Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have an European Thornblade (EU) topic?

• DeanTheCat
    DeanTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm hoping for is some fights around the clock, as my timezone doesn't really lend itself to playing at EU prime time (It's 2-3am for me :'( ).

I'll be there waiting for you guys to show up in the morning(Relative to EU), else I'll be reduced to swiss-cheesing keeps for fun. Had enough of that for the past 2-3 weeks, and I rather not have to keep doing it.
    Edited by DeanTheCat on September 22, 2015 8:21AM
    Dean the Cat
    Somewhat Insane Puddicat
    EU-PC Megaserver; Ebonheart Pact, Alliance Rank 34
    This one hails from far Singapore, excuse this one for his high pings. He also apologizes for any formatting/spelling errors, as he tends to answer using a mobile device.

Insanity is the price of Knowledge. Herma-Mora and Sheogorath, this one bows before thee.

This one does not advocate for any class to be nerfed. There are far deeper underlying issues then a simple "Class Imbalance". The Champion System is the problem. Not classes.

Please read this before creating yet another nerf thread.

My guides:
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Right now most WJ groups are from 12-24 depending on the time of day. I think you would get more small gang before peak times.

We're only really hitting the 40's on our guild raid/meeting nights when everyone comes online for that once a week gathering.

We've also recruited a lot more small gang and solo PvP players over the last months who tend to make little groups. I've also tried what I can to get the EP to lay off night capping in hopes it makes for a better campaign for everyone.

No promises on any of that though I'm afraid. :confused:
    For me and my guildies, 12-24 is a guild raid, not small scale. 40 people is just.... nonsense in our books ^^
    But play as you will, as long as we find groups of 8-10 or less we should be happy
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Right now most WJ groups are from 12-24 depending on the time of day. I think you would get more small gang before peak times.

We're only really hitting the 40's on our guild raid/meeting nights when everyone comes online for that once a week gathering.

We've also recruited a lot more small gang and solo PvP players over the last months who tend to make little groups. I've also tried what I can to get the EP to lay off night capping in hopes it makes for a better campaign for everyone.

For me and my guildies, 12-24 is a guild raid, not small scale. 40 people is just.... nonsense in our books ^^
    But play as you will, as long as we find groups of 8-10 or less we should be happy

Aye, that's why I said more small scale before peak times.

At those times we have most of the guild who are active looking for PvP and wanting to group up. Many of the guild also look for large PvP battles as ESO advertised to offer, smaller groups may form but for keep/siege warfare we want an actual war like all those trailers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wabbajack will test Axe for the first week, if it doesn't give any PvP or becomes one sided for EP we'll probably move to Trueflame.

Won't be there other than the odd one off raids until after azura ends depending on how things go with the campaign
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on September 22, 2015 9:04AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Crogster
    Crogster
    ✭✭✭
    I have announced today that EDC will be trying out the New campaign as I strongly believe this is how the campaigns should be. We will be joining once the current Azura campaign has ended.
    Phoenix Templar
    V16 Sorc
    EDC - Guild Leader/ Founder(30/3/14) , SWAT, DEI Alliance
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Crogster. What's the ending time on AS?
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Crogster. What's the ending time on AS?

8 Days 14 Hours.
    :]
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may look into Axe then, too.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aye, that's why I said more small scale before peak times.

At those times we have most of the guild who are active looking for PvP and wanting to group up. Many of the guild also look for large PvP battles as ESO advertised to offer, smaller groups may form but for keep/siege warfare we want an actual war like all those trailers.

Lol
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

Is this eXile from WARhammer? :)
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erondil wrote: »
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    So basically nothing changed!
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

Is this eXile from WARhammer? :)

Uhm possibly, we was multi gaming back then and a division leader had the reigns, but nothing to do with me as i was leading AoC.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    Basically not. Players from your guild are so bad when they're less than 10 though, I had fun trolling them when I was alone. I mean no offence, but 8v1 still one spamming encase onesteel tornado, one healing springs... its just laughable.
    Edited by Erondil on September 22, 2015 9:20PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    Basically not. Players from your guild are so bad when they're less than 10 though, I had fun trolling them when I was alone. I mean no offence, but 8v1 still one spamming encase onesteel tornado, one healing springs... its just laughable.

b b b b b b b b buuuuuuuuuuurned
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Pretty sure we have to care to be burnt.

We're not the ones who left the campaign and cried on the forums after thinking it was a smart idea to take a small group into the middle of a 40vs40 battle.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

We're not the ones who left the campaign and cried on the forums after thinking it was a smart idea to take a small group into the middle of a 40vs40 battle.

Well, when the 40 man zerg has no situational awareness, and the small group knows what it's doing, it actually is a good idea
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Well, when the 40 man zerg has no situational awareness, and the small group knows what it's doing, it actually is a good idea
    Talk about self burn...
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Also I'm guessing you are talking about BSquad as it's been a while since I actually picked a campaign and stayed there
    Edited by Etaniel on September 23, 2015 8:55AM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Have to point out a wee inconsistency here:P

#banter

If you did not care to be burnt or w/e

Then why post?:P

Not only did ya post to the dude, but then justified it by commenting on what he allegedly did?

Seems like ya care to me imo
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Wouldn't be a good thread if no one posted now would it :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We only really get a 40 man raid up once a week really, most of us love small scale".

