The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Orc Passives

• Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Duukar wrote: »
    I tested it. It does not affect skill dmg. Only basic attack damage. Really lack luster......

lol? Are you sure? How did you do your testing?

Did your testing indicate otherwise? If it does affect Surprise attack and WB then im happy as a clam. I asked for confirmation from ZoS but got none and my testing shows no affect.
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone send me some cash on the PTS @duukar so i can test this further.. im spent!
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    orcs and nords both need "robust" changed to "robust constitution" like was done for khajit to be on par with other races... health regen is a useless stat at endgame whether pvp or pve since it's ridiculously tiny compared to your self heals, to say nothing of the huge burst heals provided by allies... meanwhile 10% extra stamina regen is crucial for pve tanking and any pvp with the changes to blocking and lycanthropy
    @xylena, I noticed you mentioned the same thing in a thread about Nord passives. Or I think I recall that. So many threads on racial passives. Anyway, what do you (or any other Orc/Nord players reading along) think about these kinds of changes which not only upgrade rename "Robust" but also give players with those races better tools with which to knock heads?

Orsimer
    Under the system proposed in the link given above (with a cap of 9 points total/* must take first) you could choose from options such as:

Heavy Armor Expertise: Free passive.
    Increases gain with the Heavy Armor skill line by 15%.

Brawny
    (*) Increases your maximum bag space by 10.
    (_) Increases Maximum Health and Maximum Stamina by 3%.
    (_) Increases Maximum Health and Maximum Stamina by 6%.

Malacath's Favor
    (*) Increases Physical Resistance by X.
    (_) Increases Health Regeneration by 10%.
    (_) Increases Health Regeneration by 20%.

Swift Warrior
    (*) Reduces Sprint cost by 10% and increases Sprint Speed by 12%.
    (_) Increases the speed of regular (light and heavy) weapon attacks and their resulting damage by 2%.
    (_) Increases the speed of regular (light and heavy) weapon attacks and their resulting damage by 4%.

Berserker Rage
    (*) Fully charged heavy attacks with Melee Weapons do an 6% extra damage.
    (_) Increases Weapon Damage by 200 when below 20% health.
    (_) Increases Weapon Damage by 400 when below 20% health.

The Logic
    The familiar passives somewhat changed from the proposed 2.1 version. Robust is renamed Malacath's Favor and includes a bonus to Physical Resistance. Putting the "swift" in Swift Warrior, it now has bonuses to Sprint Speed and to any weapon attacks, not just melee weapons like One Handed+Shield, Two Handed, and Dual Wield. Instead, the new passive Berzerker Rage, named after a traditional Elder Scrolls ability, gives an additional bonus for fully charged Melee Weapon attacks. The bonus for such attacks when combined with Swift Warrior is a solid 10%, and with that faster speed (especially with a weighted weapon) you can pummel your opponents.

Berserker Rage is a lore friendly idea that makes Orcs especially dangerous when their backs are against the wall, but even if you want to go Bow, the other three passives support your play style. Mix and match passives with your preferred gear and play style to punish your foes.

Nords
    Under the system proposed in the link given above (with a cap of 9 points total/* must take first) you could choose from options such as:

Two Handed Weapon Expertise: Free passive.
    Increases gain with the Two Handed Weapon skill line by 15%.

Hardy
    (*) Increases health regeneration by 20%.
    (_) Increases Max Stamina by 3%.
    (_) Increases Max Stamina by 6%.

Resist Frost
    (*) Increases Cold Resistance by X.
    (_) Increases Max Health 3%.
    (_) Increases Max Health 6%.

Rugged
    (*) Reduces length of immobilizing status effects by 50%.
    (_) Decrease incoming damage by 3%
    (_) Decrease incoming damage by 6%

Kyne's Grace
    (*) Gain a 3% chance of negating the cost of a stamina ability.
    (_) Gain a 4% chance to absorb any projectile for 500 stamina.
    (_) Gain an 8% chance to absorb any projectile for 500 stamina.

The Logic
    Many players are not happy with Robust in 1.6/2.1, so it has been renamed and buffed here. Rugged now makes you resistance to roots and snares. The new passive Kyne's Grace adds to damage reduction and stamina management. This racial example shows off some of the fun of having options for customization. Depending on how you want to play, do you take Hardy or Kyne's Grace, for instance? Or perhaps both but leave out something else?
    Edited by tinythinker on August 11, 2015 5:51PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Zuuman wrote: »
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Well thats something at least but imperials are still arguably significantly better.

