the mile gate corridor with mage light, watched a guy stealth in front of me then a few second later he was behind the gate attacking someone. It wasn't even enough detection to cover half the width of the gate corridor.

I never slotted it again after that, if it can't even handle that it's worthless, actually it's worse than worthless @ 2 slots. The only good use of it is damage reduction if you don't use a magicka PvE build.

strange, usually works better than that for me.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

strange, usually works better than that for me.

It's entirely dependent on their stealth detection reduction as to whether or not it's effective.
    Edited by Armitas on October 31, 2015 4:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Jumper45
    Jumper45
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Aaannnddd here come the nb to defend an anti cloak mechanic. RML is absolute shite for combating a cloaker.

@jhharvest

Not all of us are Night Blades lmao. No one told you to slot it on 2 bars. You only need to for stealth fights so if you need it on both bars for 1 fight that is more of a personal decision. You can run around with it just on your main bar during combat for ambushers. The only reason you would need it on 2 bars in pvp is because you need your entire 2 bars to complete a pvp fight which also sounds like a personal decision of tactics. I only run with it on 1 bar on my templar and it works just fine.

That being said. There is no reason to make it a 100% Hard Counter. Even the tooltip doesnt even suggest a 100% counter as its just takes half damage taken etc. So Common sense says it will counter MOST of the situation not ALL of it. Nor would you ever see an ability that 100% counters a situation from every angle. What youre looking for is a 100% counter. Standing in a hallway completely blocking it and ALWAYS being able to catch a stealther when its on. Which should not be the case. Not to mention the visual tells the Stealther to not be near you. That is simple enough to understand. So the reason it might seem like it doesnt work that well in your favor is because the stealther KNOWS to get away from you.

Its sooooooooo stupid for people to QQ about not always being able to catch a stealther when its on but they wear stealther repellent.... You dont wear bug spray then QQ about bugs staying away from you do you? Common Sense would tell me no.....

P.S. When I have it slotted on my templar healer and find one and chase it they run and I never see them again. Tell me ONE ability that would cause a build to react that way other then a stealther and RML. Thats how you know not to question its ability to hard counter.
    “All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager!
    Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man whose gonna burn your house down - with the lemons!” (Portal 2)

17 Years MMORPG Experience healing and I still havn't figured out why people stand in red circles.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jumper45 wrote: »

@jhharvest

Not all of us are Night Blades lmao. No one told you to slot it on 2 bars. You only need to for stealth fights so if you need it on both bars for 1 fight that is more of a personal decision. You can run around with it just on your main bar during combat for ambushers. The only reason you would need it on 2 bars in pvp is because you need your entire 2 bars to complete a pvp fight which also sounds like a personal decision of tactics. I only run with it on 1 bar on my templar and it works just fine.

Choosing to put mage light on both bars isn't really a tactical decision, it's an obvious and necessary one not just for PvP but PvE as well. No ones looking for a 100% counter, they just want the skill to be effective. Not being able to see something a few meters in front of you, such as the gate corridor, with stealth detect is not effective.
    Edited by Armitas on November 2, 2015 3:31PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A few tips you shouldn't need a power like Mage light in PvE, stealth detection reductions are present and must be taken into account why double slot it set your bars in to survive with that bar alone. I can stay on one bar the whole fight if I needed to defense, heals, debuffs and buffs needed for that bar is on that bar. Some power do two things like buff and heal.

You can re-toggle the power it's really not hard I fight with Piercings Mark on my bar but switch it out for RML to ride my horse 56% reduction to stealth and just keep closing its not hard I do this every day stop being lazy.

For the King of Argonia
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jhharvest

Choosing to put mage light on both bars isn't really a tactical decision, it's an obvious and necessary one not just for PvP but PvE as well. No ones looking for a 100% counter, they just want the skill to be effective. Not being able to see something a few meters in front of you, such as the gate corridor, with stealth detect is not effective.

Full medium cuts that area of detection in half I don't remember which one but a set drops the area by another 2m and the race bonus it's easy with just full medium and the right right to have a 2m detection range.

For the King of Argonia
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, after reading your post I was certain it would turn into a nerf cloak thread. I was happily surprised! I do agree with you that the detection radius needs to go up a tad, as it is very easy to reduce detection range.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    I used to run RML in Cyro for a long time but honestly it's pretty crap. If you could have it only on one bar and have it keep active it'd be worth it but currently I run without. My biggest issue with it is that the detection isn't continuous but pulses maybe every 0.5 seconds. This is too long - you can run outside the range with a fast character if you time it right. Or maybe it's just an issue with my ping, dunno.

That's what i've noticed personally. Sometimes RML will keep them out of cloak, other times they are invisible long enough to get out of its range. From testing it does have a 12m radius (tested with the vampire drain skill with the same range). That range was taken with a khajiit with 3/3 in stealthy.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@jhharvest

Full medium cuts that area of detection in half I don't remember which one but a set drops the area by another 2m and the race bonus it's easy with just full medium and the right right to have a 2m detection range.

Well that explains a lot, 2 freaking meters. Absolutely useless for stealth detection.

A few tips you shouldn't need a power like Mage light in PvE, stealth detection reductions are present and must be taken into account why double slot it set your bars in to survive with that bar alone. I can stay on one bar the whole fight if I needed to defense, heals, debuffs and buffs needed for that bar is on that bar. Some power do two things like buff and heal.

You can re-toggle the power it's really not hard I fight with Piercings Mark on my bar but switch it out for RML to ride my horse 56% reduction to stealth and just keep closing its not hard I do this every day stop being lazy.

I have yet to see a magicka DPS build that does not incorporate mage light, shoot dks use magelight and inferno..on both bars! Most people have an offense and defense bar, anyone can switch to their defense bar and only defend and so not have to keep retoggling it, however most people have to attack and defend simultaneously. That is why they have to put it on both bars. If they stealth and you are not on your magelight bar, they will be gone by the time you hotswap and try to toggle it back on. That is why it is a waste of stealth detection on only 1 bar.

You are using it for the damage reduction. You can't equivocate between detect and reduction to say it's ok to put it on one bar. This whole thread is about the stealth detect, not the reduction, the op praises the reduction.
    Edited by Armitas on November 2, 2015 3:54PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RML needs a duration so it can be slotted on only one bar. The cost should be relative to the duration so maintaining it is possible let but is still a slight drain. Inner Light can remain a toggle.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Magelight? Check! Ummm now what?

Step 1: Reset Morphs
    Step 2: Take Inner Light