The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you plan on purchasing Motifs from the Crown Store?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I already have all the motifs, though if I was just starting out and was willing to shed the cash I would consider it. Motiffs are/will become more limited from looting with the new justice system and as such would be a good means to keep prices balanced, but still a worthy profit for those found in game. Me personally, have no interest in parting with additional cash anyhow.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No,

But if other people are willing to pay the prices, GO THEM.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No, and anyone who does should feel bad.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    No, and anyone who does should feel bad.

Lol doubt some of them that say yes will matey:P
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I plan on buying both rare and common motifs.
    Bouvin wrote: »
    No,

But if other people are willing to pay the prices, GO THEM.

I know. It's so much better than the 40K - 60K gold people were selling them for in-game before.

Apparently when Zen price-gouges, it's suddenly BAD. :|

Sounds more like a few player's cash-cow dried up and it's now time to tend to the butt hurt.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only rare motifs.
    Already bought the dwemer motif to save me the hassle in-game x_x
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I enjoy the thrill of finding something rare. Paying for it would kill all the fun.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Veridiano02
    Veridiano02
    ✭✭
    No.
    Nope. No way. I'm not going to buy anything that can be obtained from random loot, at that price. Real money... Is hard to get XD. Harder than ESO gold at least. Also, I need to pay more important things with it XD.

If the dwemer motif was at 5€, you know, because it's a virtual item, and not a real one, (so I don't see the need to put it at 30€) then maybe... I fall to temptation. But for 30€... I'm going to say no.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I think it's note worthy that my wife would kill me if I told her I spent a bunch of money so that I could look cooler in my game.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Ley wrote: »
    I think it's note worthy that my wife would kill me if I told her I spent a bunch of money so that I could look cooler in my game.

Lol, aye very good point, and respects to ya if you actually did tell her, be an interesting but short lived convo:}

Need to know basis, she does not need to know :D hehe
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    DWEMER MOTIF = 5000 crowns = ~$50.00
    Yeah, nty
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it's going to be account wide or per character? e.g. will I have to pay 10,000 crowns to have it on my heavy/woodworker crafter and my light/medium crafter
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Does anyone know if it's going to be account wide or per character? e.g. will I have to pay 10,000 crowns to have it on my heavy/woodworker crafter and my light/medium crafter

I've seen other people mention that it's per character. So yes you'd have to buy 2, 1 for each crafter.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.

Yes you will and that'd be about ~$75
    Please don't do it.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »

Yes you will and that'd be about ~$75
    Please don't do it.

I take it that would per character. Since I don't plan on spending crowns on anything else I'll probably wait until I have enough from my Plus membership to buy it for each character in turn.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • WhiskyBob
    WhiskyBob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I actually refuse to buy anything out of crown store till i see more content.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Well ... it occurs to me that if they put Ashlander motifs in the store I would buy them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    5000 crowns? hell no. 34 euros, way too expensive.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I did just buy those on sale. I mean 100 crown is pretty cheap if you have crown left over
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Well ... it occurs to me that if they put Ashlander motifs in the store I would buy them.

It didn't really occur to me, at the time when I made the poll, the possibility of them adding motifs that were exclusive to the crown store. I suppose if I liked the motif enough and it was only available via crown store, I'd consider buying it but not for 5,000 crowns.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Would have voted for LOL NO, but i had to settle with plain old 'No.'
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might buy rare ones because I'm not in a zone where they might drop and I have crowns to spend before the console transfer. But, then again, I might not. I have been getting more drops of the common ones just recently but I have no moral standard for buying things I use only for appearance. Armor is armor and weapons are weapons no matter what they look like so if I think my character looks better in something rare then so be it. I did buy one common motif from a guild kiosk so i could complete the achievement and get the dye. it kind of bugged me since I had found all of them I just hadn't put them all on the same character.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I care more about what my character LOOKS LIKE than whether something is a valuable drop. If I can make my character look the way I want through buying something from the marketplace store, I will do so. Motifs are not an incentive for me to play the game, or grind, or whatever... they are simply a cosmetic feature IMO. Some people take things way too personally- "I did this, so you should have to as well" kind of attitude. Most people these days play to have fun and enjoy the game, not to compete with someone else as to how much grind they had to endure to receive something. If selling some things in the store relieves the grind for some people and keeps them playing, I'm all for it. Just as long as said items do not offer an unfair advantage creating a P2W system.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I voted no, for a few reasons. Firstly, it is something that we earned in game. I always find it offensive when they sell these types of items in the game stores of an MMO. It is at conflict with the very theme and style of a game, and takes us off on a track where everything becomes about what we buy with cash, and not what we develop with our characters. I also find it kills the in game economy. It is true, that potentially items bought in game stores could be sold to another player, but I still find that sort of behavior suspect.

Horses, pets, costumes and the like are likewise problematic to me, though more understandable. How much more compelling a game would it be if those costumes were obtained by a thief robbing them, or a player actually having unlocked the crafting skills to create them? That's how SWG worked, and it was a game that worked quite well until they ruined it. This is why the f2p model has never greatly appealed to me, because ultimately I think it is as direct odds with good gameplay. F2P essentially means that crafting in a game becomes pointless, because all too often the game developers find that is one of the easiest ways for them to get their coin. The other means of gaining cash is even more diabolical, involving actual game imbalancing bonuses for paying extra cash. I'm very hopeful ESO never goes that route, because that will be the day that my subscription/interest wanes. Its already happened for me in STO, a game which I heavily supported in the past. I think one of the big problems with MMO companies is the approach is becoming wrong. They release a game people grow attached to, and then at a certain point they get this 'milk it' attitude. Game balance goes into the toilet because everything (and I do mean everything) becomes about what you've bought with real life cash. On STO I know people who have spent 10's of 1000's of dollars on the game. That's as bad as a gambling addiction, but in the industry they are known as 'whales' (much like the term used for stock purchasers).

The main reason I choose not to purchase the motifs though is that they are a game element already part of the game, and it feels patently wrong to spend money on them. I have no problem with the purchase of DLC as that is reasonable, particularly now that the game has gone semi-f2p. If they're going to sell motifs though, what is next? Valkyn Skoria set? Ophidia? Cyrodiil's Light? Where does it end? Gear is not what a game is really about, and if game developers cease to realize this, they're going to kill the whole MMO industry some day.

US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'm a dire completionist. But I do not want to buy my way there. I get more satisfaction from finding them myself :smile:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Never, not at the prices for the rare ones, 5000 crowns for the pack of 4 (or 1500 individually) and then 5000 crowns just for Dwemer and 5000 for Imperial is ridiculously high and BS! As for the common, the prices are far more reasonable but since I don't really craft enough yet or really care if I have them all or not. If they go and nerf drop rates that will just push me away from the game if they push us into buying the crown version motifs by force.

I understand the high price tag, it's to keep the in-game versions selling for gold without making them worthless but it's too much for me as I'm not a crafter. Even if I was a crafter, $50 for one, or the 4 pack is way too much on something like this. My money can be much better spent on real life stuff than that. Even if buying these made it account-wide and all characters could craft it I wouldn't buy it at these prices.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see little difference in buying with game gold or buying with real money. Motifs are cosmetic and rely on sheer luck to find in game. If something requires effort to earn, I am less inclined to buy it myself but I see no reason to fault others for doing so since it doesn't cheapen my own achievement in my mind and I'm the one I have to satisfy. As for the price, it is what it is and no one requires me to pay it.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • justin.sniesakub17_ESO
    No.
    No, and they should never have been put in the store in the first place.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors.