The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

MASSIVE fps drops.....

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't have Minimap addon, still it's unplayable for me. Also just like on PTS every swap makes game freezing for a short time, i thought it on pts coz na latency, but....
    Edited by Cinbri on September 1, 2015 1:40PM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons don't always have anything to do with it. I've never used addons and experienced a massive fps drop after the update (even in PvE zones like Bangkorai). I've updated my Nvidia driver, restarted the PC and it was still there. I've downgraded the video quality to Medium which has fixed it, but why would I have to do this?
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks,

For those of you experiencing this issue, or any other game performance-related problems, we're looking for some additional info. Could you please reply with the following?
    • Your dxdiag
    • Your usersettings.txt
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    I've not noticed anu FPS drops however I have noticed stuttering here and there where my game will freeze for 3-5 seconds.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

For those of you experiencing this issue, or any other game performance-related problems, we're looking for some additional info. Could you please reply with the following?
    • Your dxdiag
    • Your usersettings.txt

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom where do we find dxdiag? I don't see it in the ESO folder
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    jkemmery wrote: »
    Where do we find dxdiag? I don't see it in the ESO folder

It's not in your ESO folder. It's a Windows report for your computer. Here are the steps on how to create one. :)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23138/
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where do we find dxdiag? I don't see it in the ESO folder

It's not in your ESO folder. It's a Windows report for your computer. Here are the steps on how to create one. :)

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23138/

Muchas Gracias
    Options
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jessica, where do we reply to? I have both ready to send and I tried to send them to you via message, but do not have permission.
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I send you a message with the requested files attached. FYI, my fps has been in single digits, even after reloading the ui and removing several add ons including minimap
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I send you a message with the requested files attached. FYI, my fps has been in single digits, even after reloading the ui and removing several add ons including minimap

Got it and responded. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MishMash wrote: »
    Jessica, where do we reply to? I have both ready to send and I tried to send them to you via message, but do not have permission.

Hmm, send them to me via PM here on the forums. @jkemmery just did that and it worked well.

Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    No go, I guess it is because I am a n00b on the forum as it says I do not have permission to message you

I did send them to your email.
    REF: ESO MishMash - Dx and Usersettings in the subject area.
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previously created a thread in the PTS but it appears the issues still weren't fixed. AOE spammable abilities such as sap essence (primarily) & vigor (there may be others) have been causing me drastic combat lag!

I have disabled all my addons as mentioned above & went from 6 frames to 18 but still not at the 35-45 I was at before patch.
    I even went as far as overclocking my graphics card, using the PTS setting we did (SET PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 "0"), as well as turning my graphics to absolute junk by turning sub sampling down to 1 (I already had turned down shadows)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_EricWrobel

Here are my usersettings.txt & dxdiag files:
    usersettings.txt
    http://pastebin.com/ENGQJae5

dxdiag
    http://pastebin.com/xVHJyGMY
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    No go, I guess it is because I am a n00b on the forum as it says I do not have permission to message you

@MishMash @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

You actually emailed that to me, not to Jessica Folsom. I'm not sure exactly how you got my email address, but, well, it didn't get to Jessica.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

You actually emailed that to me, not to Jessica Folsom. I'm not sure exactly how you got my email address, but, well, it didn't get to Jessica.

Well that's weird...
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it was my mistake I thought you were asking me to message it @ jkemmery (misunderstood) what you said here.. Hmm, send them to me via PM here on the forums. @jkemmery just did that and it worked well. Oh and your email address IS showing on your profile. That is how I got it.
    Edited by MishMash on September 1, 2015 2:28PM
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that's weird...

Yeah, I thought so too. I can forward it to you if you have a corporate email address you can give out.
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    No it was my mistake I thought you were asking me to message it @ jkemmery (misunderstood) what you said here.. Hmm, send them to me via PM here on the forums. @jkemmery just did that and it worked well. Oh and your email address IS showing on your profile. That is how I got it.

Alright, at least now I know. No big deal.
    Options
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used pastebin (crossing fingers with hopes that I didn't screw this up)

Usersettings.txt
    http://pastebin.com/gjK3ibY2

Dxdiag
    http://pastebin.com/RHdLE1kv
    Options
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Having huge fps swings from 60 - 9 and its not related to what is on my screen. I am on EU server - that happens in Stormhaven, Banished cells , new dungeons. Switched off all addons and still have those probs .
    Besides fps swings i have ping swings as well but those two are no in direct correlation.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I used pastebin (crossing fingers with hopes that I didn't screw this up)

Usersettings.txt
    http://pastebin.com/gjK3ibY2

Dxdiag
    http://pastebin.com/RHdLE1kv

Got it, thanks!
    Jessica Folsom
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is unplayable... at least when I can actually get into the game as 90% of the loading screens I'm in end up freezing and crashing.

Disabled addons and updated my driver, still unplayable.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running into the same issues with game performance and it's resulting neither from add-ons nor drivers; I'm even getting noticeable delays in quest log updates. Given that I wasn't experiencing any of these issues on live prior to the update, there's something in the update that's causing the problems. Note that I reported the same troubles (including repeated stuttering) on PTS and was ignored.

To be sure, it's also not my computer (i7 990x, GTX 690x2).
    DXDiag
    UserSettings
    Edited by Mujuro on September 1, 2015 3:34PM
    Options
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vaagventje17eb17_ESO
    billcage wrote: »
    FPS drops because of addons eat your pc memory . Do not use dozens of addons. Disable all addons and restart the game.After than just install the new addons for patch.

"Dozens" haha thats cute, we way past a few dozen ;)

Options
  • axw_ESO
    axw_ESO
    ✭✭
    FPS drops because of addons eat your pc memory . Do not use dozens of addons. Disable all addons and restart the game.After than just install the new addons for patch.

This is false information. I monitor memory usage among other things and ESO+system never consumes more than 6GB out of the available 16GB.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. 15-23 FPS, 400+ ping.

Started in Auridon, on to Stormhaven, on to Vet CoH, back to Stormhaven.

(Vet CoH was almost unplayable, and all group member reported the same)

Finally, came back to Auridon, Vulkel Guard, went in the enchanting station, and it all just cleared up.

US, DC. And this was before I ever set foot in Cyrodiil that day.

Addons didn't change anything. I even lowered video settings (though my rig has never had an issue running full Ultra) to no avail.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 1, 2015 5:03PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    For me the cause was Minimap.

Yes, you have to turn off minimap... It is almost unplayable with it on... Actually, most add ons are not updated yet, and if you are experiencing any issues, you should disable them and log back on and see if there is any difference.
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    axw_ESO wrote: »

This is false information. I monitor memory usage among other things and ESO+system never consumes more than 6GB out of the available 16GB.

This has nothing to do with your available memory but rather what ESO grants to lua engine and how it is being managed. We have very limited ability to monitor and tweak that.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
    Options
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    Guys, just disabling add ons is not enough. You have to remove them AND their separately stored Saved Variables file. The Saved Variables file will try to load even if the add-on is removed.

This is not true. Only enabled add-ons' saved vars are loaded.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
    Options