The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MASSIVE fps drops.....

• glen_douglasb16_ESO
    glen_douglasb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi folks,

For those of you experiencing this issue, or any other game performance-related problems, we're looking for some additional info. Could you please reply with the following?
    • Your dxdiag
    • Your usersettings.txt

I don't see a way to upload an attachment but also having this issue so game is completely unplayable :(
  • Callidus_Est
    Callidus_Est
    ✭✭
    I had this same problem, but it happened today, day after Christmas. It seemed to coincide with Error 201, where it wont let you log in, despite you having a stable connection.

I usually have 30-45 FPS, but today, it has never gone higher than 10. *** 10! This just mysteriously showed up today, and it even happens in the character selection screen. I also go into 10 second long load screens every few minutes, my ping has been normal. I have been in Cyrodiil for a majority of the day, but this was still happening for me in deshaan, stormhaven, darkshade caverns. Pretty much EVERYWHERE.

I uninstalled AUI (cause of the mini-map), and destinations, and restarted the game. Didn't fix it. I also tried a full game repair, a computer restart 3 times, and the only thing left I haven't done yet is a full deletion and re-installation of the game, which takes hours and I don't want to do.

It even seems to effect other programs' sound if I have ESO open in the background. It makes it rapidly choppy. Netflix, TeamSpeak, ect.

Can someone help me?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Callidus_Est on December 27, 2015 6:34PM
    Salmion Loreius - V16 Templar Healer
    Filramo Loreius - V16 Sorcerer Tank
    Callidus Est - V16 Magicka Nightblade PvP
    Callius Alfeon - V4 Stamina Templar
  • Gilcroix
    Gilcroix
    ✭✭
    I am having this same issue, fps drop from 60 down under 10 for no reason. I can be standing in the middle of a field by myself staring at the ground and it still happens. I have disabled all add-ons and it still happens.

Funny thing is I notice that when I open a web page it goes away immediately. I can see my fps display behind my web browser and noticed when opening a page it went from red to green right away. So now when it happens I hit my windows key and IE and just close it right away. Still it would be nice to have it just not happen. Has anyone ever found a fix for this?
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Had that last night on EU mega, especially in and around Abah's Landing, switching off add-ons saw it jump up to 21 and then dropped back down to 14
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    Where? What megaserver? What zone? (If in Cyrodiil, what campaign?)

Every single trial boss. This issue happens to everyone. Will be around 100 fps and then once boss pulls and skills are being used fps drops to 25-35. This issue has been around since release and im surprised it has not been dealt with yet. It has nothing to do with add ons as many people have tried disabling all add ons and no improvement.

Also why no multi gpu support? This game has been out for around 2 years now, I have been here since launch and have been waiting for multi gpu support since launch.

Another issue is when in combat in cyrodill mainly. gpu usage will drop to 9-15% and fps will drop to 10-20. I have tried many different video card drivers and searched the forum to see if it was just me and it is not just me that is having this issue. I made a thread about this months ago providing screenshots and data but did not get any response at all from the community manager.
    Edited by Slayyer-AUS on May 4, 2016 11:31AM
    World first level 50 horse
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if anyone at ZOS even plays their game. If they did they would not be asking where the lag is happening they would be experiencing it for themselves and know.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fya0713 wrote: »
    Happening everywhere. On my EP character, and on all of my AD characters, I'm dropping from my normal 60+ to below 15 fps. Almost makes it unplayable atm. I've heard that many others are having this issue too.

Normaly an issue with the RAM if you're low in it.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really dont understand ZOS responses any more "Your dxdiag, Your usersettings.txt, what megaserver, etc etc" Excuse me but all that is BS!
    Megaservers? Really? why then in prime times we have fps drops and ping that is jumping up and down like crazy? Why in early morning or late night hours everything runs smoothly? With or without addons its all the same Yes some of them like minimap end harvestmap create more problems but at least for my rig the diff are like 3-5 fps never more!
    So fix or upgrade your so called "MEGA" servers cause apparently the are not that MEGA!!!