Yes and they come at a 30$ extra fee so i fail to see why it is a problem that they are somewhat better.

Because pay to win is a terrible model and is the signature of a dead game.

so this game was dead before it was launched? logic/100

Racials were balanced pre 1.6 because caps limited the effects of stacking.

Also I don't know of you've actually been playing this game since launch but pops have definitely dramatically declined since the first 6 months or so.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the speed buff on my orc. Wish they would keep that in.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also gutted about losing the speed buff.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Victus wrote: »

Where did they say they removed the speed buff?
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

I thought they had, hope they haven't. Can't get into PTS yet, it's stuck at 55% for like ever so can't check.

I heard they were removing the Swift passive for an increase of 4% weapon power. I heard it on ESO live and thought I'd read it in the patch notes too.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

I thought they had, hope they haven't. Can't get into PTS yet, it's stuck at 55% for like ever so can't check.

I heard they were removing the Swift passive for an increase of 4% weapon power. I heard it on ESO live and thought I'd read it in the patch notes too.

No they never did that or said it (to my knowledge).
    We had the movement passive last PTS and still have it on this one :smile: Here is my screenshot on the new PTS for proof
    3A6nQLW.jpg
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 10% really shows up in a suit of medium armor. Im going to try and test the 4% dmg bonus more, but as I said my initial tests showed nothing...
    Edited by Duukar on August 12, 2015 7:32PM
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JamesO

Extensive testing complete on new Orc 4% passive Melee Damage increase.

Long story short this 4% increase only affects Melee Weapon Abilities and Basic Attacks.

No Class Skills. Not Steel tornado, Flying Blade, Rapid strikes(????), or Caltrops. The tooltip should be corrected. I also believe it not affecting Rapid Strikes to be an error in the current implementation.

As an Orc NB this "buff" is literally useless as I only use class skills, Flying blade(not affected), and Steel Tornado(not affected). Rapid Strikes I use in PvE and also not affected.

TESTING - ALL THINGS EQUAL (Math shows an exact 4% increase when the new passive works)

Skill - dmg without Swift Warrior /dmg with Swift Warrior

Light Attack - 1474 / 1532

CLASS SKILLS

Surprise Attack - 5643 / 5643

Ambush - 4581 / 4581

Killers Blade - 2288 / 2288

Soul Harvest - 8139 / 8139

WEAPON SKILLS

DW

Flying Blade - 5643 / 5643

Steel Tornado - 2318 / 2318 (1st hit on undamaged enemy)

Quick Cloak - 905 / 942 (WHAAAATTT??) 37 dmg bonus

Rapid Strikes - 1001 / 1001 (1st hit in the series) ( WHAAATTTT??)

Rending Slash - 1349 / 1402 (1st hit) (forgot to test bleed ticks) 53 dmg bonus

2H

Wrecking Blow - 8704 / 8982 (should be 9052?????) 278 dmg bonus

Executioner - 2644 / 2744 - 100 dmg bonus

Brawler - No test, too boring.

Crit Rush - Impossible to test properly

1HS

Ransack - 3688 / 3835 - 147 dmg bonus

Heroic Slash - 4035 / 4195 - 160 dmg bonus

Invasion - 3361 / 3495 - 134 dmg bonus

Reverberating Bash - 2238 / 2327 - 89 dmg bonus

Alliance

Razor Caltrops - 581 / 581

CONCLUSION - This passive works on 8 abilities in the game. All other racial passive work all the time no matter what (eg 9% magicka regen, 21% stamina regen bonus, 12% health, etc etc.). The damage granted from this ability is sad. It makes even the hardest Orcs cry.

Recommended fix!!! Apply the bonus to ALL MELEE skills!!! That means Surprise attack, Killers Blade, Ambush?, and Soul Harvest.

No? Then try this.. Apply the bonus to ALL WEAPON ABILITIES.. This means flying blade, Rapid strikes, Steel Tornado...

No? DIAF!!!

You boost everyone except Orc because no Orcs cry. Thats right Orcs dont cry. This is just plain unfair.