Proceeds to play in a 40 man zerg daily and pretends it is fine and dandy they lag everything out.

GG.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    New campaign :
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg
    zerg

Wouldn't be a good thread if no one posted now would it :p

Hehe aye, true story.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you consider caring, care about insults and such not really. I laugh and smile and am grinning at my stupidity as I did kind of walk into that one.

Care enough to post? Sure, I want to have a back and forth, some forums PvP and engagement with the community that I enjoy sparing with.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends what you consider caring, care about insults and such not really. I laugh and smile and am grinning at my stupidity as I did kind of walk into that one.

Care enough to post? Sure, I want to have a back and forth, some forums PvP and engagement with the community that I enjoy sparing with.

Lol fair enough man, and yeah you did walk into it, as previously disclaimed, it was a banter sarcastic post of mine:P

I do vaguely remember you when I was in Wabba last year though.

Forum PvP is good too if its banter and not evil shizzle.

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    "We only really get a 40 man raid up once a week really, most of us love small scale".

Proceeds to play in a 40 man zerg daily and pretends it is fine and dandy they lag everything out.

GG.

What made me laugh the most is when he said "Just try not to kill the campaign." on the axe of belharza thread :D

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly swear WJ did our best not to kill the campaign with capping.

We stopped after Emperor keeps, we didn't night-cap as we legitimately do want constant 24/7 PvP again. Sadly we don't control the entire Pact and other guilds and randoms kept pushing.

The problem is I think we are one of the few guild still around looking for large scale skirmishes as well as small gang, most of our enemies (as shown in this thread) want small gang up to 12v12 to show their skill as individual players.

We could make small 12 man groups, we have some great 1vX players in the guild. However what are the other 30 members online in the guild meant to do then, and the ones who are not great 1vX players and join the larger raids as they contribute more and enjoy the social aspects of it.

I've seen Bannana Squad wreck entire 30 player groups with their small ones, they are good players with skill and coordination. However every time they do lose it "lag blah blah" "zerg blah blah". I guarantee if they had wiped both the EP and DC 40man raids last night we would see massive epeening about it rather than complaints.

The battles with DC last night were fantastic, we wipe them, they wiped us, they stole keeps, we stole keeps. It felt back like the old days of large battles and crazy clashes without the crippling lag. Sadly it doesn't last.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What made me laugh the most is when he said "Just try not to kill the campaign." on the axe of belharza thread :D
    If you want to point fingers, save at least one for the 40+ DC who forced us to run our 24 group and 12 group together instead of splitting up.

"You started it"

"No, they started it"

Who cares? Seems someone will always start it and then you either wipe wipe wipe or follow suit. (Except Banana Squad, who arrived to farm scrubs and instead found 60+ semi-organised and got wiped themselves).

The fault as always is with game mechanics that benefit blobs with meta-build skill spam.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I honestly swear WJ did our best not to kill the campaign with capping.

We stopped after Emperor keeps, we didn't night-cap as we legitimately do want constant 24/7 PvP again. Sadly we don't control the entire Pact and other guilds and randoms kept pushing.

The problem is I think we are one of the few guild still around looking for large scale skirmishes as well as small gang, most of our enemies (as shown in this thread) want small gang up to 12v12 to show their skill as individual players.

We could make small 12 man groups, we have some great 1vX players in the guild. However what are the other 30 members online in the guild meant to do then, and the ones who are not great 1vX players and join the larger raids as they contribute more and enjoy the social aspects of it.

I've seen Bannana Squad wreck entire 30 player groups with their small ones, they are good players with skill and coordination. However every time they do lose it "lag blah blah" "zerg blah blah". I guarantee if they had wiped both the EP and DC 40man raids last night we would see massive epeening about it rather than complaints.

The battles with DC last night were fantastic, we wipe them, they wiped us, they stole keeps, we stole keeps. It felt back like the old days of large battles and crazy clashes without the crippling lag. Sadly it doesn't last.

Stop saying 12v12 is small scale plz.
    You don't need to be a "good 1vX player" to be good in a 12 man group. The group is already big enough that the only instructions/communications needed for 95% of the fights are spam aoe here, now spam aoe there, move over there, spam ultis on crown now.

And if you did make 12 man groups, and you had 30 members left in the guild wondering what to do.... well wtf a 30 man zerg isn't big enough for them??? It's already bigger than 90% of groups/guilds playing against you. Especially since that 30 man group will most likely have pugs running behind them, you're looking at a 40 man zerg while you can have your 12 man group running separately. 40 man ain't enough for you big war fantasies?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to point fingers, save at least one for the 40+ DC who forced us to run our 24 group and 12 group together instead of splitting up.

"You started it"

"No, they started it"

Who cares? Seems someone will always start it and then you either wipe wipe wipe or follow suit. (Except Banana Squad, who arrived to farm scrubs and instead found 60+ semi-organised and got wiped themselves).

The fault as always is with game mechanics that benefit blobs with meta-build skill spam.

If you fall upon a 40 man DC train, then of course I understand that you want to merge groups and face them with equal numbers, it only makes sense. But I doubt that every time you ran with such numbers it was because you were triggered by a larger force on the enemy side.

And of course I point fingers in all directions, EP, DC and AD all have or have had their lag trains trying to justify themselves.
    Edited by Etaniel on September 23, 2015 10:01AM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK