The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MASSIVE fps drops.....

Fya0713
Fya0713
✭✭
Happening everywhere. On my EP character, and on all of my AD characters, I'm dropping from my normal 60+ to below 15 fps. Almost makes it unplayable atm. I've heard that many others are having this issue too.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Where? What megaserver? What zone? (If in Cyrodiil, what campaign?)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Fya0713
    Fya0713
    ✭✭
    Haderus and Azura's Star, Craglorn (on EP), Reaper's March, Grahtwood, NA megaserver, everywhere within those zones (those are the only zones I've been to so far). Tried restarting my PC we'll see if that works.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Fya0713 wrote: »
    Haderus and Azura's Star, Craglorn (on EP), Reaper's March, Grahtwood, NA megaserver, everywhere within those zones (those are the only zones I've been to so far). Tried restarting my PC we'll see if that works.

Thanks for the info! For the sake of covering all our bases, could you also try disabling your addons and see if that makes any difference?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Fya0713
    Fya0713
    ✭✭
    I've spoke to some friends who aren't having any issues, and many that are. I'm going to ask for some specifics to see if there are any similarities between me and the other people having the issue.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your using an Nvidia Geforce 900 version card, they released a new video driver today.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where? What megaserver? What zone? (If in Cyrodiil, what campaign?)

Pretty much any campaign. When FPS drops suddenly to 15, you can tell that a large group of 20 players is on the horizon behind you, riding on their hideous crown store abominations quietly.
  • JHawkk
    JHawkk
    ✭✭
    What I noticed it when I turned all my add on off it fixed in FPS issues I had. So now I am just trying to figure out which addons ares hurting me the most. its not the game or server causing the FPS hit. Now if you have your addons all off and still having problems then I have no clue. Just what I did to fix it.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHawkk wrote: »
    What I noticed it when I turned all my add on off it fixed in FPS issues I had. So now I am just trying to figure out which addons ares hurting me the most. its not the game or server causing the FPS hit. Now if you have your addons all off and still having problems then I have no clue. Just what I did to fix it.

Thanks for the reminder, I will have to dump all of mine until they've been updated.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My FPS in cities has gone from 50-60 to under 30 today.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some severe FPS issues for about 10 seconds while doing the Sewer Event and fighting some EP who came to attack us, but it cleared up. Haderus, homed there, AD NA.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This shouldn't be a surprise at all...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue, really frustrating and difficult to play with 7 fps when I normally have 45+.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, from previously constant 60, it drops now to under 30, mostly in cities.
    Not to mention TONS of new bugs and infinite loading screens!!
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Avonna
    Avonna
    ✭✭✭
    turn add-ons off? are you crazy i need that stuff.

tell you what. i will turn my add-ons off if you implement them into your game.

on a different note. i do hope you get your issue resolved.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avonna wrote: »
    turn add-ons off? are you crazy i need that stuff.

tell you what. i will turn my add-ons off if you implement them into your game.

on a different note. i do hope you get your issue resolved.

^This.
    I refuse to play without the addons I have currently installed. They should be part of the "vanilla" game already, but as long as they aren't, I won't uninstall them for sure.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the cause was Minimap.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

Yeah, someone told me about this in the Craglorn zone chat a few hours ago.. unfortunately, I don't have Minimap installed.

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which minimap do you use?

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was getting errors in Fyrakin MiniMap anytime I used a wayshrine to change zones. Might be destination marker related, since I use that a lot.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been happening to me for the last few weeks. I get it really badly in Craglorn now.. not as much in Cyrodiil, but a bit.

I will be at 40fps, then down to 23 then back up to 32 then suddenly down to 9 , all while stutter, stutter, stutter.. This happened when there was a memory leak before.

Tech support was useless.

NA server and of course PC

Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disabled outdated Add-ons and Fyrakin MiniMap, everything works ok so far in Craglorn. Cyrodil (Haderus) lags, going down to 5-10 fps whenever there's fighting going on. Got kicked out, the queue is 80 :) I'll pass for tonight, i guess)
    NA
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im getting very low fps even in 4 man instances
  • ffxijunkieb14_ESO
    ffxijunkieb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. No addons, NA server, ping rate ranges from 10-999. Ultimate stopped working also. Wont generate any points.
  • KewaG
    KewaG
    ✭✭✭

For me as well. After turning the MiniMap off, everything seemed to work better. Still some stuttering but it wasn't as nauseating as it was with it on.
    Edited by KewaG on September 1, 2015 4:34AM
    Nerf RNG! Nerf BoP! Buff Everything else!
    She won't leave me because I'm too ugly to kiss goodbye...
    *@KewaG - Steam and ESO. Write ESO Steam player in my comments if you want to be Steam friends.
    * PC/NA Megasever
    * Ebonheart Pact - Mostly
    * ESO is my first MMO
    * I like group dungeons
    * I Haven't played much PvP
    * Main: Golam Ralas
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minimap lived on my PC for about 20 seconds.

The lag it induced is terrible, and to have it so it doesn't wipe 20 FPS means it updates so slowly as to be useless.
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have 1 FPS.

Even the character load screen is running super choppy at the moment.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm used to having OK FPS, but mine was dropping as low as 7 in places like Craglorn and IC. I installed the newest Nvidia driver for my 980 card and that made no difference. I got silly UI error messages when my inventory filled up and I was unable to dismiss the error message. I got fed up and disabled all my add-ons.

Disabling all add-ons did help, but I had horrific load screens in IC and I had trouble interacting with doors that the usual fixes (looking at crown store, manually switching your weapons, dodge rolling etc) wouldn't fix. About 45 minutes ago I tried to fix it by re-logging and I couldn't load back into IC (NA AD Thornblade server)....I finally gave up and hope the game is more stable tomorrow.
    Edited by Grunim on September 1, 2015 6:32AM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated my drivers, finally (wasn't updating and was a pain in the butt) and now the game is running smooth again, so YAY!

Just thought I would add this to make sure anyone reading knows that the issue I had was as a result of the drivers, like some others had experienced.
  • lifefrombelowb14_ESO
    Fya0713 wrote: »

Thanks for the info! For the sake of covering all our bases, could you also try disabling your addons and see if that makes any difference?

I have the same issue and it's really really bad in Greenshade. Disabled my addons. My FPS went from 80-90 down to 30-40 on average. Strangely Cyrodiil its about 70-80, probably because the new expansion has turned the open world pvp into a ghost town.
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same as everybody here has reported. Terrible with addons, still bad without them. Can't even go near Wayrest as DC right now.

Will try updating drivers later tonight.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group