Duuk

Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a lot of testing here. No answers?
    Options
  • Naslu
    Naslu
    ✭✭✭
    mhm - tested today with stamplar built and herewith for jabs (oh class skill...) it works as mentioned in tooltip as raw melee damage bonus (so gets buffed by cp's and so on)

jabs basic: 3748 max hit
    + 4% would be additional 149,9 dmg

jabs with orc passive: 4001 max hit
    (thats a 252 dmg ingrease)

works !
    Guild Hodor
    • Marbella Ori / Temp Healer
    • Naslu / Stam Templer
    • Ordaril / Magicka Sorc
    • Allaine De Ladonia / Magicka DK
    • Gretel Witchhunter / Magicka NB
    • Lili Catani / Magicka Tank NB
    • Prince Adam of Eternia / Stam DK

[/center]
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if it works on Templar Class skills why isnt it working on NB class skills!!????
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you isolate the Swift Warrior passive? Dont mix up the damage from the 6% bonus stam in there.
    Options
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift Warrior is unique and interesting. The changes to add 4% to melee attacks just really isn't noticeable. 4% is just very lackluster. While I think ZoS is on the right track with this change I feel like they need to increase the amount of damage.
    If 4% is not enough for you, just a small reminder that as much as 5% made Silks of the Sun set so highly desired. It's also the exact same amount of bonus you're getting with e.g. Altmer racial passive on Elemental Damage.
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem my testing revealed is that it doesnt apply to sooo many skills. no Buff to Flying blade or any DW direct damage melee ability. that just SUCKS!
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesnt it affect rapid strikes or Flying Blade? Or surprise attack or killers blade? Seriously man. The I would be fine with 4% if it worked across the board.
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesnt it affect rapid strikes or Flying Blade? Or surprise attack or killers blade? Seriously man. The I would be fine with 4% if it worked across the board.

Because flying blade isn't melee? Never has been. Rapid strikes is probably because it is apparently classified as a DoT (surge testing found this). So it should work with rapid strikes, and a lot of class skills.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because flying blade isn't melee? Never has been. Rapid strikes is probably because it is apparently classified as a DoT (surge testing found this). So it should work with rapid strikes, and a lot of class skills.

It sucks that this bonus doesn't work with range abilities. I really wish they wouldn't force orcs into melee. Why can't orcs use long range weapons like bows? Its dumb. It should just be a flat damage bonus.

Does it at least work on overload and bash?
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    Saint_JiubB14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    bash probably, Overload hvy maybe? their system for defining 'melee' has never been perfect. TES lore is that orcs are strong in melee.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Winston Churchill
    Options
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done extensive testing as well using an Orc DK. It pretty much works ONLY on exactly just melee, as in 2 handed and 1 handed, and that's pretty much it. As Duukar noted, DW is spotty and it obviously doesn't work on bow skills and it definitely does not work on class skills that are considered melee, at least as far as DK and NB go. Haven't tried on a Templar yet.

For example testing Unstable flame, as read on the tool tip: http://www.esohead.com/skills/20668-unstable-flame
    "New Effect: Ability now scales off Weapon Damage and Max Stamina."
    Now keep in mind it's range is 5 meters, while Wrecking Blow's range is 7 meters (For which the passive 4% melee damage bonus does work...well technically it came out to 1.038 and not 1.04).

Testing on level 25 worm cult pyromancer (1) and level 25 skeletal warrior (2) while being a V16 Orc DK.

a) Before placing points into passive Swift Warrior:
    1) Wrecking Blow = 4608
    2) Wrecking Blow = 4465

b) 1 point in passive leading to a 2% increase in damage:
    Again testing Wrecking Blow.
    1) Expected damage = 4608 x 1.02 = 4700; Actual damage = 4696
    2) Expected damage = 4465 x 1.02 = 4554; Actual damage = 4550

As you can note here for b), the actual damage is 4 less than the expected, ok so no big deal right? Well look what happens when we go to 4%.

c) All 3 points into Swift warrior, 4% damage increase.
    1) Expected damage = 4608 x 1.04 = 4792; Actual damage = 4784...I mean yeah, small but now the difference is larger. WTF?
    2) Expected damage = 4465 x 1.04 = 4643; Actual damage = 4635...again wtf?

So really 3rd point into swift warrior provides... 4635/4465 = 1.038, also confirmed with 4784/4608 = 1.038.

Now with Unstable Flame there was no difference in damage despite the skill now being based off of weapon damage and stamina, and it's range is less than Wrecking Blow. I mean, I guess it could be considered a spell? But if it was then why the hell make it based off of stamina and weapon damage. Makes no damn sense. If it's not a spell-based skill and not a range-based skill like bows or flying blade (can't be considering other melee skills like 2H, 1H have longer range at times) then what in damn hell is it ZOS? I guess it's just some limbo skill?

Honestly, this swift warrior passive still needs fixing. First of all make it the advertised 4% damage, don't skimp us Orcs out. Make your promise stand as stated in the tooltip. Second of all, make it affect melee based skills other than 2 handed and 1 handed. It just doesn't make sense why it wouldn't affect dual wield or unstable flames. ZOS you guys boggle my mind sometimes.

Edited by Kronuxx on August 17, 2015 9:48AM
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    I've done extensive testing as well using an Orc DK. It pretty much works ONLY on exactly just melee, as in 2 handed and 1 handed, and that's pretty much it. As Duukar noted, DW is spotty and it obviously doesn't work on bow skills and it definitely does not work on class skills that are considered melee, at least as far as DK and NB go. Haven't tried on a Templar yet.

For example testing Unstable flame, as read on the tool tip: http://www.esohead.com/skills/20668-unstable-flame
    "New Effect: Ability now scales off Weapon Damage and Max Stamina."
    Now keep in mind it's range is 5 meters, while Wrecking Blow's range is 7 meters (For which the passive 4% melee damage bonus does work...well technically it came out to 1.038 and not 1.04).

Testing on level 25 worm cult pyromancer (1) and level 25 skeletal warrior (2) while being a V16 Orc DK.

a) Before placing points into passive Swift Warrior:
    1) Wrecking Blow = 4608
    2) Wrecking Blow = 4465

b) 1 point in passive leading to a 2% increase in damage:
    Again testing Wrecking Blow.
    1) Expected damage = 4608 x 1.02 = 4700; Actual damage = 4696
    2) Expected damage = 4465 x 1.02 = 4554; Actual damage = 4550

As you can note here for b), the actual damage is 4 less than the expected, ok so no big deal right? Well look what happens when we go to 4%.

c) All 3 points into Swift warrior, 4% damage increase.
    1) Expected damage = 4608 x 1.04 = 4792; Actual damage = 4784...I mean yeah, small but now the difference is larger. WTF?
    2) Expected damage = 4465 x 1.04 = 4643; Actual damage = 4635...again wtf?

So really 3rd point into swift warrior provides... 4635/4465 = 1.038, also confirmed with 4784/4608 = 1.038.

Now with Unstable Flame there was no difference in damage despite the skill now being based off of weapon damage and stamina, and it's range is less than Wrecking Blow. I mean, I guess it could be considered a spell? But if it was then why the hell make it based off of stamina and weapon damage. Makes no damn sense. If it's not a spell-based skill and not a range-based skill like bows or flying blade (can't be considering other melee skills like 2H, 1H have longer range at times) then what in damn hell is it ZOS? I guess it's just some limbo skill?

Honestly, this swift warrior passive still needs fixing. First of all make it the advertised 4% damage, don't skimp us Orcs out. Make your promise stand as stated in the tooltip. Second of all, make it affect melee based skills other than 2 handed and 1 handed. It just doesn't make sense why it wouldn't affect dual wield or unstable flames. ZOS you guys boggle my mind sometimes.

As a Main DD orc DK with 70+ days played, I am really greatful for these *** you are doing.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    On paper sadly Imperial is still better than Orc...
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy the Robust skill now. 30% combat health regen helps when all other healing is nerfed. This Skill needs to apply to all weapon and class skills with ranges of 7m or less.. that is all..

duuk
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Duukar . Too bad about this. Orc really had it's chance to shine if this change had been implemented in an effective way.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom should have a look at this!
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck @Duukar , I've been trying to get Obsidian Shard looked at for 2 weeks now.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont get why they dont drop in here and just make a comment. Even if its a No for now and we will look at it in the future. Just makes me feel like my testing and feedback are wasted.

They have done well on lots of other stuff though. Ive been doing lots of PvP in the imperial city. The feel of the game has improved alot. When you get bursted its not like there is nothing you can do about it anymore. I feel like my burst hasnt gone away completely either. They did well!

Duuk
    Options
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to relate to the coding of class abilities that now have stamina morphs (biting jabs needs some data to back that up).

I have noticed some stamina morphs of class abilities can still be negated/silenced (ambush, surprise attack). I assume that any class stamina ability that can be negated will also not get the 4% damage increase.

I think it was probably easier to change some variables in a morph of a skill than to re-write the skill code to ensure it works like a weapon skill. What else might not work as expected with class stamina morphs (do they go against physical resistance, benefit from mighty CP, etc etc) if this passive does not?

I rolled an Orc stamina DK over an Imperial Stamina DK so hoping that it works as intended. Sprint speed buff is nice though.
    Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
    Options